How many of you are studying a STEAM degree right now?

How many of you are studying a STEAM degree right now?

Science
Technology
Engineering
Art
Math

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-hGo7j47HJ8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

weak bait

I'm doing biology but I suck at it.

>art
STEM is for majors that will actually get you a job

Mechanical engineering. 2nd year
>inb4 nice meme degree
>inb4 I'll be outsourced by Chinese or a poo in loo
>inb4 shitty American University doesn't prepare people to work as an engineer
What would you fuckers have me do? Marketing? What is even a good degree these days? I hear CS is a meme too but I have a few friends who graduated and are making close to 6 figures their first year working

its a bait thread
>art

Just make friends with people and do what your advisors tell you and you'll be fine.

Honestly I am embarrased by Sup Forums taking the bait for so many things. Even on Sup Forums there would be nobody taking it and they would laugh people out of town. Sup Forums on the other hand just says "it's bait", as if that isn't like saying "grass is green".

>STEAM
I like
better than only stem which inspires much wankery

> art

B A I T
A
I
T

lowenergybait.png

why is art included?

>2nd year
>thinks he's actually STEM

KEK

>Bachelors degree in accounting
>2 years working in the field
>studying for my CMA exam
>make $52k a year

Not bad, hopefully after I get my CMA I can make real money

Actually STEM graduates have employment rates about the same as non-Stem graduates. There is this belief that a STEM degree is worth more than other degrees, but it's pretty much a myth.

What really happens is you end up working your ass off for salary, often putting in upwards of 50-60 hours a week, only to get replaced by some Pajeet who will do it for half after you've laid all the ground work. I know because I do this to STEM dweebs all the time. Companies bring me in to outsource their labor, we overwork the American Stem kiddies then show them the door.

>Art

>mech Engineering
Mah nigga
I hope to get into robotics, I have some experience with programming.

As an Ausie shitposter once eloquently put it:

STEM is what it sounds like, a stem that holds something up. It's functional, it perform a real job, it helps society.

STEAM is what it sounds like, a lot of hot air.

I just got my BA in Biology and was on the Dean's list my last semester and I can't find a job.

What am I doing wrong? Did I get meme'd?

>Did I get meme'd?
Yes.
I've got a Physics degree, I got memed just as bad.

Nice gatekeeping

Remove the A, Its important, no doubt, but is not in the same category as STEM.

I have a Chemistry master's degree.

Became ill after a year in and could barely finish it, so my grade wasn't great at the end and I can't really use it.

Double major math and philosophy here, same boat. I worked so hard for five years and I can't find a good job.

Tfw I was meme'd.

>math and philosophy
What the hell were you expecting?

Is network administration a viable degree path and is it part of STEM? (technology)

Those two majors are ultra useful if you if you are going for doctorate? Did you just get a masters? You need a doctorate for those mang.

youtube.com/watch?v=-hGo7j47HJ8

>math
>philosophy

What the fuck dude? Why would anyone hire you since you don't have any skills that are actually worth money?

>art

Fuck you

>What the hell were you expecting?
replies

Kek

>STEAM
Phd in cs:go with a focus on wall hax

petroleum engineering

also
>art

>CS majors false flag that CS is a meme job
>their salary raises due to less competition

I have a good job with the same degree. You're not good enough at lying to people in interviews. G

what do you mean? what sort of lies do you tell? Straight up lying about experience and skills or sort of half truths?

10/10

I was an English major (graduated a couple years ago)
>tfw only 55k/yr

Get acquainted with screw theory and duality as quickly as you can.

Junior in biochem

Arts not even close to the others

Pure math and pure philosophy is super dope if you know what you are doing.

Mech Eng here, finished school in May, employed since early July.

Have some pro-tips:
>1
At most schools, 3rd year is byfar the hardest year, as that's when people do things like Thermodynamics, Heat/Mass Transfer, and Fluid Mechanics. For me, 4th year was the easiest, but your mileage may vary.
>2
Do fucking internships. Apply EVERY summer to EVERYTHING you can find. Having an internship makes it MUCH easier to get your first job. You will also get paid for it since you choose a cool degree.
>3
Your GPA matters as far as being under or over 3.0 and 3.5. My school gave both a major and a cumulative GPA. If yours does too, always use the better one.
>4
Learn at least 1 3D modelling software well. Inventor, Solidworks, and Creo are all standard. It's good to be familiar with all 3 since Inventor and Creo are free for students, and Solidworks is easily pirated.
>5
Try to apply to bigger companies when starting out, since they generally pay better and can use the money while young, albeit at the trade off of often being soulless. That being said, take what you can get, within reason.
>6
Learn to write a resume now.
>7
I personally had many more callbacks from recruiters and companies on Monster than I did through Indeed and Careerbuilding. Applying directly on a company website is always best.
>8
Never pay for a Master's Degree. If you ever get one, get a company to pay for it.
>9
You will use a very small part of what you learn in school.
>10
You will not know jack shit at your internships and first job. That's okay.

Environmental Science, on my last semester. No internships, so I might have to start off with one when I graduate.

I'm a chem major. I'm just learning enough to make good meth then heading down to Jacksonville to live easy.

>Pepe fucking wojak's too intelligent brain?

Wut?

>both a major and a cumulative GPA

haha I love this
I have a 4.0 in my major

Tech is about to crash btw, change to a different major or you'll graduate into a tech depression.

>BA
>non-pre-med pure Biology

There's your answer. Should've done computational bio or biochem.

Half truths, overselling the degrees to get your foot in the door somewhere. Use your research and logic skills to outwork all the Stupids. Shine like a diamond in a pile of normie turds.

I'm working as a test engineer with RF now. You probably have the skillet to do anything you want with a few weeks of research of you do have a math and philosophy degree. Apply for programing jobs or something, talk up discreet math, explain why it's high level programing with a different syntax. Kiss ass. Whatever you have to do to get paid.

I've worked management, sales (don't do this) , programing, metrology to an RF test engineer since I've gotten out.

You really just have to give the person interviewing you warm and fuzzies.

busy with business

t. Freshman

Don't you know? Cuckolding is the thinking man's fetish.

*2nd semester sophomore :^)

My degree is a weird hybrid of software engineering and computer science. I'm done with it and just looking for internships now.

I might just buy an Azure sub and just work from home in my overpriced jobs like a good jew.

>BA
>Biology

Holy shit you're fucked

FUD

What makes you say that? Source?

I stand by what I said with Junior year, you get a lot of tough stuff at once.

Computer Science

Sub 3.0 gpa because history and english classes are not interesting enough to go to

>tfw nobody will hire me

Just smoke pot and watch Dawkins youtube videos bro.

Science, Tech, Engineering, Art, and Math?

I prefer to call it Art, Intersectionality, Diversity, and Science, or AIDS for short.

Civil engineering. 2 years and this semester will be my last.

very good advice

>putting lame ass art with those uber categories
fuck off

Packaging Engineering. Feels good desu

I'm expecting it to be difficult but, every semester I improve my study habits so I think I can maintain my trajectory.

>How many of you are studying a STEAM degree right now?
Me, made a thread related to it before I saw this one.

BS in Biology here and its fairly easy to find entry level lab jobs and the like
You picked the wrong degree program

I am working for Biology, want to work in a research lab even if I am a low flunky because I didn't go to graduate school.

Because I am a weaboo and love Japan, I am considering moving there to get a job, they have after all produced very quality research there (e.g. Shinya Yamanaka). I am autistically learning Japanese right now, I wonder if I get good enough that I could translate scientific papers and articles as a side job, if not full time.

Does anyone know of the job outlook for something like that in Japan?

Take a job as a secretary clerk and when applying for IT jobs translate the transferable skills.

>I did information networking for company X for 2 years
>do not forget about A+ and C++ certifications.
>If need be enlist in the federal reserves as a 17c

Tech is like oil, it goes in big cycles of boom and bust. We just got a bunch of 100+million startups going bust this past few weeks if you were paying attention.

>What is even a good degree these days?
Electrical engineering. It's like mech except none of the memes you've mentioned apply.

There's powerful pharmaceutical companies in Japan. Probably would be hard to get a job like that in Japan unless its an international company because most likely all the work would have to be done in Japanese.

>tfw going into education
>tfw knowing you're never gonna make a lot of money but you do it because you enjoy it
>tfw lots of people look down on teachers and believe all of them teach because they couldnt cut it in the "real" world

Feels melancholy man.

Bachelor's or masters in CS?
I know it's a meme degree but I'm autistic enough to do good with coding

Mad respect for those who voluntarily go into education. It's a thankless job, but arguable one of the most important ones

Did Engineering but fuck that, too much theory and stress.

Decided to study Western history and perhaps become a politician. We need to ensure that we try things that worked before, and not repeat history's mistakes (i.e romans and their civic nationalism).

Become the change you want to be.

Masters after you get a couple years in the field
Don't fall for the straight to Masters meme as you'll be fucked if you don't have any work experience

>Decided to study Western history and perhaps become a politician.

this is a bad plan, user...

>So many bio students here
>They contribute nothing in our race threads
What the fuck Sup Forums? You guys could be useful.

Yes that's what the JLPT N! test is for.

IT degree here

it ain't worth it desu, i hate programming and it's soulcrushing but it's the only thing that makes money these days

i wanted to be the next dude who made an app and made billions of dollars off of it but i already know i'm not smart or competent enough to do it.

STEAM degrees suck, everyone already invented the greatest stuff, the car, the plane, the rocket. My pops also works at an aircraft company & he and my great uncle worked on GPS in the 80s & 90s.

I dunno. I feel like I'm not achieving in this field. It's either take a random job fixing computers or pray someone donates to the projects I'm working on.

what do bros?

dude great choice you can now go everwhere you want and still be employed so don't about waht people say you'll be useful everwhere on earth

Does my minor matter a lot or should I get math minor
Wasn't most college math bullshit?

You're right, but i've got a business to inherit either way so fuck it.

math major at an ivy.

I'm not sure if I'll even find a job. I'm definitely not going to grad school though. Even an Ivy isn't guaranteeing you anything these days.

Just be a putnam fellow.

I'm focused in Biotech and Biochemistry not genetics, sorry. All I can tell you is that genetically racial groups exist but its more of a gradiant than hard lines.

BA in Bio? What does that even mean? I don't know if a single school in my province that offers bio as an art. And yes, everyone knows you can't work with a bachelor's in general bio. You either need to do some sort of specialty bio or to use it to get into graduate school.

if you had studied STEM you would know how this strategy will kick the company from behind in the future. very narrow sighted

how many things can a person fall for in one post

>app

when i hear someone in cs say this word I immediately assume their head is full of air

old childhood fried of mine switched from buisness to CS.
>ooh lets work on teh next angry birds. we will make millions!
>fails out

>steam

I'm an Arts Major and Art is a worthless major.
Linguistics

You can get a decent job with a BS in Bio but you're not going to be making a lot of money. BAs in Bio are absolutely fucked as your standard Bio jobs are lab related.

I don't have a GED or anything in my mid 30s and I'm too old to start now from the absolute bottom unless I'm masochistic and want to deal with age bias/discrimination. Hopefully in the next life I'm not fucked over during my formative years where I can hopefully be left alone in ordee to get a cool career as an engineer or something.

I was sort of baffled when I saw STEAM try to meme itself into existence, but there isn't anything I can do about it getting angry. I first saw it on this (well produced) kids show on Netflix from the dolls based on it (my gf collects them) and I guess in one way its obvious of the inclusion angle, but if I had a daughter or something I'd probably have her watch it to hopefully spark an interest in at least something, unlike yours truly.

Explain/ What exactly is that?

>art