Give me a single reason, without using your feelings, why funerals and cemeteries make sense?

Give me a single reason, without using your feelings, why funerals and cemeteries make sense?

They seem to be enormous waste of space, time and energy. They are dead, they live no more. Deal with it. Get over it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Br9yKQQT9wc
youtube.com/watch?v=yOV8mBjHHYg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Would you like to live in a society where we have no feelings?

It seems I already do.

ressurection of the dead, read the bible dude.

Its a Roman Catholic tradition.

Respecting the dead is something White people do.

Yes I would. At least one where your feeling are never public and have no social impact.

Cemeteries are worthless. (((They))) have created this system of waste disposal as a control for their christcucks.

So people can study us in the future. Like the dead babies at Carthage.

i find funerals weird in general. Buddys fucking dead, he doesnt give a fuck. do whatever with him, you should have said nice shit about him while he was alive

also death isnt shitty for the dead person, its only the people alive its shitty for. If something toooo sad happens why not just kill the people who were closely effected so its not as sad anymore
obvious flaw with that is that everyone has their own social cirlce and the killing might expenentially increase, its just kind of a thought experiment.
"if everyone was dead who cared did it ever really matter?"

The USSR is

many current societies dispose of dead corpses.

Commies are pussies.
The reason you want your feeling to have social power is because you have nothing better to offer. You lack the intelligence to guide your society through ideas so you want your feels to guide you.

It's the place for paying respect to your deceased beloved ones.

>They seem to be enormous waste of space
Yes, all the new Wendy's and welfare homes that could be build there.

culture, civilization, and higher thinking all began when some pre-humans gathered around another dead pre-human and all felt the same in that something essential had changed, something more than the actual event itself had taken place.

when we venerate the dead we are beings capable of foresight. for if we do not regard the dead as departed in body but present in spirit, we have no rational underpinnings for the kind of society in which 'old men plant tree's under whose shade they will never rest'.

This, literally just chuck me out in the woods and let the wolves eat me. Don't spend thousands of dollars trapping my preserved corpse in a buried wooden box to help take up an ever growing amount of land space forever

>At least one where your feeling are never public and have no social impact.

Move to japan then, their society is all about suppressing your emotions. I mean why do you think the suicide rates are so high. No one gives a fuck how you feel, no one is going to try and help you.

>why funerals and cemeteries make sense?
To me they don't. But I suppose people can do whatever they want so it's none of my business, right?

>Honouring your dead seems to be enormous waste of space, time and energy.

This is degeneracy in its purest form.
Do you lack a soul?

Good. As long as the suicide rate is high then we are getting rid of the weak minded people that don't deserve life. If the suicide rate was higher here maybe we would have such horrible social policies.

I'm not saying you can't cry and wail all you want at home. I'm just saying that your feelings should have no social power.

really man, fuck. It seems so retarded that its literally illigal

people who kill themselves are often times the smartest people because they see throught the bullshit

But i guess an american would be the one to value retardation....

Most people don't have autism so they experience bonds with other humans.

Pretty sure it predates that, the Church just added some rituals like digging up suicide corpses and beheading them.

I sometimes wonder how earth will deal with the billions of corpses coming down the pipe...

becuz

>muh dick

>muh dick

is a good excuse for everything

Anyone that would kill themselves was nother smart enough to survive. Darwinism at its finest. I wouldnt expect a leaf to understand the nuances of evolution.

lefties are some pretty stupid pieces of meat

and some people can emotionally grow because they dont have a limitted IQ and realise that death is inevitable and standing around talking BULLSHIT about an inanimate object has to be one of the most rediculous things you could possibly do. Tell your family memeber you respect them while theyre alive and stop trying to get twitter likes with your "thoughts and prayers"

funerals are for the people attending. The person is already dead.

It eases existential angst since you'll know that when your time comes, you will also be honored and remembered.

This is degenerate. Honoring your ancestors with a holy burial is a spiritual work.

you are fucking retarded.
first evolution cant happen with a multi billion person population
second only speds kill themselves for being sad, smart people kill themselves because they realise emotions arnt real and consciousness is a fucking joke

does it bother anyone that most of the stuff people say at funerals is fictional as fuck?

unless each small pocket of that population were totally isolated.

Evolution is always taking place.
Every person that dies has an affect on society. A ripple in an ocean.

If you do not have the mental fortitude to survive the realization that life is meaningless you do not deserve to exist. Your death is a blessing to society.

OP has no soul.

That means you're either an autist or a chink.

Because it's a tradition, and part of our culture. We need to not let our culture perish if we wanna still be who we are.

I bet you kiss prostitutes. Probably cried a tear for all the kikes that didn't get a proper burial. Funerals are for the emotionaly retarded masses that can't control their emotions.

you're right, we need to stop spending money on funerals for these racist whiteys and more on importing, feeding, and housing refugees ;^)

its not mental fortitude you fuck, obviously. considering you are probably a little bitch in real life.
and no man, it has effectively stopped, its like saying the air in your tires is currently leaking. I mean it is but its so fucking negligable it doesnt count for fuck all. Why do you think they only find fossils of specific species? because the fast evolution stages happen at the smallest population levels

All you could say is that if you died off it might help the cultural evolution of the people in your social bubble. but not really because most people ignore retarded faggots anyways

theres a difference between giving up because youre sad and giving up because " why bother"

i meant to say^

and who we are?

cucks, morons, lazy fucks, slavshits?

Poolan literally does not exist, our culture has just died

youtube.com/watch?v=Br9yKQQT9wc

>if you experience emotions you're stupid
not everyone is born with autism like you

kinda dumb to hold onto a culture that was meant to enslave us before we got wise to it...

if you give into your emotions youre stupid and have no willpower or mental acuity. autistic people dont feel, smart people know how to control it. FAGGOT

There is no difference. The fact that you don't understand that is proof that you haven't figured this shit out yet.

Either you are strong enough to survive or you are not. Period.

Social evolution is a sub form of genetic evolution. Spend a few days reading about it and get back to me.

do you hate fun
you cant spell funeral without saying "fun"

Honoring your ancestors are a very white thing to do.

Obviously kike move. Take my words, change them, then say I am mentally ill.

You can feel emotions. I am have emotions, I just don't let them change the way I function. Everything has a time and a place.

>be younger edgelord
>don't want to visit grandma's grave with mom
>ask if grandma is a ghost why is she hanging out at a graveyard?
>get slapped feel bad

They are not for the dead. They are for the living, to give closure and peace of mind for the people surviving the deceased. Even the most backward and intellectually stunted tribes in the bush and jungles of Africa and South America have funeral rites, because it's a method of keeping the morale of the surviving tribe high even in the face of loss.

>smart people don't feel grief
*unsheathes katana*

because to become a sun, I need to be prepared for the afterlife

Isnt this one of the few things that separate us from animals?

It kinda makes sense it's illegal, tho. Imagine how difficult it would be to know which corpse belongs to a murder victim and which one belongs to a normal person.

Im pretty sure it takes guts to kill yourself. I didnt kill myself when i was a little ass kid because i was too scared to do it, not because i was strong enough not too. your argument is retarded

Also cultural evolution has nothing to do with genes. People from sentinel island have the exact same dna as anyone else. ( i assume). In a small isolated population it could lead to evolution because someone could value something a different culture did not and lead to the person with that trait surviving. But talking about evolution about todays society is fucking stupid. To say someone is helping society by dropping out of the gene pool is an absolutly rediculous statement because
1. by the time it had any effect we'll probably be robots
2. if it were to have any effect what so ever we're talking on the millions of years scale.

ancient egyptians were the exact same as us and im sure some of them probably killed themselves.

I bet your the type of person who attributes surviving cancer to mental strenght. Youre a fucking retarded american cunt and you literally dont know shit about shit.

Again you misinterpret what I say. I feel grief, briefly, for my honored dead. But they are dead and no longer worth thinking about. Move forward.

i didnt say they dont feel, i said They know when to let themselves and they know how to rationalise.
My retarded friends all go to jail because they cant balance their anger with the thought of " i think ill punch him later, theres a cop over there"
the emotions just over ride, and you typically dont see that impulsive reaction in higher IQ individuals

/thread

Humans are not robots and morale and mental stability are just another part of the human condition.

it seems like we agree on some shi youre saying to other peoplet, but your views on suicide are just wrong. you obviously think your much more hardcore then you really are.

post a pic of yourself. i have a theory that youre a little bitch.

SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE

>cancer and mental strength
You attribute beliefs I don't have to me. Makes me wonder how often you assume things about other people and life based on emotional responses.

Social evolution has a direct effect on genetic evolution. If mixing races becomes mainstream then the genetic outcome changes.

It is obvious that you do not have the intellect to understand nuance.

correct but at some point in a cultures timeline, the people should have enough information and introspection to grow out of that shit and realise whats real and whats not

Disposing of bodies the ceremony part unnecessary tho

And they need to realize when they are being taken advantage of. Funerals and tombstones are not cheap, nor do the graves withstand the test of time. You're paying $10,000+ to stare at a patch of grass with a rock on it.

>not firing your body into space
>risking becoming a zombie
>or worse

youtube.com/watch?v=yOV8mBjHHYg

i think you have shit mixed dude. The only race geneticall different is the nepalese because they are the ony ones who interbred with denisovans.

Dogs arnt evolved from wolves, dogs are wolves with different physical attributes.

Theres a difference between aesthetic changes and genetic changes. and Social shit CAN have an effect, such as the fact we lived in groups directly fucks with are brain structure and ability to read body language and all that shit. But social evolution like what youre talking about is waaaay to short term to have any effect what so ever in a large population

Sounds like paradise.
>tfw wasn't born a nip

for sure, death has almost always been a power thing. Like back in the day, The guy who told you the best story about what happend when you died was either the cheif or pretty fucking close of your tribe. and with modern religions you had to such the leaders dick to make sure your family members made it to a decent place when they died. Its like enslaving people based on their emotions and its kind of fucking wrong as shit

This.

Our world needs a balance of emotion and logic.

Intelligence doesn't always make you more fit to survive.

Real life should be like star wars, where Yoda just fades away, that's the only rational reality.

>Its like enslaving people based on their emotions and its kind of fucking wrong as shit
Watching grieving loved ones deal with the handling of funeral payment for an life insurance-less deceased other is quite an eye opener. Downright infuriating actually watching the director, or whomever, act like a car salesman with a box of tissues.

Because human beings attach meaning to things like every other intelligent species out there. Even elephants have funeral for their fallen brethren. Same question could be asked, why do you live? Surely you will have negligible impact on this Earth and the people around it. Why live? Give me a rational explanation why you being alive makes sense to the human race?

like my boner after i fuked ur mum

It's people's way of dealing with it, it makes them get over it. Obviously they waste space

it doesnt make sense thats why funerals are retarded

did you ever see those mausoleam things were people are just put in a box behind a door and sometimes they blow up from the gas that builds up in them and someone has to mop up their bodily fluids? its hilarious but not what ide call "healthy closure"

>without using your feelings
Funerals exist because of sentiment and emotion. This isn't a bad thing.

Culture.

Ceremony:
The moment of thought about who the dead was, what he/she did. To remember the input he/she had on us and our future.

Grave: to recall those memories in order to be connected to the past.

And tradition is also cultural thing.

Those are my thoughts about it.

A lot of shit doesn't make sense yet we still do them anyway. Like most people will be stuck forever doing the same shit everyday: wake up, eat, shit, work, eat again, work some more, go home, eat a third meal, sleep and repeat. Yet the majority of people don't kill themselves, even so everyone hates this shit.

Get a load of this faggot

Degenerate atheist scum.

When Jesus comes back the dead will rise up.

That's why it's important to be buried and not cremated.

>This isn't a bad thing

You might be on the wrong website my friend.

Do you even know what
>existential angst
is?

so are you agreeing with me?

yeah, ive been argueing with him for an hour. Hes on the verge of good ideas but theyre all just based on him being a fucking faggot

it feels good to bury things and have a resting place. i couldn't bury my dog and it feels bad. can't imagine if it were my parents.

"They seem to be enormous waste of space, time and energy"

like everything here

It is way older than that. Way older.
There are cemetaries/burial places in Estonia dating back to the times when Estonia was populated after the ice sheet retreated. 10k years back.

Religion.

/thread

How fucking autistic can you be, OP?

top kek

This guy sounds like an angsty 14 year old.

Anthony Soprano Jr says hi.

you must be closer to the canadian border then him

Holy shit i remember when i was 14 and edgy like u fa ggot, go get a girlfriend if u cant do that, kill yourself no one needs u

Move to India friend, they don't waste time with cemeteries, trashcans, or toilets.

No. I'm just saying that you consider funerals pointless because their based on feelings. Living life is retarded because the majority of it is suffering for most people. So logically it'll be better to kill ourselves. But no, we don't do that because we hang on to hope for the future by reflecting on our past, such as seeing the flaws that led us to this temporary feeling of nihilism and working out ways to fix it before it does become permanent or to hang on to those rare positive moments in our lives as a source of strength to keep us going like a good trip on LSD. Funerals are a great place, if you happen to know the decease well enough, to reflect on how having them in your life has affected you and to contemplate how the values and wisdom that they may have passed on to you may impact your future. Hence why people do eulogies in Western funerals.

Moar bones for the masters offering!

Think about all the people who died this year, then think about all the nasty smell, then the disease and nasty shit coming from there. It's like you want a new plague.

>Suppressing your emotions in public
There is a difference, they are still very respectful of the dead and moral. No need for crying on buses like in america.

poison, groundwater, etc.
since we don't burn every dead body cemeteries make sense.

Sooooo.... how many close ones have you personally lost?