You are learning a new language to keep your brain in shape, right user?

you are learning a new language to keep your brain in shape, right user?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=7CbfpuFjCbU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

learn programming.

knowing more languages will be useless in 15 yrs

does learning newspeak count?

3,3 is dog

are those all different kanji?

please say no

please
pls

time to hit the books user

I already learned programming, what next?

learn cad

what language should we learn?
I feel arabic might come in useful but I dont want to learn it just because I might need it to stay alive.
Ive always wanted to learn French personally.
what do you suggest

Does imitating monkey sounds count as african ?

Learning Spanish as my second language. I don't care what anyway says about it being "too easy", it's a great starter second language for native English speakers.

Learning Mandarin for engineering prospects.

Yep. Currently German.

Mein Mann ist Türke.

Let me know which projects so I can steer clear of them.

>spanish
>too easy

Good luck with the verbs.

k

There's a lot of good stuff to read in French and it's easy for an English speaker to pick up

kek. Germany won't exist in 50 years

No fuck off. If you dont speak English your not my friend.

I've a smattering of esperanto... slowly working on improving.
That's enough for me.

If you don't know English then learn it.

Read literature.

Nah I think they're making a joke

> speaking anything other than english
KYS

I've got basic from high school. its always been my favourite language.
its just the way europe is right now, i feel it could be a waste of my time.
learning piano at the moment, reading music etc

Neither the British Empire :^)

THOSE ARE DIFFERENT WORDS

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?

THIS IS LIKE IF KANA HAD NOTHING BUT シツソン

WHAT IN HOLY FUCK?

no

Music is an extraordinary language. What a shame it keeps getting cut from our public schools.

yeah its a shame.
im not learning in a convent ail way but getting there slowly.
sounds pretty gay but music is truly a universal language and really fires those nurons

>シ
Smug kana face

>Shi Tsu So N

Look at this baddie who can't memorize stroke order.

>conventional

Relax weeb, you're not going to learn Japanese anyway.

外人、止めろください。
アノンっちは日本語を勉強ですか?

working on moon but I am old and slow and don't have much time so it will take forever, oh well one day in 4 years I may be able to watch anime without subtitles

Only two.
犬 (dog) and 犬 (fat).

うそ

Ich spreche kein Deutsche...

Perhaps I must try Arabic instead

>犬 (fat).

ISN'T THAT 太い?

Gib back Malvinas!

I hear Dutch is bretty easy to learn for English speakers. Is this true or am I being rused by some Netherlander fags?

how old?

behold, the true power of autism

good advice. careers galore

A little wrong user. 大-Big 犬-Dog 太-Fat

are they having sex?

I've never tried learning it for real, but if you know some of the basics about it you can kind of stare at it and pick a lot of it out. Similarly with most romance languages.

So that's probably a lot easier than something completely different like Arabic or Japanese.

How about Frisian?

大 isn't on there.

Shit senpai, I need what you have, I have an exam Monday and I don't know shit.

Yes, I am practicing my Burger when I travel to America
How is it?

mid 30's with a job, so i spend some time each night on my deck, but I only started like a month ago so progress is slow. Should have started years ago but didn't want to deal with the weebs at school.

It isn't, but I through it in as a little bit of extra information. I'm nice like that.

If you're the guy who's been posting a lot here recently, it'll be plenty good. Some things are a little off, but it's never confusing.

As long as you don't use the word burger to refer to people when you speak and you should be good. Although Sup Forums might not be the best place to learn proper English.

Yeah
Old pic though.

>tfw Sign Language isn't universal

If it like this in any way, you will be promptly lynched:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=7CbfpuFjCbU

> 209 minutes of anki
You know you would be better off spending this time reading some ranobe or VN, right? Anki isn't supposed to be the only studying material you have, its pointless to spend so much time on it, and near-impossible to keep motivated to do it every day like this.
Lower your rates to 20-30 minutes a day, get some Japanese reading material for extra time you have.

太い
ふとい
futoi
fat/round

大きい
おおきい
oukii
big

いぬ
inu
dog

おっと
otto
hjusband

テン
ten
heaven/sky

ya
arrow

失う
うしなう
ushinau
to lose

サイ
sai
-years old/genius

つち
tsuchi
dirt/earth

シ/さむらい
shi/samurai
samurai/person radical

シツンソノ
日本語が話せない人出て行けこのくず野郎らが。

>tfw I can read this
thank you anki

Getting paid to learn korean in cali. Not a bad deal

勉強は必要のはお前だろうワロタ

It is but pretty much every dutch person knows english

arabic and farsi are aids. german and french are too but they are actually learnable. korean takes practice and japanese is literally one of the most linguistically simple languages known to man. the meme that japanese is hard is just that; a meme.

RIGHT NOW, you too can stop being a redditor, and learn katakana/hiragana in two weeks and play japshit games and learn basic dialogue

Hello.
I speak:
german (native tongue)
english (fluent)
dutch (basic, understand more than i speak)

I am currently learning japanese and will attend a language school in Japan for 2 years this June

Next language on my list would be russian i think...

PS: I would rather die than learn arabic or shit like that

tried spanish,latin. watched the videos, but it fades if you don't watch everyday.

Japanese is probably the most useless language you could ever learn.

Not surprising that a bunch of autistic anime-watching virgin NEETs on Sup Forums would take interest in learning it, though.

Just know that real Japanese people find you repulsive.

だれ?
えと。。。君はばか外人です。。

えと、日本語はたのしい言語

>starting japanese in your mid 30's

you realize you just fucked yourself out of many opportunities to move to japan, right? the age limit is 35 for almost all scholarships and job opportunities in japan

>ろください
御自殺をお試したらいかがですか?

I know a few words. oriental is weird though.

Forgot pashto in the aids list.
Korean is so.vastly different from English it isn't funny. Though if you master japanese/korean the other will be a breeze since grammar is the same more or less. Korean is a beast though and I can attest to this. and we have to practice 8+ hours a day.

>you realize you just fucked yourself out of many opportunities to move to japan, right

I have no interest in moving to japan, travel sure, but that is about it. It is really about anime. pathetic I know but what the hell. You have to have goals in life.

Your Japanese is not quite good.
お前らの日本語は下手すぎる。もっと勉強した方がいいんじゃないか。

how did you land that gig?

It's not pathetic to learn a language, even if it's just to enjoy some foreign culture.

Air Force airborne linguist.

you aren't offering him 自殺 on plate mate, you'd want to say
自殺試してみてどう?
if you're going to insult someone you dont even need particles like を or が.

my post was perfect, learn how は works you fucking illiterate abbo faggot

impressive

yeah. a programming language.

>programming
>a language
hahahahahHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>learning japanese without any plans to communicate with the japanese

you're going to regret that life decision down the line

though i imagine at 35 there's probably a lot you regret, so what's another dime in the bucket?

Oh, I could read all of this but the first Kanji...so at least my kanji is improving. I feel accomplished, since I've been self studying on and off for 2 years.

>generating synaptic connections is bad
enjoy your alzheimers you baneposting trog

Learning Japanese and going through the JET programme application right now. Wish me luck senpai.

Yes, but I'm under no illusion how fucking useless foreign languages are for anyone who speaks English to a high level

I learn purely because it's something to pass the time.

>you realize you just fucked yourself out of many opportunities to move to japan, right?

Literally the only time you would ever want to move to Japan is if you're rich, or have some kind of internet business where it doesn't matter where you live.

Working in their culture is the most idiotic fucking thing you could ever wish to do.

So no, age is completely irrelevant.

>implying it's not fun to pick up enough bits and pieces to shout in 11-speak like your favorite animes.

uhh...lad...

2 years and you still don't know "you"?

This is what happens when you rely too much on anki and don't have proper reading material. 君 is one of most frequent words in manga/ln/vn.

Nah, man. The US is increasingly a 3rd world country where the 3rd worlders don't bother to speak English with each other. It's nice to have some idea of what they're saying.

>勉強が必要なのはお前の方だろう。

This is the correct way. Don't get triggered because I hurt your ego.

Daily reminder.

They'll be cucked within a couple of generations when the school system forces English onto them and they stop giving a shit about their parents/grandparents heritage.

you are literally a fucking retard. put down the textbook and learn colloquial japanese you fucking inbred marsupial nigger. have you even been to japan?

I already passed the paper application round, I have an interview at the embassy at the end of the month.

Dude the school system is just going to put them in classes where they can speak their own language (if it's a big enough minority) because it would be racist to expect them to know the de facto language of the land.

moonrunes are gay.

No not really, I just started Kanji like 4 months ago and havent really gotten used to reading it yet. I use something called "Kanji sempai" on my phone (It just really matches my learning style), and Memrise for vocabulary. I also am subbed to a ton of jvlogs learning channels on youtube that explain Kanji (makes it easier to remember) like "That Japanese man Yuta", and "Japanesepodcast101". That helps with grammar an sentence structure. I also do a lot of reading of simple stuff. Like Japanese children's books.

I picked up a little French and Spanish from Duolingo but it's been a long time. I think I already have enough French under my belt to feel like I'd be wasting my time with anything else.

I'd probably try Japanese after that.

south korea, you card. I know you want to be BFF with America but Japan is our one and only waifu.

Is it worth learning chinese?

I mean isn't china collapsing in few years?