Are fast food burgers really that unhealthy or is it just a meme? I mean, it's just beef between some bread buns right...

Are fast food burgers really that unhealthy or is it just a meme? I mean, it's just beef between some bread buns right? What is so bad about it? What makes them so much worse than a homemade burger?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/6ORUZxO0tw0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

burgers are fucking delicious, and if you exercise or at least move around through the day, and don't over-indulge it doesn't even matter that it's "unhealthy"

Profit margins. They use the cheapest available processed meat, bread and salad.
Sure, they could just make burgers the way they're supposed to be done, but would you buy them for 4 times the price?

sweet jams
youtu.be/6ORUZxO0tw0

Just dont eat fast food every fucking day and you're good.

It's a meme. Did you really think hamburgers cooked at home were healthier? Or cooking them slower was better for you?

There's nothing inherently bad about the ingredients except the mayonnaise and maybe cheese. Removing those two things from a burger makes it pretty healthy senpai

Dude, it sounds like you havent tried a fresh burger straight out of a butchery deli grill.
15 euros for a burger is nothing if the taste is great.

Cheapest ingrediens, full of chemicals and sugar

It's made to be tasty and as less filling as possible

i think fast food burgers are usually greasier and more sugar and shit in their sauces probably, but it's worth it honestly, i treat myself a few times a month

No, they're not. They're marginally higher in sodium and taste worse than something you could make at home but they're not going to make you fat unless you're downing four a day.

Fries and Soda are a different story: both are packed with calories, zero decent macronutrients and zero nutrition.

If you must eat fast food get two burgers and a water.
NO FRIES
NO SODA

>would I pay 4 dollars for a big ass premium burger
Yes.

Chick fil a is successful because of high quality service and ingredients, if you did the same with burgers it would be great. That being said burger joints do that but it takes a lot longer to get your burger and some times you're just in a rush.

Yeah, but business wise it is more profitable to lower your expenses as well as widen your consumer base by lowering prices. Especially when you can just mask the shitty taste of processed meat with something like MSG.

Yep. Not loaded with filler, preservatives and pink slime.
Not burger, but do you know taco bell puts sugar in the meat? Fast food has additives.

Fast food mayonnaise is like liquid calories man.

Hardee's or Carl's Jr has good quality burgers that are cheap.

not on their own (the unhealthiest part is the bread, bread to meat ratio is a little high)

but the stuff burger comes with is pretty bad, french fries , soda etc.

burgers, fries and soda are good for you

>Sodium
>A legitimate health concern
I'll see you on the ground cramped up after sweating

The beef is full of sugar and salt. The bread is full of sugar. The sauce is full of sugar and salt. The vegetables at most places are rehydrated in buckets of salt water over night.

There is nothing healthy about fast food burgers.

nah dawg thats not how that works

>2017
>not eating at heart attack

>Just beef
Bless your heart

They are just high in calories.

You're right that it can cause cramping if you don't get enough, but anyone with a balanced diet is getting enough sodium from other sources. They don't need excess. It's a marginal concern however and I only cited it as the fresh burger you can make at home has less as well as tasting better.

Healthy food is a complete fucking meme
There's nothing unhealthy about eating fast food
It's unhealthy not to eat certain foods

It is how it works basically. Long as you keep in shape and don't do it too much, you can do some unhealthy things as well on occasion.

You aren't fucked unless you don't have a concept of moderation.

It's better to eat in mcdonalds than at your local kebab shop where Ahmed works, because that food can give you diarrhea, while mcdonalds has very strict sanitary standarts. Only eat fast food when you are hungry and need to choose between mcdonalds and some strange kebab shop.
To answer your question, yes they are unhealthy, you can't even expect their salad to be healthy because they put sugar all over it

I could for a week for €15

Eh, depends what you want to brand yourself as. You can do the classic fast food greasy joint or do the more hip approach and use premium quality ingredients.

The good quality burgers are becoming a pretty big deal here now, people are very bored of McDonalds junk. People are ready to pay premium for good quality, its a nice thing for sure.

>This meme

They're really not. It's the burgers and the fries. The burger is comparable to the calories you'd get from a homemade burger or meat and salad sandwich, albeit higher in sodium.

Just don't eat the fries or drinking the fucking soda.

God I want a fucking delicious burger. Thick double patties with bacon, cheddar, tomatoes, onions, lettuce, mushrooms and pickles...

This may be the most American post I've ever read on here

You have kebab shops is Russia?

eh i like in-and-out or whataburger occasionally.

but i mostly go to local burger joints. they tend to be 100% better for a little above the price of fast food

Says the country that eats kangaroo burgers.

burgers per se is not the problem.

The problem is sugar, sugar in ketchup, sugar in the gurk, sugar in the bread, sugar in the sauce, sugar sugar sugar.

Then you drink half a liter of the sugary jew with the meal, and drive the 300 meters to the burger joint instead of walking.

The SALT you fucking retarded pieces of shit*

*not actually a salty post

They're probably more fat than actual beef. When I make burgers at home I only use 6-7% lean ground beef, at that point it's mostly protein you're eating. Fast food burgers are probably like 65-35 fat-beef ratio and that's a best case scenario

Last time I went to taco bell they had stopped using meat. They were using a meat like paste.
Anyway, your big 3 McDonalds, Booger King, and Hardees all use better quality ground beef than you find in a grocery store. I prefer to buy ground sirloin though.

>good quality burgers are becoming a pretty big deal here now
Same deal here, we've had a real renaissance of proper burgers for the last couple years. Quite expensive though, so they're more "treat yourself once a month" rather than "lunch every other day".

Well said. I hate anything with that disgusting pink slime. It is the cigarette industry of the 21st century.
FUCK YOU PINK SLIME
That shot is the grossest thing in the planet

I always get water unless soda necessarily comes with it. I hate paying for soda, its the most marked up thing at food places.

Fries are fine though.

>mushrooms on a burger
Shameferu. Mushrooms on are only allowed by law on bacon, sausage, and fried egg sarnies

>phase one of take over Russia is complete.

Than don't eat one every fucking day. I eat fast food a few times a month and I'm pretty slim

Kebab shops are all over the world, man. They're usually tasty too, if you have the guts (pun intended).

>What is so bad about it?
>the bun
>the cheese
>the meat
>the sauce

Just blame your weight on genetics bro

Roo is good grub. You can get roo steaks over here now.

>be russian
>have to save rubles for an entire month to have a burger

Y tho

Mushrooms are good on everything

Industry person here.
Sugar tastes good. So does salt. And fat.
Sugar is cheap. They pump it into the bread.
The burger part isn't "bad" so much as the sugar surrounding it.

What's roo meat taste like?

I had kangaroo jerkey once. There is a different taste than other meat.

DO NOT BUY HAMBURGER IN THE TUBE
I worked at Iowa Beef. That's what goes into the tubed burger meat. Pink slime. The good stuff goes to the clear wrapped stuff on trays.

They're greasy and loaded with sodium. Sodium content is the major reason why fast food (and instant home meals) are unhealthy.

On 2nd thoughts, you're right. I'll have to try it.

worst threat used to be the french fries
potatoes are brown underground and absorb all the pesticides.
some pretty nasty ones too

but that goes for all inorganic potatoes

I don't get preservative hate.

Before preservatives became common, food poisoning from spoiled ingredients was pretty fucking common.

This. Never eat fries and never drink soda.

Ranch is good on everything. I once knew a guy who put ranch on doritos.

So I think I go to BK 2-3 times a month. What are the long term health risks involved?

Reminded me of game meat, sort of like venison, strong flavour

Basically it depends the burger. If it has white bread and mayo, it's bad. Ketchup mustard and a lettuce bun, it's good.

But then again we eat way more red meat than the rest of the world too

I think Wendy's uses the best meat out of all of them

Of course you can go, but now we are talking about different countries and higher quality burgers in general.
The place im talking about has 15 euro burgers, 3 euro parmesan fries and a craft beer for about 5 euros. Its expensive but its more like a treat for yourself rather than "just eating somethig fast" at McDo.

Its good to hear, if you end up visiting Finland check out Roslund, its the company Ive been talking about. Freshly butchered meat, at least in the place next to the slaughter house.

drinks with high sugar content are far worse than burgers.

have a burger with a nice tall glass of water and you'll be fine.

*grown underground

and they banned many of bad pesticides not so long ago.

Nutritionally, they have their good and bad points (like any meal item).

They tend to be loaded with protein and saturated fats, which are very useful to growing men. Cholesterol as well (which is a necessary building block for testosterone production), depending on what you load on. Vitamin value can tend to be questionable.

Anyone bitching about sodium just needs to drink more water. That's it.

Yes, burgers often have high calorie counts, but of course meat and cheese will (both nutritionally useful ingredients). Of course bread will (some of the highest calorie ingredients).

Anyone who complains about burgers being bad doesn't have the knowledge which implores calorie evaluation. Most fast-food restaurants have calorie lists online. Many/most restaurants have caloric notes. You can count the calories in home-made burgers.

If you eat at maintenance, you won't gain or lose weight. If you eat under your TDEE, you will lose weight (yes, even on burgers).

You can even have fries too, if you don't eat like a fat fuck.

Everyone in this thread fuck off to

>>/fit/

read the sticky, then think about the last two meals you ate.

>Fries are fine though.

In terms of nutrition? No.

You don't need them, you're better off getting another burger.

Despite all the steps a lot of fast food franchises have made to make them better they're still empty calories.

If you have a balanced diet and aren't fat go for it though. Fries here and there aren't going to do shit.

Thanks desu

Everything in a burger is either packed with sugar and/or salt. Plus a Whopper has at least 1000 calories.

>take over Russia
We're already more american than US.
Coffee & donut diners, custom burger joints, stripmalls, muscle cars, highscool sports teams, overseas military campaigns, charismatic presidents, nuclear family. Everyone here always wishes we were more western but we are already essntially 50s USA with a bit of birch trees and bears instead of bald eagles.

Dumb faggot.

Mushrooms, Decent Beef, caramelised onions and swiss cheese on a brioche bun is fucking delicious.

I believe it

I love my sandwiches and burgers loaded to the tits. More meat, more veg, more flavor, more texture

I was talking from a british perspective, but the answer to your questions is yes, we have kebab shops, kebab is called shaurma or shaverma here, because it's an arabic loanword.
We used to have a lot of these in the 90s and 00s, now I only see them at railway stations. I believe they got shut down for neglecting sanitary standarts

>implying that is not what we want
>implying we are not trying to Americanize Russia.

Most boring Sup Forums thread ever.

i fucking love a well made fast food burger
there's nothing I hate more than a burger patty that looks like the souls of the damned

There aren't roo burgers here, not that I've seen anyway.

Roo meat is way too lean to make a decent burger.

I don't understand, it's still beef, albeit it it's basically a paste at this point, but are you suggesting it's not just beef?

>try to order just a burger
>SIR WOULD YOU WANT FRIES AND A SODA
>no
>ITS JUST 10 CENTS MORE
>no
>BUT ITS SUCH A GOOD DEAL
>....

>implying we aren't all just mates

No need for petty squabbling. Save your vigor for the globalists.

Pink slime is not beef

>fat from the beef
>fat from the cheese
>sugar and salt from the condiments

That's before the french fries and soda.

If people just ate the bun, meet and veggies with hot sauce then it would be fine. But you add cheese, ketchup, barbecue sauce, mayo, french fries and it adds up.

>order a burger and a cup of coffee
>SIR WOULD YOU LIKE AN XXXXL FRIES WITH THAT?

it accumulates in your body and causes you problems when you are older.

German burgers are best.

roo taste like fucking shit

like ground liver and bark

It's a complete myth that fast food is unhealthy.
Unhealthy compared to what? If you're not eating fast food and you cook for yourself, what are you going to put in your food? Salt, sugar and fat.
Too much salt is bad for you. Too much sugar is bad for you. Too much fat is bad for you.

Someone who eats fast food is not inherently less healthy than someone who cooks their own food.
With fast food you'll just get the most bang for your buck. Don't eat 10 burgers a day and you'll be alright.

Wrong

So what is it?

>problems when you are older
Without them you wouldn't even get older.

rekt

Take some chuck steak and mince it, it'll be about 250 calories every 100 grams. The bun will be higher in calories and most likely the cheese will be comparable. Mustard and ketchup have fuck all and the salad is a non factor in terms of calories.

The reason fast food has so much sugar and salt is due to the preservatives in the buns and meat.

It's why it's better to make it at home.

Yes they are really that unhealthy. But I agree with some of the guys here, if you want to eat one don't order fries and soda as well. That shit just makes it a lot worse. You can easily eat one days worth of calories in one meal with that.

all potatos are organic you fucking mong

Fast food is much less healthy for you. A combo meal at McDonald's is more calories than two pounds of chicken breast and two pounds if veggies. These dense caloric meals cause retards to overeat.

Jesus Christ, mate. Turn down the heat, don't overcook it and let it rest.

You'll thank me. It's actually a lovely meat when cooked right. It's just very temperamental and will push your shit in if you overcook it.