The Hellenic societies were the absolute peak of Human civilization

The Hellenic societies were the absolute peak of Human civilization

The societies of the Hellenic people (Greeks and Romans) hit the perfect recipe for human civilization never before seen.

>Valued strength
>Almost everyone was decently in shape
>No lazy people sitting around all the time doing nothing
>Men raised by their fathers
>Had amazing sports
>Recognized honor and camaraderie
>Amazing art
>Buildings were both efficient and extravagant
>Valued philosophy
>Cared for virtue
>Wanted glory

Will we ever be able to go back to the values and ideas of the Greco-Roman people?

It's also worth to mention that the only reason they fell is because they lost these values.

lol

you forgot
>pounded each others' ass

thanks, I'll do without

Don't forget the Romans also got multiculturalism right. The Empire was a mix of many religions and cultures, but above those differences, every citizen was expected to be Roman.

>lazy urbanites that were only successful because of the hard work of the agrarian's they conquered and exploited
lel

Nice hat.

Rome wasn't multicultural, it was multi-ethnic. Romans sneered at Barbarian "culture" and edgy kids that appropriated it, proper Romans didn't couldn't even stand the faggotry of Greek culture.

The difference being that all the people were still homogeneous in their respective homelands, there wasn't mass mixing and importing undesirable niggers and terrorapists into your homeland like you're doing right now.

that is a meme said by literally any civilization, in any moment of their history
that a rich pic coming from you boi

i think france has or is at least close to falling

>france
>not one of the forerunners of mass cuckoldry in our modern world
you've had so many terror attacks people stopped caring or counting

>proper Romans didn't couldn't even stand the faggotry of Greek culture.

Uh huh

Half of Rome's population lived on welfare.

Oh really? That's the only reason? It has nothing to do with Diocletian establishing a system of having multiple leaders (Two Augustus', Two Caesars), the Edict of Caracalla, the splitting of Rome, the constant civil wars, the strife between different parts of Rome which were essentially operating independently by this point had nothing to do with it?

You just wanna fall for the 18th century Edward Gibbon tier degeneracy meme? Okay then. But Graeco-Roman civilization was a civilization like ours is today. Undoubtedly we're contributing to future civilizations and their advancement now if we don't wipe our selves out. The Greeks and even more so the Romans just have the honour of being the foundation of modern politics.

Except Greek was the intellectual language of Rome and the Roman Empire eventually became a Greek empire

> Romans
> Hellenic

WoW it's another 'I have never opened an history book' thread by a burger.

Also wanted to say this

where the fuck is Romania?i thought their language is 80% latin

gipsys stole the language

If you actually studied Rome at an academic level, or simply read the literature written by actual fucking Romans, you'd know some of this wasn't the case.

>Valued strength
Like most societies before the shitty post-modern, and even then, non-Western countries still value it as a capitol principle
>Almost everyone was decently in shape
Well, almost everyone worked in a profession that required physical strength. I guess not the merchants, which Juvenal has one or two poems about them being a bit lazy, and obviously some Patricians who were always carried around on a litter
Other than landlords (tons of literature on this too) and a few patricians yeah I suppose. Even merchants had to travel/walk often
>Had amazing sports
Bloodsports are interesting to study, especially considering the 200+ fighting styles in the Colosseum's gladiator fighting alone
>Recognized honor and camaraderie
Definitely more so than today
>Amazing art
also valued more than it is today, some of the graffiti at Pompeii is funny as fuck too
>Buildings were both efficient and extravagant
Wait, what? Other than the monuments, temples, government buildings, and domii which obviously would look nice, regular buildings constantly collapsed, caught fire, and were poorly managed. Cicero talks about this at length
>valued philosophy
Yeah, the upper classes. Better than valuing feminism and other nu-male bullshit like our upper classes, though.
>cared for virtue
>wanted glory
Yeah. Triumphal parades after a military conquest would be a hell of a sight to see.

Yeah, you're mostly right, I guess.

If you guys want to read more about Rome from Roman authors I highly suggest forumromanum, google it

Romans fetishized the Greeks dude, all of the aristocracy spoke Greek.

Obviously they weren't proper Hellenics, but they loved em.

I don't know why you think you know so much lol.

>everyone wasn't in shape
Maaaaaaybe a few in Rome, but everyone in Greece was fucking ripped. It's why the Athenians were able to charge the Persians in full panoply at Marathon.

Literally all classical civilisations had these traits.
Thats why they were classical civilisations

Saving this flag.

peak of society , couldnt go above euclidean geometry, didnt know the colours blue and green to the extent that philologists like nietzsche believed them to be colour blind , generally only described what they could see, didnt know or understand the concept of infinity or emptiness, while earliest faustian societys like India started using abstract math, invented the notion of zero and also understood numbers as we use them today (as opposed to numbers as a length only like ancient greeks/romans)

what your point you uneducated dumb burger?

romans were conquered by the gaul originally, and dominated for ages.

they stole everything they knew from the gaul, and every single civilisation they conquered they stole from.

Romans invented NOTHING.

They are literally the civilization form of what happens to abused children.

The aristocracy did, the common people didn't. Gaius Marius, an equestrian and a soldier's general, would leave the theatre in protest when it was playing or something to that effect.

>Atia of Julii i call for justice

What did she mean by this and why the fuck her voice is still in my head?

god you are dumb, the romans were never conquered by anybody, the only reason why the romans ultimately "fell" is because they split into a triumvirate at one point and later on into many seperate nation states

gauls contributed nothing, absolutely nothing to the advancement of mankind

romans invented the civilization in western europe and greeks the culture which surrounded it , you can understand the greeks on their own but the romans you can only understand through the greeks, because the romans didnt invent a single myth on their own but copy pasted everything from the greeks

But then christianity made everyone weak and apathetic.

Here's your (You), Canadian time-traveler

The only thing they took is their helmet and sword designs and those were from Celts in Spain you retarded nigger. They never used jack shit from Gaul, they didn't "steal" from people Jamal.

They advanced designs of others and in conjunction with their own created an Empire. If you can't work off of what others have you will forever be a piece of shit retard.

> Filthy barbarians gauçs
> Contributing shit to civilization

Fuck YOU

>had a fucking grain dole
Yea ok