Hypernomalization 2016 BBC

Has anyone seen it ? It explains a lot of our current situation .

youtube.com/watch?v=-fny99f8amM

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=x1bX3F7uTrg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

saw it

not one of his best films (a few too many far stretches of reason), but a decent 'syria for dummies'

Might not be the deepest , but as you said , good for an introduction into the subject.

Which are the parts of it that you did not like ? Honest question .

A heck of an image you have there, i might add.

trips checked
>Which are the parts of it that you did not like ?
its been too long to remember specifics but there were just some scenes where his narrative really lacked strength

>106904666
Shieeeet trips

Thanks for the 777 counter pepe : )

I am not sure but the first thing came to mind was a significant lack of (((coincidences))) mentioned in that documentary, unlike his previous works. Still, slick stuff. Especially with his older short clip "Oh-Dearism", pretty much described how modern men start to lose grip on reality.

Yes , most of the documentary doesnt seem to indicate coincidences , but , yeah , losing our grip of what is real and what is not , is what i like the most in this documentary .

Tried watching it but felt that there was too much time dedicated to grabbing my attention and not enough in actually analysing and exploring the topic.
would rather read a book on subject/10

someone give me a tl;dr

Well yes , if you were already familiar with the subject, you will see that a lot of time goes into setting the narrative of the documentary. Again , not bad per se , but i image that there are other works of media more complete on the subject .

The documentary explains the rise and fall of our current socio-politcal order , from the starting point of two cities in 1975 , new york and damascus . Again , you should really watch to appreciated , although is almost 3 hrs long .

I thought the repeated use of "cyber space" was hilarious, but I was also very interested in the Qadafi-Assad connection. In particular, where we basically punished Qadafi for Assad's terror attacks to placate the public while not upsetting the delicately balanced middle east status quo we were trying yo maintain.

The thing is, idk if he thought Trump would actually win so I'm kinda curious what he suspects will happen next. Have any of you seen bitter lake by the way, also a pretty good primer to the Middle Eastern shitshow we're stuck with right now.

I havent seen it , will look for it later. If someone else has more recomendations on the subject , please , it will be welcome.

In short:

>Current Assad's father met Henry Kissinger and was convinced the treaty the US was signing with the Egyptians was part of a larger peace the US was gonna try to get everyone to agree to.

>Instead the US just gets the Egyptians to sign off on a peace with Israel and the Syrians get stuck holding the bag at the end of the 73 Yom Kippur War.

>Assad stays pissed until Reagan comes around

>Steals the suicide bombing tactic from his Iranian allies and takes out 200 Americans

>We blame Libya instead

>These exchanges of Assad fucking with us and us taking it out on Qaddafi (who had no allies) to placate our public are repeated a couple times

>Eventually we get to the first Intifada, Israel gets pissed with Hamas and kidnaps a bunch of their leaders and leave them in Lebanon where Hezbollah find them and teach them about suicide bombing.

>The Sunnis have just unlocked suicide bombing

>In the mean time cyber space has being growing in America and the west, and increasingly becomes more an escape from real life

>Although cast as a place of freedom, it really ends up being a place where massive corporations can have an enormous amount of power over you that you can't really do anything about

>Advancements in AI also allow those corporations to figure out exactly what you like and only provide it to you, extending from things like Amazon to how content is presented to you and your friends on social media

>And way way more

you have no idea leaf friend

I still like Curtis as a propagandist but his powers are definitely waning. I turned it off before the end.

>BBC
>didn't watch

I watched it, think even though presented in a quite melodramatic way it is spot on in many aspects, but I am not able to draw any conclusions from it. Apparently Curtis himself was not able to do so since he finishes on a very dystopian, disenchanted note without offering any ways out.

Does Sup Forums have any opinions on what could be drawn from this? How to navigate in a fake world? Yes, Sup Forums has become the jew itself, which is quite astounding and really seems to grind the gears of many people that try to stay in control, but what is our vision? What will prevent our ideas from ending the same way as the arab spring or Occupy? Do we really have a vision?

/inb4 ww3, we can't start that and that is no vision, it is just a way to destroy the status quo
/inb4 natsoc, we already know that this is not a new idea but would be repeating a past one

Yeah, don't bother giving me a description. I'd rather spend two and a half hours finding out if it's something I'd like to watch

comment related

The trounle lies in the fact that , we , are also in an echo chamber, i mean , we got really bright minds in here , a truly propaganda machine , but lets be honest for a second , and you will see that places likes this are also very harmful .

Just look at r9k.

hold out until Mandarin becomes global lingua franca? i mean, since youre eliminating nuking manhattan and saudi arabia as a reset, there's now way the neoliberal lifestyle will be erased or changed. that means it has to be surpassed by a more evolutionary fit culture, and then die in irrelevance.

technological rev is also the other remaining alternative. open source energy. you all should be raising energy physicists. no quick fix. all remaining options are long, long-term.

that's damn near 3 hours long, I don't have time for that shit

nothing lol, Sup Forums only seems capable of unraveling things. We lack the coordination, that is the consensus, to really create anything capable of sustaining itself (except maybe subversive memes that continue to persist as long as the targets continue to inadvertently propagate them, meming the safety pins comes to mind).

Yes I've seen it.

Obligatory viewing after:
youtube.com/watch?v=x1bX3F7uTrg

He makes some valid points and brings up things which aren't immediately obvious without research but a lot of what he starts to say he never finishes. He has a lot of random points he never connects to anything other than making it sound illuminati like the BlackRock systems.

It's still a good watch for consideration but I would not consider it as gospel truth

Thanks bong. I happened to see the thread topic on here the other day and watched it and it was great. Not a grandaddy red pill but good stuff nonetheless. Does anyone else have any more docs? I've seen almost every 9/11 one. Alex Jones's Endgame? What about After the Tribulation? Not trying to do missionary work here or shill so watch the edge.

Have you seen Curtis' earlier work? "The Century of the Self" is considered his best, but I like "Pandora's Box" better.

it's not strictly a documentary though, is it? more like a free-flowing essay. still hugely enjoyable, the 3hrs flew by

>Alex Jones's Endgame?

Filters.