Ask a self sufficient 31 year old anything

Me and 2 friends have a closed self sustaining biosphere in the north of canada, won't give you the exact location but it's around Gjoa haven in a high altitude and very secluded.

Ask me almost anything I guess.

Other urls found in this thread:

biosphere2.org/
biosmhars.eu/expe/bios-3
youtube.com/watch?v=WIGemCR2DFU
youtube.com/watch?v=pdmk3748tLo
youtube.com/watch?v=LRGSWByz_SI
youtube.com/watch?v=_CEvC-1_p4s
youtube.com/watch?v=eolOjVy0Hu4
youtube.com/watch?v=-yAcD3wuY2Q
youtube.com/watch?v=qckS9k5aoZo
youtube.com/watch?v=PagtsYe66uU
youtube.com/watch?v=_YPUaD92dKY
youtube.com/watch?v=mkIQjeTWOW0
youtube.com/watch?v=sCNkTorxz10
youtube.com/watch?v=TTHF2Dfw1Dg
youtube.com/watch?v=dlq-Mw299IM
youtube.com/watch?v=pz0WB1rg-b0
science20.com/robert_inventor/could_astronauts_get_all_their_oxygen_from_algae_or_plants_and_their_food_also-156990
youtube.com/watch?v=gUqgW6tdEO8
youtube.com/watch?v=l4usJaidOoc
youtube.com/watch?v=YFoJM2tTFlY
youtube.com/watch?v=qOz5dNtAJd0
youtube.com/watch?v=fki0n_kA4Gw
youtube.com/watch?v=Xduc-yIbQHQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atmospheric_water_generator
blog.brightagrotech.com/water-use-efficiency-hydroponics-aquaponics/
youtube.com/watch?v=DoxUiqUpkw4
youtube.com/watch?v=Ag8HoZDuzxc`
youtube.com/watch?v=Xy71oHnVrL0
youtube.com/watch?v=55Ig1PMGjBw
youtube.com/watch?v=LJcdPAOItco
youtube.com/watch?v=7NqvPJTGRfE
youtube.com/watch?v=BgTw75oQKZY
youtube.com/watch?v=YyVIOqw-MLM
youtube.com/watch?v=R__vhP853Hg
youtube.com/watch?v=XOCSkXzLRJs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Do you vape?

Do you get laid?

may i come live there

Faggot kys

Who is the pitcher and who is the catcher?
What does the third person do?

The answer to the first is the opposite of the second

Isn't that picture from Biodome?

How do you handle microbian breathing in a closed environment ?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>portugal

Refugees welcome?

How difficult is autofellatio?

Your flag is poortugal

How big is it?

How much did it cost to build?

How much does it cost to maintain?

What plants do you grow?

Do you have animals?

>Op's flag says Portugal
>Say's lives in Canada
Better google maps this shit.

what do you contribute to society?

>1 post by this ID

Should the mahi mahi really be freed?

What fields and texts should one study in order to live in a similar way? Looks interesting, and I would be interested to learn more.

Dude, they ARE their own society, they don't have to contribute shit. ;)

impossible

how much did it coast? how did you accomplished it and how.

Am I speaking to Paulie Shore, buuuuuddy?

I've been to the bio-dome, biosphere2 or whatever it's called... It's actually kind of cool. Not a completely successful experiment, but that's how you learn things.

What are the fart rules?
Surely you don't just go around free-farting in a closed environment.

Have you met the diversity requirements?
Surely it's not one of those racist and sexist biospheres.

Agricultural worker here whose job is to build greenhouses and oversee first generation of plants.

What do you guys use for fertilizing? How do you get power? What do you use to avoid contamination (important question, I'm really curious)? Is it even a closed biosphere or a semi-open one?

Obviously they're a switch-hit spitroast setup.

Oh, it's a one-post-by-this-ID thread. What a wasted opportunity.

Like sticking your finger up your ass or in a light socket

Do you grow purple sticky punch there?

o que esta merda

>Me and 2 friends

Do you frot?

how much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Also are you on rightful asian clay, whats the sales tax on your business like.

do you grow weed?

Ugyan, kedves kollega, há nem látja kend hogy micsoda csali ez?

Do you drink your own piss?

Is that a picture of your biosphere? Can we see more of the biosphere? And can you tell us more about the biosphere?

More pics

Binland :DDDD

It's now owned by the University of Arizona.

biosphere2.org/

So you vape and don't get laid lol

Give us technical details or recommended reading, plz

What's your plan for when the government shuts you down?

No.

Yes, we don't live there permanently, we go there from time to time to check on everything, it's currently not closed to the outside as you would need an headache inducing level of automation.

No, It supports at best 5 people, maybe 6 if we loose a few pounds, it's extremely hard generating a self contained system, we all have background in science and engineering.

That's biosphere 2.

>microbian breathing
biosmhars.eu/expe/bios-3 read the papers of that project they're available somewhere, short answer : Least of your worries.

Maximum capacity above.

I hope you understand me not giving you the exact details.

- Half a soccer field.

- Not as much as you would expect, see the Russians did it right with Bio 3 and the Americans fucked it with Bio 2 they fucked up because they wanted aesthetics, if you cut on those you save a lot of money and problems.

- We have local fauna growing (it's not closed since we're not there atm) but if we all move there we would grow sprouts, spirulina and sweet potatoes.

- If we permanently decide to move there, chickens.

I'm 100% self sufficient back in Portugal, I used to work as a programmer, I guess I don't, I don't buy stuff.

Can I join? I know how to grow almost any plant on earth, surely that has to be beneficial.

How do you get water there?

If you had to name it, what would you name it? also how wealthy would I have to be to get someone to build me one of these on a larger scale?

PS4 or Xboxone

How do you generate power?

What temperature is it inside the biosphere?
What is the square footage?
Do you live inside?
How many days of the year do you spend inside?
How many people live inside?
How do you get power?

I have a background in programming, rest is biology and electrical engineering, read BIOS 3 papers, generating oxygen from plants is fairly easy if you don't live in a huge area, compare BIOS 3 with BIOS 2.

See BIOS 3, that worked, the Americans fucked up, bannon saved it as much as he could.

Read my later response it's not currently shut off from the outside but if it comes a time :

- Aquaponics, we have a lot of water sources in the surrounding area, along with several pumps already there and water filters, fertilizer comes from composting toilets (our own waste) I do it right now at my farm in my country.

- You're fine unless the outside is contaminated, we can shut ourselves off for months and go outside without any sort of adapting period.

- Wind and solar mostly, we currently have very little power demands.

ha

That's Bios 2.

Above sex,depresion,social isolation and power structure.

Maximum reached.

We named it "Carcania" after this : youtube.com/watch?v=WIGemCR2DFU

I don't game sorry, but my niece has a ps4 and I liked the last guardian a lot.

See above.

See above

>the north of canada

it is actually in tucson, arizona and you can take tours of it if you want:
biosphere2.org/

Carcania is there as a last resource, I'm going to die there, hopefully of old age.

That's Biosphere 2, I would never take pictures, privacy is important.

This is cool mate, I'm jealous.

Best of luck to you and your buddies

boars of canada nice taste good luck in your adventures and be happy and safe :)

youtube.com/watch?v=pdmk3748tLo

Thank you, if everyone has any more questions please do it in the next 10 minutes, I have to pick up my niece.

Do any of your friends or family know about it? How do you build such a thing and keep it secret?

Love Nosaj

Check :

youtube.com/watch?v=LRGSWByz_SI

youtube.com/watch?v=_CEvC-1_p4s - My favorite

youtube.com/watch?v=eolOjVy0Hu4

Thank you.

Only our group, Gov knows there's a structure there, they don't know it can shut itself off the biosphere.

The shutting off is there in case of emergency.

Pic is Biosphere 2 you can watch an interesting video here : youtube.com/watch?v=-yAcD3wuY2Q

you know your music :)

youtube.com/watch?v=qckS9k5aoZo

youtube.com/watch?v=PagtsYe66uU

youtube.com/watch?v=_YPUaD92dKY

youtube.com/watch?v=mkIQjeTWOW0

why

> self sustaining biosphere in the north of canada
> canada
LOOKS. LIKE. YOU. NEED. TO. ACCEPT. SOME. REFUGEES. THERE.

Good shit

youtube.com/watch?v=sCNkTorxz10

youtube.com/watch?v=TTHF2Dfw1Dg

youtube.com/watch?v=dlq-Mw299IM

youtube.com/watch?v=pz0WB1rg-b0

Nice talking to you I got to go and thanks for all the new artists.

can you post more songs like this please.

Thanks for explaining the joke i would never have got it without your help Hans

What's the secret to keeping the plants well oxygenated? In a small enclosed space, devoid of Windows that can open.

I'll keep going on the phone until this dies but check out airliner, boards of canada, tycho, lunar testing lab, bibios earlier work "Fi".. Aphex twin as some gems to.

science20.com/robert_inventor/could_astronauts_get_all_their_oxygen_from_algae_or_plants_and_their_food_also-156990 lots of good info there, except the "humans need carbs".

i ve got a few more for you

youtube.com/watch?v=gUqgW6tdEO8

youtube.com/watch?v=l4usJaidOoc

youtube.com/watch?v=YFoJM2tTFlY

Thanks!, very cool stuff. I remember going to the conservatory in my city and this old man was the plant keeper,and he saw that I was very interested In What he was doing and he said " spray seaweed" that's all you have to do.

>Ask a self sufficient 31 year old anything.
How many times do I have to bump this thread for me to get full info on how you're surviving? Self-sufficiency is my dream, I'd fucking love it if someone just dumped a guide or something, but I doubt I'm that lucky.

You're bullshitting us here. Aquaponics recirculates water, and actually uses very little of it, and aquaponics doesn't use fertilizer, it's a pairing of hydroponics and aquaponics, and the plants are fertilized by the fish which poop in the water. You only feed the fish.

Also, if this is in northern Canada, you would need a lot of power, either in heating if you grow with sunlight, or in lighting, if you use thick walls and artificial lights. Or more realistically both.

>another roleplay thread

Biosphere 2 project ended in an utter failure ( and is commonly cited as the reason why we cannot colonize mars ) - how did you solve the problem with CO2 levels going out of control? CO2 level increase was the primary reason why Biosphere 2 failed.

We could theoretically grow a living reef but that would require a lot of time and focus and a slight co2 boost could jeopardize the system bleaching the reef and suffocating us, not fun.

Nice taste Serbia.

youtube.com/watch?v=qOz5dNtAJd0

youtube.com/watch?v=fki0n_kA4Gw - Excellent for a beginning of a sunny day, I was building an earthship in arizona and it fit perfectly.

youtube.com/watch?v=Xduc-yIbQHQ

You're not "self sufficient" if you need other people to help you.

moar, even the one's that are allright but not your best

Why the fuck are you posting Alice here?

No problem.

In Portugal :

For food you want protein so : Chickens

Vegetables and fish : Aquaponics and sprouting seeds.

Electricity : Solar and batteries

Water : I have wells but if they dry up : en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atmospheric_water_generator

As long as you have eltricity you can maintain a healthy balance.

Can you manufacture replacement parts of every bit of equipment you use? If there is a hailstorm can you replace the glass in your green house? Do you have a surgery? Can you create your own medicine?

Is playing at autarky while still living a high tech lifestyle a complete a silly hobby for rich idiots?

Because I can exx dee

Good to know that at least someone will survive a global nuclear catastrophy (if it comes to that). I hope u have good genes.

I have aquaponics in my farm, you still need water you cant recycle it forever, blog.brightagrotech.com/water-use-efficiency-hydroponics-aquaponics/ also please read the question that was asked, I'm obviously not feeding fish my waste.

Also read the post, it's currently not shut off from the outside.

And yes it reaches well below -15 but like I said we're not there all year, we spent new years there and a good coat and a gas heater did the trick.

Read up.

what is life without good music just a bleak existence with no rhythm
youtube.com/watch?v=DoxUiqUpkw4

youtube.com/watch?v=Ag8HoZDuzxc`

youtube.com/watch?v=Xy71oHnVrL0 this one is huge but its quite dark so beware

youtube.com/watch?v=55Ig1PMGjBw

youtube.com/watch?v=LJcdPAOItco

youtube.com/watch?v=7NqvPJTGRfE this one cancels the dark one :)

youtube.com/watch?v=BgTw75oQKZY

youtube.com/watch?v=YyVIOqw-MLM

Why not do it in Pootugal, the weather's nice and moderate all year round

youtube.com/watch?v=R__vhP853Hg
youtube.com/watch?v=XOCSkXzLRJs

Good question.

No, we can replace glass if we stack up on replacement parts, we also used a lot of stainless steel.

Keep in mind this is not intended to survive a nuclear incident, medicine as far as we can grow is Chlorella and Spirulina and perhaps anti inflammatory genus like garlic and turmeric root.

Yes, I live below my means, I have internet but I don't consume outside my homestead, try to keep your consumption down, you don't need most of the things you have, see what things make you happy and sell those that don't.

>former programmer
>names biosphere after BoC song
Holy kek, so glad to have become addicted to /pol recently.

You genuinely sound 11/10 inspiring OP. Top 3 life stories? I mean, a fucking biosphere?

How the hell do you meet awesome people who listen to BoC and build epic shit? Only happened to me once, I stumbled my way into a nye house party and the host randomly played a BoC song after we smoked out the living room. I was the only one to recognize it, was a complete guest didn't know the guy at all we became best friends in like 5 seconds.

I hope I'll be as interesting as you in 10 yrs. already looking into using programming as a pathway towards early retirement.

Throwaway for future contact maybe?

Found you

Climate change and future Migration from poor Africans, I do it already but I would not build a biosphere here.

Carcania serves as backup shelter and a backup atmosphere.

>I'm 100% self sufficient back in Portugal
Explain.

I think Boc listeners have a propensity for nihilistic scenarios, I have a proton mail account but I rarely use it : [email protected]

Haha

Read

How do you travel there> You go to Goja Haven then go north?