Is L.L. Bean a candidate for /ourbrand/?

Is L.L. Bean a candidate for /ourbrand/?

bostonglobe.com/business/2017/01/09/llbean/jU1bOW73QqRhmYAN5pSj4N/story.html

Some customers vowed to boycott the family-owned company after learning last week that Linda Bean, the granddaughter and heir of company founder Leon Leonwood Bean and a longtime Republican activist, bankrolled a political action committee in her efforts to support Trump.

That led L.L. Bean’s board chairman, Shawn Gorman, a great-grandson of L.L. Bean, to do something unusual for the company: address a political controversy head-on.

“We are deeply troubled by the portrayal of L.L. Bean as a supporter of any political agenda,” Gorman said in an open letter posted late Sunday night on Facebook.

>makes tons of stuff in America
>founded by innawoods guy
>sells /comfy/ gear
>100% guarantee on everything (anti-Jewing)

Other urls found in this thread:

grabyourwallet.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

thumbnail looked like a veiny dildo

Is there a Sup Forums approved list of pro-Trump companies?

do they sell boots with swastikas on them?

They don't, but their boots are breddy gud to begin with.

Also, nice digits.

Digits confirm new 2018 LL Bean fashion line

Fakebook comments are piling up both for and against them. Fucking shame when honest American companies are run out of town for something an owner/manager does on their own dime.

Eh, they make pretty good Upland gear so i am cool with them.

Heard a good recommendation of that company from a friend, actually. Might take a look.

bean boots are nice

New Balance
L.L. Bean
???

Making a list for my new wardrobe.

The "Grab Your Wallet" folks have a nice list for you here:
grabyourwallet.org/

I thought it was a support list until I double checked that it said "boycott" instead of "support"

That first comment
>what other people do is their business

Except when you disagree with them, eh typical virtue signalling liberal?

maine boots i want have been sold out online for weeks REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

It's a boycott organization, but just reverse their logic and buy from who IS on the list.

Happens every year, famalam. You have to order them much earlier than January -- they're easy to get in the summer.

My dad gave me an LL Bean gift card for christmas.. hopefully they restock before it gets too warm

Just keep checking or place the order and keep your fingers crossed. If you get the uninsulated ones and wear thick socks, they are fairly comfy.

I actually prefer uninsulated because I can use them year-round as rain boots or just throw on wool socks for the winter.

LL Bean is overpriced hipster shit.

yeah i want these for rain boots

t. retard who spends his money on made in China shit that is the same price but 1/10th the quality

>Company has been around for decades
>Makes legitimately high quality outdoor gear
>I don't like their style it must be hipster shit

Kys friendo

Very good brand, buy their boots and they will last you a lifetime. The staple of the white American style.

Red wings
Got made in america boots that past for a long tims

Thought exactly the same.

newbalance is already /our/ brand

>he doesn't own a pair of niggerstompers

I thought that boot was a big black penis in the OP . Anyone else thought that?

LL Bean rocks. Best dog bedd anywhere.

Gotta ahead leftshits, let your doggo sleep on China crap and cry when it gets cancer from all the VOC that shit is gonna offgas.

>Red wings

I approve of these. See also: Wolverine (some are made overseas, but most are made in Michigan).

Found the fags ITT

+1 for redwing love my Iron Rangers and Chukkas

those look like red clown shoes

wtf I love llbean now

Don't worry, user, they make others.

Also, checked.

Their products are worn by WASPy prep kids. The last bastion of white superiority in our school system.

Red wing makes fantastic work boots but iron rangers are really hipster fashion footwear

>Cork outsole
>No tread

WHY

you were saying...
I've had my Iron Rangers mistaken for doc martens a few times and it kinda pisses me off.

From Maine. LL Bean is the fucking best.

But we already have Hugo Boss!

gotta flaten the toebox

>that filename

Those look EXACTLY like clown shoes

You don't wear these around do you?

Order them in the summer and fall like normal Mainers

100% guarantee for life on American made quality goods. Mainers have been wearing their stuff forever. Fuck of you commie bastard

cool i know what shoes I'm getting next.... I wasn't looking forward to being a new-balance queer

LL Bean is the white man's own brand and if you are not currently in possession of their high quality, comfortable clothing with a lifetime guarantee for all (yes, All, you dumb nigger) of their products you're lower than the lowest bix nood muhfugga groid rotting in County jails nationwide.

Just neck yourself honestly.

>proving my point
those are doc martens, the shoes my superior USA shoes are mistaken for

left: doc martens
right: red wing similar to mine

>implying any gender confused person would actually use products from this company

Brooks Brothers

>leftists calling other people snowflakes
This confuses me

It's better not to have a list that leftists are sure to use against the companies. Know them yourself but do not sabotage companies who hold noble values as the left will try to demonize them to the masses.

I always felt their shit was really expensive and caucasian. I wholeheartedly support Sup Forums supporting LL Bean

I live in Maine.

Just bought a $300 pair of Katahdin shitkickers, they're dope.

LL has always been top tier.

nope they sold out and their quality went way down

check out Mercer and Sons for real button down.

Reread his post and look at the image, leaf. He said his boots are sometimes mistaken for the ones in the photo.

God damn you guys are living up to that shitposting stereotype.

>“We are deeply troubled by the portrayal of L.L. Bean as a supporter of any political agenda,”

Brick Tamland defends the ancestral money pump!

I live in maine close enough to drive to LL bean but far enough away from the negros town it's in

>I always felt their shit was really expensive and caucasian.

It's not overpriced for what you are getting. Don't fall for the "we make stuff in China and pass the savings onto you" meme/Jewing.

LLB builds their shit to last and stands behind everything 100%.

These retards are boycotting Amazon
Dont they know how big of a Hillary shill Bezos is?

When?

Bought the Katahdin engineer boots like 4 years ago and they are still /comfy/ af. Would recommend if you don't want to spend the money on RedWings / 1000 miles / etc.

Based company that treats its customers well. I will be a lifetime customer for sure. Their clothing is made to last a decade, and is sold for a fair price.

Katahdin boots are made by Chippewa. They're built in Wisconsin. Agree that the quality is about on-par with the more expensive stuff.

>iron ranger
That's like claiming jeans are hipster. Hipsters can't co-opt what those boots actually are. Claiming anything is hipster is meaningless. Grow a backbone.

t. LL Bean store manager

domestically owned companies are inherently racist if the company has the opportunity to invest and manufacture overseas. you're basically denying PoCs from poorer countries from lifting themselves out of poverty for "muh nationalism."

i'm glad nationalist companies like LL Bean will crumble when competing against the global market. I feel better over the fact I'm helping feed an entire cantonese family when I support Nike instead of some sisterfucker with a tonka truck when buying domestically. eat shit alt-rightards.

I'm getting caught in the spam filter so I'll try to get the link to to in a sec

>tfw own a pair of duck boots from LL Bean

TYBLLB

It's exactly nothing like that. They are the yellow fuzzy timberlands of the red wing line. They have no purpose except to be worn in a fashion sense. They are impractical boots made by a work but company and turds with fashionable beards who wear Buffalo checked shirts eat them up. It's hipster fashion.

I am a vertebrate.

Pic related, they're my new Iron Works scrotum splitters, and the icy hell that is rural Maine.

Haven't rubbed them yet or anything.

Google "Overview of Companies, Past and Present" and the first link should be to saltwaternewengland

also google "The Rise And Fall Of The Ivy League Look" from ivy-style

The point is not that all their stuff is bad but the quality had gone down. Two of my favorite wardrobe pieces are Brooks (Red Fleece cashmere sweater and leather belt that I've had for 5+ years). They changed their button down style a while back and generally changed their companies direction to appeal to more mass market.

>Disappointed in your company. Will look for another company selling the same stuff.

Kek, good luck with that. LLBean is pretty much a relic from the past when products were well made. Bought most of my outdoor gear from them and this just affirms my good judgement of them.

Will this have a similar reaction to when Chic-Fil-A come out against LGBTQ politics?

Yuengling Beer is the official beer of patriots

Who knows. People have hilariously short-term memory. They might lose a few customers but 99.9% of their existing customers will completely forget the Trump """"connection"""" when they need to place an order.

New England is Gods country.

Best seasons. Best views. Best lakes. Best state constitutions. Best seafood and food traditions. Best blend of society and nature.
Stay away from New England.

Got mine back in August, senpai.

I doubt it, Chic-Fil-A or whatever has a much higher profile than LL Bean (Maine might be the only state that is the opposite), but those who live here or buy their products are pretty fiercely loyal to the company.

vans my nigga

Who here is going winter hiking this season? Been planning on doing Mt Madison and hitting the cabin up there.

And this "relic" status is why I will keep buying from them.

I got the Chippawa version of these. Best boot I have ever bought.

tfw you can drive 25 minutes to the LL Bean store and just buy a pair

Iron rangers are iconic and timeless work wear that is every bit as functional now as it ever was.

>They have no purpose
And into the trash your opinion goes.

Why are they impractical fashion boots?

>I always felt their shit was really expensive
You get exactly what you pay for, it's worth it.

Walmart-tier versions of "outdoor" stuff will last a few campouts.

LL Bean stuff generally lasts through 5-10 years of outdoor beatings.

I bought a t-shirt from them in 2008 that I'm still wearing.

Maine and post-Boston NE Americas are the bastion of western civilization. It just hasn't happened yet.

Hope it doesn't snow where you plan on using them for work. Or, you know, rain. They'd be great work attire behind a Starbucks counter, though.

So buy the lug sole version. That's what I did.

Collaboration with Hugo Boss.

The tread is still lackluster. 899's are superior and made on the same last if you like the fitment of the rangers.

Just get one of these, dumbass.

I live in Maine. I won't stop buying from L.L. Bean. Their stock in everything is generally quality at a fair price. Grab Your Wallet fags can fuck right off.

Bretty good beer t b h

>iron rangers

I gotta admit I was crazy about mine.

All this talk about how they'll work on them when they break and videos with racks of worn out boots.

I wore mine everyday 2 years thinking I could pay them to rebuild em when the time came.

The heel separated from the insole rotting out because I wore them hard.

like hard working boots.

>no we dont fix that.

Let me just buy boots with shitty outsoles and then buy crampons to make up for how shitty the outsoles are instead of buying boots with good outsoles. Great idea user.

That's pretty disappointing. I owned a pair of Wolverine 1000 Mile boots years ago that had something similar happen -- they reimbursed me for the repairs I had done locally.

I buy from L L Bean constantly. There clothes are superior quality.
I can tell this is anti-jewery /ourbrand/
Got so much shit from L L and it all lasted, nothing is made from grade Z garbage like the other jews.

USA USA USA
TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP
LL BEAN

IF YOU DISAGREE WITH MY STATEMENT, GET IN THE OVEN BECAUSE MY STATEMENT IS FACT AND IF YOU REFUSE FACTS THEN YOU SHOULD BE OVENED.

HAIL TRUMP WHITEPOWER
KILL ALL LEAFS.

What are you talking about? The only time the soles are a problem is when you have ice.