FLAT EARTH

If the earth were found then planes would constantly have to be pointed slightly downward to avoid flying right off the globe but they don't do this which proves the earth is flat

Other urls found in this thread:

mathcentral.uregina.ca/QQ/database/QQ.09.97/dyck2.html
youtube.com/watch?v=-RIBO7VB0VE
youtube.com/watch?v=fH4XHwefPVY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

explain satellites fucktard

Even though the earth is flat, it does move and the satellites move at the same speed as the earth

Well done user, well done however:
]>you can explain centrifugal force in this context can you?

That doesnt even make sense. The feed from the ISS? Dont give me some shit about how the reptillian illuminati alliance is changing the feed or some shit

captcha: northview lies

Ok, explain the fact that in summer there is a 24h daylight in arctic and antarctic

The earth also rotates

nice dodging my question

What, spinning like a disk? Ha. Then there woukd be a constant day at the equator too, which never happens. You're an idiot

Here's my question. If it was flat who gives a fuck. Why would it be a big conspiracy, if it's flat, round or square why would it matter

I always wonder if so called flat earthers are very elaborated trolls or just plain retarded.

Poe's law I guess

It would prove the existence of God, making everyone on Earth much more difficult to control.

Some of them are religious nutballs who can't accept anything that goes against their religion, and are convinced that the round Earth does. See

REMINDER
FLAT EARTH THREADS ARE PLANTS DEVISED TO MAKE Sup Forums LOOK CRAZY SO THE REAL HAPPENINGS ARE DISMISSED
THIS IS A PSYOP

Is Mars flat? The moon? The sun?

Okay falling for the bait so im keeping it short. Gravity and basic physics.

If this is no bait, which i really cant imagine since nobody over the age of 10 could be this stupid, you should have paid more attention in school

And yet here you are, bumping the thread.

the fact that this is an ongoing discussion here shows just how fucking retarded you dumbfucks are

Walking from across Antarctica.
And they did not fall off!

This is the one that got me.

Right, thanks for reminding me to sage.

Why can't I see the Southern Cross? Why can't an Aussie see Polaris?

Also, based B.o.B is woke to it

Ur Facebook get baleeted OP? I wanted to send you a map

>tfw your desk becomes a sphere

Yeah you stupid fuck, keep going higher

>It would prove the existence of God, making everyone on Earth much more difficult to control.

How exactly would that make it more difficult to control people?

So wait a minute

Assuming flat Earth theory is correct, the sun would somehow have to be illuminating half the earth at the same time. So envision the Earth as a pie, then cut it in half. That missing half would be the illuminated portion of the Earth: a semicircle

But flat earth theory says that the sun is floating above the earth. So the portion it illuminates would not be a semicircle, but a normal circle. Which, when mapped onto a sphere, would look like a twisted egg shape.

It doesn't really make sense does it?

>I don't understand gravity, the pic

The water in the two first figures is only level because the local gravity is pointing directly down. Make the pool extremely wide, and it will not be level.

There are No satellites. It's all ground based and high altitude blimps.

Flat earth is to distract you from the real truth of hollow earth

Its fun watching globecucks trying to defend their globe model.

How does it prove God exists. God could exist with a round Earth too.

Shut the hell up. No it's not!

>we have a retarded nigger """musician""" on our side!
>Clearly this is the side of logic!

the flat Earth theory is disinformation meant to distract and keep people limited to lower dimensional thinking instead of thinking hyperdimensionally or metaphysically. It uses a lot of sleight of hand, wrong assumptions, incomplete assumptions, and lack of sufficient science knowledge to pull various “stage magic” tricks to support the idea that Earth is flat. But if you investigate each of the claims, you can find where their reasoning or assumptions go wrong.
To give one example, cameras on weather balloons have been used by flat Earth theorists to show that even when the balloon gets higher and higher the horizon always stays at eye level instead of dropping and curving as it should on a sphere. But to do the numbers, balloons don’t actually go that high, as the highest they go is 23 miles. Diameter of Earth is 7,917.5 miles. So if Earth were a basketball, 23.44cm in diameter, a weather balloon then would get 0.7 mm from the surface. That is so close to it, that the horizon of the basketball would be close to eye level. It would be close enough that the difference versus ground level is too small to be obvious in weather balloon photographs.

Pilots above 18000 feet maintain a selected altitude (height above the datum) by setting the altimeter to standard atmospheric pressure. As the aircraft climbs air pressure falls and the indication on the altimeter, set to standard pressure, increases. The pilot controls the aircraft to maintain this pressure altitude. As such, the aircraft maintains the desired height above the datum.

Of course, logically, some forward yoke pressure would be required to maintain a given pressure altitude over a curved surface.

The earth curves 8 inches per mile.

Assuming a flight at 30000 ft, a radius of the Earth of 3959 miles, and a ground speed of 500 mph, to follow the curviture of the earth and maintain a constant pressure altitude (essentially a constant height above mean seal level) the aircraft would have to "nose over" about 330 feet per hour, or 5.5 feet per minute. This is an almost imperceptible control input.

Even if it were true that the aircraft had to nose over 1000 feet in an hour (which it isn't), that would be 16 ft per minute.

Pilots would not even notice this minute change over the course of a minute.

When hand flying, 10 to 20 foot deviations from the selected indicated altitude are common brackets in straight and level flight unless the air is undisturbed in which case the deviations are smaller and less frequent.

The pilot bugs a desired altitude and controls the aircraft to keep the actual aircraft altitude and the bugged altitude lined up. This takes constant control inputs, both up and down unless in smooth air.

mathcentral.uregina.ca/QQ/database/QQ.09.97/dyck2.html

Why do I see the same stars every night all year round even though in summer and winter the planet is facing on the opposite sides of the solar system? Does the galaxy revolve around our solar system or something?

>Because that's how mass works
>Or distance
>Or gravity
>Implying you'd see the water bend
You're a dumbass
The planet is too big for the human eye to see the horizon far enough to see the expanding curve

Answer these

>muh round earth
>muh god

Changing an /x/ post to a Sup Forums post does not make it okay even when you say "red pill". - (yarg, he didnt say red pil, jesus man, hes talking about flat earth. we landed on the fucking moon. take pride in your country, you 9/11 conspiracy theorist. If you are a 3/11 conspiracy theorist sent songs!

The earth has a regular atmosphere 62 miles high
Mount Everest is only about 6 miles
That faggot at most was about 20 miles high
Fuck off

You really have no sense of just how far away those stars are from us, do you?

riddle me this you stupid faggots.
I have been to India twice. the first time, I flew via hong kong from vancouver and passed over japan. the second time, I flew from Toronto via dubai. both these trips started at the calgary airport.

you mean to tell me all the airlines are in on this conspiracy and wilfully waste probably thousands of tonnes of fuel every day going on needlessly curved routes just to keep up the illusion the earth is round? how has some small airline startup not made a killing crossing the arctic with flights at a third of the cost of the competition?

Another criticism of flat Earth theory: how come all places on the Earth observe the same phase of the Moon at all times?

According to flat earth theory, the moon should be moving around above the earth on a similar track to the sun. That's why it appears at different altitudes are different latitudes, and why it appears to go through a circular track in the sky.

But depending on their perspective looking up at the moon from the flat earth, different people at different places should observe a different phase of the moon. Since of course they are catching the reflection of the sunlight off the moon, and the angle of that reflection is not the same depending on your location on Earth and the time of day.

How do you explain this?

We're a shit all planet hurtling through space on the bend of a shit all of gas in the edge of a random galaxy on the edge of the universe
The nearest star besides the sun is light years away
A light year is the amount of distance light travels in a year
In one second light has the speed to circle the earth multiple times
Envision that distance laid out
Now multiply it by a quadrillion
No go fuck yourself

I don't see how roundcucks can get around this one

Are you suggesting that because the stars are so far away, they remain in my field of vision even though the night sky of the planet is literally facing in the opposite direction in different seasons? Why would I be able to see something that is literally behind me?

Because the distances those stars are from you are absurd. But you bring up another argument against the flat Earth...
Any even semi-avid stargazer will tell you the stars move around over the course of the night. Try tracking their movement, and you'll be able to extrapolate the shape of the Earth from that.

How the fuck did indigenous people get to the countries by land bridge
You can't prove they didn't because there is overwhelming proof you are an outright idiot
How do commercial airlines get to countries
How would Japan have bombed Pearl harbor if they would've had to go the other direction, over multiple countries, taking several days to complete the flight, etc. etc.

youtube.com/watch?v=-RIBO7VB0VE

You also don't understand the size of said stars, or how light works
Light has a speed because it's electromagnetic radiation
Which means the stars you see may not even be there anymore
It's just the light they give off taking millions of years to reach your field of view
You're looking at those stars as they were eons ago
Because space is massive

pretty sure that's fuji, which would make sense as it's practically at sea level. I have stood on mountains and seen the curve of the earth
pictures also can't really capture it properly

If the Earth were flat then planes would constantly have to turn left/right to maintain an East/West heading but they don't do this which proves the Earth is round.

Daily reminder that flat earth is a false flag to hide the real truth about why we're not allowed in the antarctic.

This is another plausible alternative

In a flat earth model the sun and moon should set to inifinitesimally small points in the sky and should rise from the same small points. But they dont

Fuck it's not a proper shitpost without weebshit

If the earth was flat, planes would be a waste of money.

If you actually pay attention, you'll see that you do see different stars in winter and summer.

That's a dumb argument. The proper argument is that he's a retard who isn't paying attention.

Explain the southern hemisphere stars timelapse photo shows they circle south pole. I'll wait

You are ignoring the effects of the centrifugal air current which will push any pilot into what seems to be a "straight" course according to round earth conjecture but is actually a curved path.

I've flown high enough to see the curvature of earth. You could do it yourself if you werent a NEET autistic faggot who hasnt left the house in a year

Gravity.

Pics or it didn't happen, CIA shill.

I don't get the reasoning that it would prove God exists.
If the Earth was a meme planet operating on retarded rules, it would seem to encourage the ridiculous that is macroevolution.
The universe functions in a very logical and orderly way, which is why all the great scientists of the past came to believe in a higher power, whatever aspect it may take.
Flat earth goes against that.

If it was flat some crazy asshole would have taken a picture of the edge already.

Religion is one of the oldest forms of control you fucking idiot. More believers in god means more people thinking the same way which means more control. Go walk off the edge of your flat eart

tfw to intelligent to believe the world is round

kek plz

So the flat Earth rotates?

>Why do I see the same stars every night all year round even though in summer and winter

You don't, their place change in the sky. The only way to have the same sky all year round is to observe it from the poles.

If it were flat, then the angle of the suns rays would remain the same across the entire face of the planet.

SLIDE IT
youtube.com/watch?v=fH4XHwefPVY

>dumbass conspiracies not related to politics in anyway
Come the fuck on you retards. Take this shit to /x/.

This.
It's designed to make alternative earth theories look stupid, when smart guys like Edmund Halley postulated hollow earth while flat earth is basically synonymous with protty medieval stupidity .

>how to spot one of our /nu-pol/ reddit friends: the post

Really activated my gray matter

>physics BTFO

Actually Earth is a Dyson's Sphere!

well im convinced

The basis of flat earthism seems to be a fundamental inability to comprehend scale outside of what is immediately apparent to a single ground level human. all their arguments stem from assumptions that the earth is subject to the same rules as their immediate environment because it's the biggest scale they can think on.

I bet these people don't ever travel outside their country in their lives.

I wonder if flat earth niggers are trolls or have an IQ lower than a somali retard

aye amigo dios mio

>doesn't agree with you
>must be a troll!
wew

pol is a christian board faggot

false flag, there is no such thing as a gravity. Stop explaining one lie with another.

>Sup Forumsacks will go against scientists claims that all races are equal
>Sup Forumsacks will then slurp NASA semen and believe everything they say
You just can't make this up

Checkmate flatfags

>no no guys...the equator is actually further from the sun than anywhere else, that's why it's so hot

how is this rubbish b8 thread getting so many replies

sago'd

it's called induction reasoning

some guy about 100~ years ago designed a really simple machine that would measure the earths curvature, 3 precision lengths of wood, trapped in steel and on legs, you connect em all up and get them level, then you move one of the ends to the other end connect it up so its perfectly square with the others, then you walk them down a beach, or something flat enough for you to be able to continue the measurement straight for about a kilometer, he did this and expected the line to rise about a foor or something from where hed started but no such thing occured so he continued on for another few k's and same result, he measured no decernable curve in the earths crust, he took his findings to the scientific community and they shunned him, he asked them to verify his results, which they did, and they watched him do it again, with the same results, upon seeing that, they just told him to basically fuck off and die and thats a story i heard one time

no fag
there is evidence everywhere that the earth is round, from gravity and physics to ISS feeds

>misspelling the word 'all'

>ISS feeds
>probably thinks NASA went to the moon
>thinks that NASA isnt a complete shill