WE WUZ PHILOSOPHERS AND SHIET

>But students at a prestigious London university are demanding that figures such as Plato, Descartes and Immanuel Kant should be largely dropped from the curriculum because they are white.
>The student union at SOAS, a leading centre for the study of Asia, Africa and the Middle East, stated that “decolonising” the university and “confronting the white institution” is one of its priorities for the academic year.
>telegraph.co.uk/education/2017/01/08/university-students-demand-philosophers-including-plato-kant/

Other urls found in this thread:

deborahjohnston.org/index.html
soas.ac.uk/admissions/
youtube.com/watch?v=G_sGn6PdmIo
lgbts.yale.edu/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>It comes after education leaders warned that universities will be forced to pander to the demands of “snowflake” students, however unreasonable they might be.

>Under proposed reforms to higher education, the Government wants to place student satisfaction at the heart of a new ranking system, but critics fear it could undermine academic integrity.

>Dr Deborah Johnston, Pro-Director (Learning and Teaching), said: "One of the great strengths of SOAS is that we have always looked at world issues from the perspective of the regions we study – Asia, Africa & Middle East.

And more info about her: deborahjohnston.org/index.html

Dr Deborah Johnston

Dept of Economics
SOAS, University of London
Thornhaugh Street, Russell Square,
London WC1H 0XG UK

[email protected]
+44-20-7898-4494

Also, choose your degree pol: soas.ac.uk/admissions/

Undergraduate degrees by subject:

Africa
Anthropology and Sociology
China and Inner Asia
Development Studies
Economics
English Studies
Film Studies
Financial and Management Studies
History
History of Art and Archaeology
Japan and Korea
Law
Linguistics
Music
Near and Middle East
Politics and International Studies
Religions and Philosophies
South Asia
South East Asia

yeah but who are the proud philosophers of colour?
I can't think of any

also
>greek
>white
pick one

>School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS)
>wants to study nigger and gook philosophies

wow who would have guessed

In majoring in history currently.

Be honest, Sup Forums.... I'm not going to make it too far in life, am I?

>SOAS
>Prestigious

It's literally a containment uni for anarchists

You're getting brainwashing into believing Ramses III and Nectanebos I are two different kings.

I doubt you're learning anything without extensive study on your own- and why would you? you're in school.

Nectanebos I
>Whosdaboss I

Fine, make the little fuckers study Thomas Sowell for a whole semester.

Saw this on BBC a few days ago. Some chimp literally said the enlightenment was racist.

I have a history degree. I enjoyed it for the sake of learning, but I ended up getting an office job. I would have been better off financially if I had gotten a business degree, but 42k your first year out of school isn't so bad, and I've only gotten better since.

Who is he? Redpill me on him pls.

>greeks
>white
Once again the Eternal Anglo is appropriating Mediterranean culture

There were many Chinese and middle eastern philosophers.

but who?

Thomas Sowell is a black American conservative writer. Liberals hate him because he's a black man who doesn't think what they tell him to think.

youtube.com/watch?v=G_sGn6PdmIo

Let me give you a quick look at your future.

>Graduated from college with a degree in History with a Minor in Political Science.
>Applied to lots and lots of jobs. Not even ONE response.
>Went to job fair. Talked with someone about becoming a "Management Trainee" for a major drug store.
>The recruiter asked to look at my resume.
>He laughed.
>He looked at me and said "history? HISTORY? You have ZERO marketable skills.
>Ended up going to a school to learn how to become an electrician.
>Now work for PG&E

I need to ask you this. Do you intend to teach history or get your doctorate in History to teach? If yes then stay there but even that will be a challenge as History majors are a dime a dozen.

If the answer is no to that - then choose a different major.

If I could do my life over again I would have been a business major. Selling stuff makes far more money then anything on the technical side (sorry STEM majors - but those fucking drunk ass frat boys with a business degree will be your boss)

Confucius,? Avicenna?

>Asian, African or Middle Eastern philosophers

So, Confucius and.......... Huh. Really makes one ponder

That quote makes him sound completely retarded.

Maybe if niggers could actually into philosophy there would be more in the curriculum.

>the best philosophers were white REEEEE we feel inadequate

As you should, Shaniqua.

>Zoroaster, Shang Yang, Laozi, Buddha

>Go to Korean/Japanese school
>omg why the fuck is there a bust of Sejong/Hojo
>LITERALLY TRIGGERED
>"ehhh yo mang dis shiet be rayciss an stuff shiiiiiet wher da black kangz and philosphurs at dis is sum racist chinese bulllllshieet yo"

Don't you just love the global double standards that only take place in white countries?

Does it now....

>Descartes and Kant being dropped
>a bad thing

pick one, faggo

So the Ancient Greeks WERE Germanic white.

Great to know!

> Mao, Pol Pot, Jim Il Sung

The list goes on!

KILL ME FUCKING REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

WHITE PEOPLE ARE HUMAN GARBAGE

HATING YOURSELF IS NOT RIGHT

REEEE FUCK YOU NIGGER

Not one STEM subject. That explains why I haven't seen this bullshit at my University.
Only one I can think of is Confucius.

This. The outrage about this is just another spook.

Those would fall in the Prophet category.

Except maybe Buddha, people only know his shitty main tenets but he was one hell of a philosopher.

Then you have middle eastern ones like Islamic, Avicenna, Averroes and the kike Maimonides but you can argue they were all jsut trying to put their heads around understanding Aristotle.

>australian education

It isn't like we really wanted to be white anyway. We are Greek. We are better than that.

REEEEEEEEEE ITS TIME TO FUCKING STOP WHAT THE FUCK REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

In an intro to philosophy class we spent time on Buddha/Buddhist philosophy, even in terms of metaphysics. Not bad as an eastern compliment to the western stuff

> a russian lecturing a first worlder about education

Oh come on, please don't embarrass youself Sergei. It was merely a joke, I didn't mean to offend your ancestral lineage.

People will look back on our History and just like the last great Roman philosophers recognized shit was going south, but most will be German.

Its incredible the amount of great philosophers out of Germany before the fucking wars.

His metapsychology is amazing, the metaphysics as well.

Buddha is like a best off pre Socratic philosophers in a way.

but of those 3 only kant is white.

It's always profitable for a engineering major to minor in Business Administration, hell go the whole way and turn the minor into at least a associates in Business

Kek same here.
Now studying finance and insurance. Most already have a job before they are done.
Change while you can and keep history as a hobby.

This major was a mistake.

>school of african and asian studies
wow it's fucking nothing
they're not wrong

How far through are you?

Tbh I'm a mathematics major but I wish I could have taken history and shit. I love it but I have no friends and it would have been nice to discuss and analyse it.

Yeah, why the fuck are they studying people like Plato anyway?

faggot at my university says he's gonna refuse taking the mandatory philosophy course cuz no black or female philosophers included in the syllabus..... asked him which black/fem philosopher should be included.... "i don't know any, but i'm sure there are some"....

i told him to check out ayn rand if he wanted to read a female philosopher lol

study law, nigger

If you can leverage your engineering background and business background into a management track then you are golden! Do that!

Anons - don't waste your time and money with shit tier degrees. History / Political Science / Women's Studies (Black Studies, Chicano, Gay, blah blah blah) are all paths to becoming a fucking loser with a college student loan that will always be punching you in the balls.

>first worlder
>cannot into space

abo please

A course with Ayn Rand and everybody falls into a coma because she takes 1000 pages of muddled storytelling to say her one page argument

What a blast

I don't understand this, the traditional western position is to listen to people's arguments as they are and not pre-judge them based on who's presenting them. How much of a cuck do you have to be to not only reject this but do so in favour of foreigners and feminism?

Most people in STEM aren't doing it solely for the money. They have a genuine interest in the field of study they choose. Not everyone is a materialistic, vacuous, banal, greedy slug like those drunk frat bros.

>Gay Studies
My sides weren't ready for this, is this real? What do they teach?

Oh they do teach that!

Welcome to Yale University. Once a Christian University to teach Pastors. Now it is filled with degenerate scum.

lgbts.yale.edu/

Junior year, entering second semester. I had always thought about switching to Geology but I never had the gall to take a big step in an unknown direction. I'm a 20 year-late abortion.

I know, but this is how these sjw idiots think. They're the ones who are discriminatory, labeling and judgemental, and unable to listen to any argument objectively

Get internships now while you are in college. To do something with a BA, you need work experience and to be creative with your skills. If you can, also figure out how to squeeze in a minor that makes you more marketable like economics, a foreign language, statistics, or even a social science. Use your electives to pick up some skills like accounting, basic computer science, public speaking, etc. Journalism, PR, politics, and nonprofits are some of the fields that you can apply a history degree towards. You also can always get a graduate degree in a more career oriented field.

The disadvantage with a classical liberal arts degree (like history, philosophy, or literature as opposed to sociology or women's studies) is that companies don't like investing money in training entry level hires and figure that people with BAs are smart, but either lazy or will be more disruptive. There's an aloof egghead stereotype you're going to face. The average STEM or business grad is more prepared to hit the ground running and typically is going to be more compliant in the workforce.

its evil to advice someone to spend money on social studies.... language ok, economics ok, statistics yes, social studies hell fucken no, i can not overstress this....

we want people to educate themselves in order to get more useful, not more useless

The only way I defend the social sciences is that some programs require people to take statistics and research methods courses. Marxist indoctrination sociology and introduction to psychology courses have no value. Learning how to use stats software, spreadsheets, design experiments, etc are pretty useful skills.

That frat boy doesnt work for me because hes a nigger, faggot. Any mildy advanced industry is managed by engineers of whom have passed the design phase and moved into project manegment and beyond.

i understand and agree with your point. however, these skills are possible to learn without enrolling in a faggot programme... i saw the statistics syllabus my brother had when he did a social studies masters thingy, and it was a complete joke.... he still doesnt understand statistics at all, and i read his paper and it looked like a 14 year old shitcuck wrote it (he did some meta study shit on gender vs math skills, with the presupposition that we are of course equal or maybe girls are better, guess what, he got a b)... plus you might get infected if you have to spend too much time with these idiots...

except for my practical lab skills, i haven't learned shit i couldn't have learned elsewhere through my 7 years in the academia circle jerk...

at least half of higher education should just be removed and be put into standardized certificate-type tests, imo

Same fucking thing happening on campuses in South Africa. The lecturers generally reply with "What the fuck are you talking about, Googles?"

It is difficult integrating African philosophers into a curriculum when they never even fucking developed writing until Europeans began to educate them.

Something upwards of 90% of all major achievements throughout history were made by white males. Remind me again why we accommodate this shit? It's a mindfuck to me and just confirms that really evil people are in charge throughout the West.

yes, you can't use affirmative action on the fucking historical timeline of thought and epistemology. but these shidiots won't let their inability to grasp what the subject is even about stop their efforts at subjecting it to their equality agenda