Clearly a lot of people from non-English speaking countries learn English as a second language...

Clearly a lot of people from non-English speaking countries learn English as a second language. What's a good language for a native English speaker to learn and why? I'm trying to learn Russian for no practical reason other than I like the way it sounds.

swiss german

Something you'll actually use

Arabic, French, German

Japanese

it depends of what u r doingand and where: in US spanish is ok as second u can also try french, if u r in the army arab french chinesse or russian r ok, if u r a weeaboo and spend 4-6 hours a day in anime go japanese, in the uk u can try hindi

learn tibetan, or you are a mind-weak?

Warning, do NOT learn Spanish, it's a horrible shit language, I made that mistake. I repeat, do not learn Spanish.

I live in 'murica. 99% of the people around me speak English. The only reason I want to learn another language is because I have no fuckin life.

I wish I had put more effort into learning Pashto when I was in the Marines but it's most likely I won't ever leave the states again.

Spanish because beaners

Spanish

Don't bother with Arabic, too difficult.

There is no reason for 95% of english speakers to learn another language. There are so many more useful things to learn

cantonese, spanish most common after english

Learn french and spanish, with english, french and spanish you can pretty much save yourself anywhere in the world.

I know german, french,dutch, english, spanish,russian and polish. I'm a translator in real life and i'm safe to say those three languages are key in this world.

Good on your expanding your horizon and learning new things because it interests you. I wish i could have your mentality.

I wish you the best of luck.

The half of your country speaks Spanish, so Spanish probably?

People are not machines to be 100% "useful". Learning languages is an antidegenerate activity.

Chink

French and Spanish because they're the other international languages with culture.
German because of poetry and philosophy.
Chinese and Arabic because they are important non-European languages with tons of culture too.
Basque because it's the oldest and weirdest language in the world.

I was learning Spanish, until one day it occurred to me that all the Mexicans were only speaking spanish. Then I realized I was normalizing them by learning and using Spanish.
Everyone is saying "learn spanish" like a mindless robot.
Its an exscuse for Mexicans tonuse their own language here and not use English.
And Im 100% correct on this.
First they crossed the border illegally. Then cried racism.
Next they abuse the free hospital visits for general use. Then cry racism when called out on it.
Now they want to speak spanish, or act like they dont understand english to force you to learn their language.
Next it will be.
"You dont know my countries language, thats racist!"

learn latin
then you can easily learn spanish and italian

Sarcasm and profanity

What's the matter with it?

Espanol or German will be easiest for native english speaker.

any foreign language would practically useless to you unless you intend to work in another country.

¿Porque Sueco?

polish

nothing like being able to pop a squat, crack a piwo or two and bool it with your boys on the comfy streets of krakow

he come here thinking that he'll get pussy and then he saw how act their women here

I honestly had no idea that French was relevant in the least bit.

checking your flag so I'd probably go with spanish

Well they are our 2nd greatest ally

Lots of africans speak french as second