Elon Musk ?

Newfag here, why doesn't Sup Forums praise Elon more? He has 5 white sons & wants to start a colony on Mars for whites. (Catholic family pic not related)

Other urls found in this thread:

waitbutwhy.com/2015/05/elon-musk-the-worlds-raddest-man.html
youtube.com/watch?v=wv9n9Casp1o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

don't forget the best part.He is a white south African so he probably hates niggers

(((Musk))) skilled for Hillary. He's not red pilled

Musk is the biggest fraudster in the history of America. He defrauded the American taxpayer to the tune of 30 billion and is increasing the tab of the taxpayer by several billions each year.

I say, hang him.

yeesh, feel bad for those kids having the same uncanny face w/ autistic workaholic father

problem i have is that he has these "goals" that he pretends his companies meet, yet nothing he has ever done addresses any of their fundamental technical limitations

You realize Musk is fairly autistic, right?

I'm not even sure if he has the ability to even comprehend politics.

He's a typical nerd scientist investor. No brain power to analyze anything out of his expertise (sign of autism).

So, I don't think he's redpilled, but he definitely isn't bluepilled. He has no pill at all.

Your retarded, he's a multi-billionaire businessman not some sperg engineer. Sure he's a nerd with probably little interest in politics but he's no autist

Watch his speeches, I'm fairly certain he's actually aspergers

Out of all of the fraud being committed by people via the US government, I honestly think that this is a kind that I can accept.
High performance electric cars that don't look like shit and reusable rockets that could possibly make the "Space Age" truly a space age for once.

Tesla = Scam
Musk = Scammer

>Tesla = Scam
Define scam. The cars run great.

Crack feels great. What's your point(lessness)?

Tesla cars don't have negative health effects as far as I know, so the comparison isn't really apt.

Not even a Tesla fanboy but I can admit that they're great cars. If you're crying over how much the US government loaned and subsidized the company, I'd like to remind you that your flag has subsidized its major automotive manufactures to a much greater tune for the past half-century. Pot, meet kettle.

SpaceX scams the US government with promises and 1960s tech. How is that a "Space Age" in the making?

Tesla is a huge scam, as it is essentially cheap tech bought from automotive suppliers and battery cells made in China put together. The brand and the marketing is the most important part of the Tesla scheme... and it only works in heavily subsidized states such as California where millionaires receive 20 grand subsidies to buy 120k costing cars.

Not Japonaise. Not fat. Not ugly. Not stupid.

You lose Musk man gravy gobbler.

I do.

He is the most visionary entrepreneur in the history of the United States. Someone who actually understands and respects what made the US so great to begin with. He is the last great American, uncorrupted, bold and is the CEO of 3 extremely fascinating billion dollar companies.

He has disrupted 3 major industries and does not give a single fuck. He is the future and his haters are just like the buggy-whip lobbyists at the time when the car came out. Get over yourself, no one needs buggy-whips anymore.

Tesla loses tens of thousands US$ on every sale.

Keep prepping the bull faggot.

He's a moron

>video games exist; therefore, we live in a video game

you're retarded

>SpaceX scams the US government with promises and 1960s tech. How is that a "Space Age" in the making?
Reusable first stages are 60s tech? Carbon fiber fairings? Subcooled RP-1 and LOX? No.

>Tesla is a huge scam, as it is essentially cheap tech bought from automotive suppliers and battery cells made in China put together.
That's basically nearly every new innovation in general. The smartphone was just putting touch screens on cell phones, adding a camera, and then adding internet capability. All things that existed prior. Doesn't mean it wasn't a good idea.

Whatever you say.

>praising hi-tech shit poster and attention whore

no way, lol.

Go to hell, nip.

where is mom?

Is he a faggot who bought his children for sex?

So mad, enjoy getting brainwashed by the oil and gas shills.

>Doesn't mean it wasn't a good idea.

It might be a good "marketing" idea, but it's definitely not "innovation".

Just goes to show how uneducated you are on the subject, and how stupid your opinion is. Stop embarassing yourself

Define innovation then, oh wise Turk rape baby.

>start a colony on Mars
That's fucking stupid. We can't even start a permanent colony in Antarctica.

>His kids all have that intense, autstic stare

Lmaoing @ those genes.

i think he's half of what we need to move humanity to the next stage of existence. that and a purge of all muslims and religious headcases who oppose literally everything that can benifit humans

>. We can't even start a permanent colony in Antarctica.
we could if we wanted to, but it would be nothing but a huge moneysink
so we don't.

Innovation is when really smart people are creating technology that did not existed before and solving fundamental problems of society.

Pic related.

Same on Mars expect times 100,000.

When the settlement and resource extraction ban in the Antarctic Treaty ends, there'll be hundreds of thousands of people making the rush to mine the virgin continent.

So reusable rocket stages aren't solving a fundamental problem in society?

>but it's definitely not "innovation".
um, senpai, tesla pretty much caused the roll out of every single electric car to date, and caused the roll out of most (if not all) hybrid cars. combine that with shit like the heavy integration of computers (to give you an idea the model S has a small cable near the steering wheel, it's an ethernet cable. the entire car is a server). tesla is an innovator.

spacex has pioneered reusable 1st stages, they're going to reuse two previously flown 1st stages hopefully this year, one on the falcon heavy as a booster and another in a full blown launch.

>start a colony in the Americas
That's fucking stupid. We can't even start a permanent colony in Greenland.

t. you in the 1500s

it's going to happen anyway, do you think anyone is going to let a full blown nigger fly on the ITS?

btw cunts: spacex is going to do a launch 9 AM PST from Vandenberg AFB in California for Iridium, with a 1st stage landing on their west coast landing barge, stationed SW Of LA. Visit SpaceX's website.

and you're telling me that the concept of reusable rockets isn't an innovation?

Even this would be cheap. Mars is a shit hole.

No one would want to live there, even the dumb StarTrek fans and NEETs, because there would be not gigabit internet to shitpost memes all day.

Even this would be cheap. America is a shit hole.

No one would want to live there, even the dumb "Liberals" and "Explorers", because there would not be constant trade ships to collect goods all day.

Even this would be cheap. Mount Everest is a shit hole.

No one would want to go there, even the dumb explorers and athletes, because there would not be oxygen to breathe all day.

BTW: Some cunt within the last day or so has leaked some of SpaceX's financials, and they're planning to base pretty much their entire company around their planned 4,400 satellite internet service. As in the revenue from their internet service will be 4-5x the revenue from their launch services, and that's not accounting for the savings through reusability.

It's very, very, VERY likely that Mars will have internet. it won't have an instant connection to earth obviously, but you'll have mirroring and instant communications on Mars.

>and you're telling me that the concept of reusable rockets isn't an innovation
>So reusable rocket stages aren't solving a fundamental problem in society?

Completely new propelling engine is innovation. Bunch of software and highly available hardware that controls old technology it is NOT.

But he's a South African who moved to Canada and made his millions in America. Don't think you can call him an American really.

>No one would want to go there, even the dumb explorers and athletes, because there would not be oxygen to breathe all day.

>going there
>actually living there

lel. ok

fucking retards itt

reusable rockets are incredible

if you had to rebuild a plane after every flight hardly anyone besides military and scientists would fly
just like it is currently in outerspace

space x proved it is possible to land & reuse a rocket

a revolution is already happening but you faggots are too blind to see it

elon is a great man

>So reusable rocket stages aren't solving a fundamental problem in society?
No they aren't. How much more delusional can you be?

>tesla pretty much caused the roll out of every single electric car to date
Complete bullshit, electric cars have been developed long before Tesla started on its first lemon
>spacex has pioneered reusable 1st stages
These aren't useful and aren't cost-competitive with other launch agencies, such as russia and india. They also don't have anywhere near the same reliability, and if you took even a second to look up the amount of money and labor required for high-tech scientific and military payloads, you'd see why 99% success at $400M is better than 97% success at $30M.

The majority of the cost is in labor.

>No one would want to go there, even the dumb explorers and athletes

Also implying that the Everest "explorers", are not some pretentious faggots and helpless attention whores who will die crying without the help of >pic related

>space x proved it is possible to land & reuse a rocket
That's not what proof means. Nobody with a basic education in physics denied that landing a rocket upright was possible. The point was that its not practical.

this made me laugh to hard. poor dude who posted this, dealing with niggers on a constant bases. everyone knows musk is south african because the only thing that comes out of south africa is rape

What do you think is on Mars exactly? Even if there's a giant layer of platinum and titanium inches under the surface, how in the hell would we get it back to Earth?

Musk's companies receive billions in government subsidies to stay running and they depend on each other.

www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-hy-musk-subsidies-20150531-story.html

>Want to go to an inescapable prison?

No

>Want to go to inescapable SPACE PRISON?

OMG SCIENCE! XD CARLSAGAN BILLNYE SIGN ME UP

dude even if that is so, he made a car that works and the whole fucking world know what tesla is. even retarded fucking dumb arab cunts who hemorage money all have one

wow these posts are so lit i think i might just dab
*dabs*
wow! it worked! epic! woke as fuck senpai!

*jumps up on my desk and gangam style starts playing*
up up up, upvote reddit style
HEEEEEEEEYYY, EPIC KARMA
up, up up, upvote reddit style!

a tip of my hat to you my good sir!

Fine then, here's some innovations on SpaceX's part:

The ability to land stages on the ground within 5 meters. The ability to take landed stages, quickly check them for damages, load them up and test fire them, then launch them again (that's a world first, in fact the ability to land a rocket without damaging it and without using parachutes is a world first in itself, and they've already done that). The ability to have a propulsively landed crew capsule that doesn't use parachutes (Soyuz does use rocket engines, but that's only at the last moment and is used in addition to parachutes, Crew Dragon will have the ability to land anywhere without parachutes, it probably will use parachutes for the first few launches for safety reasons though). Strapping landing legs to first stages. Hypersonic grid fins for control. The idea of a landing pad, and the idea of a sea landing pad.

Raptor in itself.

They do plan to stay there, yes. Raptor has been designed to use Methane as a fuel for a reason: You can land and do some ISRU to collect fuel on Mars, allowing you to avoid having to transport fuel to mars. If this wasn't included in the plan of the ITS, it would be basically impossible.

There's also another thing you're neglecting: SpaceX isn't planning to be a habitation company, it's planning to be a transport company. Anyone can buy space to send cargo to Mars, allowing small companies that wouldn't otherwise be able to do anything to send things to Mars. The core idea is to create a new market, just like the airplane did.

The first Electric Car was made in the 1940s i'm pretty sure, Tesla is the first electric car to not have a range of below 50 km.

As for your second comment: The majority of labor is not used in launch operations, but in construction of the launch vehicle. If you can just do a quick look over and then refuel the vehicle, you save millions.

>space x proved it is possible to land & reuse a rocket

Of course it is possible. And it is been proven since 1969.

OLD TECHNOLOGY.

Can you name 5 famous people from South africa?

it doesnt matter. it was just to make space travel cheaper so it would help space exploration who cares if its old. we still use electricity its old tech

>If you can just do a quick look over and then refuel the vehicle, you save millions.

>Anyone can buy space to send cargo to Mars

For WHAT damn purpose? NO one would want to live there.

no, up until 7 years ago i didint even know white people lived in south africa. ummmmm charlize theron i think. and the hot chick that came and stayed at my hotel and flirted with me

I think he's great if overrated.

He has a that unrelentless entrepreneur spirit that nowadays only seems to flourish in the US. He really boot-strapped his companies from the ground just by reading books on the topic and working hard to get into the field that's already been occupied for decades.

Don't know why he didn't support Trump, desu. You would think they are both makers that reject being handheld by the state. His visions about a colony on Mars to secure survival of humankind if something happens to earth is a bit illusionary but I wish him the best of luck.

Here's a text about him by some groupie of his:
waitbutwhy.com/2015/05/elon-musk-the-worlds-raddest-man.html

Still quite entertaining to read.

>Implying that Eastern Europe is better than Mars

Uh, yes it is practical. If you can avoid destroying most of the rocket, you can repair what's broken and refield it. Why do you think that the Space Shuttle was so expensive? They had to pretty much refurbish the entire thing, the Falcon 9 is designed to be turned around within a few days at best, at first It'll be months.

prove that the LM could be recovered back on earth, could be refueled, put on another Saturn V within a week, and launched again to the moon.

CRS-7 was caused by a broken strut near the first stage COPV, that's been fixed, Amos-6 was caused by a microdefect in the lining of the first stage COPV that allowed rupturing of the carbon fibre lining and subsequent failure of containment. This is an innate problem with COPVs fueled with subcooled propellants and can not be avoided with the current Falcon 9 design, so for the mean time SpaceX is fueling the vehicle over a longer period until they can roll out a new generation of COPVs in new vehicles. If you think that space travel has to work 100%, always, constantly, you have a fundamental misunderstanding of both rocket science and the market SpaceX is targeting.

have you read the biographies of astronauts, or even listened to an astronaut talk? they all know that they're volunteering for an incredibly dangerous thing but they do it anyway. hell, Armstrong was outright told he was probably going to either die on landing, or the 2nd stage of the LM would fail (which was NOT test fired due to it's design, so the first time it was used was always when it was on the moon) and he would die of oxygen deprivation, vacuum exposure, or starvation. if you think that absolutely nobody would volunteer to go to mars, you are denying the existence of test pilots, fighter pilots in general, and explorers in general.

Haha fair enough.

Chris Barnard (first heart transplant)
Sharlto Copley (That actor guy)

Did you take the hotel chicks hints atleast

Reusable rockets were invented over 20 years ago and demonstrated successfully then

youtube.com/watch?v=wv9n9Casp1o

>it was just to make space travel cheaper

B-b-but at least it's cheaper guys... Right?

Guys...?!?!

once again: prove that the vehicle could be recovered, checked for damage, refueled and launched again within a week.

>makers that reject being handheld by the state

Are you joking? The state funds all of his current companies.

Tesla is massiveley expanding. They are building literally the biggest factory on earth right now and have aquired solar city for multiple billions. no investors would expect profits in the stage the company is right now. musk is doing things most people thought to be impossible a couple of years ago. establishing a new global car company was seen as impossible. even the chinese are struggling doing that, although the government is pouring endless money in it. building a rocket company was seen as impossible. making rocket lands was seen as impossible. this guy is the greatest genius the west had in a long time and its stupid to hate on him because he didn't support trump. he was even named one of his economic advisers, so if trump respects him, so should his autistic virgin followers on /pol.

It's not practical because MONEY DOESN'T FUCKING MATTER RETARD. That's why +2% success is worth billions. We already have PROVEN technology that is just as cost efficient as spaceX and there is no niche to be filled with a reusable rocket. Lowering launch costs is just another excuse for budget cuts from congress.

>if you think that absolutely nobody would volunteer to go to mars

Again

>Going
>Living

feel the difference?

Why? The claim was that Tesla invented this technology. 30+ years of innovation on an old technology is bound to bring some progress. But that doesn't mean that what Tesla is doing is actually groundbreaking

>establishing a new global car company was seen as impossible. even the chinese are struggling doing that, although the government is pouring endless money in it.

kek, the US gov is pouring endless money into solar city and Tesla every single fucking year

>reject being handheld by the state.
>Elon Musk

Pick one and one fucking only. His companies would crash if it wasn't for the massive government subsidies they all get. He is the definition of a corporate welfare queen. Is it really that surprising why he didn't vote for Trump?

>he doesn't understand that lowering the cost of supply opens up new demand
Pleb.

>establishing a new global car company was seen as impossible. even the chinese are struggling doing that, although the government is pouring endless money in it.
No, they aren't and haven't been. Their cars are domestic for some very good reasons.

This is another thing that pisses me off about the musk personality cult; just because his companies reach a milestone doesn't mean history gets retconned into some story of powerful tech-lords of ignorance and poor emissions preventing technological progress

But Trump loves him, he named him one of his economic advisers.

but it is practical, they've physically actually done it and it works out better for them to use reusable rockets rather than rebuilding the entire thing each time

now that others see it is possible they will try too

that is not a valid comparison

that vehicle was sent to the moon via other rockets and landed in the ocean when it came back

hardly the same as landing & reusing the first stage of the rocket that sent it up there.

>what is trial & error
wtf i hate science now

230 ft 1,210,457 lb Falcon 9
vs
39 ft 41,700 lb DC-X

not even close

You're not going into space, pleb. Those that are do so with virgin galactic.

>divorced twice and angling to get JUSTed again by Amber Heard

he's pretty fucking retarded for a genuis

you do have a point here, spacex is entering into a very dangerous situation with it's future endeavors. if the ITS blows up within the first... 10 launches maybe, there is a very large chance that SpaceX will go bankrupt and Musk will go to federal prison. but for now, space travel is dangerous. everyone on the two shuttles signed up for the risk when they got into it. to give you an idea: the estimation of the chance of catastrophic failure (loss of the vehicle and the occupants) after both shuttle losses was something like 1 in 90, up from 1 in 30 or so in the 90s, and up from 1 in 6 during the first few launches.

do you actually think that they'd just force everyone to live in capsules for years? musk has gone over this repeatedly, the idea is to get other companies to begin constructing habitation equipment, leading to larger habitats later on. in the first few launches the astronauts would stay in the ITS spaceship, but that wouldn't be the case later on.

by that logic apple is a useless company, IBM is worthless, ford should have gone bankrupt, and lockheed martin is a pile of shit.

okay, so let me get this straight:

being able to charge something like 30 million per launch to companies, when your competitors are asking for 80 million or more, is not a good thing, and we should just sit back and let spacex do what it's competitors are doing?

how the fuck are you coming to this conclusion? it's like you're saying that we should just throw out every single plane we have after we use them once, then just buy a new one because we've proven that brand new aircraft don't crash that often.

ITS has a target goal of 200k to mars, but knowing musk it'll probably be something like 500k. that's easy.

If you'd ever worked in the space industry you'd know this is par for the course. It's obvious, really.

Any company that develops primarily for the military or NASA will have this basic pattern:

* Work government program
* Sell any new technology/business with outside markets away (so they can get to stage 3)
* Run out of money so the government gibs, because government projects are always nasty unprofitable messes and you sold off everything else.

I work for a company that manufactures ammunition, SRBs, and satellite equipment. They are constantly being split, merged, etc. and also constantly in "financial peril" with hundreds of government pity projects.

The fact that SpaceX actually has private jobs running makes it far better than the likes of JPL, ATK and co. as far as scamming is concerned.

That said, this is how the US likes it, otherwise they would threaten to pull funding. It keeps a core business heavily tied to them specifically, if for a premium upkeep.

Litteral crook that lives off governmental grant collection.
A pure meme, powered by lefty "feelgood" non-sense.
Is currently trying to peddle his crap in France after trying to scam commiefornia.
Thunderfoot made a video tearing down this whole hyperloop stupidity.

>Yeah good goys, start a new life on Mars it's such a beautiful planet so much better than our earth... leave the earth to the shlomos :^)

WAKE UP YOU FUCKING IDIOTS... If this was in favor of the white race, we would shoot minorities on Mars... they want to wipe you of this planet

By god, the amount of salt ITT because he didn't support Trump is astonishing.

The difference is that planes work by landing, rockets don't. Rockets also don't work by crashing, and the expense of the payload is on par to in excess of the cost of the launch. I'd like to hear you defend Concorde without revealing your utter ignorance of aerospace industries.

> and we should just sit back
Of course you're a bogan cuck who thinks you have any involvement in the affairs of your lord and savior Musk. You're worse than premier league enthusiasts

>lowering the cost of supply opens up new demand

simply not always true. it might open, it might not.

In the case of Mars it's more likely to NOT. People will go to mars for resources and even then 90% of the work will be delegated to robots and automatic missions. because almost no one wild want to spend their best years frizzing in a dusty shit hole.

Goddammit even the fucking Australia was penal colony, back then no one wanted to live there because it is pile of shit.

Mars in the next 500 years is meme. Deal with it.

>planes work by landing, rockets don't.

EXACTLY

YOU FUCKING RETARDED CUNT

AND NOW ROCKETS CAN LAND

SpaceX is blowing up today again and with it humanity's dreams for manned spaceflight.

m8, it's not just Mars. I'm talking about opening near-Earth orbit to heavy commercialization beyond telecommunications.

And its still not cost effective. Why are you so adamant that this is important? You can buy a flying car right now; its amazing but not important or useful.

The barrier to space flight is better propulsion, not cost. And it will never be cost, because we're thrice the richest country on earth.

Afaik the Paypal thing he was cofounding didn't involve any state interventions.
And that the US government is a huge customer of SpaceX isn't surprising to anyone is it? Other than telecommunication companies who's going to be a common client to send satellites into orbit?
Don't know about the electric cars though? Does the federal government fund any green shit through Tesla?

>The barrier to space flight is better propulsion, not cost.
It's cost. The reason why we don't have more in space is due to how costly it is to get there.
>we need new propulsion hurr durr
Great. When you figure out anti-grav tech, go and patent it. Till then, we work with what we have.

>The difference is that planes work by landing, rockets don't.
say that to the multiple test fired stages that have flown on previous missions.

>Rockets also don't work by crashing
saying this points to you fundamentally not knowing how the falcon 9 is designed to land.

> the expense of the payload is on par to in excess of the cost of the launch
yes, which is why spacex is acting as a fucking launch provider you moron. the idea is that you can reuse stages and mount them onto new launches, saving you the expense of building entirely new stages each and every time you have to launch.

the rest of your post is outright insults.

>those digits
please no

half of your post is your own opinion dressed up to appear like the "truth", the other half is you not knowing what you're talking about.

>Goddammit even the fucking Australia was penal colony, back then no one wanted to live there because it is pile of shit.
except the british actually sent full blown settlers, i'm talking military, tradesmen, farmets, etc. the convicts were sent for cheap labor, and most of them were sent for petty crimes like stealing bread, the ones that were actual convicts were executed in britain.

>The barrier to space flight is better propulsion, not cost.
if you actually read about how the ITS is designed to work, you'd realize that SpaceX is also aiming for better propulsion too. as stated earlier, the raptor engine is specifically designed to support ISRU.

He is a very interesting person, but as any interesting person he has to be investigated, if he is not up to any jewery, we can make him into a big guy for us.

>230 ft 1,210,457 lb Falcon 9
>vs
>39 ft 41,700 lb DC-X
>not even close

Yes, 30yo tech is outmatched by current tech. That doesn't mean SpaceX invented reusable and self-landing rockets

He's making rockets that go to space. I don't care how many people have to die for rockets to fly. Now if Musk could find a way to use hippy tears for propelant...

>by that logic apple is a useless company, IBM is worthless, ford should have gone bankrupt, and lockheed martin is a pile of shit.

What logic? If you said Ford invented the car, you'd be an idiot. Similarly, SpaceX didn't invent a reusable rocket

you're a lame little nigger boy

ugly autist piece of shit relying on "muh green energy" scams.
You'd think with all than monopolistic technocrat money from paypal he wouldn't need government subsidies but youd be wrong.

dotcom boomers are all overrated trash.

He calls himself a patriotic american and its what he identifies with, so I think its fair

SpaceX I don't even mind having gov ties to NASA. Tesla and solar is what pisses me off.

>better propulsion

and why do you need better propulsion?

because it's more efficient right? if you used better propulsion it would cost less to deliver the same or better result

reusable rockets are more efficient, you spend less while getting the same or better result

>Why are you so adamant that this is important?

because the future of human civilization & culture is in outer space

we will be living out there and anything done to reduce cost and increase human presence is a good thing