CATHOLIC GENERAL II

STEALING WOLF'S LINKS

Everyone is welcome.
Discuss news, ask question, give answers, be kind to one another, and above all assist one another in living the virtuous life. As usual, I will be assisting with answering questions and helping people out. I recommend you do the same.

Community links, such as recommended media, are now below in pastebin links. Remember to recommend things to add to the lists!

Today is the feast day of the Baptism of Our Lord. You can find out more of this here:
catholicculture.org/culture/liturgicalyear/calendar/day.cfm?date=2017-01-09
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baptism_of_the_Lord

>Catholic Encyclopedia
newadvent.org/
>Recommended Movies
pastebin.com/xAL9w4fk
>Recommended Books
pastebin.com/K8DUUPdC
>Recommended Music
pastebin.com/dgqjiSgs
>Beauty of Creation
pastebin.com/VKGZEvXK
>Tales of Love and Virtue
pastebin.com/Qt3RUsXA

Here are your daily readings.
usccb.org/bible/readings/010917.cfm

MY OWN ADDITION

For new Catholics:

>Download the laudate app
>If your unable to attend a Latin mass*, get a book of sermons written by a saint to read every Sunday after mass, like this archive.org/stream/sermonsforallsun00liguuoft/sermonsforallsun00liguuoft_djvu.txt

*list of latin masses in US & Canada ecclesiadei.org/masses.cfm
list of latin masses in UK lms.org.uk/mass-listings

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hOoKTYm8WH8
youtube.com/watch?v=LyJI9xDUYV8
youtube.com/watch?v=YMFBxQFm-X0
youtube.com/watch?v=fxdt_f0hwUg
youtube.com/watch?v=ajLzAuyHHp0
breitbart.com/london/2017/01/09/pope-europes-identity-crisis-rediscover-roots/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Protestants are cucks

Catholics aren't Christian

>protestants

youtube.com/watch?v=hOoKTYm8WH8

youtube.com/watch?v=LyJI9xDUYV8

youtube.com/watch?v=YMFBxQFm-X0

youtube.com/watch?v=fxdt_f0hwUg

youtube.com/watch?v=ajLzAuyHHp0

Why has the church served as a pedophiles wet dream by facilitating the buffet of kids for generations?

Prods
>We needed to reform the Church to make it more like it was under the Church fathers

St. Ignatius of Antioch on the transubstantiation (which Prods deny) in 100AD
>I have no taste for corruptible food nor for the pleasures of this life. I desire the Bread of God, WHICH IS THE FLESH OF JESUS CHRIST, who was of the seed of David; and for drink I DESIRE HIS BLOOD, which is love incorruptible.

St Cyprian on Papal Supremacy (which Prods deny) in 210AD
>Indeed, the others were that also which Peter was [i.e., apostles], but a primacy is given to Peter, whereby it is made clear that there is but one Church and one chair. So too, all [the apostles] are shepherds, and the flock is shown to be one, fed by all the apostles in single-minded accord. If someone does not hold fast to this unity of Peter, can he imagine that he still holds the faith? If he [should] desert the chair of Peter upon whom the Church was built, can he still be confident that he is in the Church?"

>American Protestants

Well theres your problem

God bless and goodnight!

who here /restore temporal power to the pope/?

>“Europe as a whole is experiencing a decisive moment in its history, one which it is called to rediscover its proper identity,” Francis said. “This requires recovering its roots in order to shape its future.”

Pope pretty much calling for a Europe of independent Catholic Kingdoms united under the Pope

breitbart.com/london/2017/01/09/pope-europes-identity-crisis-rediscover-roots/

The Pope should have been made the ruler of Italy desu.

Mazzini and Garibaldi were losers and cucks

theocratic italy would have been 10x less cucked and worthless as what we got

Can Catholicism and Paganism be mixed?

Here's my reason for asking:

The Catholic Church tolerates a number of forms of "folk catholicism" and folk customs that are pagan in origin. For example, Mexicans are allowed to practice "Day of the Dead" in which they give offerings to their dead ancestors. Last year, Pope Francis issues a statement to Japanese Catholics ENCOURAGING them to make offerings at Shinto shrines- because (to paraphrase him) "Shinto is the way which God chose to manifest himself for the Japanese people".

As long as God is held above Pagan gods and they are not worshiped in place of God but rather as nature spirits, why wouldn't it be permissible? The Norse Gods, for example, are not omnipotent beings- they are created beings that find themselves in the world. In Norse cosmology, the thing that most closely resembles God the Father is the Well of Urd, or the Wyrd- that which is prior to Being and out of which Being flows. For them, it was just a mysterious force that was the foundation of Being- but if you add in Christianity, you can simply replace the mysterious force with God, and you can believe that God manifested himself on earth in the form of a man, without declaring that Odin and Thor are not doing anything in the world.

Not saying I want to do this or trying to start a flame war, I think it's an interesting question- and if it could work, maybe it could reconcile right-wing groups that fight over baganism :DDD and Christianity

bump