Union wanted to kick out the Africans

>Union wanted to kick out the Africans.

>Rebels wanted to keep them as slaves.

Wut? Union won,why're they not kicked then

I never looked into that actually.

In that scenario I choose the union.

Real life I pick the confederates.

President Lincoln was the one who created Liberia and was pushing the Back to Africa movement. Unfortunately Booth sperged out and assassinated him.

Lincoln was shot. He had a plan to send most of the african slaves either back to Africa or to Madagascar. The 14th ammendment was made to help blacks who had fought in the war not get sent back.
The south were sore losers

If another civil war broke out today, it wouldn't be South vs North. It would be urban vs rural, and urban wouldn't have a chance in hell.

FUCK BOOTH!!! FUCK ANDREW JOHNSON!!!

Incorrect. Liberia was established in 1821.

Any evidence of this at all?

>It has been a conviction of pressing necessity, it has been a belief that we are to be deprived in the Union of the rights which our fathers bequeathed to us, which has brought Mississippi into her present decision. She has heard proclaimed the theory that all men are created free and equal, and this made the basis of an attack upon her social institutions; and the sacred Declaration of Independence has been invoked to maintain the position of the equality of the races. That Declaration of Independence is to be construed by the circumstances and purposes for which it was made. The communities were declaring their independence; the people of those communities were asserting that no man was born--to use the language of Mr. Jefferson--booted and spurred to ride over the rest of mankind; that men were created equal--meaning the men of the political community; that there was no divine right to rule; that no man inherited the right to govern; that there were no classes by which power and place descended to families, but that all stations were equally within the grasp of each member of the body-politic.
>Jefferson Davis

A 20 second google search. Though they say he changed his mind after emancipation

Lincoln didn't give two shits about slavery, his main concern was too keep the country from breaking apart. Since the majority of the North who was the industrial powerhouse of the country wanted to ban slavery, doing so was the most logical choice.

See.. white ppl are literally to blame for everything.. you could habe got rid of em

Lincoln didn't give two shits about slavery OR "keeping the country from breaking apart," if you're referring to some patriotic feel good mumbo jumbo. Lincoln was only concerned with keeping that sweet, sweet Southern tax revenue rolling in.

Other user was incorrect on Lincoln, but Liberia was created by the U.S. to repatriot slaves back to Africa.

So they would have stayed regardless of his murder.
Oh well.

Can you guys gives me the nigger crime stats ? i got a black panther wanabe in need of a reality check

He admitted that whites and blacks could never live together in harmony and wanted to send them back to Africa.

I don't have a source.

t. too lazy to google

The irony of the civil war is that there was no way for slavery to be abolished pre-secession, the southerners were just pissed about the restrictions. Hell, slavery would probably still be around today if they hadn't rebelled.

hmm

niggers, even one is too many

Someday, they'll be gone.

Northern abolitionists wanted to immediately free all the slaves. They didn't give a fuck what happened to all the newly released negros. Afterall, they were all down there where they didn't have to worry about them, and fuck the South anyway. They (abolitionists) were the fuckers who were cheering on the death of hundreds of thousands of Americans.

The South was shitting its pants that if they let loose all their niggers they would turn on them and fuck their shit up a la Haiti, South Africa, Zimbabwe. Even they knew slavery was fucked, they just didn't have any alternatives.

Everyone who wasn't a complete shit though, was just concerned about keeping the union together and preventing slaughter.

Thanks my man

>implying social justice historians didn't try to salvage Lincoln's image through revisionist history

The ACS and Liberia predated Lincoln's political career by decades. It was a complete failure, too. Don't just talk out of your ass.

Who knows what he could've actually done with them, but it probably would have turned out better if he didn't get iced by some actor.

Is there direct evidence that he changed his mind?

His plan for blacks was the same as Jefferson's plan with the natives:

"You know, my friend, the benevolent plan we were pursuing here for the happiness of the aboriginal inhabitants in our vicinities. We spared nothing to keep them at peace with one another. To teach them agriculture and the rudiments of the most necessary arts, and to encourage industry by establishing among them separate property. In this way they would have been enabled to subsist and multiply on a moderate scale of landed possession. They would have mixed their blood with ours, and been amalgamated and identified with us within no distant period of time. On the commencement of our present war, we pressed on them the observance of peace and neutrality, but the interested and unprincipled policy of England has defeated all our labors for the salvation of these unfortunate people. They have seduced the greater part of the tribes within our neighborhood, to take up the hatchet against us, and the cruel massacres they have committed on the women and children of our frontiers taken by surprise, will oblige us now to pursue them to extermination, or drive them to new seats beyond our reach."

The blacks move to not get themselves so quickly categorized as the natives is what saved their asses, and kept them from reservations; just like the natives.

Man, the possible outcomes and timelines that could have been...