Men in their 30s and 40s are still playing video games

>men in their 30s and 40s are still playing video games

Is this a good or bad thing?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_E3N3Ydd8JU
youtube.com/watch?v=fxiFdstu6H8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>men in their 30s and 40s are still watching TV.

>men in their 30s and 40s are still watching movies and TV
>men in their 30s and 40s are still listening to music
>men in their 30s and 40s are still reading books
>men in their 30s and 40s are still doing things other than reproducing and wage slaving

>men in their 30s and 40s have hobbies

I wonder how kids even enjoy them anymore

men in their 20s playing video games is a bad thing

Symptom not a cause.

>men in their 30s and 40s

every time i try to sit down and play a game i always quit in a few minutes, it just isn't fun anymore. browsing Sup Forums is more entertaining

>men

this, modern wide-release AAA games are fucking garbage.

In the past the average lifespan wasn't even higher than 30s-40s.

Why do you even watch that huge liberal faggot anyways?

HILLERY CLINTEN

video games were invented by old men, get raped

Video games are a shit tier hobby since you're not building your body or anything else (like wood working) but its still better then watching sports, listening to music, watching TV or just ''hanging out''. At least you're interacting actively and you could easily argue that (some) games also train your brains. FPS keeps you fast, puzzle games like portal trains your spatial awareness and RTS are also engaging in their own way.

from the thumbnail it looked like he got a massive chin

Depends on how much they play it. I play a video game every once in a while but I don't make it into a hobby or continuous pass-time. It produces nothing yet gives you a sense of achievement; too much of it at any age is bad for you.

I'd play videogames but there aren't good enough anymore.

>men in their 30s and 40s are still shitposting on 4chins

I just discovered mobile legends and I hate that it's so fun. A fucking time sink.

The only things worthwhile anymore are independent game companies on steam (but even that's a gamble), and the good shit that gets ported from Nipponland

The indie scene generally sucks but there are some games there that are good. I just bought Factorio and it's pretty cool.

Pewdiepie explained in his last video how hes stopping games at age 27
Your argument is invalid

HEIL PEWDIEPIE

HEIL OUR FUHRER

>that trigger discipline

no

WHY THE FUCK IS THIS ON FUCKING Sup Forums YOU FAGGOT. HIDDEN ANG SAGED

The magic is gone.

Obviously you're sad because you couldn't preorder the Switch. I managed to snag two and will sell one on eBay. Easily a better return on investment than Bitcoin.

Definitely check out Brigador.

Damn i wish that game had multiplayer and i hope they're working on it.

I-is it wrong if you play this?youtube.com/watch?v=_E3N3Ydd8JU

I hate this youtuber

What an ugly kike and I hate his pretentious videos, as if what this kike does is special or groundbreaking in any way, or that this kike is anyone you'd want for company.

>me

i know this feeling

Lol video games are not a hobby

wrong game

Society, in general, is going down the shitter. A little escapism through video games isn't bad. It's not the greatest hobby to spend your free time, sure. As long as the person does it in moderation and offsets it by being a productive member of society, who the fuck cares. Not a bad thing.

taking hundreds of selfies (especially in sexual poses, excessive cleavage, and wearing little to no clothes in these pics) and uploading them to social media, with the only intent is to gain approval from others is just as toxic/waste of time than games. it's an even greater high/release of endorphins than what shit AAA games can even deliver nowadays. people are seriously addicted to that. Social media (and virtue signaling on it) is just as cancerous than video games.

Ordered a Nintendo switch. Going to put it on eBay for 2x the price.

Same here, I get burnt out on a game after playing it for an hour or two these days. I can't enjoy them like I used to.

Gamer spotted.

Sports are modern war. We've channelled the concepts of teamwork, giving oneself up to the cause, risking injury, and of course both tactics and strategy, into sport. It's actually necessary for strong cohesive nations. Every non-shite nation has a national sports. The more complex or cerebral, the more advanced the nation.

Music is similar. Degenerate electronic music should be a capitol offense, but playing music lobe requires skill, discipline, dexterity, synchronicity and forethought, as well as teamwork, to do it right and reach its apotheosis.

Vidya isolates you and channels your energy into unproductive acts. Vidya is filth. Music and sport have their uses and positives, as long as they aren't your sole activity.

oyyy

I get like that but then i'll get sick of dealing with people and just sit there and play a game for hours

They classify as a hobby by every definition of the word, retard

>Tfw you want to join the degeneration of video games but are too poor to buy them .

I guess I will have to stick to continue to read books.

Yes they are.

>men in their 30s and 40s are still watching other men run around chasing inflated rubber balls

(((Sports))) are literally a globalist invention that are barely older than 100 years old

youtube.com/watch?v=fxiFdstu6H8

you're a brainwashed bluepilled cuck, mainstream televised sports are just as bad as videogames

Butcher is a pretty great steam game.

They're not really hobbies any more than posting on 4reddit is a hobby. Reading books, woodworking, complex learning out of interest are real hobbies. Video games are 4reddit/television tier.

good

shouldn't matter. You can waste free time on a car and it is the same outcome. Free time is used to do whatever you enjoy the problem is if you start overwhelming your schedule with the hobby.

Women waste time tanning in the sun? Should that be a bad thing? Do you like women with couch leather skin in their 30s?

The only thing I'm planning on playing here soon is redneck rampage.

i'll play a classic game now and then for nostalgia's sake, and probably still will when i hit 30. adults playing handhelds in public seems childish though

Hate that ugly kike

Playing video games when you're 15-20 is even worse.

It's bad.

Reading good books is fine. Most of your time should be spent exercising and learning cool shit. But in this construct, we need to continuously produce the same shit over and over again.

I don't know if that pewdiepie is pandering or what, in an attempt to stay relevant, but man, when he mentioned his age and stuff in his video, it kinda resonated with me.

I'm 25 now and I haven't really played video games as much as I used to. Perhaps it's because the entertainment industry is shit now (video games, movies, mainstream music). It's steered in a direction where making money is the only priority. nothing mainstream is original anymore. it's all purely following trends, less risk taking, and pandering. Literally like hearing the same joke, over and over and over again. I just feel too burnt out on it.

I like to really think it's that I'm getting a tad too old for this shit though.

Who did he vote for again?

>everytime i sit down to play a game i quit within minutes because i feel i should be doing something more productive
>spend hours browsing Sup Forums
>????

>15-20

I think it's even more worse before that though. kids should be outside and interacting with others, or doing something more mentally stimulating when they're young.

There is no difference between reading fiction and playing video games.

>e
is this a good or bad thing

Did he try to make himself as revolting as possible or what

hah, you read my mind. i don't know why casual internet browsing doesn't register as a time-waster when it totally is

lol not even close autist.

It's a game, is playing monopoly a hobby?

no

yeah our generation invented the best video games
we're not stopping now

My girlfriend 's uncle is in his 50s and he owns like every console since the late 70s. He has thousands of games. Works as tech manager for a big hospital system. Cool guy. Also redpilled.

Hilary Clinton, I'm voting for Hilary clinton.

how is reading books a hobby

>men in their 30s and 40s are still writing poetry
fags

video games provide too much instant gratification. they're addictive. reading on the other hand doesn't condition you in the same way.

And spending your time on an illegal bhutanese pidgeon racing forum is ok?

>video games provide too much instant gratification
Entirely depends on what game you play. If you read schlocky romance novels you could say that they provide too much instant gratification too.

videogames>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>modern women

>Sup Forums's community is just Sup Forums twats who cannot give up their own self-indulgences in the name of saving the white man from extinction.

Men of that age were the first generation to grow up with video games: something that didn't exist before them. That's why they are and older generations aren't.

hob·by1
ˈhäbē/Submit
noun
an activity done regularly in one's leisure time for pleasure.
"her hobbies are reading and gardening"
synonyms: pastime, leisure activity, leisure pursuit; More

faggot

How many white babies have you pumped out?

>everytime i sit down to play a game i quit within minutes because i feel i should be doing something more productive
>spend hours browsing Sup Forums
>waste precious exam prep time
>????
>definitely not profit

>TFW used to love vidya, but realized it's fuckign shit tier these days

fps mostly, sometimes roguelikes.

What happened to 'everything in moderation'? I don't play games anymore myself but that's because I got bored of them, I didn't reach a certain age and think 'welp that's it according to someone's (?) arbitrary standard I'm too old now'.

The fuck makes the dude's face like that?

the most interesting face i ever seen that

t. autist who has never touched a woman before

plenty of people play video games and have children

i literally don't have a race, fuck off

Using a wide angle lens to film. Also, being a Jew.

Stop this woodworking meme

Salty much?

>Degenerate electronic music should be a capitol offense
I don't know about that though. Sure, there's a TON of degenerate electronic music that is shit, but there are still a lot of artists that pour in a lot of soul and traditional music theory into their work. With electronic music and the tech/daws that one can use, the bar can be set at any height, it's just a shame most electronic music producers set them low. I'm just saying not all of them do though.

What do you do for a living mate?

Whatever it is, I bet he has more money than you.

Much more.

Maybe you're just a bit jealous of his success? :^)

>men in their 30s and 40s are still watching movies and TV
If they're watching film, cinema or kino it's a good thing. If they're watching movies, flicks or the electric Jew, it's a bad thing.
>men in their 30s and 40s are still listening to music
If it's any other genre besides hip hop, rap, popular music and other degenerate nigger genres, it's fine.
>men in their 30s and 40s are still reading books
Literature is one of the highest art forms, so it's probably one of the best things you could be doing, regardless of age.
>men in their 30s and 40s are still playing video games
Absolutely degenerate, it's basically a children's toy and about as bad as being a furry.

There is literally nothing wrong with electronic music, complaining about it is fedora-tier.

>t. someone who can't stand 99% of the stuff personally

Yeah I can see that.

Books teach you knowledge, they require effort. People will respect you for reading books.

Nobody will respect you for playing video games. Because it takes LOW effort, you WON'T learn anything (nothing substantial anyway), and they're designed for fucking children.

truly not an argument at all

Disconnect your Electricity.

Grow your own Food.

>playing games for fun

fucking retard

I don't play games for fun. I take it very seriously

I'd like to see a child have a crack at Darkest Hour

He's probably talking about dudebro EDM. Playing synths requires the same stuff that playing a guitar requires. And even if you don't actually play the instruments live, actually composing the music still takes talent.

Not all books are "literature" though, just like all video games aren't CoD and all movies aren't Michael Bay movies.

Again, books run the gamut from children's shit to shitty genre fiction, to masterpieces of the English language. And not all video games are Call of Duty or Mario. Most video games won't generally teach you about useful real life stuff but neither will reading Twilight.

How many children have YOU had then m8s?

However many it is, I guarantee your success with women would be greater if you didn't play fucking video games