Why do liberals pretend like being "non-college educated" means you're stupid and your opinion is irrelevant?

Why do liberals pretend like being "non-college educated" means you're stupid and your opinion is irrelevant?

They need to think that $100k+ liberal arts degree is actually meaningful

Because even a fucking McDonalds job requires a degree these days. Enjoy making no money.

They think the education system is the only way to credibly learn.
Your life experience and skills mean nothing to them if it wasn't signed off by a commie professor.

Their idea of success (like that of most people) is only relative to other people.

This. I'm doing a liberal arts degree, but completely loan free; I'm a junior and have no debt.

I know a polyamorous dyke who thinks this. She told me about a date she went on with a woman in her 30s (she's 23) and I asked her what the women did to keep the conversation going and she told me she had a masters like that was all I needed to know. I asked what it was in; it was in therapy.

What a fucking joke

Because that's exactly what they learn in uni. Universities have to push that message to keep people spending hundreds of thousands of dollars for an increasingly more useless piece of paper.

Will Trump make catgirls real?

Ego, mainly. They think their degree makes them better than you even if you're more successful.

When I hear non-college educated, that just tells me they haven't drunk the liberal kool-aid. I did go to university and I didn't learn that much about politics there. For several reasons but mainly it was the huge liberal bias. In most colleges, liberalism is the only way. I never saw conservative viewpoints discussed other than to shit on them and you were shamed for conflicting viewpoints. It was a huge circle jerk, pure indoctrination. Most of what I know is just independent study, most college graduates are still fucking clueless about politics but they pretend like they're not.

I live in a conservative state and the university was still one-sidedly liberal. College education is so meaningless nowadays, even the dumbest people can get some useless degree. I said ego was mainly why they act that way but it's also insecurity, they feel validated thinking their degree makes them matter more.

Liberals need feels superior,

Imagine you're a welder. Been welding for 20 years, and you've got the rot lung and failing eyesight to prove it.

Some guy who doesn't know how to weld comes up to you and explains that he knows how to weld, he's seen videos on how to weld, and read a book by a carpenter who has never welded, so clearly, he knows how to weld.

You would tell him to get fucked.

Now imagine you're an economist. The data tells you everything you need to know, and you are careful not to let biases get in the way of that data. You present your data firmly but honestly, model transparent, data sources and statistics properly aligned, fully reproducibly.

And then someone tells you that, because they watched some Mises videos, they know for a fact that free trade caused an opiate epidemic and failing middle class...when all the data says otherwise.

You'd tell them to fuck off, right?

Get a blue collar job cuck

Because you are stupid and your opinion is irrelevant.
t. UC Berkeley EE major

The liberal mindset revolves around some kind of "chain of superiority."

At the bottom you have the "normal" liberal, disagrees with Republicans but is reasonable about it. Tied with him are the rest of the world, the "non-liberals" are untermenschen.

A step above that are the first stage of libshits. The SJWs, the college kids, the welfare niggers. People who don't have any idea how to hold a civilised conversation if it goes outside of their immediate understanding of the world. They fight to be as progressive as possible, there's an endless amount of subclasses based on "progressiveness" in this link, those who aren't progressive enough are little more than untermenschen. But they all see the rest of the world as irrelevant, only their opinion and that of those above them matters.

The link above that are the second stage of libshits. These people somehow manage to justify presenting themselves as utter weaklings, helpless worms, in an attempt to lure the stage 1 libshits into taking the bullets. They see stage 1 libshits as inferior cannon fodder, stage 1 libshits are too autistic to notice this. Ascendance from stage 1 to stage 2 is the most common.

Above that is the final and highest group: libshit celebrities. If your face has been on tv more than three time, you are a God to the libshits. Your word is law, and everything you say is to be taken as absolute truth. Jon Oliver, Trevor Noah, Meryl Streep, when they open their mouths, the libshits hang on their every word.

The libshit mindset is a chain of supremacy, a chain of "I'm better than X but Y is better than me". Why else does the liberal always need to feel superior over something? If they are not superior to someone, they are in the lowest link.

Imagine existing like that, constantly in fear of your own insignificance, constantly backstabbing those you called your ally not 5 minutes ago if it means three extra seconds of being assured you're not bottom of the barrel.

>Trained in both Drafting and CNC machining

Yeah, I must be a fucking retard.

I call it complexes. They are insecure about everything.

They need to make use of their degree in gender studies somehow

My dad's the same, he says that black people have got college degrees so until I do to prove my intellectualism I should not talk shit about how stupid blacks are.

Because they are college educated (some college!) or think that college graduates are geniuses.
I was both a liberal and thought that until I actually went to college and realized it is full of idiots there too.
Very disappointing.

(((higher education))) generally is the easiest way to create a pacified and submissive population that is prone to agreeing with Marxist ideas. Especially negros who does not possess the cognitive capability to read between the lines or fact-check information presented to them, especially when they're rewarded for blaming whitey.

I literally took an elective on Marx for fun in college with a 60s radical black professor who had spent his whole life in academia studying Marx.
It was unbelievably sad how little he understood the basic functions of the real world and lived in a completely theoretical space politically.

Masters = too stoopid to get Ph.D.

t. Ph.D. in physical chemistry.

This is a dumb analogy. Any half-decent academic knows exactly how limited their knowledge is, and they are typically willing to entertain any theory that isn't contradicted by the evidence (not that laypeople can properly articulate theories, but still).

In most hard sciences, there are mountains of evidence and predictive, well-tested theories to see off the challenges of laypeople. More contentious fields, such as climate science and economics, typically study extremely complex, chaotic systems, and so their hypotheses are either less predictive or more often wrong. In the social sciences in particular, they may be outright contradictory. The public then chooses which hypotheses to back based on their educators, the media, and/or their existing prejudices. The people whose chosen hypotheses are most aligned with those of their educators and the media feel superior, and so look down on the rest.

Because a degree in nigger studies and wimminizm is all they have left for leverage, so it HAS to be worth something.

>liberals

reminder that pic related is a spotless representation of "college-educated" liberals

Well if a black man is better at engineering and information technology than you, it's fair to say he's a more productive member of modern society than your dumb ass.

Betting you hear that as a part of the "get a job" rant all 20+ year old failures get

People who think college degrees matter also think communism works.

They're idealists and not really intellectually-based individuals. In fact, they prove their incompetency by relying on a "College Degree" to say you're intelligent, when in fact it's simply a matter of can you afford it or not.

I'm willing to bet there are thousands who don't have college degrees who did phenomenal in business and economic sectors, as well as entrepreneurial and artistic endeavors.

TL;DR If you think a college degree determines whos smart and who isn't, you're confirmed mentally deficient.

>being this salty
y u mad tho

Most of them have no real accomplishments other than their degree. Everyone around them has told them that their degree means the are a better person than someone without a degree.

Start asking them tough questions about life and what they really do in it and watch their stomachs turn as they realize they have been found out.

A really fun one to use on white liberals is "So why don't you live in a place where niggers run the Government and the Police?" "Can't you walk your own talk on integration or is that something that other whites than yourself have to do?"

They have never been trained how to handle the difference between their words and their actions. Pretty much everybody they have ever met has let them get away with being a hypocrite.

Because not going to college generally means you are not willing to learn anything or pursue purely intellectual interests.

You choose the easiest path to make enough money to not live in squalor while the average college graduate willingly assumes risk in a grueling pursuit of knowledge.

>Because not going to college generally means you are not willing to learn anything or pursue purely intellectual interests.

Knock knock

who's there?

T
R
A
D
E

S C H O O L

Grueling pursuit of keg stands you mean.

Because they don't realize that eventually Daddy will stop spending money on them.

because most are still in college

They think that becoming a debt slave will make their life less miserable and the meaning of life being more reachable.

But in the end, it's the job experience that matters most. Without it you can be an "educated" not experienced debt slave.

> "hurr imma go to Plumber U and learn to unclog shitters just like my pawpaw"
Not the same thing at all Cletus.

I don't know...

I went to an Ivy League school for a year, and when I first started, I thought everyone was so smart. I was actually nervous.

After my first semester... I realized, along with everyone else, that I was light years ahead of everyone else... both in intelligence and knowledge.

And it was a very liberal school, Columbia University in New York City.

You're clinically retarded, considering carpenters (you know, the guy who built the house your fat ass is sitting in) require plenty of knowlege to pursue their careers.

You're shining example of Liberal Arts majors huffing their own methane like they actually contribue something to the world besides whining incessantly about who they think is intelligent or not.

Even going to college myself I defend trade schools more because you need a plumber, carpenter, etc much more than you need a liberal arts major like yourself.

> I wasn't challenged my very first year therefore college is entirely useless

They have college degrees, and they're salty about trades being better than degrees

Low self esteem. The root of all liberal ideology.

Conservatives build up their fellow bros and want each other to succeed. Liberals are in a race to sink to the deepest levels of depravity to prove a point that supersedes their weak mortal form. Very sad. Many such cases!

He didn't say it was useless, just that it was full of people who weren't as smart as they thought they were.

Look online at products that are way overpriced for little to no performance gains over similar products. (Eg asus ROG motherboards, apple computers, designer phone cases etc)
The reviews and discussion will be full of fags desperate to justify their overspending, while knowing deep down that they wasted it and feel bad about it.

t. plumber

>This

I actually go to a community college because its cheaper to get my General Ed this way, but damn some of these guys at my school are retarded both literally and figuratively.

Because supporting the working class and and simultaneously making fun of them is hypocritical and therefore in line with their belief system. They only want to help the brown working/welfare class. Not because it's logical but because being anti-white is edgy and hip.

Are you implying that you dropped out of school because you're too smart? You realize if that's true, eventually the school will realize this and fund whatever you want to learn for the rest of your life. Unless you just don't want to learn anymore, in which case good luck working at Starbucks.

Its sad that someplaces won't hire you unless you have some degree, even a bullshit one.

They never made friends with the teacher and act like children amongst each other.

They're not "le book reader who secretly dreams of causing fires while no one else knows"

Or they were smart enough to whore at university with nerds and not degenerate druggy cucks.

>ywn take a class with Brian Harvey
Sucks to be you, cuck. Your parents should have fucked 7 years earlier.

Diletantteja ei arvosteta - olen samaa mieltä.

If all you want is that piece of paper after four years, who cares how dumb everyone around you is? If you want to be surrounded by (((intellectuals))) then niggercollege isn't right for you.

Ph.D = dumb enough to give 6 more years to the academic jew.

>yfw plumbers make the same average pay as liberal arts majors

True, it's sad. Since it was once possible to pay for college with a summer job, it became the best way for a business to properly attract talent, now it's a barrier of entry. My current job definitely requires an EE degree to perform well from the start, otherwise a company would have to hire you for an extended period to really train you - and you might not be smart enough to do good work at the end of it.

because they got scammed into getting a degree and going into debt

People all over the world, especially in countries with huge immigration, loose their ability of distinction. The main cause here is the merging of words which once where perceived different (I remember the word "terrific" being such a case).

It's a necessary process to ensure efficient communication between all different people but it's also degenerate and dumbs everyone down.

So, to answer your question:
You merged the meaning of Layperson with the meaning of the word amateur. Therefore the distinction got lost.
If you wanna get it back, contemplate the meanings of the words your language has to offer.

The name is arrogance. They pretend to be accepting of all differences, but that attitude exposes them for what they are.

It's like Trump's orangutang jokes. Those are fine, but Obama's monkey jokes are unacceptable.

good thing im not a liberal arts major then.
now don't you have some shit to unclog tomorrow morning?

They cry, as they post from their shiny new iPhones and Macbooks.

Disgusting.

>grueling pursuit of knowledge
>any arts course

Appeal to authority. They can't express their own opinions unless someone higher up validates it for them.

yes

t. doesn't have an opinion unless Sup Forums validates it

I have my masters degree and I believe my intelligence came solely through my own personal curiosity and research and simply not being genetically dense.

I don't give my degree(s) any credit whatsoever.
Some of the dumbest shits at my place of employment have PhDs

As long as you're doing STEM you're fine.

Silly uneducated conservative... Allow me to enlighten you.

Because its an easily counted measure of success and intelligence. The conservative equivalent is being "a business owner".

Now anyone who has run a business or gone to college knows that neither of these things require you to be very smart. As always the devil is in the details. Any girl who is skilled sitting in place and passable at writing their name can acquire a college degree. Similarly any alcoholic with a truck can be a landscaper. But likewise, anyone who has gone to college or run a business knows that in most cases you have to not be a shit head in order to get your "I went to college/ I own a business sticker".

So when trying to decide the inteligence of a person you have never met, or more likely of a large group of people you have never met, you have to use a simple method of identifying intelligent individuals. So you find the percentage of the population that earned their "I am not a retard" sticker and you divide by the rest of the population. This will give you a quick and easy measure of intelligence.

For example. The average person in washington DC is most likely smarter than the average person in Mississippi. Because almost 50% of the population of DC has college degrees, but less than 20% of mississipi does. So even if we assume IQ doesnt correlate with college degrees and the remainder of the non-college educated populations of both territories falls on the standard bell curve. DC will still have more smart people than Mississippi.

Of course this is pointless on the individual level, but it still shows people you earned your I am not a retard sticker.

Otherwise what proof do we have that we should listen to you? Just take your word that you are a smart guy? Especially on a specific topic?

Its called ETHOS look it up. Maybe take a critical thinking course down at your local cc?

This is some Grade A bullshit right here. Probably the first time anyone has assigned this user an A in anything.

Your fatal flaw is that you are assuming all degrees are equal. Want a real truth bomb? Look at the average income of of a conservative and you will find they make more money on average.

Money is a far greater indicator of intelligence compared to education.

>I know, I'll get a PhD in mechanical engineering!
>Why does everyone keep saying I'm "overqualified"?

>colleges are mostly conformist production lines churning out morons....social engineering.

Education is a perfectly good indicator too.
They're just making the mistake of thinking meme degrees are education.

people who are wrong like to try and discount the opinions of other arbitrarily

liberals study, then claim to have authority
the reality is that what they study is designed to re-enforce the views they had before they studied, critical thinking is at an all time low

the degree is a life membership to the
"you are uneducated so you wouldn't know" club
it allow them to blind themselves to the arguments of the workers because of things like poor grammar, lack of understanding of citations, lack of academic kudos etc

This, and people call me crasy for not wanting to get a master in computer science or engineering.

Because they feel intimidated by someone who is better than them.
If you're "overqualified", that means you are sufficiently qualified that you could likely find a better job at any time if it suited you, or end up quickly becoming your hirer's boss.
So, from HR's perspective, a nightmare.

insecurity or hubris

Indoctrination =/= Education

Liberals think going through years of Jewish-controlled Marxist college means they've acquired something useful.

i pointed out that verified documents in emails showing collusion conspiracy and corruption in the DNC somehow is now republican propaganda even though it was verified by the democrats themselves

and

unsubstantiated rumors from anonymous sources in BUZZFEED is taken as absolute truth in a political discussion on Sup Forums and was banned for that comment

i hate liberals so much

>Your fatal flaw is that you are assuming all degrees are equal

Atleast try to read.
>. Any girl who is skilled sitting in place and passable at writing their name can acquire a college degree.
>that in most cases you have to not be a shit head in order to get your "I went to college/ I own a business sticker".
>that in most cases
>most cases

>Look at the average income of of a conservative and you will find they make more money on average.
>Money is a far greater indicator of intelligence compared to education.

And you want to know what is the strongest indicator of income and conservatism?

AGE. pic related.

Being 40+ years old doesnt make you smarter just because your work experience at jack in the box got you a job as the night manage of a denny's.

It means that you cost more than someone with a Masters or Baccalauréat.

When you're hiring someone for a job, you WANT them to be better at you in that particular task. Why the fuck would I hire someone worse than me for a task? I don't want them to constantly be asking me how to do their job. I don't want them to make stupid mistakes. I want to hand them the work and not have to intervene.

Link to archive

So why not just pay them a standard wage and be done with it?

I've always wondered this. I have a diploma in architectural illustration from a technical school that I guarantee is much harder to achieve than a liberal arts degree.

Because when it comes to political discussions or anything related to that, chances are people who didn't study that stuff know fuck all..

If you went to a trade school and are trained in trades like automobiles, woodworking, plumbing, etc. Congratulations. I'll not question your knowledge on car parts or woodstains. I'm not turning to you on input regarding the economy, the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, or even legal advice.

Likewise, I work in the legal field, so I don't expect someone to come to me for information on marine biology or how to assemble an engine or rotate tires. I expect people to come to me for my legal experience. Like I turn to one of my old college professors or his advisor for information regarding political science or stuff like Brexit and the American election.

Just because you aren't college educated doesn't mean you are stupid, hell one of my best friends didn't go to college but the guy knows cars like no one else. It just means I won't rely on your input regarding politics or anything not from a trade school or life experience.

underrated digits

No it's because having a PhD or masters used too and does imply that you have experience in the field. It is supposed to be a veteran's badge. But you have 25-27 year old's with 0 work experience applying for jobs that require both a PhD and work experience.

A company is also not going to hire someone with an over-qualification because a) That over-qualification means they have to be payed more and b) They can just hire someone with lower qualifications cheaper and get the job done the same.

Universities are offering PhDs and masters because they are an income generator for students that think they can get any job they want because they have paper, no networks and no experience.

Atleast Cletus has a stable income while youre in massive debt.

The thing is most people who graduated college aren't political experts either. It's just incredibly disingenuous of the leftists to say "look at these smart people, they vote for us!" and not mention that most of those people are teachers, sociologists etc.

>work 70 hours/ week blue collar job
>no degree or experience required
>just don't be afraid of heights and be able to work in any type of weather
>make $60k/ year with no debt

Suck my dick.

Because it means you're not indoctrinated into their cult and indebted to pay their lords.

Your argument is full retarded. Most college graduates are not political experts, not even close. The only "experts" are the ones that make politics their lives. The average college graduate has a narrow and biased view on it and most likely knows jack shit.

It's not like asking a lawyer about law, that's a load of horse shit and you know it. The average person's knowledge of politics these days regardless of education is the media and the internet. That's just a fact, pretending like that liberal arts major or that premed guy or is that engineering major is a politics expert is pure fucking delusion.

An experienced welder can produce consistent results

I'm not a liberal but I am college educated (3.8 GPA, top 10 school) with a B.Sc. in Economics and when non-college educated people have opinions on the prime rate or minimum wage I generally think their opinion is irrelevant because I know when they are just making meme-arguments.

I don't act like I have the knowledge to know if they're bullshitting on other topics so I don't treat them like they're stupid there unless I've previously heard them making up random Economic shit. Then I just assume they like to talk about things they know nothing about and don't bother with them again,

Most non-college educated people do know less than someone who had to read lots of books to pass exams but I've known a few blue-collar people who are well read.

ew, and actual liberal

you have just re-iterated half the complaints about liberals ITT

> bragging about wagecucking 70 hours and barely making 60k
kek i make twice as much while working with 1/4th the hours
paid off my college debt after 1 year

this one will always be my favorite

That requires a highschool degree, not college. NIce digits

LMFAO
just because you claim youre an expert in some convoluted buraeucratic jew field doesnt make you credible. a car guy can fix my car. you can bill me. big difference. get gassed kike.

would it be surprising if i could tell you were a jew just based on your posting style

haha I'm actually black you fucking poorfag white trash