What will you do when you get dropped from your health insurance?

What will you do when you get dropped from your health insurance?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/DjffIi2Pl7M?t=63
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

blame obama for trump taking away obamacare

get a job

Nothing. I'm a union carpenter, 28 years old and already have great health insurance

Jokes on you, my insurance is earned through my job, not handed out like wafers at communion.

Probably die of preventable disease and save the country money :D

This

Since I won't be finned annually for not having it, I'll actually put that towards something.

They will literally blame just Obama. In 2020 when the country is even more fucked up they will still blame Obama and say they need more time to MAGA.

>They will literally blame just Bush. In 2016 when the country is even more fucked up they will still blame Bush and say they need more time to Hope and Change.

I'm employed and I have private insurance

Don't get me wrong. I'm not an real fan of either side. To me they both pull the same shit for 8 years back and forth and nothing ever really gets done.

Weren't they always other alternatives than Obamacare?

Nothing, I work for a living so the ACA being scrapped doesn't affect me.

Welcome back to insurance caps and year long waiting periods for existing or chronic conditions. Better hope you don't get a nail through the hand and hit your max, or else you get to go through the lovely fun fucking times of juggling plans.

I'm pissed they're actually going through with this shit without putting forward any plans of their own besides OBAMA BAD US GOOD WE FIX IT.

I haven't seen a doctor in years

>implying I have health insurance

You mean when every other swinging dick taxpayer isn't responsible for my personal physical well being? Gee, maybe I'll take some personal responsibility and look after myself a bit better.

What are the dems going to do when TrumpCare works and the GOP get 20M new voters?

Jokes on you, I'm the working poor. I can't afford insurance since the affordaable care act.

i don't understand insurance. the idea of an insurance company is that they make money from your membership payments being greater than the cost of your claim on average. so why not just put the same monet aside ie save and pay for health care yourself? am i missing something here?

Trump’s current healthcare proposal, Paul Ryan is working with him on the new replacement they want to repeal and replace same day (or week)
-source: www.donaldjtrump.com/positions/healthcare-reform

Yes, all Obamacare did was require everyone to purchase insurance (that includes coverage for shit you will never need like pap smears and mammograms for men and prostate checks for women) or face a fine and made it so the insurance companies couldn't refuse someone coverage for a pre-existing condition. Then they all sat around scratching their heads wondering why insurance premiums went up after companies were forced to pay for ongoing expensive procedures.

American healthcare is fucked. Its not the insurance that is the issue. Its the ridiculously high rates for a simple trip to the hospital

Out of pocket healthcare costs are tens of thousands in the US for minor procedures. The insurance company can negotiate it down, unlike of a person

Do you even pay attention? Trump already stated he is leaving in Obama's protections.

stop fear mongering like the Tea Party did, you're a disgrace.

Stop spreading Fake News

Paul Ryan has a replacement plan he is finishing this week.

www.donaldjtrump.com/positions/healthcare-reform

Can't afford health insurance. Haven't been able to since ACA.

Waiting for trump to change that

>What will you do when you get dropped from your health insurance?
nothing, because i don't have any health insurance because Obama care is a scam and i actually stay healthy and have enough saved up incase of a major accident i don't have to depend on the state for give-mes

You can't get denied care in the ER. Then the people who can't pay walk away from bill. Hospitals pass the costs incurred by people who can't pay onto people who can. Insurance rates go up in response as well as attempts to declare procedures as medically unnecessary. This raises the number of people who get stuck with bills they can't pay. Repeat.

Insurance is THE problem.

>lmao at idiots who argue against universal healthcare by saying they don't want to pay for somebody else's procedures

Obamacare didn't outlaw insurance caps and sure as shit didn't lower wait times

but the amount they can negotiate couldn't possibly outweigh the excess and the risk of being fucked around. if you put money aside yourself you have 100% access to it with no excess.

ER visits are a small portion of total healthcare costs. I will not pay for a fatty's hip replacement or a smoker's chemotherapy.

And no, the hospital does not have to dramatically raise prices for insurance companies because of nigs skipping the bill after a trip to the ER. The costs are not that great, the sticker cost of american hospitals is just a bargaining tool for dealing with insurance companies

Have fun dying

In Bush's last term he pushed through legislation which allowed pharmaceutical companies in the US to make the prices on "life saving drugs and medicine" non negotiable forcing us to pay whatever ridiculous prices they want, then obama just made it possible for us to pay these with ACA. Perhaps if we just tell Big pharma to fuck off and sell it to us at the same price as other countries we wouldn't "need" that bullshit healthcare system half as much

So basically everybody could just deny Obamacare and pick any other insurance. This tells me that people wanted Obamacare over other insurances.

Too bad Big Pharma has a fucking death grip on it.

What if you get cancer

drug companies charging what they want isn't a problem though. lack of competition is the problem probably because if the fda ie some other government bullshit like patents

If you get hit by a truck

Same thing I did when Obamacare was passed and I lost my plan and doctor, I'll just get a new one because I work and have income

Without patents you will never get new drugs

The real issue is pharma companies charge americans and american insurers more than in many other countries, due to the fact that they have less bargaining power than foreign single payer systems. Over there, they charge enough for manufacturing; here we pay for manufacturing and R&D. A US law saying drug companies can't charge more in america than in Europe would force European systems to pay their share of the R&D, or face being ~20 years behind in medical science

He probably did it to himself

Keep my GPA up and maintain Uni health insurance ?

FUCK OUTTA HEEREEEEEEEEE

It only works when you have an aggregate pile of money to distribute across multiple people. You can't take an average of one.

I don't have health insurance. I can't afford hundreds of dollars a month for a thing I will never use. What I will do, is get to keep some more of my money because I will no longer be fined for not purchasing something I never wanted.

How in the hell do you justify forcing people to purchase a service they have no interest in?

Do you actually believe the bullshit you spew?

what's stopping another company from producing the same drug and charging less? All your stupid fucking laws and regulations.

You understand 1/10 of the problem and your opinion is thus irrelevant.

if on average most people spend more on insurance than they get back then it's a giant scam and you might as well just save the money yourself.

Without patents, every manufacturer can make a drug as soon as it hits the market. So the inventor, who put millions into it, makes no money. Without patents, you will not get new drugs. Yeah, 20 years without a generic version sucks. You know what sucks more? Never getting new medicine again.

The EU doesn't patent drugs? WTF are you talking about?

>hurr durr

Great argument. Buy one of these "affordable" things you don't even want, or else we'll take your fucking money anyway.

I won't because I have something called a job. Maybe you should try getting something like that, Tyrone

I like the way you think and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Get cheaper insurance with as much coverage because I won't be subsidizing fatties and smokers anymore

Mine is through my Job, faggot.

I said what I said and you're making me feel good about saying it.

The government has no right to force me to buy health insurance.

>I don't want a cushion in case something bad happens to me
I want you to get hit by a bus, and survive to see the bill.

You mean Rand Paul you fucking idiot

They literally did that.

Guys, I don't know if I can deal with this. We're literally going back to the dark, Obamacare deprived times of 2009 where bodies littered the streets and it was basically the wild west.

Bullshit. You want me to pay the premiums so you can be covered for not taking care of yourself. I have a right to refuse medical care. I have a right to decide what happens to my own body. If I get run over by a bus, I would prefer to die. I would not like you to plug me into machines and turn me into a financial burden on my family. I don't appreciate the government telling me I have to pay for a thing I will never use anyway.

But I won't because I am gainfully employed with an employer subsidy, thanks. You should consider being employed too.

>t.doesn't know how laws work
They'll set a date for it to expire and make the law now.
Then they'll be forced to either get new healthcare legislation for a bandaid until its finished or face the voters.

Not going to happen. Family owns our own lucrative business. Business provides insurance. Will laugh at those without.

Rejoice. My costs rose this year from 165/month to 310/month.

youtu.be/DjffIi2Pl7M?t=63

Fair point but i envision a system where competing manufacturers fund R&D together.

That's not what I said at all. European single payer systems tell pharma companies "we'll pay you Y euros for X drug and you can take it or leave it". It's enough to cover manufacturing but not research. So they just charge Americans more to make up for it

Except literally no one did that. and liberals were very happy with obama's term and where we are at this moment.

Get a short term health policy.
Renew every year until I get a condition.
Then get a long term health policy.

Alternatively

Get a job.

late 20s neet

lost health insurance at 26

number of fucks given since? absolute zero

health insurance is for people who can't into bodily regeneration

mfw cancer is a little bitch ass nigga

>Will laugh at those without.

Why? Beofre the ACA came aong and decided to fine me for it, my not paying for health insurance was literally never a problem. I got sick, I rested and recovered. If I was injured, I rested and recovered. I take care of myself well enough that I don't need to see a doctor for anything, ever. If something comes along that is going to kill me, be it a large piece of machinery or a deadly pathogen I can't repel on my own, then I will die. I don't spend thousands of dollars per year on a thing I never would use anyway; what's funny about it? I'll tell you what's funny about it, is that right now, I'll be paying almost a thousand dollar anyway, because I'm going to be fined this year for not buying a thing I didn't want. I will probably end up owing money this year rather than getting a nice sum back. All because I like to save money by not spending it on things I don't need. That's actually pretty funny.

Except you're wrong and liberals did exactly that anytime Black Jesus was questioned for piss poor policy decisions.

>B-b-b-b-b-but Bush!

You almost got me, motherfucker

>competing
>cooperating
>understands that patents are inefficient
>understands that capitalism can't function without them
DO YOU HAVE COHERENT FRAMEWORK OF BELIEFS?

>i won't
>buy my own because i'm not an irresponsible poorfag

A

FUCKING

LEAF

I had my finger shot partially off in Iraq and get free healthcare for life since im "disabled."

I haven't had health insurance for 2 years. Haven't had it most of my adult life. Can't afford ACA, as a white male i get no subsidies and I can't afford an extra $400 a month.

Planning something, Ahmed?

obamacare made me drop insurance, with it gone can probably afford it again

That was only for Medicare part D plans.

t. Medicare insurance agent

>They will literally blame just Obama.
naw they will figure out a way to use Hilary and emails as misdirection as well.

t. cunt on Tricare

Patents are not inefficient. They are the only way to incentivise high throughput drug development

A supplier will sell goods to competing distributors all the time. ie multiple competing companies funding the same supplier. Its no different.

Can i get rid of insurance companies and the government from healthcare?

Of course, if you actually needed the healthcare, why would you refuse it?
The issue is with those who don't go to a hospital every month, they are being forced to pay for something they don't need so that other people can abuse the system.

>piece of finger shot off.
>free healthcare for life
>disability check for life

Is that why the country you embargoed for decades developed a vaccine for lung cancer before you?

We get our insurance through my wife's job, but premiums have gone up a lot recently and they've pushed us into an HSA.

Fortunately we make good money, so we have about $35K in our HSA now to cover the $5K annual deductible if needed.

Honestly I don't get why employers should be expected to provide health insurance. They don't pay my mortgage, my property taxes, or my car insurance. Why health insurance? I understand the history of this, but honestly it's an idea that is outmoded and an onerous burden an many employers - especially smaller ones. Obamacare just made it worst.

Do you want first-world quality of healthcare?

Thanks user, brb partially shooting my finger off

Which gun do you recommend?

Continuing,

If everyone in the US just said, "fuck it" and all adopted complete Government aid and insurance, the system would collapse in weeks.
It relies on those opposed to it to keep it running.

That's why we hate it so much, because it's an aggressive breach of the constitution.

Except actual dispensaries of drugs are hospitals.

It's unproven and probably won't work. More importantly, they needed us to do the clinical trials because they literally can't afford it

>and liberals were very happy with obama's term and where we are at this moment.

which is why Trump got put into the whitehouse by a big block of Obama voters that felt ripped off