What does it take to be a real man?

My father wakes up before dawn everyday to bust his ass and return straight to bed so that my family and I can have a roof over our heads, and a warm meal.

I look up to my dad. He's the greatest man I've ever met, even with his flaws, such as a short temper, and a drinking habit. But he's an honest man. A simple man. One who provides for his family no matter what, always making sure to work overtime, carry the extra weight.

I try very hard to be like him. I was not born under the same circumstances he was. He grew up without a father and a mother who would abandon him. He had to learn to live a harsh life, dropping out of high school to take care for his siblings. The only life he ever knew was a working one.

I have had everything handed to me, all needs met, without having to work for anything. My hands are delicate and slender while my father's are scarred and tough from work. I try to help him, accompany him to work, help around the house, do anything, but I can never do it right. He says to go back to my Law studies.

Help me Sup Forums. What do I have to do to become a real man? I don't want to sit in a desk typing away for the rest of my life after I graduate from high school. I want to strive to be like the man I most admire.

Step one: stop going to Sup Forums for advice.

you're trying to be someone else instead of yourself OP

This.

Just be yourself!

You are trying to be something you will never be : a rugged man due to circumstances.

Whether you can be a man or not I can't tell. Though I have my doubts considering you are taking advice on life from people on Sup Forums. You are probably one of those people who thinks "what would Sup Forums think" with every life decision you make. Someone like that can never be a man.

Men make their own decisions.

Keep studying law.

Your Dad worked his ass of so you could. You don't have to do work like he did to be a man. Get /fit/, sure, but just excel at what works for you and become a success. As long as you can support your family, you are a real man. You don't have to be like your father in every way, just absorb the positive lessons he's taught you about work ethic and such.

Hmm that and a pair of testicules

Your dad worked as hard as did to give you the opportunity and quality of life he did so that you may have the choice to do the same for your children in the future if so you wish

that is the greatest gift any man could give someone

This. Make the old man's effort seem worth it; he gave up his best years getting your ungrateful arse into law school- don't put all that to waste

>What does it take to be a real man?
balls

>What do I have to do to become a real man?
if you have a job and provide for your family, you are already a man.

>Help me Sup Forums. What do I have to do to become a real man?

Jesus fuck what's happened to this board?

You can't do shit, you obviously took after your mother who made you a weak faggt, nothing wrong with that, accept it and focus on something else

apparently if you have a family you become an iron man capable of doing anything as long as it's for your family

Beta white males

Whites are the most beta race

>white

As a father, I will tell you that the only thing you can do, and I mean the only thing is succeed. When he is old and broken and wonders where his life went, he will look at you and think to himself "that's where it went" and for him, it will all have been worth it. You literally have the power to make his life meaningful in your hands. No excuses. Do it.

t. django ramirez

>My father wakes up before dawn everyday to bust his ass and return straight to bed so that my family and I can have a roof over our heads, and a warm meal
Sounds like a gigantic cuck to me
>wasting your life away for other people
It's not even necessary in modern day America either. Just get ebt

t. Beta white

pay dehts pay debst PAY DEBST

To cry your tears, not afraid to let them show.

>Law Studies
>still in High school

Fake

Figured this board had a bit to share. I was right.

I don't wanna be a pussy unlike him

I guess you're right

Thanks. I think you're absolutely right.

Fuck dude. Yeah. Didn't really think of it like that. I love that old man.

>dont be a pussy
>buy your dad nice things

Okay.

You have embryo level IQ.

A man provides.

Anything for him. I promise I will

How is that being a cuck?

Yeah my dad ain't a coward like that to just suck off of welfare. He also didn't grow up in the US

My high school has a Pre-Law program

Thanks man

The whole notion that blue collar workers are somehow morally superior to everyone else raises major "red" flags, if you know what I mean.

i think its okay to reply to multiple people in one post

boats n hos

He's giving away his life for other people
Pretty cucky

my dad spent most his life typing at a keyboard, got 5 our six awards. we never didn't have a roof our food. died of cancer after 15 our so years. very sad.

>My father wakes up before dawn everyday to bust his ass
>always making sure to work overtime

Sounds like a fucking moron. He could have worked normal hours and your family would hardly know the difference. Or better yet, he could've gotten a job that didn't suck.

But user the work pf a lawyer is that of a real man.

Your father wants a bigger better life for you. Make him proud. I bet he wishes he could have given you more.

what did he write?

Different times require different men.

Your father wouldn't want you to sacrifice your future to be like him. He wants you to be you, not him.