What is the best evidence for God? What gets rid of your doubt?

What is the best evidence for God? What gets rid of your doubt?

I'm agnostic. I like Christianity, but I'm not sure if I can be fully invested.

Sway me. Atheists are welcome to argue against this too.

bump please don't doom to me hell Sup Forums

What is the best evidence for the Holocaust? What gets rid of your doubt?

What is the best evidence for the lack of god?

Idk the hall of cost doesnt matter to me

I just want some proof of Jesus' divinity.

Become a deist, religion is for cucks.

There's as much evidence for the holocaust (even if exaggerated) as Jesus.

oh god her body is so repulsive

You'll turn this into a discussion about the Jews.

What do you consider as evidence for Christ? If you consider it on par with the holocaust. occuring.

I can't tell if this is bait or not.

Simply put, there is no evidence for God. Therefore, from a strictly logical point of view, it must be assumed that there is no God. (Burden of proof, Occam's razor, russels teapot, turtles all the way down etc)

But its okay if you have faith because it makes you happy or comforts you or gives you hope or or or...

I don't believe in god or a divine creator/s. If angels came down to earth and God spoke to humans then I'd believe.

I don't consider the bible evidence. Just a shitty book written by jews.

I'd sooner believe in pagan gods then Christianity

>You'll turn this into a discussion about the Jews
When you want to speak to people, you have to first speak their language. It was just an analogy.

>What do you consider as evidence
Many things in the bible have been proven to have taken place, the word of Jesus' arrival has been passed down from generations to generations.

I see so much bad shit going on in my life, here and everywhere else online, and all around the world both in the past, now, and seeing what may come up soon.

That doesn't make me not believe. On the contrary, it gives me hope when I really sit down and read the Bible, meditate, really think, that someone out there also has that hope and really does believe that it is Love that is the most powerful thing in the world because apparently God is love.

There's hope and love left in the world, far away from the rest in this wicked, disgusting world. The Devil does rule the world right now and nearly everything in it.

Love is the only evidence you need.

>What is the best evidence for God?
FEELS
I can't tell if your comparing god to the hall of cost because they're both not real or something else.

No, it isn't bait. I'm stupid.

But it is hard to read this and not be envious. I feel like religion serves a great purpose in society and brings comfort to most people that atheism and the empirical approach just doesn't.

Religious discussions belong on

>I'm agnostic
>sway me

Why? You'll never get anywhere and you'll always be floundering around with the way you think. Why do you think it's some club that would benefit from your allegiance? You don't know shit and because of that you have nothing to offer anywhere. Do you realize the magnitude of the tradition you think needs to explain itself to you? You have about 1900 years of grown men doing grown men shit that bordered on the super human in the name of Christ. Who the fuck are you?

First step- truly humble yourself and acknowledge the fact that you know less than fuck all.

1) hallucinating and seeing god appear before me as a white smokey cloud of the legendary Aether or Brahman varying between Greek and India.

2) proving that the earth is flat and the round earth is part of the thousands and thousands year old conspiracy starting with Atlantis to take over and rule the world.

3) realizing Genesis 1:1 takes place right after Ragnarok (norse mythology) once you take a minor look at the grammar in the original hebrew, it implicates that the earth HAD become a dark and void place. the

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

this could have been millions and billions of years. and it probably was. this also implciates that the earth and heavens were completely full of life, and something happened that made it formless and empty, as it wasn't created that way in the first place. god did not start with a formless and empty plane of earth

4) Realizing there is some kind of connection with Hinduism, Shiva in particular has a connection with the bible for he wears a snake around his neck
mark 16:17
17And these signs will accompany those who believe: In My name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; 18they will pick up snakes with their hands, and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not harm them; they will lay their hands on the sick, and they will be made well.

Numbers 21:9
9And Moses made a bronze serpent and set it on the standard; and it came about, that if a serpent bit any man, when he looked to the bronze serpent, he lived.

5) the bible talks about string theory, the holographic universe, and a property called non-locality where once you make an object too big, or too small it "disappears"' and goes everywhere at once. I can't possibly find all the verses that indicate this, its something to discover yourself

the bible is the proof, it says in the book its right why would someone lie in it

youtube -> kent hovind seminar

The question is would you rather know the truth or live the lie? Some people prefer to question things and have greater meaning in life so they don't need religion.

I'm usually pretty tolerant but this legit made me cringe.

8/10 master troll made me respond

Christian mentality before the cuckening.

at least protestants realize the catholic church is mostly pushing Satan worship.

Best evidence is lack of proof.

People really believe this esoteric shit. Read the secret history of the world. It's fucking a trip mate.

See

I'm an atheistic discordian, sway me instead! :3

Fantastic. It wasn't a troll.

While the hall of costs may be exaggerated, it most certainly happened. There is literally not one ounce of CREDIBLE evidence supporting divinity

>First step- truly humble yourself and acknowledge the fact that you know less than fuck all.

and all the stars are called by name.

You can be proud of your Christiab heritage, as am I of my crusader heritage, without subscribing to the myth. I am part of the Christian community and will support and protect my community, but I don't need superstition to motivate me.

In some respects, the ((jaws)) are ahead of us because many are atheists but still shill for being chosen and superior. They stick together no matter what.

A JUST GOD IS ONE WHO

SINKS
THE
CHINKS

amen brother, don't mind these atheist trolls user. most of them will suicide themselves from severe depression associated with their horrific world view.

>truly humble yourself
>act as prideful as possible
lol

Holocaust didn't happen leb dog.

Psalm 147:4
He determines the number of the stars and calls them each by name.

its a reference to the fact that we know fuck all, and god knows the number of the stars, and each of their names.

american soldiers died in concetration work camps starving to death. it did and it didnt happen.

I used to be agnostic like you just study the bible it goes from shit to gold

The easiest would be support of Divine Conservation and the lack of support for Existential Inertia.

Look at pic. It's a basic version of the cosmological argument and layers of back and forth from atheist dissenters and Christian proponents. Note that the discussion - and the first part of the picture - warn that we're not talking about causation in a timely sense. This isn't about a "before the Big Bang" - in fact the vast majority of cosmological arguments aren't talking about causation in-time but sustaining causation. In the discussion of sustaining causation there are two major views:

>Divine Conservation: That things ultimately do rely on something outside of itself for its own existence constantly. Details of what that is and why that is are derived from the individual arguments themselves.

>Existential Inertia: That things ultimately move and exist on their own and don't need outside causation. How that works and why that is are derived from individual arguments themselves.

I would say, as would others, that the Divine Conservation position is actually fleshed out and sound, unlike the opposite view which usually has little to no argument for itself but amount to just a denial of Divine Conservation in everything I've read on the topic.

I'll have a formal proof for it in my next post.

Part 1/3

Proper picture for this image is what I'm posting here, my bad.

This is a retelling of Aquinas' old format.

1. Causation exists.( Empirical Premise)

2. Act and Potency are classic terms we can use to explain causation: When something is in Potency it has the capacity to become something else, but is not it yet. A fertilized egg has the potency to turn into a chick, an unfertilized egg does not. When a potency is realized, it is actual. To actualize a potency is to take a property that something had in potency and make it actually inhere in the thing. The same thing, in this case, for things within an instant. While they are simultaneous they are still essentially ordered.

3. When we find an instance of causation in the world we find some potency being actualized.

4. Something that is only in potency cannot actualize anything.

5. For some potency to be actualized something actual must actualize it.

6. If A is actualized by B, then B must first be actual.

7. Either something must have actualized B from being in potency to be in actuality. Or B is either necessarily actual, having never been in potency before. ( A v B)

8. If the left disjunct “A” is true then premise 7 applies to a new cause C.

9. If disjunct “B” is true there is a “first” uncaused cause that is pure actuality.

10. If disjunct “B” is never the case then there is an infinite series of actualizations. And we can apply 7 to C, then to a new cause D, and so forth. With every being having its actuality derived from another being.

11. If “10” is the case then there can be no actualization, as every being in the series has its actuality derived from another being, but there is no being with actuality on it's own to derive the actuality from.

12. If “10” is the case there is no causation

13. There is causation ( from premise 1)

14. Premise “10” is not the case.

15. If premise 10 is not the case, then at some point in the series “9” is the case.

16. There is a first cause, which is a being of pure actuality.

part 2/3

Part 3/3

Yu'll notice that the argument ended with "pure actuality" rather than "God", which is what the argument does in its full form. Aquinas' Five Ways are to get five different results from classical arguments for God, examine attributes necessary of such traits, and then, afterwords, defend rationally that all five results must be the same thing to establish a more complete image of the thing from rational deduction. Afterwords, the term "God" is applied as it's entirely synonymous with how God in understood theologically.

The picture crudely summarizes this whole argument but also goes into necessary attributes at the bottom.

From this we can see how common disagreements are tenable at all:

>God being uncreated is special pleading!

The result inherently leads to an uncreated creator and lays out what of its nature is discernible.

>Why can't it be the universe that's eternal?

The universe cannot be as the initial premise mentions motion within the universe and the end result states a lack of change inherent to it.

>You just call it God out of nowhere!

In abbreviated versions, definitely, but the basis I lay clear in my post here.
Aquinas, along with pretty much all the classical Christians understood God in a sense called Classical Theism, which would view God as a constant ground of being rather than an individual or anthropomorphic type of thing. This is the standard Apostolic Christian (Catholic/Orthodox/Coptic) view to this day. This is opposed to the view Theistic Personalism, which is God as a kind of individual and anthropomorphic to some degree. This is constantly popular between all laypeople for easy understanding and became popular between Protestant scholars since modernity. How God's attributes (omni-stuff) are understood differs between these two branches.

This is not the only bit of argumentation in this field but its an easy go-to example to introduce it. People have discussed DC/EI elsewhere too

Heading out for work. Good night and good morning!

My point exactly.

God bless.

How do you know the unmoved mover is god? Where does that thought stem from? What is the point of assuming it is god? Is there any valid reason for that?

How do you know what god or gods did it?

And what about the theories in which universe had no beginning?

How do you know causality applies to everything in the universe?