Plantation Weddings are actually a thing. Yeah, you read that right. White people in the south get all dressed up...

>Plantation Weddings are actually a thing. Yeah, you read that right. White people in the south get all dressed up, dance, kiss, and eat cake on the historical sites that were once plantations ran on the backs of slaves. According to the site, they caught up with event planner Jordan A. Maney, a black woman who runs the incredible All The Days Events Company. She explains that she received a call to plan an event just like any other day, however, this call came with a surprising twist: They asked Maney to plan a wedding at Kendall Plantation (in Texas, big shocker!) As a black woman, Maney was obviously caught off guard and then rightfully angry that someone would even expect her to plan that kind of event.

affinitymagazine.us/2017/01/08/dear-white-people-plantations-should-not-be-romanticized-nor-white-washed/

> Maney also mentions that she’s unsure as to why the south STILL romanticizes and glamorizes the painful history and suffering millions were forced to go through. Southern plantations that housed slaves and forced labor were actual breeding grounds for trauma and abuse. People were raped, killed, beaten, and starved on those grounds. It’s no wonder that Maney also compares it to celebrating on a graveyard- because that’s basically what it is.

>You’d think this would be a one-off instance but it’s actually not. Southern Celebrations listed plantations as one of the top ten trends for weddings in the South and many celebrities (aka Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds) have also gotten married on a plantation.

Nottingham Plantation, which also calls itself “The White Castle,” proudly alludes to rustic southern culture and doesn’t try to hide the fact that the building was once home to five hundred slaves. The website refers to the plantation as a resort and describes it as “The South’s largest antebellum mansion, and the mere fact that she actually is still standing is a tribute to the tenacity, courage, and commitment of many people throughout her history.” The site also glorifies the man who owned and had the mansion built by slaves in the 1800’s as a “savvy, smart business man.”

>The “resort” still has the slave quarters, the bells white children used to summon slaves and indirectly refers to slaves as furniture. Instead of the mansion being criticized for housing a plethora of slaves, it is revered as a courageous historical monument and is used as a place of rest and relaxation.

>“Unsurprisingly, the racist history of slave plantations has been unfairly normalized and white washed. Because unlike other countries who are ashamed of their bigotry and have turned places of suffering into sacred monuments and grieving sites, the United States chooses to erase the history of ours and use them as places for merriment and celebration. We choose to dance on graves instead of respecting and mourning them.”

>no texas plantation to two step with your white qt wife with
fucking midwest

>Agriculture is racist.

Holy shit, they want to have a wedding on a historical site? They must want to burn niggers at the stake.

African slavery in the United States was actually not really bad. The Royal Navy anti-slavery patrols and laws made each slave much more valuable than they had been in previous centuries. It would have been retarded for an owner to brutalize them too much, they were pretty expensive assets.

why can't these morons realize the entire slave business was run from Boston

>Nottingham Plantation, which also calls itself “The White Castle,” proudly alludes to rustic southern culture and doesn’t try to hide the fact that the building was once home to five hundred slaves

which were owned by a bank in Boston who lent those retarded southerners the money to buy those slaves

I went to a wedding at a plantation in Louisiana a few years ago. It was a very pretty location and a good choice for an outdoor wedding. And the moonshine was delicious too.

>Christian bakers have to make wedding cakes for gay marriages
>Black caterers are allowed to refuse to service traditional white southern weddings

Really soups up my synapses

Holy shit, they actually emoji'd that annoying fucking hand clap they do with every word.

when are fucking libs and SJWs going to stop romantaisizing Europe and Islamic and Aztec architechture with all their selfies n sheet

>African slavery in the United States was actually not really bad
Actually it was. it inhibited growth of the southern economy and ruined our nation in the long run.

Anything that starts with "Dear white people" can eat my fucking cock.

>slavery in the United States was actually not really bad
>they were pretty expensive assets

yep. not humans but assets

These people are retarded. They might as well say beach weddings are bad because that's where ships carrying slaves landed. People like getting married on plantations and beaches because they fucking look nice.

You understand that a skilled working age slave could cost as much as 10,000 dollars, right?

You understand why it's moronically stupid to brutalize an asset that costs that much, right?

You do know that European serfs had it far worse than black American slaves, for far longer, right?

>no right to travel
>extremely limited access to education
>no right to choose own spouse
>working from 5 in the morning to 7-8 at night, every night, 6 days a week
>no right to hunt or fish
>no right to literacy
>prima nocti
>grueling labor until death from old age
>worth so little that as many as 15 serfs could get traded for 1 horse
>highly restricted diet
>no right to a wage
>everything a serf owned, including crafts they made and things they traded things for, belonged to the lord, who could take it for any reason at any time
>first in line for any draft
>last in line for any ransom if captured
>existing in destitute poverty for their entire lives
>old and toothless by 30
>children as young as 5 forced to get up and go work whole days with their parents 6 days a week
>no right to any kind of public voice
>no right to a lawyer
>no right to a legal defense of any kind (meaning if a serf got accused, of anything, they were automatically guilty)
>death by torture under the law (rather than by the more often portrayed simple beheading)

This was the status of 95 to 99 percent of Europeans for most of Europe's history.

This. A lot of historical sites around the world have been built on slave, or slave-like (serfs, etc), labor, doesn't change the fact that the sites are beautiful and people will pay to see them or make them a part of their lives.

This.

Do farmers beat their cattle? Didn't think so.

Anyone that was whipped was whipped for trying to rebel. Most were treated well, and in the end they were given shelter and food from the fields.

This is racist now? Fuck. Better reschedule my wedding for the Klan rally then.

Oh so now me and my wife's dream wedding at aushwitz is sick and disgusting.

Guess there's always Flanders field.

what's her number, i think i'm getting married soon :^)

>white people wuz slaves too, you know slav is the origin of slave right????

fuck off cledus

This ignorance is amazing. If you're ok with slavery, at least own up to how shitty it was.

Woops, didn't mean to quote the first guy.

Dear niggers,
Never write me a letter again. I hate you and don't even think you're actually human. Fuck off you jungle monkey fucks.

t. White Guy

It was shitty for some people.

But most slaves were starving volunteers or criminals that were shipped over. The only ones that deserve pity are the children that were raised into it but at least they were safer than the people living in todays ghetto.

don't call my Christian pastry shop asking to bake your faggot cake

t. she-boon that no one gives a fuck about

Horrible for you blacks. But whites can't help but find such places beautiful, because they do look nice. Just like how we can have dogs as pets, but all animals inherently distrust you.

lol slave labour didn't even build plantations, they generally had qualified construction workers to do shit like that

only thing they could count on naggers to do was to yank fluffy white clumps off of stems

"Bake me a cake or I'll ruin your business bigot"
They can lie in the bed they made

From Alabama can confirm.

Used to date this qt from a rich family. Later became a drugged out coalburner but they make a killing doing weddings on their plantation.

Redpill on why you shouldn't hire blacks. Even given that nigress a call was a mistake and gets you labrled a racist. Don't interact with blacks, segregate yourself as much as possible

the way all niggers should be viewed

Most African slaves were war captives from Africa or debtors, not volunteers.

And sure, working 12 hours in the hot sun and getting whipped if you were to slow wasn't that bad. Having your kids taken from you and sold sounds great. Getting raped by your master sounds awesome. That last one is why American Blacks are like a quarter white on average.

You really thing slavery is better than living in some Chicago ghetto?

>dear white people

Life must suck with tissue paper for skin.

>Dear white people,
Stopped reading right there

>people like to get married on beautiful estates
>this confuses the left

OP Blacks jumped the broom for years at the plantation.

>unlike other countries who are ashamed of their bigotry and have turned places of suffering into sacred monuments

Topkek

I'm from Illinois.

Yes, I firmly believe that. It's why a lot of people from Illinois flee the state and join the military or kill themselves.

This is a better idea. Niglet Abu.

Right? It blows my mind that people have the energy to be offended so many times in a day.

Dear niggers. Pyramids should NOT be romanticized, or white washed.