The (((media))) already turned against their own, Buzzfeed is left under the bus

politico.com/magazine/story/2017/01/why-the-media-lose-to-trump-214624

>BuzzFeed played right into his hands. There are legitimate questions raised about how determined Trump has been to ignore evidence of Russia’s hacking operations prior to the election. But BuzzFeed did more to obscure and discredit these questions than Trump Tower could ever hope to. By publishing the uncorroborated dossier, BuzzFeed has associated the Russia issue with fantastical rumors and hearsay.

> If the election had gone the other way, it is hard to see BuzzFeed publishing a 35-page document containing unverified, lurid allegations about President-elect Hillary Clinton that it didn’t consider credible. This was an anti-Trump decision, pure and simple.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TkXK95R5zSw
cincinnatiwire.com/2017/01/cnn-buzzfeed-slammed-over-shower-gate/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

L-look it was only one bad apple!

Buzzfeed published the document and clearly stated that it could not be corroborated. But they did so AFTER cnn reported that intelligence officials had briefed POTUS on the docs and that they were pertaining to Trump and Russia.

Buzzfeed was right to publish. Anger should be directed at CNN and the CIA.

t. Buzzfeed employee about to be unemployed

>Buzzfeed published the document and clearly stated that it could not be corroborated

That's basically unethical. Get fucked

okay so maybe this story was a fake but matters here is that i still believe it anyways because thats the kind of stuff trump does i know that because the media told me so you know the same media that published this fake story about trump

Everyone knows buzzfeed is a side ramp for CNN to test out its edgier pieces and fetch them in if there are any bites. The timing was political, everything in it es either uncorroborated or false. It's a fucking total hit piece, and a shitty one at that. Stay mad.

It would be unethical if there was no reason to publish. These docs are old and all the news outlets have had forever.

What changed yesterday? CNN reported on POTUS receiving an intelligence briefing on them and that they were pertaining to Trump and Russia.

If any outlet had these docs and knew that they were likely fake, it is very ethical to publish so the public can see for themselves.

If Buzzfeed had not published this woulda been a fuckhuge thing and more fuel for the batshit crazy left. By publishing, it took everyone a few hours to realize it was fake news.

Expose
Exploit
Divide

Be the Jew pol!

It was all setup by the CIA. They're the ones who leaked the briefing to CNN. And they're the ones who decided to brief POTUS on very obviously phony documents.

Once those wheels were set in motion it was inevitable.

They cant stump him so they take their frustration out on themselves. It's a beaut to watch t b h.

Also they took so long to craft that "fake news" meme and it ended up being used against them in a spectacular fashion. That really made my dick rock solid.

t. Buzzfeed

So how long until we hear about a Libel case against Buzzfeed?

t.BuzzfeedSpinDepartment

kek

>Why the Media Lose to Trump
Is this from a serious article? Because that headline is so badly written I lost 2 IQ points from reading it.

It's the CIA's job though. They didn't approach this as some sort of intervention where they demanded trump fess up to his kgb pant and hyper perv status, they were informing him of the sort of nonsense floating in the ether, so he doesn't get caught off guard in an interview or something. Trump is mad at the CIA because of the leaks.

>I cant into professional ethics
K den

Also
> why hate the press? It's CIA's fault
Pro tip: you can blame both and still be 100% correct

>But BuzzFeed did more to obscure and discredit these questions than Trump Tower could ever hope to.
>By publishing the uncorroborated dossier, BuzzFeed has associated the Russia issue with fantastical rumors and hearsay.
Trump is going to use this episode to simultaneously crush the Russian hacking narrative, the media, intel community and John McCain in one fell swoop.

Right, but intel briefings with presidents are very classified. But it was still leaked to CNN, who soulda known better than to report on it, but did so anyway.

At that point it was only a matter of time till someone published all the docs.

>They expect one of us in the wreckage

really got my noggin joggin'

Politico is a joke.

We need more Infowars and Young Turks style small scale medias and investigators. Their era of cold antenna is over. Trump should invite university philosophers, political scientist, historians and journalist instead of mainstream media outlets including newspapers.

I do blame both. CIA and CNN are responsible for this.

Rather than let everyone simmer in more Trump/Russia hysteria, all of the documents were published by Buzzfeed. Nothing hidden, no spin, everything just there for us to see.

That is what we should want.

Well, if you pretend for a moment that the docs are vetted and accurate, then you can see it as a form of whistle blowing, not that USA is too keen on whiste blowers, but the point is there would be a moral / ethical impetus to do so. However
>if
so I dunno what to say. Maybe there's a hardcore liberal in the CIA that could not stomach trump? Or maybe an 11th hour comey revenge thing? I think it's too much of a jump to say it was a CIA plan/op, rather than just some upset member within.

> publishing unverified claims is kewl
No it's not. It's gay as fuck.

By all means they can act like tabloid trash if they like, but then they'll be treated as such. It's a different market with a different audience.

>By publishing, it took everyone a few hours to realize it was fake news.

>>By publishing a FAKE NEWS, it took everyone a few hours to realize it was FAKE NEWS.

Top tier 3d chess there buzzfeed employee

Jan 21

Those morons just regurgitate what the MSM report on and act with outrage. Fucking worthless echoboxes

"Media" is a plural noun, from "medium," as in "medium of communication" --> "communications media"

They published and stated they were unverified. But the moment CNN reported on these docs, the public had the right to see them.

Yes, they did everyone a service by publishing. If not, it'd be like all the other Russia/Trump reports. Anonymous reports without evidence.

At least this time we got to see the evidence and how fucking retarded it was.

The CIA needs to be purged. It was grossly irresponsible for many of these leaks to occur. Some CIA agents are playing politics and they need to be retired for the intelligence field forever.

Looks like Buzzfeed was on our side the whole time. Rekt the credibility of the anti-Russian narrative.

How do u do those green meme arroows?

Agreed. Not only for them essentially being an unelected political entity right now, but their decades long history of lies, war mongering, torture, and heaps of other vile shit. They're the worst of America imo.

When an organisation chooses to publish something, they are making a choice about how they view the issue. They can't claim that they were 'just letting people make their mind up' as an excuse to publish unverified and damaging content.

Delete system32

I would almost always agree, but think it's different this time because CNN had half assed their reporting to just let everyone know there's more damning Russia/Trump stuff but we're not gonna tell you what.

And it's not like Buzzfeed is some serious political outlet. don't they pretty much just do a bunch of slideshows?

Fuck off you filthy lying shill

Trump already did this without our help. He singled out CNN and Cuckfeed on live television while praising other networks for not doing the same.

Pretty sure he is referring to "lose" and saying it should be "lost".

It's kind of funny seeing how many ways shills bend to try and influence narratives on here. Playing mary middleground but using "strongarm" tactics to make sure it's still a concession made on your terms. Interesting.

It's kind of funny to see the media attempt to circle the wagons around CNN / Buzzfeed yet none of them uttered a single fucking word when Obama publicly held Fox in contempt when he entered into office. Not so great when the shoe is on the other foot, huh?

Gimme my syntax back.

My apologies.

t. Food stamp collector #652874593

Lots of variety of shills but I don't think they're all professional or Sup Forums trolls like usual. I think here we have a bunch of low iq sheep pushed here by all the recent publicity. they have been getting news from CNN all their lives and now are confused and depressed because the narratives being controlled by someone they've been taught to vilify. Impressionable people.

I don't usually post but tonight I might actually take the opportunity to red pill a few of them.

you'd have to fuck your mother and live stream it on either Sup Forums or Sup Forums

good thing that buzzfeed publsihed CNNs source, so people can see how bad these allegations are

>ethics
>(((reporter)))
Pick one.

>Buzzfeed published the document and clearly stated that it could not be corroborated
hi buzzfeed shill

you published it with a tone that indicated you wished it were true, and wanted readers to believe it is true, even though if you thought, even for one second, about the allegations, you'd realize this is an unethical, stupid, and self-destructive decision.

but you were blinded by your white hot rage to destroy anyone who doesn't think the exact way as you do.

you wanted to destory trump.

you published libelous copy, and now you will have to face it in a court of law.

say hello to Gawker for me

>It would be unethical if there was no reason to publish

and what reason is that?

>These docs are old and all the news outlets have had forever.

so, the fact that the news outlets had a fake, ficticious story written by a 4channer for a period of time had what affect on the trueness of this "dossier" exactly?

>entire article explaining why being hysterical will just play into trumps hands, and the best strategy is just to treat him "fairly" to hang him by his own outlandish behavior.
>shitlibs still cant even

Its like pottery.

trump is just alpha. betas gonna hate

so you're saying the CIA was trying to nail CNN to the wall?

You can't call this "fake news". It's unverified and potentially unverifiable, but it has not been falsified.

>L-look it was only one bad apple!

>it's not fake news when the left does it

g2b buzzfeed

So are the documents not from the CIA, or are the statements simply bullshit?

I bet Trump is behind the Dossier leak.

He is a fucking genius.

He fucked buzzfeed.

He discredited the medias muh russian hackers bitching because now its connected to ridicoulous fantasy piss shower reports and makes the media look even more biased and corrupt.

Holy fuck

Present tense because media losing continues to happen

>If the election had gone the other way, it is hard to see BuzzFeed publishing a 35-page document containing unverified, lurid allegations about President-elect Hillary Clinton
>hard to see BuzzFeed publishing... unverified allegations about Clinton

Uh...that is because all the toiling Clinton has done is already verified by government documentation and in some cases legal testimony given by herself in various meetings with different agencies.

The difference between the media portrayals of the candidates is simple.
Clinton is such a pile of shit they make the piece of corn look good.
With Trump, they're taking a whole ear of corn and smearing shit on it to make it look bad.

don't cry for the msm

they were already dead

*Lost

fucking dumbfuck leftists

5D chess.

>buzzfeed was right

Even before pissgate that comment would have been shit on. Set yourself on fire

You gotta have a least a Sup Forums gold account but the platinum account gives you unlimited meme arrows

praise kek

>Yes, they did everyone a service by publishing. If not, it'd be like all the other Russia/Trump reports. Anonymous reports without evidence.

because now it's not just some anonymous report without evidence?

you think you are joking but I've met people like this just yesterday.

youtube.com/watch?v=TkXK95R5zSw

I suspect I know who it was!

>the moment CNN reported on these docs, the public had the right to see them
is this a law or did you just make up this "right"

On the off chance that the media begins to change tides to save their sinking ships, never forget that the media are filthy lying sacks of shit. Even if they pretend to agree with us, even if it seems like they've changed. Never accept them.

Sad!

We will never ever let anybody forget. Fake news is a real problem. The informational robber barons who did this will all be ruined, just wait and see. That's before the lawsuits come in - Trump has hundreds of lawyers, and they've been cataloguing every actionable lie about him for the civil cases. I also expect that they will be BTFO'd by Trump getting on TV and speaking about the Smith-Mundt Act and how it was subverted, which along with allowing a few conglomerates buy up everything made it possible for a handful of people to control and army of liars preying upon the US public.

They're going to fucking to move to Canada after all and bitch about it for generations to come.

So happened anyway, I've been asleep next to a billabong with a stolen sheep in my tuckerbag.

t. everyone I live around

just tell them that fake news is a problem, that's easy to understand

We don't need more cucks here. How about we take Trudeau and the Liberal party, you take your propagandists and we ship them to, I dunno, Somalia?

I'm not trying to make them move there user, it's just that I feel it in my bones. They need a relatively intact country from which to run their scheme now.

It could be that the Queen invokes the Royal Power of Dissolution and dissolves Canada on her deathbed though, that'd be hilarious, always wanted to see a whole country dissolve with the stroke of a pen.

No you're fucked, you had your chance to do Day Of The Rake and failed, it's too late now.

so they can just make up thousands of false, defaming reports on anyone, and Buzzfeed will publish them all "for us to see"

Same, and it's surreal as hell. My suspicion is the terror of realizing the world as they know it is vastly different from what was perceived. People are living a lie, and they've lived it so long they become fake. No self-reflection and over-stimulation is a motherfucker to the mind.

He gets it.

then cnn will report on it because the people have a "right" to know and all of a sudden pow, you have more fake news

they do this 24 hours a day

Shit-posters to the rescue!

You have to go back

this shit is going to hit millennials really hard

who cares if the buzzfeed report was uncorroborated? it was sandwiched right between an article about the 10 funniest facebook memes and super diet secrets to heat up trans-women's sex lives. buzzfeed is a legitimate journalistic powerhouse.

cnn did nothing wrong by dedicating huge amounts of prime time television broadcasting and web real estate to the buzzfeed release. buzzfeed's credible history of quality journalism mandated that cnn do its job and report the fact that buzzfeed was reporting something.

cnn is a good news outlet just trying to inform the people. cnn di'n do nuffin

google raspberry pi Sup Forums keyboard shield

In what is now being referred to as Shower Gate, is perhaps one of the most controversial scandals to arise with modern journalistic ethics in recent decades.
cincinnatiwire.com/2017/01/cnn-buzzfeed-slammed-over-shower-gate/

How does it feel knowing that the leftist media is self destructing and we'll be stuck with Fox News being the only major news distributor left when Trump leaves office in January of 2025?

yeah, the briefing was on the docs
it was a briefing on EXAMPLES OF FAKE NEWS
SUCH AS THIS VERY FAKE DOSSIER
THAT NO ONE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD TAKE SERIOUSLY

OH WAIT

>I-it's j-just an ((((Einzelfall))))

HAPPENING
"BBC has now claimed that there is a second dossier"

Hey when your entire company goes bankrupt is there a chance to keep Tasty? I kinda like 20% of those foods.

Thank fucking God. As much as I hate Trump, I hope that stupid fucking website goes under. How the fuck did they get popular in the first place? I remember in 2014 when they first started publishing shit and dipshits on Jewbook were sharing their stories.

They were always doing shit like
>10 people who have trouble getting their socks on
>10 pictures of cats stuck in a box
>Here's pictures of Kayaks upside down

It was such a stupid fucking site. How did it get so popular?

The one time I will defend Trump is over Buzzfeed. I hope it tanks and is shut down.

BBC, I also know where you can get a THIRD dossier. My friend Dmitry in Moscow can get you one only 200euro very cheap. Full of all the best infos direct from KGB leaks.

This may come as a shock to you but most people are actually that retarded.

Most people don't really care for quality, merit, precision or integrity of a thing. The masses adore stupid shit.

I red the comments of this article.

DO PEOPLE REALLY BELIEVE THE PISS STORY?