Redpill me on the pink tax

Why do women (((supposedly)) pay more than men for the same products, is it because their products are higher quality and are more suitable for women consumption or is there really something bigger than that behind it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CoCQFJxeHr4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I doubt you'll find anyone here who knows about the quality of feminine hygiene products.

Different ingredients, designed differently etc.

For example those razors in your pic are different because they serve a different purpose. The women's razor is designed for legs and other hard to reach areas, thus there might be more plastic in the handle or it could be designed differently so that it won't slip when being used in bath tub.

Men's razor is most likely cheaper because it's just for face and for nothing else. Also the blades might be less-delicate than women's blades because men generally have thicker and stronger hair, and doesn't need to be as gentle/smooth as women's razors.

If some women have a problem with paying one extra cent for some special anti-slip handle technology, they can simply just buy the men's razor.

>they can simply just buy the men's razor.
This is all you need to know about "pink tax"

The ingredients on the soaps and shit are all different.
fuck it just watch this.
youtube.com/watch?v=CoCQFJxeHr4

Then just buy the blue ones if they really are ALL THE SAME (they're not).

The pink tax is the cyber bullying of oppression.

Like how is the pink tax real nigga HAHAHAHA like nigga BUY THE CHEAPER ONE HAHAHAHA NIGGA DON'T BUT THE PINK ONE HAHAHAHAHA

It's simply because men put slightly more thought into their purchases than women who usually buy on impulse.

Not always the case but in my experience this is how it usually goes.

>buying in bulk works out cheaper

WHAT

>falling for the disposable razor Jew

Blades for a safety razor cost like $1-2 a year.

A straight edge just has the cost of a sharpening block.

Prices reflect what people are willing to pay for something. If it costs the same to manufacture and distribute a 'woman's' product that is identical to a 'man's' product then the only people you can blame for the former's higher price are the people buying it - i.e. women

>they can simply just buy the men's razor.
>This is all you need to know about "pink tax"

Yep.

For other stuff like clothes, it's simply a matter of fact that women will pay 5 times for a flattering dishrag what men will pay for a large flannel shirt. Sucks if you're a bull dyke or a tomboy, but there's nothing you can do. Your sisters want to be fashionable more than you do, so the price is higher.

It's not just a gender thing. There are all sorts of things that cost more for you than you would like to pay because other people enjoy them more. You either have to go without or pony up.

Their underwear is cheap as fuck

Real reason, I'd think probably because women products tend to be fancier looking and stuff, the packaging is nicer and the product is made to look nice or seem nice. Like a man's razor can just be a piece of plastic with a sharp piece of metal on the end. A woman's razor is a smooth curved colored length of plastic and rubber for a grip, has some fancy bells and whistles attached to make it look or sound nice, and the packaging has fancy pictures of waterfalls and grandoise descriptions.

Possible alternate reason, women are stupid so will pay more. They suffer peer pressure, group mentality, and suggestion (advertising) more, so they can be tricked into paying more, easier. For example I know a guy who sells cars, and guys will buy old disgusting trash-looking cars as long as it runs good and is reliable, and gets the job done. A lady would never buy something like that, but will pay much more for some shitty newer VW beetle or Fiat, because they look cute. If the guy gets a Ford, he takes it to the mechanic before selling it. If he gets a Fiat, he takes it to the car wash before selling it.

Supply and demand.
Why can't the buy the men's ones again?

The pink tax is the fact that a majority of household spenders are women. Women on average watch more TV, use more internet, and hence are the largest advertising audience.
The tax is actually the fact that women are easy to influence into buying your products for inflated prices.
You think some dumb bimbo gives a fuck spending an extra $20 for a worse product just because of branding? No, because most of the time she is spending her husbands/boyfriends/beta bitches money. Wheres a man, having actually worked hard for that money, understands that $20 was maybe an hour of him having to shovel shit, or maybe half an hour of sucking his bosses/customers dick. Whatever.

>same product
>instead of buying the cheaper one bitch about it on the interweb
whats a non-issue?

Depends on what the men/women are buying.

When buying electronics or something expensive, i've found men do more research, but for stuff like groceries, household cleaning products and hygiene, i find men just buy whatever so they can get the fuck out of the store.

>buying twice as many only saves you a penny each

What a loadof horseshit.

These companies spend a shitton on advertising and marketing their beauty and feminine hygiene products and they often also contain more ingredients than the male counterpart

I actually buy the women's razors because i find they last much longer costing me less over time.

Men shave their faces, but women constantly have to do arms, legs, pubic hair, etc.

Where that is true:

Women want eucalyptus coconut quinoa hair oils, while men just go for the bottle that says 'shampoo'.
Women want special perfumed body oils, while men just go for the bottle that says 'shower gel'.
Women want a special, branded, endorsed-by-a-celebrity perfume, while men just go for the bottle that says 'deodorant'.

>not buying dapper dan pomade

I know you must be approximately 50 years of age by your selection of products and living in isolat ion because you know nothing about actual men.

>actual men
Like the ones who plow you?

Quite a cheeky response, coming from the Netherlands and all.

This

So you're a nu male? Got it.