A woman froze to death in Portland, Oregon, after being evicted for $338 in overdue rent

mic.com/articles/164942/a-woman-froze-to-death-in-portland-oregon-after-being-evicted-for-338-in-overdue-rent#.GxND3B2Nn

opb.org/news/article/portland-homeless-woman-who-died-suffered-from-schizophrenia/

>A woman who died of hypothermia in a Portland, Oregon, parking garage on Saturday had been evicted from her home in a low-income housing facility in October — after falling $338 behind in rent, according to reports.

>Temperatures were below freezing in Portland on Saturday. Around 2:05 p.m., police were called about a woman who "appeared to be struggling in the cold weather" and was taking off her clothes, KGW reported, which can happen in the final stage of hypothermia.

>When first responders arrived, Karen Batts was dead.

This happens every single winter in the US. Several homeless people literally freeze to death. There are homeless people freezing outside all over my city in the US. Portland and most cities in the US have seen spikes in housing prices, leaving so many people unable to afford housing. Homeless shelters are constantly overcrowded and have to turn away people all the time. Seeing homeless people in my city used to be rare, now I'm seeing several every day.

>people are responsible for all the poorest and hungriest people on the planet
no

Only in a Liberal city.

Oh shit, Old Steve Harvey.

How sad... pass me another bagel.

Yes, this has never happened before anywhere else.

She was a coalburner tho so don't expect much sympathy

This only happens in Democrat run cities.

Nobody was stopping you from buying her a house.

>too stupid to start a barrel fire

I know some fucking meth heads that live in an abandoned flint home basement and start small livable fires in the cement floor of the basement.

No excuse to die of cold in a house.

Homeless people just need to make the trip to Florida, they'd never freeze

>had been evicted from her home in a low-income housing facility in October

California isn't that far and why couldn't she get full blown nignog section 8? Something doesn't add up.

I heard California was super cool to the homeless.

>A woman who died of hypothermia in a downtown Portland parking garage Saturday struggled for much of her life with schizophrenia.

nothing of value was lost

>in October

And she tried nothing to find shelter in that time?

1) You cannot be evicted for missing ONE months rent payment(especially a partial). No where in the US is it that easy. ESPECIALLY in the winter.

2) Homeless shelters are available in ALL major metropolitan areas

3) Not a single person willing to put you up for a night? You must deserve it.

4) Parking garage is a shit place to campout, jfc

>section 8

You think Liberals want that in their cities?

It's odd when darwinists display fake sympathy, is it not?

But Obama has created a more prosperous nation with many job opportunities for all and even affordable health care.

>Portland and most cities in the US have seen spikes in housing prices
>$338 for several months of rent
What do you think would be fair rent? $5/year?

BURN THE COAL, PAY THE TOLL. IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW LONG IT TAKES, THE TOLL WALL ALWAYS BE COLLECTED.

>not living oceanfront in central florida
lmao @ her "life"

who gives a fuck
shes a black nigger
niggers are the enemy of the human race along with the juden
let the cunt starve freeze burn die who gives a fuck. only a cuck beard-male such as your self.

She's the worst thing humanly possibly (a white traitor) but I'm actually going to give her a pass if she legitimately had schizophrenia.

kek

nevermind she wasn't white that was just the snow

>Sup Forums: the post

Who cares?

>a nigger

lmao who the fuck cares?

Homeless user here. Currently in St. Louis and while it's warm here at the moment the past 2 weeks were cold.

There HAS to be more to this story. She was either drunk or coming down off a 7 day meth binge.

Also why include the part about rent? Like why even add that angle to the story? Same with being schizo, it doesn't matter. It seems they're trying to make excuses for her being homeless and dead. But they don't mention how she probably spent months/years fucking around with drugs which lead to her getting behind on rent in the first place.

No excuses, learn to be homeless.

This is what I try arguing with my shit-eating SJW friends every fucking time they want to boohoo about this shit.

Oh no there's a man on the corner who is homeless! Oh no!

Go to your fucking local welfare office. There are homeless shelters. There are food banks. There are places you can go where you can get a shower, shit, shave, and they will let you borrow a suit for a fucking interview. They will help your sorry ass off the street, and you refuse to fucking do it because the only goddamn rules at a homeless shelter are don't fuck and do drugs and you can't fucking manage that.

If you don't have a single fucking friend on this Earth who will let you stay on their couch for a couple nights you are in the wrong neighborhood.

So wouldn't global warming solve this? No more women freezing to death because they didn't pay rent! You can't get too hot outside, but you can freeze to death. Think of the poor people! Burn as much gasoline as you can!!