Is the universe a brain?

Yesterday I had this thought that the universe could be one giant brain. (relative to us) Consciousness is still largely a mystery, so maybe every living organism makes up the consciousness for the universe? Humans are a very emotional species, so maybe we are located in parts of the universe that produces emotion? I don't know much about such things, but I thought it was an interesting thought. Is a black hole Alzheimer's sucking away the universes history?

Other urls found in this thread:

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8e/Buddhabrot_logistic_map_animation.gif
youtube.com/watch?v=x-ZVf7injZk
binaryresearchinstitute.com/bri/
youtube.com/watch?v=TiFR_k2IaXE&list=PL3VbqeP6wYzcJ_2YfcUGdburm44rYhmHa&index=205
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

pls respond

ho nows xD

universe = brain is the same as the simulation theory

plausible

No.At most the Universe is a single Neuron

The universe is something I made up. You Are All Just A Daydream of My True Self

protip: these pictures of the universe are all photoshop

They purposely made it look like a brain so dumb people waste their time on stupid shit

never heard about fractals?

Look it, amazing shit.

Basically the universe is a fractal structure based upon simple mathematics like the fibonacci sequence.

This picture is what happens if you repeat the fibonacci frequence thousand of times and sequence it into picture.

You can find this sequence everywhere, in every flower, every natural, even in a human being.

The universe and the secrets behind it is truly the only thing that keeps me alive, the secrets of such unknown causes sparks my curiosity.

Your life is made up

sorry for typos, little drunk right now.

well, a brain has different thoughts right? therefore, if a brain was making us a simulation, it wouldn't be able to concentrate on all of us and everything

your theory = trash

>so dumb people waste their time on stupid shit
>thought experiments are dumb

You tell em pedro. I bet those smarty-pants can't even fix a car haha

Where did I say anything about a simulation?

Your argument = trash

>our entire universe is merely one brain cell of one being that themselves are microscopically tiny relative to their own universe
Whoa

>Thought experiment based on a faulty premise.
>Not pointless.
Missing the point completely.

As above, so below.

Why a brain, why not a penis?

All is mind.

2017 still believing the universe is real

It's possible. Look at atoms. Now look at our solar system- it's pretty much the same thing. We could just be a tiny part of a brain of some higher organism.

My bathroom has a honeycomb tile pattern. Is my life a beehive? Pls respond

It's a fat guy with no legs... a ball on his head, so probably some new age chakra stuff... a pineal gland right under the ball... a heart, in the center of his chest... and... a camera right above his heart. What the fuck.

You are the dream within my dream

Looks like a dude meditating

No. Light speed is too slow. There is no possibility of a universal consciousness.

if the universe is a brain, your brain is a universe

As above, So below

The Universe is mental.

Pls respond. Look at the patterns

What is this picture meant to convey?

Yes I thought this as well

Thought experiments aren't dumb. Thought experiments by dumb people are dumb.

why not a single atom-like structure?

Germans should stick to science. It is your specialty and the only thing you are good at.

>Missing the point completely.

Haha no man I totally get it. Thinking about abstract stuff is dumb, also thinking is hard so I only do it when I have too!!

Everything is light.

No not your life, but your bathroom is.

>Making up illogical bullshit with a quasireigious Gnostic bent
>Conflate it with abstract thinking in general when you get mocked

Austria is autism

All of existence is a single pulsating point.

pics?

I want to know what was before the big bang, void? How can something exist from nothing.

Self similarity

Put the bong down.

kek

>Current year, still believes light "travels" "through" "mediums" at a known "speed".

Yes.

Also the sun is the nucleus of one atom that makes up the cell and Earth is an electron circling it.

It show me that men do not need devils to be evil.

Some scientist think that this is the actual form of the universe, it is sequenced out of the most basic forms of mathematical instances this world and nature's law have to offer.

Look up "mandelbrot" or "buddhabrot" on wikipedia.

Just imagine if you scroll out far enough on the universe, with all the laws, it must have an unique form.

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8e/Buddhabrot_logistic_map_animation.gif

Danny Wilten has videos on this.
youtube.com/watch?v=x-ZVf7injZk

I am god and you are my creations.
I live in this universe because I designed to live a human life. When I die I will return to my realm and challenge a different world I will create for myself.

Before the Big Bang was God

Everything is fields, and fields are not particles.

You are in All but you are not All. Therefore, the Universe is not a brain but in a brain.

>Yesterday I had this thought that the universe could be one giant brain.
You've almost got it but not quite there yet on what you're looking for.

I think it's more like endless fractal of some sort. Never ending endless loop of creation. Why this computer/synth/simulation stuff is so in these days?

What if life is an endless loop between multiverses when you die.

Fields and particles are two sides of the same coin

(nice digits)
It is a brain. It's my brain. I am God.

yeah

Because modern science is no longer performed by observation but by computer simulation.

>The universe and the secrets behind it is truly the only thing that keeps me alive, the secrets of such unknown causes sparks my curiosity.

Did anime exist in the abstract sense before given physical form?

There are no particles. Only fields.

Internet got similar structure as well, it's just a bit primitive atm.

It is.

I don't know about if you die of disease or old age.

But I've died from head on car crash, jumping off a bridge and mega overdose.

All that happened was I went to a reality slightly shittier than the one I was in before.

Look up super symmetry

>every living organism makes up the consciousness for the universe

For an entry-level introduction into all this, check out Forty-Six & 2 by Tool. The chromosome thing is a bit bullshit, but as a philosophical discussion it's quite interesting. Basically the gist is that primitive civilisations like Australian aboriginals, American Indians, and so on, thought there was 1 collective consciousness that everyone was a part of. The next step, modern culture, (46 chromosomes in what the song's about) regards individual people as having their own 1 consciousness. The next step (46 + 2 chromosomes) is when each cell in the body has its own consciousness, and a person is a vast collective of their own (kind of what you're talking about). Also why they use a lot of fractal type art work by Alex Grey.

That should be an easy starting point for you, OP. Good luck in your journey.

I've looked into it...I think. Might check it out again tho, I've also got into most of mainstream theories about this existence, including multiverses.

You know I've always wondered...if the brain stores and retrieves memories from the folded matter that makes up the brain, and if mass alters the physical properties of space-time, could the folds and patterns in space-time be a method of information storage being read elsewhere?

"How Tools Think", by a strayan

What do you think religion is, fundamentally?

>mfw we are some dream of a God.
>mfw I have no face
Wew I didn't dissappea

No need to be a cunt, I didn't write the song.

Where does consciousness lie? In the heart, or in the head?

large things (on the universal scale) look like small things
maybe it's a brain, but more likely it's just most efficient patterns repeating

D-d-does this make me King of the Internet???

I like how trees are shaped like fractaled up versions of blood vessels.

in the butt

If you think about it, the solar system represents an Atom.

The sun is the nucleus.

The planets and moons represent protons/neutrons/electrons.

Solar systems combined make galaxies.

Atoms combined make molecules or perhaps cells, such as in the picture in the OP.

What are we, Sup Forums?

yh it's called a fucking network rogan

How about collective subconsciousness? Maybe there's some kind of universal filters for organisms/entities/beings which aren't developed enough to handle it properly or smth.

uhhhhhhh excuse me if I missed a memo, is it FUCKING UNEMPLOYED STONER TIME RIGHT NOW

>Woahhhhh like what if the universe is a brain maaaaaan. Like, did you ever see how your brain is like an eye? Like the third eye dude, like wow. What if like, the whole universe happens in a blink of an eye, and it starts all over again :0 mind blown man mind blown. Did you see that thing about quantum physics and like how our feelings can affect the energy around us and even change our futures? Totally like what if I see the color green, but you do too but it's like TOTALLY DIFFERENT woahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh XD

Jesus fucking christ you absolute mental midgets.

Please kill yourself.

>with a smug grin of victory, he picks up his King James Bible and continues reading

>How about collective subconsciousness?

That's basically how swarm animals function (ants, bees, birds, etc.)

I gotta admit I've never not been conscious when things have gone into our out of my butt.

Niggers?

JUST

If your brain were destroyed right now, would the universe exist? Did it exist before you were born?

My opinion is that no, it wouldn't and it didn't. The universe is your (my) brain.

>Pops in Animal House and watches the Donald Sutherland scene.

The sun is binary star with Sirius. They revolve around each other in 24 000 year cycle with highly elliptical orbits. Furthest distance was around 500AD and they are now falling towards each other. Ancients were aware of this cycle and tought that "golden age" will come when they are near each other.

binaryresearchinstitute.com/bri/

This also causes the precession of the equinoxes, not wobble on earth axis. Current lunisolar theory is full of holes and cannot explain why precession is accelerating. Sirius and planets in the solar system won't move with precession which invalidates current theory that it's caused locally.

It's just a matter of time when people realize this. Solar system moves trough space at high speed and orbits same center of mass with Sirius. Most of the stars are binary systems just like ours.

why is the whole half brain as only a small part of the cosmos whats the rest? if you say itsa brain just say all this is just neurons or the bioelectric impulse they create

Woah dude not cool

To understand the universe, we need to understand the now.

Now is the only existence that will ever be, and that ever was.

Nothing that ever existed was in the past, it was and will always be in the now, this present moment.

If we clear our minds of past and future, we can see, we can feel and sense the secret being of now behind everything.

Everything dances and unfolds itself in every moment, a chaotic harmony that creates itself out of nothing.

It is a flow, a constant dance of molecules that give us every moment.

Jesus, buddha, they were truly enlightened, and did not teached about god, but about the present moment which instantly would kill all wars, kill all suffering and pain.

Some say humanity is slowly waking up to this plain of existence, the inkas told us that 2012 the transformation has started, naupany puma, also told us that there are two ways to create this new consciousness.

1. Through peace and logic, through using the past just as a tool to prevent present errors, as the nature meant it to be used that way.

2. Through war, trough extreme suffering and pain with a 50/50 chance to kill ourselves or to be finally enlightened and ascend into a new mental existence.
It is up to us, just remember that every emotion is not you, that everything you are afraid of and everything you ever experienced is not now, it will never be NOW.

youtube.com/watch?v=TiFR_k2IaXE&list=PL3VbqeP6wYzcJ_2YfcUGdburm44rYhmHa&index=205

"God" The NOW is always with us, in every moment, even if we are right now trapped in future or past.

You never sharted and didn't realize it?

You seem like a bright fellow.

Why can we not feel this change in velocity? This increased acceleration?

Inb4 our little creations will get conscious one day and keep continuing our legacy or we morph ourselves with the machines weee. Also, what does yh mean and, aren't brains too a network?

Who /faster than light/ here?

Drink bleach replyfag

Time is a lie, and Jesus is God. Otherwise interesting post.

If we are inside of a brain, and cells are made of universe like materials, then in WHO'S brain are we in? And what is in OUR brain?

>Tfw there could be several parallel earths right now inside our brains
>Tfw biggest thing is whatever makes the root to a whole universe

Then who was start?

>We are all some super autist's daydream fantasy

:(

Oh, I knew. I knew.