Explain this

explain this

i thought russians were based?

Other urls found in this thread:

cbc.ca/radio/thisisthat/ugly-canadians-bless-you-ban-manitoba-white-debris-trans-canada-enthusiast-sod-hut-hotel-1.2843575/new-list-ranks-canadians-as-the-most-unattractive-people-in-the-world-1.2843578
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Bagration
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nobody ever suggested Russians were good at soldiering. They are more like Orcs.

The winter was extremely harsh and the soviets didn't have very good equipment to use in the snow

>russia
>USSR
>implying they're the same thing
also
>finland
>not world superpower
pick one and only one

My old granddad faught in that war, Im Swedish now living in US.

It obviously proved the strength of the north.

fun stuff happened there.
Firstly fins would just destroy slavs field kitchens and then retreat or wait till they cross frozen lake then send in airplanes to shoot ice around them

Stalin just had every military commander worth a fuck shot in the face so no one had any idea what they are doing there

Unusually cold winter fucked up badly underequipped troops

Extremely low morale, whereas Finns were fighting for their homeland

Put all that together, Finns got lucky, but still lost that war

Soviet army was almost at it's shittiest point at the moment, cause of the purges and newbies and crap equipment ect.

May as well add to the fact that the infrastructure was rather poor which made advances of tanks and other motorised units much harder.

Play a few strategy games and realize that it's easy to throw men into a meat grinder.

>Attack on -40C

True. Finns used skis and white sheets to hide in snow, which is basically cheating.

Let me tell you a story user.

Fun fact: few decades before that Finland wasn't even a country.

And then shortly Finland is fighting USSR alongside Nazis and participates in Leningrad's blockade. It's amazing that USSR let not only Finland to exist as a country after that, but also for it to have a free market (on the condition that it would remain neutral).

Well if you watched Enemy At The Gates, The ruskies, half of them weren't even armed (aka cannon fodder), and anyone who retreated was killed, the enemy killed the rest

Maybe this guy killed them all

>which is basically cheating.

:D

This.
Russia isn't based, nor even good at war.
The only thing they have going for them is volume, volume, volume.
They throw a load of men at you, that's all they can do.

Like China.

And btw about the orc theory... Numbers are sometimes wildly misleading. Not here, here we were shit, but in WW2. The number 26 million. But in that number are included 2million POW who came back. And 16 million civilians. So if we look at total numbers Germany vs USSR it's 8m vs 26m. But if you look at soldier death it's 5,5m vs 8m. Still not in our favour, I'm not arguing for that, but it was nothing like you see in movies like Enemy at the gates or games like Company of heroes.

Im so fucking jelly...hate our fucking government in the past too

t orc rusher number 1

can I see the next half

russia is currently better than any european army in terms of quality

>that tiny pole in the back
kawaii

>tfw Russia was to intelligent for camouflage.

Haha, I've not even read your comment before posting mine, I knew there would be a retard like you.

>It's amazing that USSR let not only Finland to exist as a country after that, but also for it to have a free market (on the condition that it would remain neutral).
THOSE EVIL RUSSIANS!

>wasn't even a country.
Is that why the Duchy of Finland was a separate title from the Emperor's and autonomous? You're a god damn meme nation and people.

This
It's always shocked me how Tzars were always better to foreigners than to Russians. Poles had a kingdom inside Empire with their own laws (which Tsar made much better than russian ones) and Finlad had a very wide autonomy.

It's ok Ivan, China will take cannon fodder trophy from you in WW3.

>They throw a load of men at you, that's all they can do.

>According to Soviet doctrine, speed of maneuver, seizure of favorable terrain, and quick deployment of main forces and artillery upon contact are essential. Aggressive reconnaissance, ground and air, is continual throughout the operation.
>Dummy positions and false fortifications are used extensively.A favorite Soviet maneuver is to allow the enemy to penetrate deeply into the lines and trap him in a fire sack. The counterattack takes the form of a large-scale ambush on the deep flank, the counterattacking units being supported by massed, registered artillery.
Yes, Andrzej. Russia only used human waves throughout the entirety of WW2.

No doubt, but it is not achievement in these days

Russians were always shit. They got beaten by fucking Japs. They have always had the worst military leaders

Soviet high command didn't want to spend for equipment when they could send endless wave after wave to eventually get the job done

In 1905, was total fuck up yes.

Now Russia has nukes, and Japan fucks pillows

soon

I love it how some pathetic guys pick a couple of war we lost and extrapolate it to the whole military history.
Daily reminder that we conquered the biggest land area in the world.
And what have your warriors done, I'm interested?
Begging British master for a potato?

>swede
>boasting about finns fucking ruskies
???

RUSSIA IS MUSTARD FACE

we're also 2nd most powerful military in the world and 1st most powerful in land and electronic warfare

>They got beaten by fucking Japs

It was le fucking late Russian Empire, with Nicholas 2nd instead ruler

Russians have always had a good grasp on the "Grand Strategy" but they fall short in combat. I mean Poland was able to efficiently use massive cavalry charges without infantry support against Russia until the late 1700s. Then the Soviet invasion of Poland was a flop too even though they almost won.

>implying zerg rush keeps casualties low

cbc.ca/radio/thisisthat/ugly-canadians-bless-you-ban-manitoba-white-debris-trans-canada-enthusiast-sod-hut-hotel-1.2843575/new-list-ranks-canadians-as-the-most-unattractive-people-in-the-world-1.2843578

its easy to get lost in all the greatness of his HERITAGE (MUH)

>Grand Strategy
What I posted were "tactics", not "strategy". What I assume you meant is the military strategy known as "Defence in depth".

Why so rude? All hail to swedish old granddad

>Ukraine
>allowed to post this meme

ITT: Op's lack of history knowledge is apparent.

Russia has always been overpopulated, in any battles they use a shit ton of soldiers. I personally think it's to decrease the population, but whatever.

Every battle they use a ton of soldiers in order to waste enemy resources, and to serve as decoy for strikes and whatnot. IIRC sometimes the Russians were instructed to run into the enemies with no guns, just their hands or rocks or knives, while the well-trained shooters shot at the enemies.

It's their strategy, it's worked well for them, look at Hitler, and really at their entire warfare history, they have always won.

WITNESSED.

Have you accomplish armed service in russia?

I got more kawaii here.

overpopulated? are you kidding?

That`s not so, look at 1812 Napoleonic invasion

k/d is about 2, and it was not only fucking french, there were fucking spics, spaghettis, poles and all that shit to the west of us, they fucked

All this time and I never made the connection of Sobieski being named after John III. Holy fuck.

>I personally think
>IIRC
Cite sources or fuck off, faggot.

Avoiding pitched battle in the winter then burning your capital to avoid an enemy occupation is a way to win but not impressive

I never understood this shit.
>Russians take over Baltics from Sweden
>treat our peasant people better than their own serfs who are basically slaves with no rights.

How do Russians with all their temperament not do anything about the oligarchs that have taken all the power in your country and left the people just sitting around, hoping the economy doesn't collapse completely. You have shitloads of resources and land, your people should be able to live good lives but instead you have to sit in your commie blocks with nothing to do but drink the sorrows away. And your politicians just grab more and more power while distracting you with irrelevant shit. How does Crimea matter at all to Russians? It is a small shithole which only has strategic value as a navy base. Russia with all its land mass thinks it is okay to fuck up its global relations and economy, just for the sake of "it wuz muh clay before".

Are Russians really this easy to distract from the fact that their lives are shit when they could be on the level of Western European countries? Has the serf mentality of just doing what the "nobles" say been rooted so deeply in you that you are never able to rise up to them again?

Russia has the potential to be a great and advanced nation, yet it is just a depressing shithole because the people do nothing about the retarded politicians running the nation into the ground.

>frozen siberian wasteland that even wildlife is scarce on
>"conquered"

Yes photo from my conscript service in 2014

Poland is cute!

CUTE!

2015*
Orthodox christianity teach you to take your faith while in protestantism you must to make your live better
sorry for my engls lol

I think it's probably because every time we tried to break this shit and start over there were some kikes like Lenin or Yeltsin to make it even worse. We just think that it's not worth it.

Russia is not overpopulated. You have LARGE swathes of nothing in the country. They got wrecked because Stalin equipped them with jack shit and threw them unprepared at a defending country. If they got scared? He shot them and told the others you run in or you join him. He was a garbage leader but Germany was so undermanned and acting far too arrogant to win that far from the German border which is the only reason they lost.

>burning your capital

our capital was some hundreds of km to the north(It was St.Petersburg), as i remember the only country which capital was burned in 1812 was murrica)))

>is a way to win but not impressive

It was whole fucking europe, from fucking potato nigers aka irish people to fucking potato nigers aka poles, and the only thing which makes me happy, that all of them dead here, le fucking invaders BTFO we`re full

>treat our peasant people better than their own serfs who are basically slaves with no rights.
Probably political reasons. Balts were used to have at least some rights so you had to give them that or deal with uprisings.

>Has the serf mentality of just doing what the "nobles" say been rooted so deeply in you that you are never able to rise up to them again?
Yes and it even got worse after communism.

>Russia has the potential to be a great and advanced nation
They are great and advanced, it's just a shitty place to live.
What are the best places to live? San Marino, Monaco and their impact on the world is non-existant.
Part of Russia greatness comes from making lives miserable. Such is the russian way.

>frozen siberian wasteland that even wildlife is scarce on

You are so rude about your own homeland

men were just resources to them, it actually helped them to lose so many soldiers "patriotically" because it would further legitimize their rule and all of the strong patriotic men would be fighting for their cause

Stalinist purges and most of the soldiers were Ukrainians, not used to winter warfare.

>They are more like Orcs.

I don't know why but I died laughing at this

>those legs
Holy fuck, did you skip leg day or something?

Yeah, but at least our military Service dont include taking cock in to ass and manwhoring.

Never forget.

This was the Ottomans style as well. They only won when they outnumbered you 10 to 1 similar to Russians.

Never lost a war to non whites more than you can say commie

It's still more accurate than you'd think.

Those were Ukrainians and shit.

Go back to Ukraine, you pig-loving whigger

>half of population died of fucking famine

hahaha nice meme potato nigger

>It obviously proved the strength of the north.
By giving up 1/3rd of Finland and begging for peace? Thats a very Swedish definition of victory you got there.

>Now Russia has nukes, and Japan fucks pillows

Now Japan is a 1st world country while your mother and sister prostitutes themselves out to Turk tourists for your family to eat.

Oh please.

Even when they outnumbered you they sucked though. Roaches were never good at war. Even with a tiny army Skanderbeg managed to continue fucking them up all over the place.

>t.Mykola Salonyak

Never forget

>oh, another thread about Russia. Let's see what's here

Yep, nothing new, same stale memes. I see train WW3 train keeps chugging along nicely. Good job mates.

Implying Russians in vented the concept of defense in depth
...Germany in the champagne-Artois anybody?

Where the fuck did I imply that Russia invented the very concept of defence in depth? Stop putting words in my mouth.

True, some of their battles were just fucking sad

Reread, fair enough bud

Fins are fucking though. Here it is explained.

Yeah-yeah, commander overly protective of his boys who kept retreating.

But being so quick to judge, you forgot Manchurian operation in WWII. Also shows that we are quick learners, Germans got blitzkrieg'd back within months, then pure destruction of japs in China a little bit later.

Usually lessons of war learned after the war.

*Tough.

>Implying you won't get slaughtered in WW3

Vlad you won't be outnumbering your enemies 10 to 1 this time like in the USSR days, you can't win.

>...Germany in the champagne-Artois anybody?
USSR made germany look like a downs kid playing with sand with their operational capability
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Bagration

Why were you guys so bad? you are Russian tier against everyone except Serbcucks

>The entire thread filled with people who have never heard of Great Purge