Why is Sup Forums so tsundere for Sam Harris? He's /ourguy/, we can't deny it anymore

Why is Sup Forums so tsundere for Sam Harris? He's /ourguy/, we can't deny it anymore.

>hates muslims
>is against political correctness
>believes there are differences in intelligence between races
>BTFO liberals and points out their hypocrisies
>is bros with Jordan Peterson

Bit too much of an idealist and comes off as ivory toweresque

Still has his place in the discussion though

Because pol is a bunch of hypocrites who can't stand to listen to a guy who hates Trump, even though Sam's been on our side for so long.

>/ourguy/
>smug atheist

kek

He is a sophomoric thinker. He's not wrong on most things, but his thinking is just shallow. He often gets BTFO'd by serious thinkers e.g. see his debate with Chomsky. IMO he is not at the level of Hitchens.

Pretty sure Peterson is preparing to fight him. He's very religious.

Millennial letter vid.

I've read his books and then read more books in the subjects he talked about and I thought that when it comes to his views on morality and ethics other people make his points much more concisely and with "real" nuance that he lacks.

He's an objective morality touting Ben Stiller knockoff shitcunt, is what he is.

Fuck that guy.

>tsundere
Fuck you for using that.
He hates all Abrahamics equally and even shit talks the Pope so that's cool since much controlled opposition is identifiable by their blatant omission of Pope shit talking.

Some allege he is a self hating Jew at the core and there is nothing unique about that. His self narrated audio books are good, he maybe should have been a comedian or professional orator, possibly a politician.

>Jordan Peterson
>Peterson was raised as a Christian conservative, and has openly spoken of what he sees as the reconciliation between being "religious" and a man of science.
Wew, a self hating Christian, all they need is a self hating Muslim for the circle jerk trifecta!?

Complete shitcunt when it comes to Trump

Not critical enough of Judaism either

I still love listening to him though desu

>Is a Jew
>Blames Jewish plots on sand people
>Actively undermines western civilization like the atheist cumdrinker he is
>Shilled for Hillary Clinton over Trump
>Is a Jew

He's a kike and I'd rather torture him to death with a power drill than have him on our side. Sam "Arm the Moderate Rebels" Harris is a dumb neocon faggot, people like him are why we have ISIS. He either has sub-zero understanding of the geopolitical situation in the region or, much more likely, he's a fucking Jew and wants more land for Greater Israel.

he unironically used the "illegal immigrants do the jobs white people are unwilling to perform argument". in my eyes he's just another globalist shill

Atheism is red-pilled

You misspelled "Jew-Pilled"

I don't care about his stance on Trump, but I believe he's just a douchebag. All he does is try to debate expert in their field. He comes flying in with edgy arguments without substances.

>debate me bro

Literally 100% of you who defend him are going
>muh atheism

I love Peterson, but he is going to lose HARD to Sam.

What Peterson says is emotionally appealing and useful to society, but is not necessarily "truth".

Sam will just drill down on the facts, allowing no breathing room for Peterson.

It will go something like :

p - "There is a unique and beautiful morality in the Bible that no other book or author has ever matched, or tried to. This is important, and is why i'm a christian"

sam - "I agree that the bible has genuinely useful moral truths inside. However I believe science can determine morality, without invoking metaphysics. Go read my book "The Moral Landscape"

Then they will just go in circles for 1hr 45 mins and in the end agree that society needs to discuss spirituality more.

screencap this

He looks like Ben stiller

>believes there are differences in intelligence between races
citation needed

>believes there are differences in intelligence between race

Give me a source.

And yes, I love Harris. His podcast is fantastic. The last episode he did with Maajid Nawaz (another guy I heavily admire) was very interesting to listen to.

>However I believe science can determine morality, without invoking metaphysics.
That's how I know Ben Harris is retarded.

I want to like to Maajid. I really do.

But if I imagine the most perfect way to convert the west to Islam, it would be to make it pallet-able and "secular" then once it was a majority switch to an Islamist leader (Turkey style) and resume the caliphate.

So I simply see him as a very high IQ Jihadist, that understands politics beats running people over in trucks.

Agreed

Jew ? Like the religion christianity and islam are based on ?

Yet he was completely blind to the shit Hillary pulled.

How is that retarded?

It's pretty easy.

>Morality reduces to questions about suffering and well being.
>Brains suffer if you do certain things.
>Brains feel good if you do certain things
>Science can tell you how to do the good things, and avoid the bad things.

He isn't honest in his critique of Christianity and turns God into a strawman which his uninformed followers lap up.

Quite obvious, this. Sam Harris was debunked years ago. I must say though, he is intelligent.

>all they need is a self hating Muslim for the circle jerk trifecta!?
Majeed Nawaz or however its spelled.

>if I imagine the most perfect way to convert the west to Islam, it would be to make it pallet-able and "secular" then once it was a majority switch to an Islamist leader (Turkey style) and resume the caliphate.

Sam Harris is a pseudo intellect and a neocon kike. He peddles anti-Russia hysteria and the only reason he speaks out against Islam is because he sees it as a threat against Jewish power.

He has contributed nothing to the field of philosophy. He is the product of Jewish nepotism (son of TV producer and the creator of The Golden Girls).

Sam Harris vs James White.
Who would watch that?

This still requires us to abide by the subjective opinion that a brain which is suffering is worse than a brain which feels good. It also requires us to abide by subjective definitions of "suffering" and "feeling good."

Stepping outside of the human perspective, what makes a brain with a higher concentration of dopamine better than one without?

Maajid Nawaz, the guy is hilarious because he clings onto Islam by the skin of its teeth. Everyone knows if you take Islam and remove the bad bits (aka the Muslim bits) you just end up with Christianity

>is a weak kike on race

OP you are faggot and you know it

>Schmuel Horowitz
yeah, nah

He is a little too far on the left for the current demographic of Sup Forums.

Give it 3 months into Trumps presidency and he will become /ourguy/

Every subjective experience reduces to an objective one.

it is OBJECTIVELY TRUE that :

>Sally likes apples (subjectively)

it is OBJECTIVELY TRUE that :

>Harry hates apples (subjectively)

The word subjectively has brainwashed people into thinking there is some miraculous alternative to Objective facts. There is no alternative.

It is objectively true that apples produce higher levels of reward chemicals in Sally than in Harry, yes.

Why is that important?

Ouch.

>what makes a brain with a higher concentration of dopamine better than one without?

This is the equivalent of saying :

>Whose to say burning somebody to death is worse than laughing and spending time with your loved ones

If you are seriously asking that, you have hit philosophical rock bottom with the shovel of a stupid question.

Why are peoples preferences important?

Because they tell us that they are.

My preference to not be burned alive is important to me.

That is all we need. You do not need to look for some moral law embedded in the fabric of reality.

Also replace the word morality with health and try your arguments out.

>Whose to say throwing up all day and dying age 12 is less healthy than being an athelete?

Health is just as subjective as morality, but you have no problem allowing science to tell you how to be healthier.

But if science tries to tell you how to be more moral you freak out and look for an absolute law.

Tell me, where is the absolute objective law for what is "healthy"?

It's what Harris is a proponent of, though. He seeks to validate his ideas of social objectivity by claiming that they're inherent to the universe.

This is why I think he's an unforgivable hack.

All I see is a continuing inability to separate yourselves from a human perspective.

An Olympic athlete and a corpse only differ in that one is actively combating the progression of entropy within the region of space defined as its body, and the other is not.

Don't forget he also warned us to not vote for the Russian puppet

yes, we're deist occultists here on /pol