Spain's great armada was a bunch of shitty rowboats compared to the opulence of imperial China

Spain's great armada was a bunch of shitty rowboats compared to the opulence of imperial China.

Bonus: the captain of this magnificent bitch was a muslim.

How does it feel being a bunch of dirty savages?

and niggers still use dug out canoes in 2016 what's your point

It's called a junk for a reason.

China didn't rape and pillage south America though

How come China didn't conquer 3/4 of a continent if their shit was so hot?

THE BRITS DID

SINK
THE
CHINKS
!

China lost every single war they had with another country.

All their military strategy is based around beating other chinks.

Looks pretty easy to blow down the rigging and set afire, tbqh familia.

How many guns did she have? What was her rate?

What are you even doing man

I hope that's just a proxy

>Medieval ship
>Only 1 captain
That just means it was a shit ship that sunk in less then 50 years.

what's wrong with rowboats? How else would you able to traverse rivers and rape and pillage upstream.

Her rate was shit as it was a river boat.

Didn't the Chinese launch an expedition to the new world first? I remember reading this but not details

>not knowing how naval battles work
Have fun trying to turn that hunk of junk.

and who gives a fuck, China did fuck all with them. and then scuttled them and then got blown out of the water every time they tried to be a naval power since.

There are some indications that america was visited by Romans, Celts, Chinese etc.

And Vikings obviously, but that's proven.

Didn't the chinks build those ships on lakes? I remember reading about them having hilariously retarded sea battles with fleets of giant ships on tiny ass lakes.

It was so they could have an army on board jumping from ship to ship

Because the one fleet they sent out for discovery sank, and most of the centuries in China were spent trying to consolidate the empire, which due to technical challenges that come with the sheer size of the country and the occasional hereditary crisis was impossible.

Yep, they're definitely a people you don't want to start a civil war with.

BTFO

ACTUALLY

No.
They sent out a fleet one time
Found a bunch of savages and were like 'meh, not worth our time. Glorious china need not these lands.'

Then walled themselves off until the savages came by with boats and guns and said "hey we want to trade, or else."

>great chinese junks meet puny British frigates
>brits lose 69 men
>chinese lose an estimated 20,000 men

He believed in a sea goddess so not really much of a muslim and was a eunuch

ITT: Idiots who don't know that a wooden ship will be snapped in half by differences in buoyancy past a certain length which is why the treasure ships were coastal vessels.

See those sails the Spanish ship has? The ones the Chinese ship doesn't have? They pretty much make anything else about that Chinese junker irrelevant

A PROXY WON'T

SINK
THE
CHINKS

European ships have consistently mounted more guns of higher quality into smaller more manueverable platforms since the battle of salamis in the early 1600s where the entire islamic armada was wiped out almost to the last ship by a force 1/3rd thier size.

(Turns out when you can mount more guns of higher quality you dont need as many ships, or as many shots to achieve hits either)

After that battle the mediterranea was controlled by european navies and muslim navies never again amounted to more than small flotillas of ragt-tag raiders with stolen guns of incredibly poor quality and maintenance.

European ships have consistentky slaughtered anyone elses since they first started building them.

their navy was mostly designed to sail the shallow waters of their inland rivers, the Spanish had proper seafaring ships (smaller surface size, larger part of the body underwater)

>this triggers the chinks

I meant the battle of lepanto. Salamis was another total slaughter with greece annhilating the persian navy.

From the battle of lepanto:
"At some point the Janissaries ran out of weapons and started throwing oranges and lemons at their Christian adversaries, leading to awkward scenes of laughter among the general misery of battle."

tfw spain and china both had their ENORMOUS armadas BTFO by a few anglo ships.

Nice ships chaps, would be a shame if someone were to decimate them.

China became very isolationist and fragile after getting slaughtered abd raped by the Mongol Horde. They didn't want to venture out and explore/trade with the world.
Brits sent the McCartney Expedition over to try open them up for trade.
China were being little bitches about the whole thing. So we fucking destroyed Nanking and got them all hooked on opium.

Also their ships were shit compared. The Brits sent out the steel hull/coal powered 'Nemesis' to fuck their poncy dingies ups

This board is for the discussion of news, world events, political issues, and other related topics.

Off-topic and Sup Forums-tier threads will be deleted (and possibly earn you a ban, if you persist). Unless they are quality, well thought out, well written posts, the following are examples of off-topic and/or Sup Forums-tier threads:

>Red pill me on X. (with no extra content or input of your own)
>Are X white?
>Is X degeneracy?
>How come X girls love Y guys so much?
>If X is true, then how come Y? Checkmate Z.

The variety of threads allowed here are very flexible and we believe in freedom of speech, but we expect a high level of discourse befitting of the board. Attempts to disrupt the board will not be tolerated, nor will calls to disrupt other boards and sites.

>1 post by this ID

WET
THE
VIET

member me buddy ? :3

DRENCH
THE
FRENCH

ALWAYS

What happened to the Nemesis? Is it still intact?

huge raft vs seafaring vessel

>hurr large is better
'murrica

Let me help you understand on American terms

Small discovered tomato, potato and corn

Corn oil + potato = fries, tomato = ketchup

Mmmmm yum yum fries with ketcup goood good

C C U C C C

You could make like 5 frigates from the wood of one of those chinese ships so it's not really that great to build a giant ship.

Dunno Sven take a boat across the Mediterranean with all the Ahmeds

Were these ships actually real?

It's not the size of the boat, that matters, it's how you use it.

There is a reason China got completely destroyed by British empire in the 18th and 19th century in naval battles.

The smaller ship would BTFO the biggers one in war. Euros made smaller ships on purpose.

Yeah but it was a show of power for most of its life it sat in port.

And when it did go out it was a for power projection

This garbage has been debunked so much it's ridiculous. It's we wuz kangz tier.

Naus and Carracks a best

You got the time period wrong mate. The isolationist policy only popped up late into the Ming Dynasty. Yuan (Mongols) and early Ming still ventured out all the time.

I see I'm not the only who sent in the money to get the ten mast ships!

this boat could never cross the an ocean, would break in two, this is why a caravel was created this way instead of the old square shit roman galleria style.

Learn water dynamic you faggot.

Small not aircraft carrier. Aircraft carrier + Boom boom = Freedum

That ship was physically impossible to build. It would tear itself apart. Chinks are a bunch of liars.

>build huge fleet
>use it for nothing
>spend centuries getting high and letting empire decline into shambles

china is the biggest meme in history

haha, nice to see you lad. I was planning on visiting your country this year, have you any advise for an autistic gaijin like me?
I'm particulary interested with historical monuments, museums and drugs, what do ?

Do you still have french buildings from the colonisation era? My grandpa did his military service in Vietnam and said it was a fun contry to live in (and he loved the cat food)
Greeting from France anyway, if one day ou come here i will gladly host you to my home and offer you baguettes, cheese, wine and good laughs.

These 2 models are each of a different scale so. But the Chinese ship sure was a huge ship.

>china is the biggest meme in history
most honest thing ive ever seen posted on Sup Forums the british went over there slapped their shit and took hongkong and no one did a fuckin thing same with the americans and japan

In all likely hood its greatly exaggerated. There are certain stress limits that limit building size for said material. Same reason why you wouldn't see wooden sky scrapers, wooden boats can only get so big before stress makes them break. For seafaring vessels, Brits hit that limit in 1860 with the Mersey class.

t. Naval Architect

Because China aren't meddling cunts like the white man

Face it, China are the good neighbours and white men are the ones drinking till 4am playing load music and then chimping out when you tell them you'll call the cops if they don't keep the racket down

3 of those smaller ships could totally wreck that thing.

plot twist.

Sorry mate, this is what I get taught in my 'Decolonised' lectures at a leftist cess pit uni. Bit I still think it stands that the chinks had taken a massive blow to their culture and didn't want to push out into the world at the same scale as Middle Eastern and European countries/empires

Also checked

Don't forget Russia and France going in for their slice of the action.

China got C U C C T

>CHINKS!

The big one was just for show as it would have crumbled into pieces in the ocean.

i heard that naval engineers have hard time to find a job.
>i have the opportunity to be one

>In France

>yes
so is it hard to find a job

>get out of europe you shitskin reeeeeee

It was slow for a while there with Saudis fucking up oil and Obama fucking up the Navy. After Trump though there's been a noticeable change for the better. It's small industry but a solid one and you'll learn most of what mechanics and civils learn so you aren't locked into it.

>native north American people
>constantly fighting other tribes over territory

>native american people
>aztecs enslaved the cultures surrounding them and gruesomely murdered the prisoners in ritual sacrifices

>african tribes constantly fighting eachother and selling the prisioners as slaves to arabs and europeans

>arabs
>asides of their general brutality also tried conquering all around them and made slaves/sex slaves out of europeans and africans

>chinese
>the sole reason they didnt expand further through invasion is because their empire was crumbling under its own weight due to their dumbness to properly rule

>HURRR DURR WHITE PEOPLE ARE EVIL, THE OTHER RACES R PEACEFUL
>typing from the comfortableness of a white country

Neck yourself

> historical monuments
Hanoi, Hoi An, Hue and Da Lat.

> museums
Museum of Worldwide Arms in Vung Tau.

> drugs
Every backpacker area in big cities. Mostly low quality though.

> Do you still have french buildings from the colonisation era?
Yes, most of them are in Da Lat.

> Greeting from France anyway, if one day ou come here i will gladly host you to my home and offer you baguettes, cheese, wine and good laughs.
THANK FOR THE KIND OFFER, BAGUETTE-SENPAI. HOWEVER, I CAN ONLY TAKE UP ON IT AFTER I

SINK
THE
CHINKS

wow, you gave me hope, now if anyone asks me about what trump done good i will point to naval engineering.

20 more years and it wouldve been those giant wooden ships vs ironclads bouncing every shot and ramming the chinese in half

Our navy wasn't only ships. Men, they mattered too.

> «My Flag», represents a farmer called Martín Álvarez.
> Battle of Cabo de San Vicente (14-2- 1797 or 2-17-1797 as dumbass muricas would say)
> Defending the flag of his ship «San Nicolás de Bari»
> When all the crew was dead or badly wounded.

If you've ever had chonest neighbours you'll know how loud they are. And they chop vegetables tI'll 3 in the morning on acoustically heightened sounding boards next to your joining walls

Europe as got fucked over by the mongols and islam but it didn't stop us.
It's like they don't teach European history for a reason. So they can control the flow of excuses

you realize that a Trireme is also that much larger than a Caravel?

take a broom m8 and hit the wall.
if they chingchong at you tell them: m8 u wanna joke i ll show you what a joke is"
>gets to home
>bring butter knife and broom stick
>stab the half metrer chink pussy in the ass
>break the broom stick on that half human loud chink.
> slap the chink to the mouth.
it will look like a giant punishing plebs. which is actually just an average 180cm man beating 158cm chinks. because DONT FUCK WITH THE WHITE MAN

>yfw Opium Wars

>what are timelines

This

Those gigantic ships were useless

>being this shit at history

Lepanto happened after the expeditionary fleet was coming back from the conquest of Cyprus, and were just docking and restocking at port when they were attacked.

Learn to naval battle, and fleet attacked while docked at port will lose. Especially if they just came back from an expedition.