Repeal and Replace

What exactly will replace Obamacare?

Other urls found in this thread:

speaker.gov/sites/speaker.house.gov/files/UploadedFiles/Summary_of_Republican_Alternative_Health_Care_plan.pdf
donaldjtrump.com/positions/healthcare-reform/
nabp.pharmacy/programs/vipps/
theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/international-business/us-business/canadian-company-charged-in-the-us-with-selling-unapproved-counterfeit-drugs/article25914756/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The Trump care act

gas chambers

Not going bankrupt?

Which involves what?

Nothing. Private insurance which worked SO WELL before

Buying health insurance and being able to choose a rate that reflects the actual value of the plan.

Hopefully deregulation.

Literally nothing.

All memes aside: Trump isn't a traditional Republican President. Congress doesn't give a shit about him or his agenda. It took Obama years of negotiation just to get the ACA through, and that was the most half-assed, watered down irrelevant set of legislation I've ever seen.

Nothing of note will follow.

Not having compensate insurance companies who have to cover 20M+ people who pay almost nothing for the same coverage I get.
Maybe my rates will go back down to where they were during the Bush admin, and not 3x.

Euthanasia of Liberals

>What exactly will replace Obamacare?
The Great Purge

It's called Trump Care. It's awesome. Niggers don't grasp branding.

PRAISE KEK

Outlaw all forms of health insurance.

It's a symbiotic Jew scam, allows healthcare providers to charge ridiculous amounts of $$$

speaker.gov/sites/speaker.house.gov/files/UploadedFiles/Summary_of_Republican_Alternative_Health_Care_plan.pdf

Here's a summary

Nixon fucked that, how did healthcare work prior to 1960?

Health care plans with competition between states. Rand Paul was central to the replacement effort.

The finest health care system in the world.

It's called: stop eating shit diet and exercise.

But alas, there is more to it than this.

>
There was no negotiation...

I dont want health insurance. I prefer to keep my money, and would rather keep my taxes than receive the service.

The rest of you NAP violating authoritarian statist FUCKS can kindly go pound sand.

Heres a thought: If you want a group of citizens all subsidizing eachothers healthcare and find value in that service, form a fucking cooperative and do it! Dont drag me in to it. I dont want it, I dont need it, you have no right to demand I participate. If your way is a better value, I will come join you and put my penny in the pile.

How is this even a hard concept? Its just, and it would work for all of us. Seriously, what makes you assholes want to constantly try and know whats best for me? Good grief you make me sick.

Stop blaming insurance. It's not like healthcare is cheap without insurance. So insurance companies aren't the problem. The problem is with healthcare providers. That's where the expense is. Shit is so tightly regulated many companies have a monopoly over goods with inelastic demand.

That's why it's fucked.

Honestly I'm just disappointed that's what you've been led to believe.

What is executive order

>trash obamacare in its entirety
>abolish medicare and medicaid
>outlaw all medical insurance companies
>determine national averages for every medical treatment, procedure, and operation
>divide these averages by 10
>fix these rates for the next 50 years

hospitals are even bigger rip offs than colleges and it's long past time to kick the fucking shit out of them for it

But the Republican plan, as far as I can tell, doesn't fix the underlying issues of high, un-fixed medical costs. We still don't negotiate with drug manufacturers on prices.

hopefully nothing,most people on welfare are lazy and useless

how about those people crying about obamacare and medical costs get jobs instead of relying on the goverment to pay for there bullshit

The unemployed pool (those without work who are still searching for it)consists of over 7 million people. That number doesn't include those who have given up searching because there are no job openings.

"Get a job" is only relevant when people can actually get a job.

Trumpcare

God will cure

Price controls are the single most destructive economic policy that has ever been implemented.

underrated

no there was no negation in congress,

More like: Trump don't even care

Nothing. Lets private sectors compete.

Death.

Nobody with a brain will argue that market forces are the most efficient form of resource and capital allocation that exist. But that's also irrelevent. There are issues that exist outside of the marketplace because making money (or lack thereof) simply gets in the way of doing what is necessary.

Yes, there was.

>Despite the partisan vote on the bill, the fact is that the Affordable Care Act was a product of EXHAUSTIVE BIPARTISAN COMPROMISE. Indeed, some of the most important provisions in the bill were actually GOP ideas:

A high-risk pool for uninsured people with preexisting conditions
Allowing insurance companies to sell coverage across state lines
Pools where the self-employed and small businesses could buy insurance

How are you so ill informed? For fucks sake.

Is there some way the US government could remove health insurance altogether and just have hospitals charge a reasonable amount of money?

Yeah but then you get the libertarian cucks or their equivalent screaming "muh free market" when the government steps in to regulate the industry to any extent of that magnitude.

It's not quite that simple unfortunately.

fuck them they should starve then

This is where we rapidly descend from "they should get a job" to "they're subhuman, let them die".

AnCap degenerate spotted.

>Killing over 30% of the population in a USSR style purge of the population

And here I thought Republicans were against communism.

right wing death squads when?

>The crony party
>Competition

Let's not kid ourselves here...

nice

TrumpCare

subsidized meds

I work in fire and EMS and everything that can be funded by government grant is absurdly expensive regardless of simplicity. Actually fire equipment is fuck all expensive period, in spite of simplicity, because theres a captive customer -taxpayers- behind it, with no choice but to pay for it.

Remove these guarantees and I promise shit will get cheap fast. This is chicken before the egg level stuff.

>stop eating shit
>Implying the Big Food industry will allow this.

Why i hate obangocare that s3ems like a ad with no real platforms or ideas.

the Free Market.

>killing
no. we just tell them they aren't a special snowflake and they'll do it themselves

What? Insurance companies absolutely negotiate prices. You really think they're paying sticker price like you would pay a hospital?

By the way, negotiations only work with leverage. And when you only have a single supplier for a given good, service or situation, they have you over a barrel.

We need more compeition in the marketplace, and that only comes by taking down barriers, like allowing consumers to legally buy medicine from Canadian companies, which democrats just voted down.

Seems less and less likely that it will be repealed (at least in substance).

So whatever it is will look a whole hell of a lot like obangocare.

Modify existing law that inhibits the sale of health insurance across state lines. As long as the plan purchased complies with state requirements, any vendor ought to be able to offer insurance in any state. By allowing full competition in this market, insurance costs will go down and consumer satisfaction will go up.

Allow individuals to fully deduct health insurance premium payments from their tax returns under the current tax system. Businesses are allowed to take these deductions so why wouldn’t Congress allow individuals the same exemptions? As we allow the free market to provide insurance coverage opportunities to companies and individuals, we must also make sure that no one slips through the cracks simply because they cannot afford insurance. We must review basic options for Medicaid and work with states to ensure that those who want healthcare coverage can have it.

Allow individuals to use Health Savings Accounts (HSAs). Contributions into HSAs should be tax-free and should be allowed to accumulate. These accounts would become part of the estate of the individual and could be passed on to heirs without fear of any death penalty. These plans should be particularly attractive to young people who are healthy and can afford high-deductible insurance plans. These funds can be used by any member of a family without penalty. The flexibility and security provided by HSAs will be of great benefit to all who participate.

This is essentially Sup Forums's attitude which I find funny.

Actual free healthcare.

Leftists wouldn't know how the fuck to react to Trump anymore.

Most people like the ACA and the people that don't only dislike it because it has Obamas name on it.

It will be "replaced" but be essentially the exact same thing but this time it won't be Obama doing it so everyone can be happy.

Because government contractors love to rip the taxpayers off

Require price transparency from all healthcare providers, especially doctors and healthcare organizations like clinics and hospitals. Individuals should be able to shop to find the best prices for procedures, exams or any other medical-related procedure.

donaldjtrump.com/positions/healthcare-reform/
Block-grant Medicaid to the states. Nearly every state already offers benefits beyond what is required in the current Medicaid structure. The state governments know their people best and can manage the administration of Medicaid far better without federal overhead. States will have the incentives to seek out and eliminate fraud, waste and abuse to preserve our precious resources.

Remove barriers to entry into free markets for drug providers that offer safe, reliable and cheaper products. Congress will need the courage to step away from the special interests and do what is right for America. Though the pharmaceutical industry is in the private sector, drug companies provide a public service. Allowing consumers access to imported, safe and dependable drugs from overseas will bring more options to consumers.

stop being fucking retards and learn to research his stances

I would like a more free market healthcare system. Even before Obongocare I could not purchase insurance from out of state so I was basically stuck with a couple of shitty providers. The only thing Obongocare did was make me pay more for the same insurance.

>implying libs are even humans

Right wing death squads obviously

They're called patents you cunt and conservatives fucking love them. Now get the fuck out of here you communist. We're not letting you steal our hard work.

generic brand pharmaceuticals would bring costs down greatly. s

didn't rubio say he has a replacement planned once obama gets into office?

No I had an idea about the basics, I wonder what actually can and will get passed though. I'm pretty skeptical on HSA. Seems like just a way to say "we did something" without actually helping. Doesn't fix the issue of you having to deal with less-than-competitive insurance companies and drug companies and hospitals and doctors for your care.

Private insurance, without the cable and internet tier monopolies that allow artificial price inflation of the whole medical industry.

All great points

I went to the doctor last week. I was first asked for my health insurance card. Nothing about how much it costs for just seeing the doctor and getting looked at. It was just paying for the $20 copay. Price shopping needs to be addressed than have every doctor being forced to just do health insurance. It removes health insurance from just being used for emergencies such as accidents, heart attacks, strokes, cancer, etc.

I also want the government to allow import of drugs from other countries if they are cheaper. This will help with our domestic drugs compete and lower those prices.

Is it true that burger hospitals charge 1000 dollars just to spend a night at the hospital?

>I also want the government to allow import of drugs from other countries if they are cheaper.

100% No.

The amount of counterfeiting in other countries is staggering. It's not even safe to buy drugs from CANADIAN suppliers.

>defending subhumans

Yes, we are against communism, that's why we're getting rid of the communists.

Only a communist could be so dense as to not understand this.

Yes. If you don't have (((health insurance))).

>It's not even safe to buy drugs from CANADIAN suppliers
source on this? genuinely interested

>allow import of drugs from other countries if they are cheaper.

Often the drugs are cheaper in other countries because their government negotiated a reduced standard rate.

Alas, the US is banned from doing that by a provision that was added to the ACA as a "compromise" to protect drug makers.

The reason the insurance companies are becoming monopolies is because they're buckling under the demand. The economies of scale here are bonkers. Private industry is not capable of solving the healthcare problem. People in America are going to die premature deaths because of expensive healthcare. Either become okay with that fact or push for single payer system.

Why can't we negotiate on prices with drug companies as many other countries do? And is there any data to back up this assertion that allowing us to buy from abroad would be bad because of counterfeit drugs being vastly more common there?

Nice

Because that's fucking communism. Any government intervention is bad. Get off of \pol\

Ideally, the free market, something health insurance hasn't had in over 70 years. Realistically, Republicans will keep a bunch of regulations on insurers requiring they cover X, Y, and Z.

You're thinking of LBJ, not Nixon. Even then, Truman had already encroached on the health insurance market in the 1940s.

Yeah, I'll try to dig it up real quick.

Like I said, I'll try to find it right now.

As for the prices, people don't seem to understand that making a creation of a medication takes
>10-15 years
>1 Billion dollars
>~2% success rate
>still no 100% chance people will buy it
>patents last 20 years and start THE INSTANT THE DRUG IS MADE, NOT WHEN TRIALS ARE FINISHED.

So it costs pennies to actually MAKE the drug, but you have 5 years to recoup to the cost of DOZENS of failed billion dollar endeavors AND make profit and plan for 10-15+ years of no new exclusivity.

Shit's fucked. This is why new drugs are at a low in recent years and generics are being made everywhere.

t. pharmacist

I personally have never heard of "counterfeit" drugs being sold through reputable pharmacies in Canada.
Dont buy cancer pills from the Vietnamese black market

nabp.pharmacy/programs/vipps/

Here is the website for the national association of boards of pharmacy along with information of VIPPS.

They have plenty of literature speaking of the dangers of ordering meds online.
It's nefarious shit.

Hopefully nothing so americans will keep subsidising everyone else's drugs. Also hope for them to lower their own buying power by lowering their life expectancy and birth rate.

theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/international-business/us-business/canadian-company-charged-in-the-us-with-selling-unapproved-counterfeit-drugs/article25914756/

Hopefully the final solution to all of our healthcare problems

>Canadians sold turkish drugs
It's like the abused shitposters banded together to get revenge.

But in seriousness, yes, this is what I was referring too.

>How are you so ill informed?

Mate, he's a seppo, what did you expect?

Oh man I wish that was the way we did things lemme just look at the state of the workforce

>Affirmative Action
>Diversity Hires
>Womens Rights!
>H1b Basically all of India
>H1b some Nigs while we're at it

You are a fucking moron, undo this shit first, get the worthless out of the workforce, put women back in the fucking kitchen and we can talk about starving some people

Obamacare basically just forces you to buy pre-existing health insurance plans.

It doesn't do much of anything except provide massive gains for health insurance companies.

Hopefully nothing.

Private insurance is the way to go.

The government has no business involving itself in this shit.

Nice

but, since we would have already gotten rid of all the, well, let's say hillary voters, there wouldn't be anyone left who didn't want a job

Right now, I don't give a fuck. The sooner it gets repealed, the sooner I don't have to consider a 700 dollar govt fine.

>Most people like the ACA

t. obama

What will follow is the part of Obamacare congress blocked and negotiated against to make it fail. Obama is angry because Trump will reform it and make it better with Republican approval taking credit from him.