Becoming more Religious

Up until a few weeks ago, I considered myself an Atheist. I believed in no creator being, God or otherwise, and saw life as a coincidence of natural phenomenon - and it's assertion of having value as a pure self-aggrandizement.

However, just recently, I've taken another look at Religion, Christianity and Catholicism in particular. I do this purely in response to the surge of Islam, and it's violently expansionist rhetoric, and in response to the wild, flailing, narcissistic self-pity of my generation.

Does anyone else think this way? Is anyone becoming -more- religious in the face of Islam and 'degeneracy'?

Also; why Catholicism? Because I see it as the traditional, unifying pillar of Old Christendom. It wasn't the protestants holding the gates. It isn't the Baptists who build Cathedrals. Plus, the whole Holy Roman aesthetic is just cool.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/shared?ci=0FIVJ3knhME
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Christianity and Catholicism in particular
I hoped you also looked at the part where Christian faiths are advocating and actively aiding the third world invasion of the west
Or maybe the part where the pope calls on good catholics to let "refugees" in

Christianity is a semetic faith based on the worship of a radical jewish rabbi

Atheist here

God might not exist, but Donald Trump is eternal

Independent Fundamental Baptist

Catholic doctrine is heresy.

The nigger bling of the churches should be a red flag.

Salvation is a free gift, don't let some pagan cultist sucker you into a works salvation theology.

Steven Anderson, sanderson1611 on jewtube.
youtube.com/shared?ci=0FIVJ3knhME

Salvation doesn't come from specific branches, just from believing

I'd recommend the gospel of John if you want to read the bible

>Does anyone else think this way? Is anyone becoming -more- religious in the face of Islam and 'degeneracy'?
This is exactly what I think, there has to be some term for this somewhere

Raised Catholic here.

Should the Catholic church view itself as a continuous institution upheld by a people who fought for millennia to sustain it, and take the position that those people, bound not by belief but by heritage and culture, have a right to unique existence and self determination, I will get involved with the church again.

If not, fuck em.

>Christianity is a semetic faith based on the worship of a radical jewish rabbi
When will this meme end. The fundamental purpose of the christian religion is the destruction of judaism.
Not understanding that is literaly a sign of mental disability

There is, it's called "Revival".

The Gather is coming soon.

>Is anyone becoming -more- religious in the face of Islam and 'degeneracy'?
Yes user; not only is it the right thing to do, but it is the right thing to do.
>One must Deus before one can Deus Vult.

Read book of Psalms and New Testament
Thomas aKempis Imitation of Christ
Ignore the stupid Pope/clerical/vatican stuff; it will lead you off the path

>When will this meme end.
Not soon likely. Been around since the first century user.

Also read early church fathers, didache, shepherd of herme

>those people, bound not by belief but by heritage and culture, have a right to unique existence and self determination
so what is the Catholic church saying and doing to negate the right to self-determination?

What are you suggesting? Some kind of Neo-paganism, or some Alan Watts style copy-paste of Westernized Buddhism or something?

Ho ho ho, no. No. This crazy, roadside, tent-pleaser is not for me.

I feel nothing for the nobility of creation or the potential for man. I just hear high-volume self-flagellation and angry finger-pointing. This can't be the best we can do, this angry child in a strip mall's back room.

Maybe Catholicism isn't the answer, but there has to be one. There has to be something... Majestic about Christendom left to defend. There has to be some greater bastion to ally myself with.

My faith is not a weapon unless I weaponize it. I want an organization, a group that I can support in this ideological and cultural war that... I think, will absolutely be fought in my lifetime.

I have become more spiritual, But not religious.

Just read the Bible faggot. Churches are corrupt.

>There has to be something... Majestic about Christendom left to defend.
Many Catholic writers emphasize the importance of human dignity; you can find a substantial amount of writing, talks, videos with very little effort.
Peter Kreeft
Al Kresta
EWTN

>Maybe Catholicism isn't the answer, but there has to be one. There has to be something...

It's called secular humanism.

The rest are just medieval apocalyptic death cults

Christian here.

My advice is that you first spend time seeking god before looking at organized religion. Ask god in prayer for an "awakening" experience. An experience that makes you go "oh shit, it's true".

Organized religion is just the culture we build around the living god. If you enter it without knowing god exists, chances are you will completely miss the point. (I mean that in the nicest way possible).

Good luck!

Daily reminder that Islam is the opposite of degeneracy. Christianity has been cucked by the pope, who teaches to kiss nigger feets and have women spread their legs for refugees. Christianity has been infiltrated by the Jew. Islam has also been infiltrated by the Jew, except in the form of US, Israel, etc. foreign policy. ISIS was created by the Obama and the NWO.

Once the Jew has been defeated, Christians and Muslims will be brothers and coexist.

But only after pakistan and all countries like it are nuked, and arabs are genocided. Sharia law needs to be fixed.

Also graphic novel "The Truth is Out There"
Warren Carroll's "History of Christendom" series
Philip Hughes "A History of the Catholic Church"
C.S. Lewis "Mere Christianity"

You are the context.

>Christianity has been cucked by the pope
True to some extent, but the pope, church, clerics do not need to stand in the way of your relationship with God.
A relationship with God can be achieved through daily prayer, meditation and service to others.

but.....Islam burns people alive in cages

>humanism
Literally Luciferianism.
You worship Satan, normie. Whether you realise it or not. And that's the reality of the world we live in.

Until you accept that you are blue pilled.

Yes, that is what ISIS does. As recent news has told, ISIS is full of homosexuals. The Quran is a book of anti-homosexuality and anti-degeneracy. This shows that ISIS, in reality, does not portray true Islamic ideals, but rather, they are merely pawns of the NWO to destabilize the middle east.

Ironically it is the Catholics that practiced literal self flagelisation, not the Baptists.

And once you actually read the Bible you'll notice that God never tells anyone to build a temple... God gives them precise instructions on how to build Tabernacles(tents).

So, like... Wew lad.

>Up until a few weeks ago, I considered myself an Atheist. I believed in no creator being, God or otherwise, and saw life as a coincidence of natural phenomenon - and it's assertion of having value as a pure self-aggrandizement.

You were never atheist friend, as soon as you take the red pill, theres no turning back.

This. Truth lies in the monotheistic religions. Atheism is the Jew's (Devil's) lie.

You don't really have to "choose" between denominations. Do your own research about different theological doctrines. There's also nothing that stops you from coming together with people who share your Christian faith, but have a different denomination.

I would consider myself mostly Catholic. Their philosophers and intellectual tradition seems to be the most rigorous of the different denominations. On most theological doctrines I agree with them, except on a few (but arguably important) things like papal supremacy. I pray and fast like the Orthodox though, since that seems the way the early Christians did it. I attend Catholic mass and Bible study with Evangelicals.

About two years ago I noticed how amoral and outright degenerate and meaningless secular western life is, which got me into Buddhism, best decision of my life.

Buddhism practiced properly teaches self-discipline, restraint and responsible behavior. It is also morally on higher grounds that Islam.

inb4: degenerate hippy. You can't call yourself Buddhist and be lazy at the same time.

inb4: pacifist. lol no.

>It wasn't the protestants holding the gates.

I'm Catholic and I have no idea what this means?

How can you not be pacifist?
Wikipedia says this, for example:
>The first precept is the abstaining from the taking of life, and the Buddha clearly stated that the taking of human or animal life would lead to negative karmic consequences and was non conductive to liberation.

I am not criticizing you or your beliefs, I just want to know.

Odin is calling his people.

praise kek
hail odin

No worries, ask whatever you'd like.

1. In the code of discipline for monks states that it is not an offense if a monk fights back if attacked, as long as his only intention was "desiring freedom." and doesn't act out of anger. (Vinaya)

2. In the time of the Buddha him and his main disciples had bodyguards. These bodyguards were greatly revered for their services of protecting monks, even though that entailed violence. (Parinibbana sutta)

3. The Buddha often gave advice on how to run a country to local kings, and police forces and national guards were ok. (Can't find a source now, but I can look it up if you like).

Lastly the precepts are training rules to accumulate merit and self-control, if you have to break them once it's not the end.

I'd gladly answer any (troll) questions anyone might have.

Ah, that was "enlightening".

On a serious note, thank you very much.

>The fundamental purpose of the christian religion is the destruction of judaism.
I doubt anyone gives a fuck about the kikes' religion unless the European traitors that'd gladly open the doors to them as long as they have some holy water splashed onto their hooknoses.

I am a baptized Orthodox and rediscovered it lately, feels good.

I think Catholics have done some great things during the years but the current state of affairs there is pathetic. Hope you purge the cucks.

Up until a few weeks ago, I considered myself an Heathen. I believed in no Emperor, God or otherwise, and saw the Empire as a coincidence of natural phenomenon - and it's assertion of having value as a pure self-aggrandizement.

However, just recently, I've taken another look at Imperialism, Deification and The God Emperor in particular. I do this purely in response to the surge of Chaos, and it's violently expansionist rhetoric, and in response to the wild, flailing, narcissistic self-pity of my generation.

Does anyone else think this way? Is anyone becoming -more- devout in the face of Chaos and 'The bloodgod'?

Also; why The God Emperor? Because I see him as the traditional, unifying pillar of Old Humanity. It wasn't the Elves or Traders holding the gates. It isn't the Dwarfs who build Imperial Temples. Plus, the whole Holy Imperial aesthetic is just cool.

t. Loyalist StormWarden

Christianity is Judaism. They just converted you all to Judaism, so the original doesn't matter as much.

Nice try rabbi

Whoops

Ment to be in this post

The problem I have with Catholics is the same problem I have with Jews.

Just think about the Jews biblical history for a moment. They were the people entrusted with Gods message. They were blessed by God, led by God, and favored by God. Yet even after all these blessings, the Jews murdered the very God they claimed to worship. Why?

Just look at kikes today and you will see your answer. Their hearts were filled with greed. They spent so long simply waiting for Christ that they stopped actually waiting and started to only look like they were waiting. They built their entire faith on waiting for Christ not because they actually expected Him, but because it was tradition. They entrenched themselves in the sinful world so deeply that when Christ actually appeared, their savior was nothing to them but a threat to their way of life. They had made themselves rich off of the promise of God, to the point where they could not afford to have an actual miracle. So they killed him. Those Jews who believed in Christ ceased to be Jews that day, but became Christians who inherited the title of Gods chosen people. Those who didn't live on today as the Jews we all loathe, arrogant and prideful thinking they still hold Gods favor as they wait in vain for a messiah who has come and gone.

So I feel it is with the Catholic Church. There was a time when they were Gods chosen, and the clear way forward for Christianity. But now, I feel like they worship traditions created by man and have made the same error as the Jews. They have become set in their ways rather than set in their faith. They too have become entrenched in the world too deeply. And like all worldly things, it has become corrupted, thus the heresies and humiliations that have come from the Catholic Church as of late.

Up until a few weeks ago, I considered myself an Heathen. I believed in no Memes, Kek or otherwise, and saw the meme magicks as a coincidence of natural phenomenon - and it's assertion of having value as a pure self-aggrandizement.

However, just recently, I've taken another look at Memes, Meme magics and The God Kek (Praise be upon him) in particular. I do this purely in response to the surge of Meme Magics, and it's violently expansionist rhetoric, and in response to the wild, flailing, narcissistic self-pity of my generation.

Does anyone else think this way? Is anyone becoming -more- devout in the face of Chaos and 'The christcucks'?

Also; why The Kek? Because I see him as the traditional, unifying pillar of Sup Forums It wasn't the Chrisrcucks or Libertarians holding the gates. It isn't the newfags who build Great Meme War Plus, the whole Meme Magic aesthetic is just cool.

t. Loyalist Kekite

Do you really believe that the religion of pacifist martyrdom based on the Torah ISN'T Judaism?

Europe and Rome were destroyed by it. And now you blindly worship it.

Christians are the ones letting Islam, another Judaic religion, in. Atheists don't want Islam.

>Islam is the opposite of degeneracy
>Christianity has been cucked by the pope... have women spread their legs for refugees
>Islam is the refugees doing the raping

>Europe and Rome were destroyed by it
American education

>Does anyone else think this way? Is anyone becoming -more- religious in the face of Islam and 'degeneracy'?
Cuck

Reminds me a bit of what the muzzies are saying

>ISIS is full of homesexuals
really makes me think

Dude, check out your universities and media personalities. They're all leftist as fuck and staffed by atheists. It's not the Christians destroying your culture and country.

>American education
Yeah, how's Brazil doing with all that Christianity?

Got some more Christian slums to show off?

>The fundamental purpose of the christian religion is the destruction of judaism.
No it isn't
Its purpose is to give the Jews a backbone to support and defend them from others as well as do their dirty work
They do not want all the goy becoming chosen people so they invented a religion that is basically their own but also disqualifies them as God's chosen so that they are still at the top but have others following their basic tennants to root out undesirables and keep the people passive
You're nothing but a cuck if you are a slave to the Christcuck religion which literally slaughtered all the good people of Europe into submission and then eliminated almost all traces of any of our culture or traditions and replaced it with their own.
You are pants on head retarded if you follow this but then again, the French have always been cucks ever since they have existed

Muslims are wrong about a lot of things, but the kikes aren't one. Islam is a bastardization of Abrahamic faith, but it follows it close enough to where even they are aware of the kikes disloyalty to God.

>They're all leftist
And so is Christianity. Turn your cheek, worship Yahweh. Marxism is based on Christianity and Judaism.

I wish Christianity was the problem with Brazil and not niggers and commies. That would be much easier to deal with.

>was the problem
And how much is it helping you?

That's the problem with OP. It doesn't help.

>Alan Watts
Depression in human form
I'm a Nihilist myself but I'm kinda with that user
We should look to old European religions for guidance in more philosophical matters and ways of understanding the world but past that we don't need a religion to live life.
The old ways have plenty to teach and instill in us whereas cuckstianity has literally been the forerunner of the modern American culture that seeks to eliminate any and all semblance of culture and replace it with a static consumerist empty existence.

>worship yahweh
that's God's name lol why not worship ?
>turn your cheek

Yeah I must admit I was having the same feelings a while back, kind of like I needed to be christian to oppose the growing members of Islam, but then I realized becoming more religious just to prove a point is actually totally opposite of actual religious belief what religion and faith are based on.

Also after being atheist for so long I can't go back and believe all that magic and stuff after seeing the actual ridiculousness of it.

>The Quran is a book of anti-homosexuality
You just choose to ignore entire sections dedicated to why it's okay to fuck boys?

You can literally make scriptures mean whatever you want. Another problem.

You obviously worship the deity of Judaism, nothing of Europe or Nature.

It is surely not. Maybe your experience is with some liberal Christians, but Christians in Europe and rural US are mostly traditionalist.

>traditionalist
And they would be even if they were atheists.

Spartans weren't Christian either.

Doesn't change that the main corpus of Christianity is Judaism, and enables all manner of degeneracy. See: Middle Ages

Catholicism is the coolest form of Christianity, and that's coming from an atheist. The cathedrals, the oppressive organ-played hymns, the praise of Mary, I love all that shit. THATS how u do religion.

They only would if there was another ideology with absolute morals and an emphasis on community in its place.

First off, Christianity has done more to develop Europe than paganism ever did, unless you count child sacrifice and living in logs something to strive for.

Second, Christianity is the natural evolution of Judaism. The moment Christ was born, the Jews were supposed to recognize him as the son of God and follow him as their king. But in their pride and arrogance, they clung to their worldly traditions and rejected the Messiah simply because they refused to give up power. The moment Christ died, Judaism evolved into Christianity. Those Jews who accepted the Lord ceased to be Jews, and became Christians.

Jesus is the rightful king of ALL Jews. Those Jews who cling to their arrogance even in the face of their own Lord are deserving of nothing but scorn for their blasphemy. And for over a thousand years, Christians gave those cretins exactly that. It was only once non-believers and heathens clamoured that it was immoral to persecute them, and the Catholic Church became too worldly to ignore said non-believers, that those rats started to be foolishly forgiven.

>

first post obvious shill. true christendom reads the word of God and as such knows the institutions of today are deceptions by way of infiltrating the highest levels. (jesuits, masons, kikes all in the church) i rebuke you satan
The original texts did not include the word "Jew," as this was a KJV translation. However, Christ was an original "Jew," in that he chose to walk this world as an Israelite. As 90% of world jewry is ashkenaz which has no roots in the holy land other than financial, Christ would not have been of the same tribes as the kikes today, in fact the true father of today's kikes are the Pharisees which the Lord fought against on this plane.
best advice, read the bible, but pray and ask God that he open your eyes before reading. The first time I read the Bible, I read the book of Revelation. There is no spirit like the Living God, there is no truth greater than the Alpha and Omega.
Read Albert Pike's memoirs in which he spoke of the three world wars. He was a 33 degree mason and was contracted by and agent of the house of Rothschild, Giusseppe Mazini. Satan's highest Family; House of Rothschild has engineered the modern slave world, and has engineered every war and economic collapse, calamity, and disparity for the past 200+ years.
Marxism is the thought process of Karl Marx, an ashkenaz jew who was also contracted to envision a complete slave economic system with a central bank; socialism.
There is time for turning your cheek and meekness, but the True Most High Lord also sent war upon evil peoples and is very wrathful.
>Protip: Christ walked the Earth before he was born because he was begotten of the Father. He saw Sodom and Gomorrah burned, infact HE SAID TO BURN IT.

The biggest redpill is that God is real, he is alive and above the Earthly plane and is omnipotent and watching. Life is so much easier when you don't think you will have to answer for what you have done.

>Buddhism practiced properly teaches self-discipline, restraint and responsible behavior. It is also morally on higher grounds that Islam.
You can do all that and be atheist lad
You know that right?

>than paganism ever did
He says while writing in pagan letters.

>answer for what you have done
Religion is the ultimate excuse people give themselves not to have any responsibility.

It is Christians who believe they do not have to answer, for they suppose they can say their "hail Marys" and be forgiven.

religion is a control tool, faith in the TRUE GOD is NOT.
And do not even compare the faith of the BOOK with the apostasy conglomerate religion of lies and pagan synchronization; Catholicism!

Blackpill on the RCC coming through

"Once the times of De Maistre, Bonald, Donoso Cortés, and the Syllabus were past, Catholicism has been characterized by political maneuvering. … Naturally the Church’s sympathies had to gravitate toward a democratic-liberal political system. Moreover, Catholicism has for some time espoused the theory of so-called ‘natural right,’ which is difficult to reconcile with the positive and differentiated right, which is the foundation of a strong and hierarchical state. … Militant Catholics like Maritain have taken up Bergson’s formulation that ‘democracy is essentially evangelical’ and tried to show that the democratic impulse in history appears as a secular manifestation of the authentic Christian and Catholic spirit. …Today the categorical condemnations of modernism and progressivism are long gone. … When we see today’s Catholics reject the ‘medieval residues’ of their tradition; when Vatican II and its implementations import destructive forms of ‘bringing things up to date’; when popes point to the United Nations (that ridiculous organization, half-breed and bastard) as prefiguring a future Christian world order—there can be no doubt in which direction the Church is being dragged. That it is capable of providing any sort of support for a revolutionary-conservative and traditionalist movement must be resolutely denied."

The Orthodox Church is the only Church that can still be saved from modernity.

How are you that stupid?
Rome was dead the moment it became the Empire, the only reason it lasted for so long was because that it continued to use the beautiful ingenuity of the glorious Republic and stuck to its gods. The moment the Roman Pantheon started to decline in popularity was when it all started going to hell. And Christianity was the vessel of that, which of course preached multiculturalism and is the exact reason that the western empire started allowing non-romans to gain higher levels in politics and the military
Christianity in Europe made sure to wipe out any and all European culture and replace it with the worship of their retarded god killing cultural lines that were older than the Jews and that was the reason Europe fell
You are an ignorant monkey but you have access to the internet so you are still an embarrassment

>deity of judaism
it's like i hate tendies now cause Chad in school like them too lol
>you can literally make scriptures mean what you want.
not really,you got greek and hebrew to know what the words are used for

>religion is a control tool, faith in the TRUE GOD is NOT.
Inshallah brother, soon he shall see the light. Allahu akbar

None of that makes it less of a crock of shit.

>in the
There is no such thing. It was invented by religions as a personification of the control tool, a sock puppet to use.

Our only responsibility is to the future of life, through the truth of Evolution.

i know that feel user. went to church for the first time last sunday.

Christianity tortures people in cages. Equating Isis with all Islam is like equating the Spanish Inquisition with all Christianity.

>It's not the Christians destroying your culture and country.
Yes they are
They are wholely responsible
The boomers were all 100% Christian as were their parents. They are the ones that destroyed this country
The good majority of hippies all went back to being Christian when they reached their 40's and they are the ones that control this country today
They're the ones that promote Marxism and leftism in school which in turn preaches the hatred of Christianity yes but their leaders are all still majority god lovers

people start believing in all kinds of garbage during stressful moments.

I would posit that all fedoras follow Pascal's Wager. Live as though God does exist (I would suggest living as a Catholic because it's top tier). If you're wrong about the whole atheism thing, the rewards are eternal. If you're right, you didn't really lose much, since you believed life was finite and after you die it doesn't really matter what happened. Plus, living as a religious being saves you from a degenerate lifestyle and makes the world a better place.
Do it faggots.

Here's your problem:

Islam is the only cure for degeneracy

Atheism is the only cure for Islam.

ONLY A FOOL SAYS IN HIS HEART THERE IS NO GOD.

bye shill, ignoring the most basic truth man has in his heart makes you a sock puppet monkeyman

They're closet commies at best, they're not Christian at all.

>The boomers were all 100% Christian as were their parents.

Exactly.

The old atheists were people like Nikola Tesla.
Rational people do not go Marxist and Leftist. This is all coming from Christians.

Good thing I'm not trying to convert you then. I'm just stating the facts that Europe is better off without naked people in bear masks slitting childrens throats over a fire, and that Christians don't owe Jews one hint of respect.

That would only be true if Jesus was the real Messiah.

He failed multiple prophecies, therefore he is not.

Put there's more than one god.

I'm a Kali worshipper now.

>implying atheists aren't angry people who aren't just mad at the world because they had no mom or dad
>implying atheists don't talk about religion more then actual religious people
Every atheist I ever met was a huge vocal faggot

Try reading Henry Kamen's book on the Inquisition. He was literally the first scholar to actually go to the archives and look at the primary documents.

The idea that the Inquisition was the Medieval KGB or Gestapo is a meme used by Protestants at the time to demonize the Church, and leftists used it to justify their own behavior because "Well we have our KGB, but the Church did it first!"

>t. Rabbi Shlomostien

Religion is the ultimate blue pill

Good. We are still waiting for the true Messiah, aren't we Mr. Goldberg?

Hey, I didn't write the holy books.

It's not my fault your false prophet didn't do everything he was supposed to.