Is this the most degenerate book of the 20th century?

Is this the most degenerate book of the 20th century?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=catcher in the rye pedophilia
warosu.org/lit/thread/S4570057
postflaviana.org/a-pedophile-fantasy-in-the-rye/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How in the world is being 16 yo degeneracy?

more like idiot in the rye

If it's the only book you've ever read, then yes.

It's about Freemasonry and being a Pedo.

No, it's totally red pilled, that kid isn't a stupid faggot like millennials were as kids
Yeah this post totally true mmhmm didn't just make that up at all

you fags and your "red pilled" bullshit...

You talk as if caulfield is portrayed in a good light. You are supposed to dislike that little piece of shit.

>I am unaware
>It's made up

No, but it's rather dull and over rated.

>>>/reddit/

>2012+5
>reading (((books)))

ISHYGDDT

But where do the ducks go in winter?

>spoiled ass kid growing up on Park Ave spends his days rebelling against his privilege and engaging in degeneracy.
>this is redpilled

lel

What part of the book is about either of that

Have you even read the book?

This, partly. I'd say Holden Caulfield is supposed to be a bad example, but you can still somewhat relate to him.

>I don't like the main character because he's rich
SJW detected

Dare I say you google "catcher in the rye" and "pedophilia."

It's called symbolism and reading beyond the simple surface story.

Yes. And studied it. That's why I don't think it's just a story about a kid at a school.

ha ha

How's high school treating you? See, I assume you're in high school because you totally give off the vibe of having just read Catcher in the Rye and omg you soooo totally relate to Holden Caulfield and REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE people just don't understand you!!!!!

most of Catcher is well written, but Franny and Zooey is a lot better.

Raise High the Roof Beam has some funny parts too.

And his short story collection has a bunch of great shit.

I don't come here often, because /lit/ is so full of pseudo intellectuals, but today's not so bad. Usually I hang out with the neanderthals in Sup Forums because, as fucked in the head as they are, you don't have to put up with the pretentious shit in this board.

When I read it in high school I would joke that the point of the assignment was to show us teenagers how whiny we are, like you're supposed to hate Holden. but looking back at it, Caulfield is mentally ill and suffering a crisis. The scene that sticks in my head is when he visits his old teacher, probably the only support he could find at that point, and ends up running away at the first sign of affection. Maybe he was molested in the past?

I should give it another read.

no, its a good book

I'm not googling your argument for you
And leave to a Sup Forumsack to think a book about a teenager running around New York is symbolic for pedophilia
Nice argument

most people hate the kid because he's an overly dramatic, whiny faggot cunt

Bingo.

I could care less that he's rich. Good for him and his family. Parents must be hard workers, and they must really love him if they spend all that money sending him to the best schools.

He's just an ungrateful whiny beta bitch.

>Scared of new information
>on Sup Forums

Get the fuck out of here you fucking loser.

There are many many many sources available. If you care googling it is the best way to inform yourself.

>doesn't care
>back to the bubble

That's actually an interesting take on it.

if it was a modern novel all he'd be catching is poz loads

Wealth has nothing to do with it. He's a sheltered pussy who runs off to the city to be a degenerate, fucking hookers and wasting his young life, because he hates his parents. He's the 1960s version of a liberal sjw cuck with no sense of direction or goals. He's literally degenerate scum, making the world around him deal with the consequences of his actions as he "finds himself".

This book was redpilled imo.

It's a blue pulled normie finding out how the world works for the first time and how utterly asinine it is. He just wants to j is truth and have something to hold on to but no one can give him a straight answer or interact with him in a meaningful way.

He slowly begins to realize that most people aren't thinking for themselves and few have wisdom, and those that do tend to abuse it.

He gets redpilled and realizes that there is goodness in the world and that people are just people. He sees there is goodness in people That doesn't leave them as they age, Now that he's maturing it's on him to protect that goodness.

He did have some trouble in his past I believe. Wasn't it relatives passing away?

Having trouble connecting to people and places would actually explain why he's left so many schools.

Holy shit just tell me why you think the book is about pedophilia

if i remember correctly his brother died

You are on the right track.

Look into the pedophilia symbolism of the book next time you get a chance.

google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=catcher in the rye pedophilia

Some suggestions are better than others, the Red Ice Radio segment is good I believe. Haven't heard in awhile.

TheRedPill/

If you relate to him psychologically you're still a kid. Caulfield spends the entire novel criticizing everything. Everything is bad, everything is wrong, everything is shit, everything is unworthy, everything must change. He's corrosive, is constantly questioning everything even when he doesn't have a fucking clue about why things are the way they are and that's why he can't relate to anybody.
He's the typical spoiled little shit who needs to grow some perspective and appreciate what life is giving him.

But, again, considering what's happening in our current universities, I wouldn't be surprised if he was revered as some hero by a lot of young people.

It's a pretty fucking shitty book and it's awfully odd how it worked its way into so many Western curricula along with To Kill a Mockingbird

We have a winrar

>the constant freudian "perspective" on literature
just, no.

Shit I read this book when I was an edgy 15 year old. I don't even remember much about it anymore. What was it even about? All I recall is that some kid at a boarding school goes on winter break and walks around town, talks with his Jew teacher, and something about tennis. Don't remember anything past that.

He's literally Sup Forums the character. You need to take a step back

>Sup Forums is one person

this, only edgy teens can relate to him

People reject whatever they are given. I can tell by your responses already that no matter what I write you will just disagree.

They either go after it themselves or I don't give a shit.

Google is right there.

still waiting for someone here to give a proper synopsis of the book

>But, again, considering what's happening in our current universities, I wouldn't be surprised if he was revered as some hero by a lot of young people.

The ironic thing about this book is that every person I know in my high school class that actually liked this book are total fucking normies now. top kek.

>Everything is bad, everything is wrong, everything is shit, everything is unworthy, everything must change

Sounds like Sup Forums

Let me rephrase that.

He's a characterization of the traits that Sup Forums tends to embody.

I dont think it is about him being a spoiled kid, it is about a kid that doesnt or cant grow up like people his age do. He doesnt want to become what the rest becomes thats why he hates them.

see pick related, he doesnt want to become an adult

nobody has ever read it

I don't know its more like everything was fine lets invite all the Abdul Mohommads.

Holden was a million times more redpilled than all the phonies on this board. It kills me, it really does.

Actually, it sounds like Anita Sarkeesian.

You're right. I read the book when I was 17, and I actually related to him. When I read it again at 22, the connection was entirely lost.

>t. Currently in high school and reading the book now.

You have to be 18+ to be on Sup Forums.

That's because only edgelords hate the book.

That reminds me of all the guys in my lit class who would claim they "study poetry in their free time."

Bunch of unskilled losers compensating.

All right, then tell me.

you can be 18 and in high school.

Here's something to peruse if you're interested in seeing an entire board of pseudo intellectual /lit/libs get unequivocally assblasted by a single Spenglerian
warosu.org/lit/thread/S4570057

Reminds me of pic related. Excellent view into the mind of a total degenerate asshole whom you're NOT supposed to model your life after.

I don't blame you; youve obviously matured past the need to identify with him.

That doesn't mean it never should've meant something to you though.

Whatever makes you cumphy not looking into anything I said.

Whatever your definition of "edgelord" may be, I'd rather be that than a fucking 9-5 wage cuck normie.

>making the world around him deal with the consequences of his actions as he "finds himself".
this was ((their)) plan all along

Book sucks dick. I'm glad someone stole that book from me

Exactly. That's why the book is pushed by the powers that be at a specific age group.

It's a programming book like 1984 and Brave New World.

How so? He lost his boner when he saw how young the prostitute was.

The book never said that anything Holden Caulfield did was right or good, he gets scolded for being a cynical edgy fedora by his sister at the end of the book.

>reading the paper jew
Books are for retards

Take it easy /r9k/

You should read the book. You'll actually enjoy reading about this kid. He gets real pissed about Chad fucking his oneitis and dropping her.

>TKAM
That one is mandatory at most high schools because muh niggers

>It kills me, it really does.
heh

Yes. Pure filth.

I am Holden caulfield.

lol you're on Sup Forums right now

>phonies
Fuck I hate the dialogue in this book

It literally never "meant anything" to me. Then again, I was a fucking winner in high school. Two-time all state athlete, dated the captain of the cheerleading squad, graduated 3rd out of 200 in my private school class. Just a fucking winner. I did not identify with whiny beta faggots like Holden Caulfield.

I don't hate the book. It's actually good because Caulfield is so one-dimensional. For that reason, you can tell a lot about people by the way they react to it.

And for some teens, it is actual an antidote. I'd actually say every person should read it when they're 15-18 and again when they're +22-24.

Do you like racemixing with Asians?

When you have a dissenting opinion from Sup Forums it's hard not to see the it as a hivemind.

I read this book as a blue-pilled beta longing to know the truth and and loved it. It perfectly captures the disillusionment and the sense of detachment and frustration with society. Anyone who came to the red pill through an emotional event can relate to Holden, whether they're secure enough to admit it or not

>that flag

Moldova???????

To be honest I never really felt like killing John Lennon or Ronald Reagan after reading it. I guess it didn't work on me.

This is how normie Sup Forums is now.

Phones get off my damn board.

Here's a good start. These same guys do some podcasts on it and once you start down the rabbit hole you can just use google to find other takes on the same thing.

postflaviana.org/a-pedophile-fantasy-in-the-rye/

I don't know why you hate him. He is just a sad loser who can't give his life any meaning. I felt very identified the first time I read the book with 16 years old. That doesn't mean I kept being like that for the rest of my life...But I think the attitude is perfectly understandable. And if you don't understand it, you have never suffered in life or you lack the intelligence to understand the state of mind the book is trying to transmit.

Fair enough. The book simply isn't for you then.

No, it's literally the opposite. J.D. Salinger never intended Holden to be seen as a positive character.

Lol. Neither did the people left at the scene holding the book.

That's patently false.

This. Anyone who had goals never related to this whiny bitch boy who fucks up everything around him and keeps getting second chances. He's a loser, and if you related to him it's because you never understood living a life of intention and never bothered to try to be good at anything.

>most redpilled book

What? No.

It basically says that most people are fucking degenerate losers but ultimately there are still some good honest ones, so constantly shitting on everything doesn't help anything it just makes you miserable

>DUDE TEENAGE FREEDUMS LMAO

poor retard

And now?

A faggot with esteem so low he starts bragging at random times that have nothing to do with what others are talking about?

Is this the least degenerate book of the 20th century?

Sup Forums has definitely the same drivel has Caulfield, yes, but not everyone

and don't forget: one thing is to criticize something; another is to be nihilistically rejecting everything and deeming everything unworthy because one is seeking to be truly "authentic", "independent" or "free".

as*

No it isnt for fuck sake
Did you read the book?
Its about a kid being sooo drunk man im so druuunk and i smoooked so much cigarettes

Piss off

The book is Rorschach test of the highest order.

If you like Holden then you've managed to resist the world trying to crush your soul. If you think he's a whiny prick then you've already submitted to society. He's not supposed to be a positive or a negative character, he's just supposed to start a greater argument about whether Holden or the rest of the characters are right.

>another is to be nihilistically rejecting everything and deeming everything unworthy

aka Blackpill, which is the final destination for many on Sup Forums