Hunter S Thompson

Good or bad?
Sway me Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NHeSC_Ws5Ic
truth11.com/2009/04/09/quote-hunter-s-thompson-multiple/
grantland.com/features/looking-back-hunter-s-thompson-classic-story-kentucky-derby/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

hedonism should not be glorified

Degenerate libertine but tryhards give him a pass because he had an affection for guns.

Right, but he had some positive attributes, right?

Didn't he despise globalism/ the establishment? Are his writings just a meme?

Creeper who made his bones documenting elite pedo hijinks and was given a free ride in life for it.

hipster fag

Would you prefer he hadn't documented those things? Isnt he a stelping stone for bringing them all down?

Why didn't they suicide him sooner if that's the case?

A real American

Was he an elaborate de facto plant?

Did they just use him because he could bring people over to the dark side, or was he being real?

Johnny Depp helped him fake his death and he lives on Turtle Island.

Lol

Not a fan of Johnny Depp, that's for sure. Another red flag.

I've heard he filmed pedo stuff, can anyone expand on the subject. Was he forced or blackmailed into doing it?

>only one witness
>RNC operative

It's bullshit. Thompson was on assignment for Rolling Stone at the time somewhere else.

I read that he was forced, and a lot of other horrendous details are floating around. It sounds fucking insane, but then again it would if it were true or false.

Also something about Larry King being involved. Dunno.

All I know is that this comic needs to be a series

Hadn't heard this. Might be legit. I don't 'KNOW' anything so don't take my word for it.

>I've heard he filmed pedo stuff, can anyone expand on the subject.

Look into his connection to the Process Chruch, which he got through him running elbows with Hell's Angels.

you don't even realise how fucking deep this particular rabbit hole is

I believe it's a different Larry king

Read one of his books that had weird all seeing eye symbolism and shit. Like he was attempting to warn people.

I think he was a _necessary_ writer, not a great writer. He was his time, for good or bad, and when the time was gone he was pretty much done as well.

True. Thought I might have even misremembered Larry David lol.

Can you tell me what at the bottom? Child trafficking and sacrifice accompanied by all forms of violent rape?

he was scum, degenerate who worked for leftist magazines

He go caught up in some bad shit.
He didn't like it but couldn't get out.
He killed himself so that he wouldn't have to witness what was coming that we are actively working against.
We really could have used his insight but he'd probably be killed before getting anything out.
Still, he's been involved in some seriously fucked up shit.

he got his wife after her boyfriend left her for screwing a room full of afro spics at a dancehall in puerto rico.

>ywn drop acid and shoot guns with Hunter S Thompson
why live?

One of the Processs/Angels get togethers from his memoirs even made it into that documentary narrated by Johny Depp.

he was in deep with the Laurel Canyon scene in the 60's which means 100% MK-ULTRA/MK-OFTEN/ARTICHOKE spook shit

Degenerate. His humor is a product of a degenerate lifestyle. Okay to laugh but not a product of moral behavior

Humor is always the product of degeneracy. Even court jesters.

He is a very fun writer but don't buy into the whole mythos to much. He very much exaggerated his persona and in later years actively played the part because that is what people expected.

His whole writing style was designed to blend reality and fiction to reach the truth of the situation. In a way it was all metaphor. He is best writings were in my mind political Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail was great. Better then sex was a nice compilation of letters that give you a lot of insight into the man and his politics. His love affair with Ross Perot and desire for chaos should be familiar to those around here

That being said every derby day i pour myself a big glass of bourbon for the man.

These, probably.

Ok, thanks guys.

the Clintons had him suicided for knowing too much about them, I'm almost certain of it
he used to go golfing with Bill and was a Bohemian Grove regular, according to rumor

There's this weird thing where people by default seem to think they have to like Hunter S. Thompson to be cool or fit in. I don't have much of an opinion of the guy myself, but there are so many phonies who talk about how awesome he was. It's like Bob Marley and Che Guevara with high school and college kids.

He's redpilled

>Good or bad?
and the ugly

This blizzard of mind-warping war propaganda out of Washington is building up steam. Monday is Anthrax, Tuesday is Bankruptcy, Friday is Child-Rape, Thursday is Bomb-scares, etc., etc., etc… If we believed all the brutal, frat-boy threats coming out of the White House, we would be dead before Sunday. It is pure and savage terrorism reminiscent of Nazi Germany.
truth11.com/2009/04/09/quote-hunter-s-thompson-multiple/

Good, just remember it's 75% fiction and not to live your life based on his writings

>. I don't have much of an opinion of the guy myself, but there are so many phonies who talk about how awesome he was. It's like Bob Marley and Che Guevara with high school and college kids.

Don't base your opinion of the man on what others take away. Many people really only appreciate the surface, crazy drug stuff. If that is all you focus on your really don't see the man and his art. He reminded me, in a way, to Kerouac. Hunter was good at capturing the truth in the moment. His writings on Nixon are great because they capture the visceral evil of the man. He did that with everything he wrote.

>he'd probably be killed before getting anything out
he was

I'm sorry but I find it hard to believe a guy who had been threatening the world with suicide for his entire career would go out with a whimper and a suicide note that was hardly a paragraph long
even the note itself sounds like it was written TO him, not from him

I wonder if it was long enough to perform a writing likeness analysis to his work.

He totally cucked all hippie culture and perfectly described how shit the boomer generation is. Unfortunately, it takes one to know one, and he was a retarded hippie boomer.

made for a good movie

I dunno, I'm gonna post it and you can tell me what you think
I don't think it sounds like him, it sounds like a bad imitation, and as we all know, HST is very easily badly imitated by young writers everywhere

his critique of the shallowness found in hippie culture and the idea that they could find enlightenment in a sugar cube would preclude him from being a hippy. did he use psychedelics, sure, but he did not think of them the end all and be all of existence nor did they think he solved all of his problems.

Here is a copy of The Kentucky Derby is Decedent and Depraved, everyone should have a read its very short. He takes a jab at everyone, its a classic.
grantland.com/features/looking-back-hunter-s-thompson-classic-story-kentucky-derby/

I could just be in denial though
these past few years have been so fucking wacky a part of me can't stand the thought that Hunter wasn't here to see it

Talented person. Very bad guy. Those rumors of him directing a pedo snuff film are probably true. Knowing him and how Hollywood is.

Hunter wouldn't have survived in the age of Trump. Go back and read his political writings and look at the words he uses to describe people. When he wrote it that was considered crazy and outlandish, now people speak like that openly. It is almost naive how he depicts the evil of some politicians. For all his exaggeration to capture the evil of these men it is nothing on the evils we are facing now.

Legitimately talented author, had a unique voice that has led to decades of poor imitations in student newspapers. What set HST's work apart from was that it was also insightful and original.

Total degenerate in his personal life, and ended up a shameful and stupid suicide, though.

I still think he would have had a lot of fun

He would have adapted his subversive+1 persona to the times.

Don't listen to the anti-drug hounds own here. The man was a genius that truly understood what it meant to be a Kentuckian and a fellow countryman.

I've already read it, cuck. And my point still stands. He was a degenerate hippie boomer. Your semantics on what a real hippie is, is retarded.

One could hope, we already had the press talking about a hillary clinton pedophile ring. I don't see how he can exaggerate it any more. Reality has gone crazy, we are living in a Thompson novel right now.

Is the answer, dare I say, objective journalism. Who knows but It would have been fun to watch, you are correct.

i like him but he would hate trump in his drug-addled madness

he's better off dead

That comic is a series user. Transmetropolitan.

>I can't understand satire

he had a big collection of snuff movies.

he became addicted to them and kept looking at people dying.

>using "cuck" at all as an insult
These subverted idiots.

I don't know. I think he'd at least get it.

>The "mood of the nation," in 1972, was so overwhelmingly vengeful, greedy, bigoted, and blindly reactionary that no presidential candidate who even faintly reminded "typical voters" of the fear & anxiety they'd felt during the constant "social upheavals" of the 1960s had any chance at all of beating Nixon last year--not even Ted Kennedy--because the pendulum "effect" that began with Nixon's slim victory in '68 was totally irreversible by 1972. After a decade of left-bent chaos, the Silent Majority was so deep in a behavorial sink that their only feeling for politics was a powerful sense of revulsion. All they wanted in the White House was a man who would leave them alone and do anything necessary to bring calmness back into their lives.

There's a not dissimilar energy at work here with Trump and the New Right.

who is this faggot? i used to see his pic a lot. i want to beat his ass for some reason.

great writer, absolute madman and a true patriot

>i want to beat his ass

Careful there Sanchez, you wouldn't want your mother to ground you.

i didn't know he was your boyfriend.
i'm old enough to be your grandmother.

He was a product of his time, an interesting mind to say the least. However he is worshipped by moden day hipsters pretending to be hippies living in the 60s who are scum.

Is the faggot who created the cancer that is Rolling Stone?

>To give advice to a man who asks what to do with his life implies something very close to egomania. To presume to point a man to the right and ultimate goal — to point with a trembling finger in the RIGHT direction is something only a fool would take upon himself