Why is this state such an abomination? It borders Texas and Arizona...

Why is this state such an abomination? It borders Texas and Arizona, it's separated from California and it still votes democrat. Is it influenced by the the DUDE WEED state?

Other urls found in this thread:

ucfarmhomerealty.com/search/For-Sale/New-Mexico/Clay/Sw-Style-Home-On-5-Ac-20-Mi-West-Of-Albuquerque-Nm/912136
migrationpolicy.org/data/unauthorized-immigrant-population/state/AZ
migrationpolicy.org/data/unauthorized-immigrant-population/state/NM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Old hippies inhabited it 50 years ago, Mexicans, and Natives are all lefties. There just isn't enough regular white people there.

Mexicans should take it.

I too want to know this. Why do they consistently vote blue?

they are 40% white

it's like asking why hawaii votes blue, most minorities vote blue, so minority dominant states will usually be blue. texas being the one exception.

Taos is like the Berkeley of the desert.

Texas will go purple in 2020, I swear.

>Why is this state such an abomination?

It's because it's cursed by having Albuquerque, a literal gateway to Hell. The name Albuquerque is the Indian name for Gaping Anus. The gov messed up by not doing atomic testing there.

More hispanics than whites i think

holy shit. I never realized NM was so far down on the nonwhite list! I figured it would at least be comparable to Arizona or Texas. WTF? do spics just move there because it has "mexico" in the name? they can't be that retarded. Why are they there?

not that it matters that much. Within probably 10 years enough beaners will get in to turn Texas and Arizona permanently blue

> Is it influenced by the the DUDE WEED state?
They were solid blue long before us.

Pic related is your answer. I have "fond" memories of driving through Colorado Springs and seeing a $200 chevy S10 beater pickup truck with New Mexico plates and some injuin inside drunk as fuck swerving across 3 lanes of traffic before speeding off an exit ramp.

Nothing good comes out of New Mexico (i.e. Gary Johnson)

>not even the green chili (yes I went there faggots)

It is arguably by far the most beautiful state. It has done a great job of balancing modern cities and high-paying work with gorgeous scenery. Hippies moved there en masse and started getting into politics, starting with a failed mayoral run by Hunter S Thompson. And a lot of the Air Force is there including the academy and several of the most important commands, and the Air Force is the leftiest branch.

>not even the green chili (yes I went there faggots)
DELET THIS NOW

>It is arguably by far the most beautiful state.
lolno

Everything you have we have better.

Hispanic majority, lots of unemployed people living on welfare. We're also one of the worst states for education so don't move here if you have a kid or you'll sabotage their future.

New Mexico has a lot of American Indians, many living on reservations. Southeastern NM has a very prosperous oil & gas industry (Republican). Most of the state is pretty poor, i.e. welfare. Albuquerque has a lot of light industry, Santa Fe and Taos have a lot of artsy people (Democrat).

fite me irl 1v1 bruv

I had a giggle

>and the Air Force is the leftiest branch
what? why? do you just mean the least right leaning branch? surely they can't actually be majority leftists

New mexico has the least amount of Mexicans of any border state, actually. They also have guns and outdoor activities.
>Green chili
It's Chile you dumb faggot

Butthurt New Mexicano, when you state has nothing but uranium and meth you celebrate green chili I guess

Why can't we send all the mexicans down to you and you send all the whites up to us?

Everyone should stay away, Texas should take the southern end too. I'll take my guns, clean air, and not having a hobo on every street corner anyday

>New mexico has the least amount of Mexicans of any border state, actually. They also have guns and outdoor activities.

That might be true in terms of raw numbers, but as far as percentage of the states population goes NM has the highest percentage of spics of any state. I think this very clearly answers OPs question.

>spics
Yeah, Spanish people that usually hate mexicans
Most of the Mexicans are in the south anyway that's why it should be texas

nah, they aren't spanish, if they were spanish they'd be voting republican

Highest concentration of first generation Mexican immigrants combined with lots of Indians.

>It's because it's cursed by having Albuquerque, a literal gateway to Hell
I hate it so much. I had to move from Southern NM to ABQ and it's terrible. There are so many drug addicts and homeless and I hear gunshots on a regular basis. Of my upstairs neighbors, the husband is a literal crack addict while the wife is 26 with 5 kids (only 1 with the crack addict) living off of ISD. The people here are rude and I have no respect for other people's time.

Pls let me finish school safely and quickly so I can go back to my nice little hometown.

So it's just a coincidence that both the border states surrounding NM have much lower hispanic population percentages and vote republican, and yet NM with the most spics votes democrat?

spics don't vote republican, idk why so many people say they do

even texas spics voted 61% for clinton, and they are the supposedly based ones

It's literally called New Mexico

Born in Roswell AMA.

How developed are you guys now? Last time I was there a Sam's Club had just opened.

Kek

>voting blind by party

The Republican Governor has made us the worst in every category

How can Colorado even pretend to compete when it comes to green chile? NM has literally the perfect environment for growing it. The hotter and dryer the climate is, the spicier the chiles are and the more flavor they have.
Sounds like you are terrible at knowing the good areas of town. The NE heights are god tier.
ayyyy lmao

>I'll take my guns, clean air, and not having a hobo on every street corner anyday
Amen to that brother.

I'm guessing Albuquerque and the Hippies in Santa Fe. The rest no doubt vote Republican.

Everything is falling apart still. No one takes care of the streets ect.

>The NE heights are god tier.
They certainly are. I love when I have errands to run there because everything is so clean. Alas, I am a student and rent for two people in the NE is crazy expensive. I am also a terrible driver with bad road rage so driving on the highway during busy morning traffic wouldn't be the best.

Can you tell I come from a much smaller city?

>How can Colorado even pretend to compete when it comes to green chile?
I just know how to push New Mexicans buttons m8. It's just bantz

it's literally 47% spic

>voting blind by party

please tell the smelly beaners and nigs in this country to stop doing this because they are literally the only reason why the dems have done so well recently. Whites have been much more party blind than these two groups of shit skins

That's a bummer. My grandparents lived there and I when I would visit I remember going to the shopping plaza (strip mall perhaps?) with all the little alien shops. I was more concerned with my Gameboy Advanced at the time so I have no clue if the roads or buildings were ever nice.

Those ABQ drivers are fucking retarded man, it's insane. The rent can be tough in some of the nicer areas so I feel you on that, some of the areas in the student ghetto are terrible. North of University and east of Lomas was always my rule of thumb.
Mission accomplished then :^)

meant for

Albuquerque here. This city is the Anus of the Southwest. Luckily I live in the NE Heights which is the Whitest and BY FAR the best part of the city. Every White person that I know that lives here voted Republican except for the cocksuckers that live near the University and Downtown. Most of the young people here are also fucking morons.

Rural New Mexico is usually where it's at, at least the White parts. It might as well be Texas in those areas.

>Mission accomplished then :^)
Ty user. And dont worry I got some 505 in the fridge that I spread over my eggs every morning

> hopi, anasazi, navajo, aztec, etc

Former Roswell here.

Moved to Lubbock, it's like 400x better.

Albuquerque somehow manages to be worse than south Phoenix, it's the absolute last place I would want to be. The most retarded fucking mouthbreathers always come from NM too. Carlsbad and whitesands was cool I guess.

Fuck New Mexico

I'll tell you

>No good flat land to farm on like Arizona or cali
>Seasons are so shit due to random elevation changes constantly
>Roads are dogshit
>Police are dogshit
>Gives/sells water to other states IIRC
>Goverment realizes there isn't shit in the state so gives it all to the Indians
>Liberals want to protect "muh historic buildings" which is fine except they stop everything to just stare at a brick someone put there 400 years ago
I also think they shut down a lot of mining in NM

If you want a place to retire for absolute dirt cheap then move to NM, I woudn't be suprised if the average housing cost is sub 100k

>tfw Alamogordo

Pic related is the average population sample of the town. Yes they are all white.

>the Anus of the Southwest
it could be worse senpai

fuck you too

Pima county need a nuke dropped on it.

Love you bb. At least you aren't old Mexico.

Yeah, I lived in Arizona too for 5 years and I have to say that besides some parts of Phoenix and Northern Arizona it was worse than NM. At least NM is so fucking broke most of the beaners simply travel through here to get to a more wealthy state.

Oh also IIRC NM gets more water than AZ but some how manages to fuck it all up and not properly use it for farming where it can

Come on.. it can't be so bad, they have Blue Meth
And Pollos hermanos ,chicken joint

>I also think they shut down a lot of mining in NM
You guys used to be the biggest provider of Uranium for years, but libshits shut it down in 1998.

Liberals always ruin shit up everything.

You don't know an abomination of a state until you've been to pic related

Northern New Mexico is THE most beautiful place in the entire country.

I went backpacking there a few years ago and it was fucking incredible

Mexicans are natives

Tuscon is not arizona It's a fart from Mexico. Maricopa is the farthest south I would go from where I live in Ahwatukee.

Northern AZ is pretty good minus the liberal morons, but cost of living is damn cheap

I've lived in both as well. I definitely enjoyed New Mexico much more as a whole, but some areas of Arizona are unbeatable. Gilbert, Mesa, Scottsdale are all great and Flagstaff is really cool too.

I think he might kinda be right because almost no one who joins the Air Force plans on going into combat. You could also say the same thing about the Navy though. Really every branch but marines. Army doesn't have a lot of the brightest people so i could see them to.

Most states east of New Mexico and Montana might as well not even exist. There is no reason to go that way.

As a NM resident avoid this shit state, specifically Albuquerque.

>too much money given to public education for utterly piss poor results; money given in the wrong way.
In Albuquerque, two new high schools were built but understaffed. The other high schools are in the same situation but are more established to predict overpopulation. Nearly all elementary schools are sufficiently staffed but middle schools are the worst at 1 teacher to an average of 33 students. If they would just employ more teachers, hell even more subs and part timers, it could see marked improvement.

No matter how much money is thrown at APS, it will still suffer from public school flaws.

>High crime rates
Albuquerque is just trash. Too many druggies, too many drunks, too much petty thievery, high murder rates, high homeless population and rates, and the list can go on.

Police only respond if it is an emergency like immediate threat to anyone's life. Someone could break into your home and the police wont show for a few days because they are over stretched, over worked, understaffed, suffer terrible stress rates and related issues, and constantly appearing in court because the local populace is too fucking stupid to realize they are committing crimes so they drag the officer into court; APD can only do so much and because of that they are using excessive force more out of necessity than oppressiveness.

>High Jobless and Unemployment rates
Good portion of Albuquerque doesn't want to work because the government tit. When the minimum got raised to $8.60/hr, smaller business started running minimum crew at part time hours. This is all coupled with the face that anyone who completes their secondary education leaves this state. Good for them.

It's cuz there's alot of mexicans from before the time New Mexico was acquired by the US

>liberals in Northern AZ

It used to not be this way. I miss when the 4 corners were completely irrelevant and no one came to live in our states.

COLORADOAN HERE. WE ARE BEING INVADED BY COMMIEFORNIANS! Most counties went Trump but Boulder, Denver and Colorado Springs fucked our shit.

Please send reinforcements.

Flagstaff is one of my all time favorite places to go. It's a great home base for camping and fishing.

>this meme again

t. NM spic

You're not Spanish, beaner.

Are there any smaller houses/studios in the NE Heights? All I've seen are lovely and grandiose houses but I think I could handle the crazy drivers if that meant I could live in peace.

Honestly, where I'm at isn't all that bad. It would be 100% if my upstairs neighbors weren't such scum.

>Breaking Bad memes
That's all NM is known for nowadays, which is fine because now it's actually known for something aside from chile. I never got into BrBa so all the merch and memes have no effect on me. When Gomie (Michael Quezada) ran for office I thought he was just another Mexican dude.

Move to arizona, people avoid this state so hard it is almost ridiculous

Fuck that, he has to stay in CO.

Make the four corners great again.

It's full of a bunch of Mexicans and Native Americans, who both vote overwhelmingly for government gibs. Leave Colorado out of this, it's the Commiefornians that are ruining that (my home) state.

WRONG

In the territory of Nuevo Mexico at the time of annexation there were only 8,000 Mexican families.

>"Border hopped us"
KEK

I am finishing my gunsmithing class then I will move out. Hopefully I can get a good job with it.

Apartments are probably the better way to go unfortunately if price is the most important factor. Also look for guest houses or casitas, you can find some gems out there. Don't underestimate the public transportation there either if you hate the drivers, the bus system is actually quite efficient and is free for students.

Yeah there are. The neighborhoods just north and northwest of Tanoan are full of smaller and older homes from the 1970s. I rented a 2 bed/2 bath on San Francisco st. 4 years ago for 900/mo. There are also new apartments for relatively cheap off of Academy in between San Mateo and Wyoming and some off Wyoming and San Pedro north of Paseo del Norte.

Kek

My family is from Spain, fag

Uh huh Sure they are, Juan Pedro.

Was in Denver last march lots of weed bums. Sad

>guest houses or casitas
I really wouldn't mind those. I need a small yard for my doggo and every "dog-friendly" apartment complex I looked at had a slab of concrete and a small dog area.

>public transportation
That was recommended to me when I interviewed at UNM but I've never ridden the bus before so I wanted to play it safe and drive. It'd definitely save me money on parking passes but I like to run errands and go to the gym after school so idk.

Thanks for the specifics! I'm screen shotting this so I can look at it when my lease is up in June. Really all I need is a 1 bedroom with washer/dryer hookups and an enclosed yard. Never knew how hard that was to ask for ABQ.

I have been looking at real estate there

what's it so bad.. I was looking at this place a bout 20 miles west of Abq..

why should I expect peace and quiet.. ?

ucfarmhomerealty.com/search/For-Sale/New-Mexico/Clay/Sw-Style-Home-On-5-Ac-20-Mi-West-Of-Albuquerque-Nm/912136

funny

New Mexico is the only SW state where the Spanish speaking population of pre-1848 were of any sizeable number or influence on the state. They overwhelmingly rejected Mexico's short rule over the state and took US citizenship. NM was a part of "New Spain" and has been a part of the US for far longer than it was part of the nation of Mexico. Teddy Roosevelt use to hold his "Rough Rider" reunions in northern NM because he was so impressed by the local soldiers who volunteered to fight in the Spanish American War even before it officially became a state.

As someone who has lived in NM for most of my adult life I can say this state has a shitload of problems but in terms of "mexicanness", I'd rank NM the least influenced border state in terms Mexican migration, illegal or otherwise. Even the most "Hispanic" part of Albuquerque is nothing like the most "Hispanic" parts of Cali, TX, Arizona etc.. I have a lot to complain about this state about but his particular meme is just retarded and shows when people have pretty much 0% knowledge about the history of the western United States.

That new mexico number is bullshit, there is no way they have less percentage of illegals than AZ.

Dumbfuck
See

It's quiet and there's nothing here in this Godforsaken state. I believe that our only saving grace is our very lax gun laws. Also the green chili is on point.

You have to go back

Don't forget fucking Laramie county also voted Blue.

You all are listening to the fake news too much. Been here for the last 26 years... Came back after military service. Own business and have done alot of volunteer service for the community...ems vff..... New mexico has and will always be good to me... The Dems are shit "snowbirds" that sell there shit 1 room house for a million bach east and move here to try to "bring us NewMexicans" up to there "easr coast or west coast" liberal standards... Open carry and ccp state.... Lots of open area...hunting...fishing..sking...and the most beatiful sunsets anywhere in world... New Mexico does have problems.... Who doesnt? ... But... We truly are THE LAND OF ENCHANTMENT!!!!!!

Carlsbad is the shit m8.

Albuquerque and its metro area cover like 200 square miles so you can't really speak of it as one "place".

Parts of ABQ to Avoid:
Anywhere near Central Ave.
Most places south of I-40 and west of the river, with a few exceptions.
Anything near Kirtland AFB, north of Gibson Ave*

*2 big exceptions (if you can afford it) are the Ridgecrest and Four Hills neighborhoods. Older homes but nice. Pretty quiet

Places to look:

"Westside" (West of the river and north of I40)
Taylor Rancho/Paradise Hills/Ventana Ranch

The North Valley (between the river and I-25, north of downtown) Pricey

Nob Hill/UNM Area (if you are young and want to walk to bars, cafes, music etc..., if you don't like that scene I'd look elsewhere)

Northeast Heights (very large area, mostly north of I40 and east of I25, stay away from the clusters of apartment complexes and you can't go wrong in that area mostly)

Ruidoso is probably the most beautiful part of the state. The forestry is pretty awesome, and it's nice going up to Ski Apache during the winter. Cozy af little town too. I honestly would not mind settling down there.

We do. There are close to 2 million of them in Arizona. That is almost the entire population of New Mexico.

Air force academy is in Colorado dumb fuck, it is also the most right after the marines

migrationpolicy.org/data/unauthorized-immigrant-population/state/AZ

migrationpolicy.org/data/unauthorized-immigrant-population/state/NM

Absolutely, I had a really good time when I went 16 years ago. I'd like to go again sometime.