Why not raise the minimum wage to $15 an hour? give me literally one good reason why we shouldn't

why not raise the minimum wage to $15 an hour? give me literally one good reason why we shouldn't

>implying mcdonalds and walmart cant afford to pay a living wage

Other urls found in this thread:

usdebtclock.org/
youtube.com/watch?v=IFbYM2EDz40
fee.org/articles/seattles-minimum-wage-hike-didnt-help-low-wage-workers/
foxnews.com/politics/2015/07/22/seattle-sees-fallout-from-15-minimum-wage-as-other-cities-follow-suit.html
forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2016/02/19/seattles-15-minimum-wage-jobs-down-unemployment-up-this-isnt-working-is-it/#de53d3437123
forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2016/07/26/seattles-minimum-wage-rise-is-reducing-employment-in-seattle-i-was-right-in-predicting-this/#3bd506df4e6c
farm.ewg.org/region.php?fips=13000
ajc.com/entertainment/movies/atlanta-explosive-film-and-growth-the-numbers/vJ5qcYzqz37YQDcRxOY48L/
wsj.com/articles/georgias-booming-film-industry-produces-shortage-of-crew-members-1423242778
11alive.com/money/gas-film-industry-rakes-in-staggering-2-billion-in-single-year/286361343
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Then everything will just become more expensive.

Because it completely shuts out teenagers and inexperienced young workers. They get passed over for people 10+ years older than them with job experience.

Also

>living wage

did it occur to you shit being too expensive is a bigger problem than wages?

>everything will be more expensive if the 7.5% of workers on minimum wage suddenly get a living wage

no it won't get more expensive

>math
>economics
not rocket science

Raising minimum wage does nothing but devalue everything. It will not help be a "living wage" because the costs of everything either go up or the jobs get automated.

More money in the economy and not being immediately spent (namely through company profits) drives everything up, causing inflation, and then everyone makes about the same in purchasing power, but with bigger numbers.

Why not raise it to a million dollars an hour? Can you think of any reasons that might not work?

It does though.

You will get what amounts to a net 0% change in purchasing power, but guess what? the money you were saving for a house is now worth less, and the house costs more.

What math are you trying to present? That's a "no u" post.

minimum wage is a living wage.

just not for you & your five kids whom you're too stupid not to have before you've got a career

The price increase of those goods will be equal to the raise of the wage, so the workers who receive a higher minimum wage will have no benefit from it.

>why not raise the minimum wage to $150 an hour? give me literally one good reason why we shouldn't

>why not raise the minimum wage to $1500 an hour? give me literally one good reason why we shouldn't

>why not raise the minimum wage to $15000 an hour? give me literally one good reason why we shouldn't

The cost of living varies from region to region.

why not create better jobs that pay more?

ONLY 7.5% of people are on minimum wage

a tiny portion of the workforce getting a LIVING wage isn't going to make prices go up! thats bullshit

That's spending money they potentially don't have.

not an argument

why not raise the minimum wage to 20 dorus but also raise the taxes by 50%.

>raise minimum wage to a dollar amount higher than the wages of workers that have spent years to achieve because people don't want to learn a skill

What could go wrong?

Small businesses would have many financial troubles

Wages rise = hyper inflation.

Look at Australia as the shining example for this question.

or will it? Because if minimum wage goes up, consumtpion goes up, so the increased costs in paying the workforce is likely to be compensated by more people consuming

>what is economy of scale

i know this is a shitposting thread

but many employees make $12 an hour for example, so they would also get a raise

so its not 7.5% of the population getting a raise

actually, if you raise the minimum wage then prices go up.

>7.5 percent of workers

and what happens to people earning 8 or 9 dollars an hour? They would have to get 16 or 18 dollars an hour to be fair

if you cant afford to pay workers a living wage you dont deserve to be in business

jokes on you, I have no money saved and neither do most americans

No, for most goods the consumption even decreases if the price goes up. And the price goes up because of the increase of the wage.

Minimum wage should be as high as possible.

This will create a tremendous incentive for increased automation and catapult us into a new era.

Work is for barbarians.

Because the minimum wage in bum fuck no where, Idaho doesn't need to be $15

Most are actually in debt haha.

because people with real jobs would leave them to get paid 15 dollars an hour to put buggers inside of double quarter pounders all dat.

Why should people be paid that much for a high school student's job?

This has to be bait

Any additional money entering the economy makes prices go up. Every single penny.

Your portion just contributes billionths of a percent. Multiply that millions of times over, for hundreds of thousands of dollars, and you're now making values for items go up.

This is simple economics, and if you cannot understand you are functionally missing something important. You just understand this to know why $15/hour (jumping from $7.XX) does not work.

The argument "why not raise it to $150" expresses it perfectly, you simply have 0 rebuttal for that argument and try to dismiss it lul

as a resident of bumfuck nowhere, ID i disagree strongly

cuz i would work for 10$ but now they will just hire less people and ill be fucked out of a job even more fucked than i already am with a 7$ minimum wage

Australia has a 15 dollar minimum wage and everything just costs double there.

It evens out. There's no point.

It's an absolutely arbitrary number and the "argument" for it isn't based upon economic reality but feeling.

Saying it's only 7.5% is not an argument. It's still represent billions of dollars. Prices would rise. It's just how economics works.

Why not raise it to $100 per hour, or a million?

$150 is a ridiculous strawman argument

$15 is the bare minimum wage needed to survive

CEOs must make at least 20 million a year. Those people do the hardest jobs, and they deserve to be rewarded.

the only correct answer is to protect the supply of sour creme and onion chips.

Bullshit. All a minimum wage increase does is help low wage workers have a better life. If anything if we have a min wage we should have a max wage.

Wealth inequality this day and age is insane.

Why not cut out entitlements for able bodied workers and lower taxes so that 7.50 would actually go into the pocket of the person making 7.50?

>implying higher-ups salaries will not be cut to make up for the new minimum wage

there is no "additional money" being added into the system... it will come from higher ups who are paid way too much, or it will force businesses to become more efficient

You are raising the cost to produce goods, therefore logically the price would go up. The companies producing the shit aren't going to eat the increased costs and yes, labor is a cost.

No it won't. Goods prices aren't pegged to the cost of the lowest wage worker.

whatever you do, don't make our debt worse then it already is, the US debt already too scary. usdebtclock.org/

>Wealth inequality this day and age is insane.
Are all people who advocate for minimum wage this retarded? Or are you just trolling?

Cause i don't wanna have to pay $10 for milk

These. I live in Seattle, I pay $1200/mo for a really shitty studio. $15/hr is literally the bare minimum for living.

I used to live in Spokane, I paid $700/mo for a huge 2 bedroom place with a basement rec room, a garage, dishwasher, in-unit washer/dryer, and fucking yard.

Minimum wage needs to be case by case.

It doesn't solve the underlying problem. Most people making minimum wage are just flat out irresponsible. Giving them more money just means they'll waste more money.

I have lived on minimum wage before, right out of high school. It meant eating a lot of pasta/ramen, clipping coupons and riding the bus. It means going without some common luxuries.

A lot of these people asking for increases just don't want to cut back. Look at all those black women with their expensive braids saying they can't feed their 3 kids. Look at the "working poor" wearing trendy shoes and jewelry. And even with the government often providing for their basic needs(food stamps, housing assistance), they still claim to not have enough to live on. These people can prioritize their spending, and no pay increase is gonna fix that.

>>implying higher-ups salaries will not be cut to make up for the new minimum wage
It won't. It will be transferred to the consumer just like it is every time minimum wage is raised. Uou don't have to make predictions because the minimum wage has been raised before dummy.

7.50$ aint helping any1 so if ur gonna have a min wage its gotta be more but 15$ is retarded and will make it impossible to get a job if ur a person with no experience

Thats called inflation. What's to stop minimum wage being a million dollars and a box of eggs being 500 grand

When minimum wage goes up is when every cashier, waiter, waitress ect will become automated.

Move

5 fucking times this threads been on here today.
How many times do you want the same fucking answers you mong.

>Minimum wage needs to be case by case.

Oh so we need planning...hm...preferably...central planning. Central planning from teh federeal government to set prices! :^)

Don't see how minimum wage is communist yet?

fuck that, CEOs deserve nothing for evading taxes and fucking over the american economy.

This: youtube.com/watch?v=IFbYM2EDz40

Also it happened in Seattle when the wage was just 11.40-13 dollars for McDonald's tier companies. A lot of part time jobs were created and that caused a lot of unemployment spikes throughout the year in those sectors. Hopefully it does good in 2017 though

Sources:

fee.org/articles/seattles-minimum-wage-hike-didnt-help-low-wage-workers/

foxnews.com/politics/2015/07/22/seattle-sees-fallout-from-15-minimum-wage-as-other-cities-follow-suit.html

forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2016/02/19/seattles-15-minimum-wage-jobs-down-unemployment-up-this-isnt-working-is-it/#de53d3437123

forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2016/07/26/seattles-minimum-wage-rise-is-reducing-employment-in-seattle-i-was-right-in-predicting-this/#3bd506df4e6c

Nothing will change until we get rid of our current central banking system. The economy runs on debt now because of it.

that's OP's entire "argument". If people are willing to take OP seriously enough to entertain his question, may as well this guy.

>why not raise the minimum wage to $15 an hour? give me literally one good reason why we shouldn't

Why $15? Let's make it $30.

>If anything if we have a min wage we should have a max wage.
If you create value, then you should be rewarded accordingly. Thus, there should be not maximum wage, except for (((them))) because they exploit (((their))) fortune against our interests.

Also, if there is a maximum wage, the most value creating people would just move to another country or become demotivated.

Ummm yes it does. They money doesn't just come out of nowhere someone's gotta pay it and it coffees to the goods and services. If a McDonald's did $15/hr the prices you see now will not be the same. If they did that they'd lose so much money. Big Mac's would be $10-$12 or so. Just a soda would be $5

increasing taxes is actually bad and companies have left the US because of very high taxes.

Why not kill all jews? Give me literally one good reason why we shouldnt.

The minimum wage in Seattle is 15$ per hour.
And what is the unemployment rate? only 3.3%.

Georgia has a minimum wage of 5.15$. wnd what is the unemployment rate? 6.3%.

Bernie Sanders was right all along

every time this thread comes up, i wonder why an intro level economics course isn't mandatory in school

>the prices you see now will not be the same.

mcdonalds is like eating at a expensive restaurant now even with a low minimum wage its like 5$ for a hamburger

im not kidding , its not cheap anymore like the early 2000's

Minimum wage at $15 => everyone currently working for under $15 gets fired and replaced with robots.

How fucking stupid are people on the left? It doesn't seem to matter what the subject is, their opinions are always the most retarded. If it takes me 13 seconds to show why you're retarded, you might actually be retarded.

Entry level work deserves entry level pay

You don't deserve to make 15$ an hour working at McDonalds or Walmart unless you are management

Why do people think that you SHOULD make a living wage off these jobs? THey are meant for teenagers and college kids to have some pocket money or paying phone bills and the like

Just because you are a massive failure who is working retail as a career doesn't mean you deserve more money

>implying affordability is the primary basis of personnel decisions

Marginal utility of labor senpai, minimum wage sucks

For some economists, they believe the minimum wage should NOT exist. Why? Well according to micro theory, a person should be paid their marginal revenue product (MRP). Now there are two components of MRP = Marginal Revenue (MR) * Marginal Product (MP). A person's marginal product (MP), is how much additional output/sales/production they can produce for a business, and Marginal Revenue (MR) is how much additional revenue that person brings into the business. Before Continuing remember MRP = MR*MP. The major issue have with a minimum wage is that workers are being paid more than their MRP and this is directly caused by minimum wage laws.

Furthermore, minimum wage laws contort our labor markets. How do they contort them? Minimum wage laws create structural unemployment and do not allow labor markets to clear. Structural unemployment is caused by a difference between the number of jobs available and the trained potential workers. This mismatch arises due to a potential worker's actual worth being less than the prevailing minimum wages - i.e. worker's MRP < Minimum wage.

In sum, worker's are not worth $15/hour, and we can show this mathematically. The economy would work better if we had no minimum wage laws, as markets could clear naturally through the forces of supply and demand.

your Jew lies won't work on us, Shlomo.

> it will come from higher ups who are paid way too much, or it will force businesses to become more efficient

is this bait? lel
when have you ever seen an example of this

Why not tying the minimum wage to an index based on costs of living? If you live in bumfuck nowhere you get less, if you live in a city you'd get more. The problem is, corporations would rather burn money on a pile instead of giving their workers a raise.
My boss would rather give me a fucking laptop and a new cellphone than a 50£ raise per month.

In high school my civics/economics course was taught by the basketball teacher. For a whole year this nigger would come in the room, tell us to read chapter one, and then sit at his desk and cram cheese crackers into his mouth. Never even had one test, he just passed us all.

so fucking what? i don't want selfish, abusive companies ruining my economy. get the fuck out if you won't pay the taxes

If you don't raise the minimum wage, there will always be people working 8 hours a day and getting paid a pure bullshit salary.

Even if YOU leave your low paying job, someone else will have to do it.

The only way to make sure everyone who work 8 hours a day will get paid fairly is to increase the minimum wage.

Ask yourself who is going to pay for the additional costs in the production process.

i say we just get rid of immigrants and kick most of the women out of the workforce. wages are kept low by surplus of labor

Brilliant words, aquafresh
In fact, raise it to $150
That will push tens of millions of workers into unemployment
Most businesses worth less than a couple hundred million dollars would go bankrupt
Those tens of millions unemployed starve to death(provided welfare is removed entirely)
Smaller population
Survival of the fittest
BOOM, DEGENERACY REMOVED
SPACE AGE ERA BEGINS

Yes user let's get rid of all immigrants! let's let rightful native americans get america back

How?

an israeli posting this made my day. thanks schlomo

How?

dumbass, taxes should not be raised, it will be bad for all of us.

>American "citizens"
>Immigrants
Nice try shlomo, we conquered this land rightfully

Seattle has a booming tech sector, it's very rarely going to have high unemployment. Unless wages increase for bottom of the rung businesses

(see )

They have a big agricultural sector which is subsidized by the gubment so they don't have to worry about employing people really

>farm.ewg.org/region.php?fips=13000

Also Georgia is actually having a lot of films made their instead of California due to the low minimum wage

>ajc.com/entertainment/movies/atlanta-explosive-film-and-growth-the-numbers/vJ5qcYzqz37YQDcRxOY48L/

>wsj.com/articles/georgias-booming-film-industry-produces-shortage-of-crew-members-1423242778

>11alive.com/money/gas-film-industry-rakes-in-staggering-2-billion-in-single-year/286361343

Try again kike

> rightfully
> Literally a near genocide of native americans

>rightful

McDonald's pays $8.50 an hour
you are asking for them to nearly double their wages
And you think they won't feel anything from that kind of hit?
80% of McDonald's employees don't even deserve that pay they eat the food and throw it at each other

t. former McDonald's employee

fuck off Shlomo, go Jew somewhere else.

kek and they're talking about $15 usd as well
imagine $20/hr cad cashiers at mcdonalds kek

Did it occur to you that 7.5 % of 127,000,000 is still a big number (and that's just number of full time workers)

shut up about what people deserve
were trying to create the best pay for everyone and have it still function

Stop shilling against jews, Sup Forums is a zionist board

kys JIDF

either $10 or no minimum wage, please choose.