Sup Forums approved art thread

continuation from

Who paints portraits these days?

I don't think anyone aside from presidents and their families even get them anymore.

I don't want some artsy bullshit with symbolism. I want a still life painted by hand.

I'm sure they would if you paid them.

Female portraits are pretty much my favorite subjects for paintings.

pre-raphaelites

Female subjects from when? You don't see modern women being painted. It's a photograph that gets airbrushed and shit.

No one does traditional sittings for portraits anymore.

>I want a still life painted by hand.
Most artists these days find this type of work to be extremely boring.
It's unfortunate because portraits are my favorite.

pic related is by one of my favorite artists of all time, gustave jean jacquet.

I really really like this image

>Female subjects from when?
Either classical style portraits of sitting women, or the more candid type paintings like pic related of a mom teaching her daughter to write and stuff.

Gonna post Jacques-Louis David till I get bored

Looking at this thread, I can't tell if trolling or if Sup Forums is full of semites.

Trolling.
The last one was good though.

west

last thread was better. people love to le ebin troll with modern """art"""

Very nice user I love this painting.

pic related another favorite, madame roland portrait.

ern

Fucking commies

civ

who is this hacker named Sup Forums and how does he approve art?

il

HD art. Only the best

The Cologne Cathedral, still on my to do list.

Do you people actively go on art tourism to see these things in the flesh?

li

za

I'd like to if I had the time or money.
Best I could go to is Boston if I survive the drive.

Ignore this post

tion

Have been to all the museums near where I live. Unfortunately have never been to Europe where most of this great stuff is.

Thomas Coles the course of an empire as well

>Old Hickory in battle
absolutely based

A detail of the Rape of the Sabine Women by Bernini. And to think this used to be a massive block of marble.

While I was visiting this statue a tourist came up to me and asked me to know what "rape" meant. Good times.

What battle is this?
Why so many nogs?

THICC

Sultan Mehmed IV to the Zaporozhian Cossacks:

As the Sultan; son of Muhammad; brother of the sun and moon; grandson and viceroy of God; ruler of the kingdoms of Macedonia, Babylon, Jerusalem, Upper and Lower Egypt; emperor of emperors; sovereign of sovereigns; extraordinary knight, never defeated; steadfast guardian of the tomb of Jesus Christ; trustee chosen by God Himself; the hope and comfort of Muslims; confounder and great defender of Christians - I command you, the Zaporogian Cossacks, to submit to me voluntarily and without any resistance, and to desist from troubling me with your attacks.

--Turkish Sultan Mehmed IV

Zaporozhian Cossacks to the Turkish
Sultan!

O sultan, Turkish devil and damned devil's kith and kin, secretary to Lucifer himself. What the devil kind of knight are thou, that canst not slay a hedgehog with your naked arse? The devil shits, and your army eats. Thou shallt not, thou son of a whore, make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, fuck thy mother.

Thou Babylonian scullion, Macedonian wheelwright, brewer of Jerusalem, goat-fucker of Alexandria, swineherd of Greater and Lesser Egypt, pig of Armenia,Podolianthief,catamiteof Tartary, hangman ofKamyanets, and fool of all the world and underworld, an idiot before God, grandson of the Serpent, and the crick in our dick. Pig's snout, mare's arse, slaughterhouse cur, unchristened brow, screw thine own mother!

So the Zaporozhians declare, you lowlife. You won't even be herding pigs for the Christians. Now we'll conclude, for we don't know the date and don't own a calendar; the moon's in the sky, the year with the Lord, the day's the same over here as it is over there; for this kiss our arse!

-Koshovyi otamanIvan Sirko, with the wholeZaporozhian Host.

The full statue.

wow lets not

Makes me proud, too bad we lost a quarter of our country in the end

Marble sculpture really blows my mind.

anything wrong with this?

>WELCOME
>TO THE BRAVE NEW WORLD
>DEE do DEE do DEE do DEE do DEE do
>something something something
>HAVEN'T YOU HEARD
>DEE do DEE do DEE do DEE do DEE do

>really fires up the synapses

Anyone have the botched jesus painting?

I loved that movie.

Ecce Homo (also the title of a great work by Nietzsche)