In a first, Lady Liberty depicted as black woman, Indian-American on US coins

> The United States is set to issue a commemorative $100 gold coin that depicts Lady Liberty -- a national symbol generally portrayed as a white woman -- as an African American for the first time.

> The coins will “depict an allegorical Liberty in a variety of contemporary forms -- including designs representing Asian-Americans, Hispanic-Americans and Indian-Americans among others,” the Mint said in a statement released Thursday.

hindustantimes.com/world-news/lady-liberty-depicted-as-black-woman-indian-american-in-commemorative-us-coins/story-JlGC1x6g8iGsMYxFON9lFO.html

what now Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dwZuFexTy0k
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statue_of_Liberty
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's being sold at face value, so only rich white guys will buy a $1200+ coin.

so gold nigger huh?

>www.hindustantimes.com

Shit tier man...

youtube.com/watch?v=dwZuFexTy0k

Wait, it says $100 on it yet its only worth $60?

Campaign for Lady Liberty to be depicted by a man.

I guess they forgot about the sacajawea coin.

Also, The statue of Liberty was a gift from France.

>Also, The statue of Liberty was a gift from France.

"The statue is of a robed female figure representing Libertas, the Roman goddess, who bears a torch and a tabula ansata (a tablet evoking the law) upon which is inscribed the date of the American Declaration of Independence, July 4, 1776."
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statue_of_Liberty

why do you keep spamming this shit?

Has Trump confirmed that he will restore the statue of liberty to its original golden copper glory yet?

>Has Trump confirmed that he will restore the statue of liberty to its original golden copper glory yet?

They try that every couple of years.... but the thing is made of copper, and its sitting on an island in new york harbor...

It turns green pretty damned fast.

Besides, everyone is accustomed to the green color.

forgot pic.

Surely we could coat it in polyurethane or something to prevent the patina from forming?

I get that people are accustomed to the greenness but It would be a great distraction and symbolic effort to restore the nation.

Plus Trump's got a thing for gold, easy sell.

>Surely we could coat it in polyurethane or something to prevent the patina from forming?

It would probably be easier to give it an alloy or electroplating of gold.

Gold and copper have similar melting points, and gold resists tarnish and corrosion exceptionally well. You wouldn't even need much gold per mass for the alloy or electroplating to give it a good resistance to tarnish. (pic related)

I don't know if that would be cheaper, but surely it would require less maintenance and upkeep than a polyurethane covering... (One and done, vs constant replication)

Especially around the caustic salt water ocean.

Finally, I've always dreamt of owning a nigger all my life!
Thanks, Obama!

WE

>electroplating of gold
I'm on board. We would end up with a preservation vs. alteration debate though, wherein the headlines would be non-stop "arrogant Trump wants to plate state of liberty gold" etc.

Wouldn't it be something if we lived in a nation where we had such national pride that lady liberty was properly maintained and never allowed to develop a patina in the first place?

WUZ COINZ N SHIET

Why would they make the value of the coin higher than the amount most people the coin is commemorating even have to their name?

> $100 coin commemorating blacks
> Only whites can afford black coin

>"arrogant Trump wants to plate state of liberty gold"

That's easy to counter...

The original color of the statue of liberty was copper.... he would just be cleaning it up, and making sure that it stays corrosion and tarnish resistant.

Preventive maintenance, really...

Kek. This guy.

TRUMP-SAMA

PLEASE HELP US!!!!

thats nice
but its not lady liberty