Why do millennials still live with their parents?

Why do millennials still live with their parents?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hER0Qp6QJNU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

why does the UK still take in muslims?

>need experience to get a job
>can't get a job without experience

boomers hogging the jobs until they croak also

His fake ass teeth are so fucking distracting. They look ridiculous

Im 27 and i still live with my parents, while working full time.
Trust me, it's impossible to leave, atleast, in this country.

The ones that work, have to pay high taxes to pay for Laquisha's 10 nigglets food stamps.

Why is Steve-O still a child even when he already moved out?

Shitty parents. We live in an age where parents aren't pushing their kids and entitled little shit stains think everything should be free. We live in the entitlement era where everyone feels they shouldn't have to work, they shouldn't have to pay for college, health care should be free, etc.

Honestly boomers are usually more competent

Noone has any money

If you look at basically whole of Hollywood, they moved out with 12 years, but they can't keep a partner for a year, they aren't really a sing of healthy society. So this argument that moving out will improve society is beyond dumb.

I could live on my own, paying rent to a Jew landlord, utilities, etc and barely break even, or I could live at home and put all of my earnings into savings and buy land and build my own home in a couple years. Hmm really makes you think.

>yes goy, only losers live at home with their parents, go out and rent an expensive apartment downtown. Don't forget to share pictures with all your friends on FaceBerg!

King Nigger gave them so much hope and change that they don't need jobs.

There's less than 3 million people like that. The reason why USA is degenerate and corrupt is because of rich people, they created the USA of today. Neets don't orchestrate gangbang parties It's 100% rich people's fault. They moved out and thrown shit into people's faces just because they had money, now nobody in USA feels like building up any normal life.

how else would i play vidya and smoke weed everyday?

I've lived both on myself (one of the first to do so in my social environment) and with my parents.

Every person I know that lives on his own in the city either got the house from mommy and daddy or some other free government handout.

I know mentally retarded people who got a free house with paid for welfare and all while hardworking people like my friends have to wait on an eternal list. A list where outsiders, refugees and criminals get priority over. Running you delays for a top spot for years.

So far I've only seen adult people and spoiled children not recognize this. It's pure cancer and obviously guys are the only ones suffering

> city regulations fuck over young men
> no pussy wants to get fucked in parents house
> pussy gets to freeload and have her own place
> refugee, shitskins and mentally ill people get their own place
> women produce with stupid while white guys sit and watch in the corner
> so beta

almost impossible to buy a house these days and renting is expensive, I'd rather stay at home to study than take out 1000 student loans and be in debt the rest of my life

I believe the main reason is our parents had it so easy when they were our age, they thought it would last forever. 25 years later reality sets in and they realize all there frivolous spending was for nothing when there now adult children can't even afford to leave home. They will eventually come to the fact that their generation is responsible for everything wrong with the world. My dad himself can't even afford to retire till he's at least 75

Was getting ready to move then I injured my shoulder so couldn't work (massage therapist) for about 3 months. Was so close to being independent and I had it snatched out from under me. Currently looking for a new MT job to save up and leave.

Fucked up housing market.

The competition for jobs has left millenials in Europe working full-time in bullshit roles just for experience. I graduated 4 & 1/2 years ago and worked for £17k, and later £20-21k in 'graduate' roles (in London).

You simply can't move out and live on that money - but employers know full well that they can employ plenty of staff who, like me, were recent graduates and live with their parents.

Fortunately, I managed to get a strong graduate scheme with a major bank which pays a starting salary of about £32k, so I'll move out when I get started there, but had it not been for that massive lifeboat, I'd certainly feel like I was pretty fucked.

I honestly think it won't dawn on the boomers how fucked this generation is until 25-30% of their kids in their mid-thirties are unmarried, underemployed adult children staring them in the face.

pretty much this, I'm not going to take a student loan when the interest rates are high as fuck.

Didn't this guy die of a drug overdose not long after jackass

Hello, Baby Boomer. Now, before you post again, allow me to give you a firm handshake, look you in the eye and ask you for a job. I'm sure you will give it to me on the spot!

This. I can't wait for the days when as I say, 25% or more 35-40-year olds live at home with their parents, particularly if it hits the middle-class who complacently thought their kids would "end up just fine" because in their generation, so did everyone.

I can't get too preachy though. As a kid I genuinely thought, as I looked around school, that barring a few crazies, more-or-less everyone would end up with the middle-class office job, house, car, wife and two-and-a-half-kids. Now its an absolute massive fucking triumph if you get that.

Fucking this exactly. It's so true that it's hilarious. I cannot wait for baby boomers to fuching die off, holy shit.

>I honestly think it won't dawn on the boomers how fucked this generation is until 25-30% of their kids in their mid-thirties are unmarried, underemployed adult children staring them in the face.

They wont give a shit or take responsibility for the fucked up nations they left.

Fuck boomers and fuck their me attitude. You fucked the housing market just because you wanted some money to spend on some Jewish-owned and operated cruise ship package or a new car that lost half its value once you drove it off the lot. For all their "hippie" awakening bullshit, boomers have been the most consumerist retards and they will be until the end.

I have the utmost respect for the silent generation and those rare boomers who care about the future but fuck the majority of boomers.

How is this guy still alive
and he seems pretty chill and normal now.

>Baby boomers
>dying

they have mastered the art of the firm handshake

they are unstoppable

god himself dares not look them in the eye, in fear he may have to employ them

How is Mick Jagger still alive and how is he having still money after many wives and how is he having a baby last month? Money and blood transfusion.

Because i'm a NEET and leave the house once a month.

The day of the rope list 2017
>Muzzies
>Blacks
>Hispanics
>White liberals
>Boomers
They'll get what's coming to them.

Because there's a housing crisis.

Absolutely. One thing that really enrages me is how all these old ex-hippies/now dutiful consumerists slagged me off when I tell them about my career choice as well (I'm very open about the fact that I'm tired of fucking around earning peanuts and simply want to at the very least, get some decent coin for selling my life for 5 days a week - I don't give a shit about 'making a difference' or 'making an impact' and no, I'm totally unashamed about getting into the corporate finance world - I want my middle-class existence too motherfucker).

They give me all this 'chase your dreams' bullshit because they completely take for granted the idea that (when all is said and done and you're aged 35 or whatever), no-one ever *really* screws up. Their generation just never really had any failures or losers (apart from obviously very extreme cases).

As I look around my group of friends I can easily some people headed that way. Either unemployed or only employable in pocket-money zero-hours-contract jobs and so on.

I really, really, really hope these fuckers end up having to look at their own 30-something, still-living-at-home adult children and maybe, hopefully, perhaps, it might dawn on them, although I'm likely being hopeful, and you're probably right.

This. How dense is everyone really?

It's cheap. I make more than enough to live on my own, but that's basically throwing my fucking money away. Most of my friends have moved out of their parents houses by now and they're always broke as shit, they can't afford to do anything. In fact most of them are barely scraping by.

I saved up and bought a nice car with cash, and I can basically buy myself whatever I want on a whim without thinking twice about it. I take little mini vacations every other weekend, staying in luxury hotels. My friends can't believe that I can afford to drop $200 a night whenever I travel. I probably have more savings than anybody I know because I didn't have kids when I was a teenager and I live with my father.

iktf hermano.

Families are smaller, so there's more space for 2 generations loving in the she household. It's not just the housing market. People don't need to buy houses when they don't have late families

Basically this. Also what does it matter as long as you're not a deadbeat asshole? I get along really well with my parents and contribute to make things easier on them.

Society will always see you as a loser and will treat you with less respect. You'll be massively limited in terms of your social circle and certainly the women you can get.

If you really can manage to not care about that shit? That's fucking awesome, I envy you. But for most people its pie in the sky to ignore the fact that a functioning social identity, sexual success and the admiration of your peers does make you happier and improve your life.

Historically, the idea of moving out at eighteen was a brief outlier faciliated by creation of the automobile opening up suddenly vast amount of lands for residential occupation.

Boomers took this for granted since they were able to move out, and put no effort into maintaining the system when all the suburb-suitable land was sold and developed.

I fucked 10 girls on tinder easy. All in my mom's house. Just be alpha about it. If you make women feel annoying and unwanted, they'll not only have sex with you, they'll buy you food and shit and take care of you. I worked out hard and lost a lot of weight and grew a beard... basically did the same shit women do to men.

I love my current gf. And because she's not a total bitch, I'm slowly looking for a job and cashing in my neet bux for a normal life.

Tl;Dr if you think it's your living situation you're doing it wrong. Also hotels are only 70 bucks a night and you can just go straight to the hotel from wherever you picked her up. Also Latinas and Asians can forever live with family without any shame in it

Sorry pal, don't believe you.

You may well be telling the truth, but the odds of Mr Random on Sup Forums pol just making what you've said up simply far outweigh the odds of you telling the truth. Living at home in your mid-twenties is so synonymous with 'loser' and women will have better offers elsewhere. I've had a girlfriend for a couple of years (we met aged 23/24 and she was in the same situation as me) so it isn't impossible, but its still kinda 'hmm'.

Hope you are telling the truth. I'm sure you understand why I can't just take your word for it though. You see these claims on the internet but never really seen it IRL

>falling for the moving out meme

Do you even know why kids started moving out in the first place? It began in the 50s, in the US during the postwar economic boom. People could easily afford a house a few years after high school and this concept quickly became standard in the culture. Problem is that even after the boom ended people still carried on the practice and went into great debt. What we're seeing now is simply a return to the old way of things, which is for the best

Its the same with sources on everything

I live on my own. I have a great job and should be living comfortably.
Instead I get taxed at near 40 percent and after rent, gas, food, and utilities I'm broke as shit.

The only respite I have is my job requires travel so when I'm outside the U.S. I can save some money and the overtime helps put extra money in my pocket.

because it is free and dank

> thinking renting is cheaper than owning
> thinking buying a house is a good investment

When will they learn

because im stacking my money to make more money instead of throwing it in the trash (renting an appartment)

Worth a watch:

youtube.com/watch?v=hER0Qp6QJNU

I get the concerns for economic viability, but don't you people have any desire for independence? It is a natural aspect of normal cognitive development after all. I'd feel suffocated and emasculated having to live with and rely on my parents as an adult.

Thanks to minimum salary. Just get a shit job as a temp for low pay. Quit after a year. Boom, experience.

>Can't dedicate a single year of their lives to selflessly serve others for low pay... and still believe the world owes them something.

You make money and don't you help your parents with the house expenses?

wtf's wrong with millennials man?

I went to one of the best private high schools in the country, graduated 9 years ago.

This is where most of the people in the same year as me are at now:
>Half are doing shit-tier jobs, underemployed, or unemployed
>A quarter are doing 'ok' office jobs that are an insult to their intelligence (most of these were through family friends, not their actual qualifications)
>An eighth are doing something like medicine where they were able to get a decent job on their own merits
>The last eighth sit around in an office all day getting paid 200k+ per year doing absolutely nothing because their dad owns the company and frequently go on facebook and tell the majority that they "shouldn't settle"

So 0% actually tried having their own business and actually create jobs for others?

I think we're getting somewhere

Because people go to college and get degrees in useless subjects (example: anthropology) and then complain when there'a no good paying job available for a lazy facebook turd who wants to change the world one 20 min YouTube video at a time.

Why have you been posting this exact same thread with the exact same image for over 2 years now?

>Create a business
>Without any money
Come on Urgay you can do better than that.

Also the eighth including the medical professionals are the ones who did that - a lot of them opened their own practices and one guy did locksmithing and has his own business too - but he got the starting money from his dad.

>1 post by this ID

Bot thread.

Sage

This bot has been posting this same thread and image for 2+ years. Why?

If my child wants to stay in my house after reaching 18 years of age, I have failed as a parent.

>god himself dares not look them in the eye, in fear he may have to employ them

I have a son. I don't see any problem with him living at home for as long as he needs or wants. I have no intention on living like some worthless Boomer spending all my wealth on degeneracy and garbage. Any parent ought to feel the same for his brood.

Baby boomers are the literal nigger spoiled children who ended up selling the rest of America to ZOG and Shekel's United.
I will sleep soundly knowing that these useless members of society will die off.

>>Without any money

You mean like half of businesses in the world have ever started?

For real. I fucked a chick I've known since elementary school seven years ago. She lived with her parents but she was 20 at the time, not that bad. But I hit her up a couple days ago because I want to fuck her again and low and behold she still lives with her parents 7 years later.

There's a big difference between "wanting to" and "being able to"

no, that was ryan dunn.
and it was not a drug overdose, it was a car overdrove.

steve 0 actually got sober after jackass 2 or something and has been in recovery since.

Easy, Because i like it.

idk
guess i'm some kinda loser or somethign,
i dont know

It's your parent's fault... why aren't they pushing you out of the nest? Are they waiting to be too old to take care of you? Are they hoping parenting will run its course without input of their own?

The nest analogy doesn't work. Birds don't need money

If my parents expects any support after 60 they have failed as a parent.
live on your own :^)

>separated parents
>"father" threatens me with kicking me out the moment i turn 18
>eat shit, fag, I pack my shit and move to my grandma's house.
>he threatens me, insults me and my mother
>lawsuit incoming, glad you wrote all those texts
>he pays me mad child support for 6 more years as long as i partake in any form of education/training

>being this fucking retarded

Low-level positions are the ones that want fucking years of experience, moron.

I have a master's in IT security - pointless, I know, but I also picked up a handful of certifications along the way. Should be enough to at least get me a low-level IT job, right?

Fucking wrong. I can't even get a job answering the phones at a help desk. This shit is fucking terrible. I worked my way through college, too, so now I'm 29 with a degree I got 3 years ago that I haven't been able to use and I've been working since I was 16 with nothing to show for it.

Don't fucking talk shit faggot, you don't know what the fuck is going on around you.

Which pretty much sums up Sup Forums in a nutshell.

My father kicked me out at 15, while I was in jail he got locked up for a few years so I went back when I was released. When I was 18 I was officially banned from my childhood home (so I would not end up dependent on them). Hated them for it because I was living day to day at that point (basic crim shit, bounce back and forth between safe houses, hit a nice lick and live cushy for a few months then back to the bullshit when cash runs low). Eventually I found an honest woman (so of course I lied my ass off and pretended to be as normal as possible until she became too attached to leave) and put a few kids through her. She's a career woman, I'm still me at the end of the day.

I digress, if I hadn't been pushed into manhood by my parents I would be fucked right now. It sucks to struggle but you really do come out stronger for it if you make it through.

>Why do millennials still live with their parents?
>Captain Hope-and-Change didn't deliver

I almost wanted to spoonfeed you jobs that pay well but you went to college for IT like a retard.
Have a riddle, as a token of my charity.
>if you want a job look to the sky.

Entry level jobs don't pay enough to live on your own anymore.

They look like Juicy Fruit chewing gum

You're full of shit, live in some Podunk town in Arkansas and are unwilling to travel, a combonation of the 3 or that's a degree from Full Sail. All of my friends that do I.T barely have degrees or non at all. This post is completely retarded and so are you.

This.

>just go to college and get your degree :^)
>apply for mid-level job with degree
>"We're looking for 10+ years experience"

>just work a temp job for experience :^)
>apply for entry-level job
>"Sorry you are overqualified, we can't hire you"

This 100%

>savings and buy land and build my own home in a couple years

And commute 3 hours to your Goy job?

Because the economic realities of fifty years ago do not pertain to the present day.

Before the Industrial Revolution, it was natural for families to remain geographically close, with multiple generations living under the same roof.

Waiting for the next housing bubble to burst.

Been living on my own since I was like 18/19.

>Living at home in your mid-twenties is so synonymous with 'loser' and women will have better offers elsewhere

That's an American thing mate.

Because they're 17 or younger

I did a year at Mickey ds.
Got fired for telling customer to fuck off.
A week later the fast food joint closes for health violations.

Fast forward 2 years.
I apply at chipotle, go thru 3 Fucking interviews just to tell me I'm overqualified.....I'm over qualified to flip tortillas.
Fuck corporate amedika

>flipping burgers and mixing lattes counts as experience

This. Even more pathetic is the people who break their bank just to chase that image that was planted in their brain. Two very close friends of mine, smart, college educated, independent, decent paying jobs each found lovers and got married around age 25 to other people who were smart, college educated, independent, decent paying jobs. Already with massive debt due to college they decided to pile on even more by buying homes. Within several years they each had children, planned. Now I get to hear how flat broke they are and how difficult life is with a child. All because.....what? Love will make things work out? Because you were told that normal is having kids? Why?

>Living at home in your mid-twenties is so synonymous with 'loser' and women will have better offers elsewhere.
And so will I, there's easily 120~ million women i find attractive, so she can fuck right back off.

>get cyber security degree
>work for DoD
>bomb builder
>volunteer firefighter in free time
>working on masters in Emergency management
>changing military job to emergency management next month
>retire at 38 (8 more years!)
>have masters in EM plus 12 years relevant experience
>get military retirement while working for homeland security
>no college debt

Might as well call you smuckers you so jelly

Those jobs are for laborers with no education and little to no experience. Yes, you are overqualified and need to find a job in the field you studied for.

>that quote

And then Hannibal and all of Carthage got their shit pushed in.

>Sorry, but we're looking for someone with more experience.

You now the solution user
We all now the solution.

Are you a retard, friend?

Maybe dont get married and have kids if youre 25 and still have debt

Cause rent's fucking expensive.