Question Regarding Orthodox Christianity?

I am of a different religion, and I am fascinated with Orthodox Christianity. I mean I respect their faith, and their strength. They prevented the Turks from converting them and they have a sense of brotherhood. I am asking to those who follow the Orthodox Christain faith what's their view on new comers, or those from a different race, because I am interested of their religion.

Other urls found in this thread:

reasonablefaith.org/william-lane-craig
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

My Russian maid says they don't pray to statues or crosses or shit-- Jesus is with you all the time so just talk to him directly.

This religion is bretty based

do you mean new comers as in new converts or immigrants?

Am Orthodox, here in the midwest its about 1/3 converts. Our newest priest is a convert and he's very good. Essentially the church needs as many people as possible and recognizes converts are the future since there isn't a huge flow of immigrants from Orthodox areas.

You have to choose which Orthodox Church you want to follow and then let yourself be enlightened by the people from that community.
Because Orthodox Christianity is a lot also about national identity, each church has it's own specifics.

New Converts and those who converted, but have a different skin color. Do you guys have any issues with that. I really love the Orthodox and their sense of faith. I am just tired of Sikhism.

All I can tell you is we tried telling Catholics that the idea of Pope was a mistake, but they didn't listen to us.

I understand about that, there are Bulgarian, Serbian, Macedonian, etc and etc.

Do you guys have any issues who are different skin colors or no.

>sihkism
>orthodox Christianity
>identity shopping
>checks flag

YOU LITERALLY CANNOT MAKE THIS UP

It's quite uncommon I'd say. Nobody will stop you because of skin color. But you're going to deal with prejudice in beginning, after you prove yourself Orthodox people are quite accepting.

Just skip the middle-man and worship Saturn directly. Why give some kiddie-diddler a cut of the reward?

Pretty accepting in my experience. I am Greek Orthodox but rarely go to church anymore

you were born a sikh?

Yes, this is a bit ironic I am from Canada, and I am born a Sikh, but uh I am just tired of it.

there is no christianity, only Kek

>different race
Depends where really. People like Russians or Poles might be violent towards other races, that's very rare in Balkans.
People here are casually racist, as in there are some stereotypes and shit but they aren't necessarily negative. Since you're Sikh no one would give a fuck, there's no racism towards Indians.

They actually embrace you and welcome you to the family. They are very proud of converts. Youtube Abbot Tryphon

.....said the Cuck

Bump

It's not the skin colour, it's the behaviour. And the skin colour predicts behaviour 90% accurately. It's a defense mechanism.
But if a nigger or arab acts like a good person they'd be accepted real fast.
You just cant trust a muslim. They believe that "orobpa" is theirs and christians are in the way.
pic related

>You just cant trust a muslim.
well I mean a muslim is by definition not an orthodox christian to begin with so there's that

right. I was answering a question about skin colour. Decided to expand it to muslims as well. Someone says to you they are muslim, that's a huge warning sign. And don't think aobut your average canadian or us muslims. the ones who actually grew up in muslim countries can't be trusted. The small chance they may be a jihadist is too much of a risk.
Having said that, if someone proves that they are a decent muslim and isn't going to sacrifice you to alahu, is fine and welcome. All balkan countreis have lots of muslims. But they are quiet and reserved, and accepted. ( Actually that changed in the past few years because of... (((reasons))). )

not so much skin color as it is language/culture. from my experience, each of the churches are tied up in their respective cultures. My family is Ethiopian Orthodox and it would be pretty much impossible for someone who didnt speak our language fluently to participate. I cant speak for the other orthodox churchs but thats always been my assumption.

>Youtube Abbot Tryphon
Thank you very much Friend

Thanks for the tips man.

>Orthodox Christianity
Not sure what exactly you mean by "Orthodox Christianity," OP. You really mean The Orthodox Church? Why?

Watch/read some of William Lane Craig:

reasonablefaith.org/william-lane-craig

He'll set you straight on most things orthodox in Christianity.

Find your nearest Eastern Orthodox Church and attend the next service. If it's vespers, it will be much easier to catch the priest and have a chat. If it is Sunday Divine Liturgy, attend the service and stay at the back of the church and pay attention. Go to the post-Liturgy coffee hour and speak to anyone about your interest in the church. You will be directed to the priest who will be elated that you want to convert, or are at least interested.

Wrong. The Greek, Bulgarian, Russian, Serb, Antiochian, etc. etc. Orthodox Churches are all exactly the same. You're confusing Tradition with tradition. "T"radition (uppercase T) is belief in and acceptance of the guidance of the Holy Trinity. "t"radition (lowercase t) is the local language and custom (i.e. - using Koine Greek or Church Slavonic, blessing waters, or burning the badnjak). That is the beauty of Orthodoxy. Uninterrupted continuity. I can go to church in Sofia and without knowing Slavonic, I know exactly which part of the Liturgy is being performed.

OP, go to any church you want to, as long as it is in communion with the Ecumenical Patriarch of Constantinople. Greek, Russian, Bulgarian, Serb, OCA, Antiochian. Take your pick. Any parish would be excited to have you.