Why is Poland even considered important enough to get in before Holland, Portugal, Sweden, Persia...

Why is Poland even considered important enough to get in before Holland, Portugal, Sweden, Persia, and the Ottoman Empire? I understand there need to be some obscure civs like Scythia, but Poland doesn't fit that description.

Save the good civs for the endless amount of DLC Firaxis always releases before they fix the damn base game. Civ 5 only became playable like last year

But they still put in most of the really big names.

>before Holland, Portugal, Sweden, Persia, and the Ottoman Empire
>not the Great Ukrainian Civilisation

Who would even lead Ukraine? What would even distinguish it from Russia?

Poland was more historically significant from the period of 900AD-1500AD than Sweden, Portugal and the Netherlands.

What pisses me off more about Civ VI (and the Civilization series in general) is their shoehorning in of female leaders. I don't know why they would have picked Gorgo, Jadwiga, Cleopatra or fucking CATHERINE DE MEDICI over any infinitely better male choices other than to tick boxes in progression points.

Portugal is waiting for the African Expansion.

Poland had its greater times like every country you mentioned, not Poles fault that American education avoids eastern Europe

WE

WUZ

It's because they need to include some female leaders, but in Civ 6 they made a conscious choice to try to include leaders they didn't use in Civ 5 (which a few exceptions, like Gandhi and Pedro). This meant no Catherine the Great, Queen Isabella, or Elizabeth. England still works because Victoria is still a good choice, and I have no problem with Cleopatra because at least she really was the leader of Egypt even if she led it to ruin, and I don't know enough about Scythia to comment on Tomirys, but the others are all terrible choices. I can only assume that Spain, France, Germany, Norway, Rome, Greece, Arabia, Sumer, India, Japan, Brazil, the Aztecs, and Kongo have never had any other female leaders of note.

>great ukrainian civilisation
>1991-today

Please don't start "we wuz Ruthenians, Cossaks n shiet"

KANGZ

Man, even if Poland was half as important as Persia (it wasn't), that didn't happen under the reign of a teenage girl who was crowned king for political reasons.

AN

SHIET

t.

Alberto

Use Poland.

Use some dumb cunt instead of Jan Sobieski

I am glad they decided to not use Bismarck or Friedrich the great for once.

This is not a sign of importance but of gameplay diversity

Also Saladin was a Kurd, and Cleopatra didn't conquer shit

I really think Gandhi and Pedro will never go simply because who the fuck would they even have to replace them?

I assume they have a larger market in Poland then compared to those other areas

The fact that they used Gandhi again made me sad as hell, just fucking remove the shitters altogether if you only have one skinny leader for them. Meanwhile they could add Carolus Rex for Sweden

I know this is bait, but why almost all of americans don't know anything about Europe?

I would have liked Charlemagne for France.

Asoka, Mugal, Maurya.

They could even include Indira Gandhi if they wanted a female option.

Charlemagne was german my friend.

better question is what the fuck is up with this cartoon shit? jesus, if I wanted little kiddy shit, I wouldn't be playing Civ, now would I? I weep for the remains of Sid Meier's legacy.

It still baffles me these fucks haven't used Charles Martel yet.

Yet they put that ugly bitch 'de Medici' in.

I'm looking at a map of his empire and it looks like it's in modern France.

If they had any brains they wouldn't have Cathrine as the French ruler.

I guess that makes you Cherokee?

Who else is a female leader of France?

The Polish-Lithuanian Commonweal[th] was pretty boss in its day

But CIV games are never very good at prioritising the better civilisations.

Also >Victoria
>England
>Not : Her Majesty Victoria, by the Grace of God, of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, its most Loyal Dominions and colonies Queen, Defender of the Faith, Empress of India.

>oh great Poland back in civ after being fucked over in every game but Civ 5
>bullshit womyn queen who wasn't even close to as important as about a dozen male kings

fucking reeeeeeeeeeee

Charlemagne was Frankish. Have you ever seen Frankish? Or perhaps the German word for France 'Frankreich'

God I hate Americans. The man was the ancestor of the modern French, burger number one was correct.

Civ 4 had him for the HRE.

But his capital was at the modern Belgian/German border.

>Civ 4 had him for the HRE.

>Charlemagne
>HRE
>Not Carolingian Empire.

I think the developers try to avoid nations that don't last more than three-four generations.

They said that they would focus on less known rulers this time around, but I think I heard something about a viking DLC, which will probably include some Danes and Swedes.