Most of people in American jail haven't been convicted of a crime

truth-out.org/news/item/35583-majority-of-people-in-local-jails-have-not-been-convicted-of-a-crime

Burgers will try to defend this.

(Protip: they can't)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=m57gzA2JCcM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Only a fag gets caught, either don't get caught or go out in a blaze of glory

Dindu

(Protip: Nuffin)

Are you retarded?

convicted=/accused

If people who are accused of a crime are deemed a risk of flight they must pay a bond amount to be released from jail.

Those who can not pay stay in jail until their day in court.

Today a Dane will learn that Jails and Prisons are not the same thing.

>Most of people in American jail haven't been convicted of a crime
maybe that is because they are awaiting trial???
also the prison industrial comples makes super bux with gov (taxpayer) grants and overall cheap labor

I already know. In USA, prisons are for felons and jails are for misdemeanants/non-convicts.

That's what Auschwitz was

kek. jail is where you wait for trial if you can't make bond. once convicted, felons serve their time in prison, which is seperate from jail in the US

Of fucking course people in jail haven't been convicted of a crime yet, that is why they are in jail.

They are awaiting their sentence and are then shipped off to prison.

Bakas.

That's kind of what jails are for. Do you not know the difference between jail and prison? Jails are for individuals awaiting trial or with short sentences for less serious crimes. In most cases you can be released on bail until your trial.

>(((truth-out.org)))

However, most of the people in prison are convicted.
sage

Lmao yourbalmost there special ed you might make it in an american civics 101 course.

Might.

Youre not correct yet.

That one's easy:

Abolish Amendment 13

Actually, ALL of the people in American Jail have not been convicted of a crime. That's because Jail is where they put you while you're waiting for court.

People who were convicted are in Prison.

swing and a miss

>liberals don't know the difference between jail and prison
WEW

So if you get convicted of littering you get sent to prison?

littering isn't a crime, it's a (for the most part) unenforced fine.

How many will be convicted of a crime though?

Also, explain the difference between jail and prison for me.

This should be /thread but it won't because awww he a good boy dindu nuffin turnt him life rount gone church gone collitch an sheit

Bail-bond Racket

youtube.com/watch?v=m57gzA2JCcM

What you said is true, but if you are sentenced to less than 12 months, you serve it in county jail. In some cases you can be in a country jail for longer - for example, serving two consecutive 12 month sentences.

99% of the time you go to Prison for over one year, Jail for less than one year.. and anytime you are waiting trail.

Most misdemeanors do not result in jail time. I got caught shoplifting when I was a kid and never had to go to jail for it, just a fine.
I had a friend who got caught with a bit of weed on him and he had to spend a few hours in jail. They didn't take him to it right away he just had to go and serve a few hours there after the court date.

>debtors prison

anyone who argues for this should serve life in prison

It really isn't normal to have more people waiting for a conviction than actual convicts in jail.

... "While black"

Jail and prison are two different things.

Jails are local and usually for drunks or people who cant pay bail. You dont get raped in jail and you sont stay there long

Prison is the one filled with convicted nigs who will rape you in the showers

they wouldnt be in there if they didnt break the law in the first place

>Most county jails are the area intake and processing center

Hence the not being charged bit as you haven't been formally arraigned yet.

Whoever made that is intentionally misrepresenting facts to skew a truth or real Fucking dumb

>what is victimless crime?
>what is crooked cops?
>what is baseless accusations?

I thought Sup Forums was based...

>>what is victimless crime?
go blaze it somewhere else

>>>debtors prison
>
>anyone who argues for this should serve life in prison
nigger we have debtors prison, they just don't call it that. The jew credit card gets a judgment against you for what you owe plus fees/interest/etc and then if you don't pay you're in contempt of court and go to jail.

But there's no "debtors prison" we so free nao

>victim less crime.

There is no such thing.

>what is victimless crime?

black on black murder :^)

What about those who smoke at home?

This is what jail is for, I think you're confusing jail with prison.

You're still a deadweight to society. Go smoke in Somalia or any other libertardian utopy of your choice.

domestic abuse is a victimless crime.

how so?

Jail =/= Prison.

Jail is literally "Waiting room for trial"

>non-convict

Think maybe being a convict implies you've been convicted? When you're convicted you go to prison.

Danes confirmed for retards

You're a cunt.