Is climate change/global warming a problem?

Should we be worried about melting ice? How come all these scientists believe it and have all these studies that verify it? I've done some research, but what the hell am I supposed to believe? I can't know what is fake, aren't I just choosing to believe something then just getting statistics that match that belief? Help

Other urls found in this thread:

euvox.eu/
youtube.com/results?search_query=corbett report climate change
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>tfw half of Africa moves north in the next ten years because of drought

Exciting times ahead, lads.

climate change used to be known as global warming, and before that it was known as global cooling

it basically means nothing, and it would mean nothing had there not been the claim it is also "men made"

making "men made" "climate change" a problem is beneficial to several parties, mainly the europeans. and it is from them that we mostly get our "facts"

it is beneficial to them because:
- it slows down the US and Chinese economies, making the EU more competitive
- it increased the sales of "green machines", which is a growing industry in germany / europe
- it reduces EU dependence on oil, from Russia and the Middle east (and other). this is an economic / safety but also a political issue
- it creates "green" political parties for cucks to throw their votes into, thinking "it's the biggest problem facing humanity"
- it helps develop technologies we can use in space (which is where the future wealth is, and EU wants to be ahead on that race)

there are also other interests involved
i'm not saying there is no truth to it, but they have been pushing it for a very long time now and it is very political. a lot of the "facts" are either misinterpreted, misleading or hidden

I think we need to develope fire extinguisher drones to indescriminatly put out fires in the third world. This will drasticly slow climate change.

if you do this test you can see what the "green" parties stand for
euvox.eu/

and it is more migration

(btw, for that EU "presidential" election, the green party nominee (pic related) from wiki: "studied Islamic studies, Turkish and Jewish Studies at Free University of Berlin and at Sabancı Üniversitesi in Istanbul. She speaks, besides her native tongue German, also fluent English, French and Spanish, as well as some Turkish and Arabic.")

interesting, do you have any links to statistics or anything that disproves bizarre claims made by leftists? Something to read up on or look to for proof would be nice

I don't sea a problem with this

this guys talks often about climate change

youtube.com/results?search_query=corbett report climate change

in the "show notes" / video description / his site he is very good at proving sources you can read for yourself

>those hairy arms

wtf i love climate change now

if there ever were to be any rise in sea levels, europe would be most affected

africa least affected

>no san francisco
>no boston
>no jew york
wtf i like global warming now

>in the center not connected to the ocean
How did it get there?

I'm not drowning, we lose nothing if Helsinki and couple others full of niggers will get submerged.

Its because climate change doesn't want to be called racist.

So there will be a lot more fresh water sources and major leftist cities like Berlin, London, Stockholm and New York City will be submerged. Sounds like a good thing to me.

from the south, and possibly might create fertile lands in that desert area over time.

liberal tears

Chile raising thanks to hearthquakes.....HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAAHHAAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH!!.

.....Buenos Aires DOOM....HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAAHAAHHAHAHAHAHA

What they're really complaining about is elevated atmospheric CO2, which is way higher than anything we see from Antarctic ice cores. When it comes to environmental effects of this, ocean acidification is way more pertinent than global temperature changes (thanks Al Gore).

fresh water would get btfo by salt water

it's not man-made and won't affect you in this lifetime or the next. everyone crying about it are just babies.

you don't really need any, because they have burden of proof, never forget that

they will spout random shit like "LE 99.99% OF SCIENTISTS" which literally means nothing, it's the purest form of appeal to authority

all you need to know is that the current prescribed remedy for man made climate change is an increase in taxes, which alone should immediately raise a red flag

>Europa most affected
Are you retarded or what?
China affected Coast line has got as many inhabitant as the whole Europe.
US coast line concentrate 2/3 of its GDP and highest Purchasing power.
There is still India, SE Asia, Indonesia and Pakistan to take in account, This without to speak about Africa, says only the heavy weight: Nigeria, Egypt and S. Africa...

>giant inland body of water
>Half of Australia because lush fertile farmscape
>the Chinese colonists all move there and Australia becomes the Chink version of America within a century
wew

>haha let really important cities drown because they annoy me
Sup Forums is so fucking anti American

I remember seeing in this documentary leftists were pushing for Africa to use solar panels or whatever for energy, and it was wicked expensive. It is as if those extremist lefties fantasize medieval times and blame capitalism, yet I doubt they could live in the conditions that African's live in with no technology

why do you think veganism keeps getting shilled? more veganism = more leftist votes

fuck

>Alberta
>1000m above sea level
>6 months of brutal winter with temps in the -40C
>literally larger than Europe size landmass utterly uninhabitable due to cold
>warmer temps
>a bad thing

Unless you can command China and to a lesser extent Australia to force its population to go greener, there's nothing that we can do if they're right.
Those air filters that turn carbon in the air into blocks are pretty cool, though.

i bet norway agrees

>any rise in sea levels

I think what you're posting is a 'worst case both polar ice caps gone' scenario.

Either way, I'm living at 6,000ft elevation with fresh water sources, don't really gib a fug

>thinking 50 years of temp data is significantly significant in a time frame of 4.5 billion years

The older I get the more I realize I really don't give a flying fuck what happens to any of you faggots when I die, I'll be dead.

Liberal hives

How foolish can you be? Have you been living in a basement throughout your existence?

I don't mean to be funny, but seeing your country tag makes me think that you are definitely in some sort of socioeconomic and mental predicament.

We live in an Anthropocene period, where excessive use of various natural resources by the growing population is causing substantial strain on the planet. Full Stop. - Is this so hard to grasp?

I work for an investment management fund (buy-side), and we are the guys who are meant to drill down on these things facts to attain the best return for our clients in the most prudent manner. Yet here we are, thinking ahead and investing in green industries, not because it is trendy or benefitting Europe (frivolous assertion by you), but because it is sustainable and the right thing to do going forward.

I know for a fact you are a failure in life just by observing you use "cuck" as a filler word. Perhaps you shouldn't comment on things that you are not fully aware of?

Glad I voted for Brexit. Illiterate scums like you are definitely not welcome.

they move regardless

and mostly because liberals let them

Lel climate concerns don't slow down the chinks at all because they don't give a fuck about the environment. Only white people do that. Put chinks in charge and they will strip mine the globe

>We live in an Anthropocene period, where excessive use of various natural resources by the growing population is causing substantial strain on the planet.
>.Full Stop. - Is this so hard to grasp?
yes, you didn't even pretend to bother with proofs

>not because it is trendy or benefitting Europe
even tho it is*
>the right thing to do
yeah that's exactly what investment funds are interested in
>Glad I voted for Brexit
me too, you're really annoying

looks like ill be moving to Norway then.

Got up to 43 degrees here (109 degrees Fahrenheit) yesterday. Never seen that kinda weather, before. Even in me caravan, I just chuck a decent fan on and everything's alright, ya cunts.

Some of you cunts just need to pour a bit of concrete in your cereal and harden the fuck up. "Climate change"? Yeah nah everything changes eventually, ya cunts. I wanna see some big fuckin icebergs break away from Antarctica and start melting, just drink more fuckin water if you're worried about it ey

I felt that his post was rather well organized and presented a dispassionate argument and some examples of who it benefitted.

Your response was to make an ad hom and fake claims or authority.

Way to stick it to em mate

Emma, you naught liberal. You cant unzip my pants hand blow me here. geez

>Even in me caravan, I just chuck a decent fan on and everything's alright, ya cunts
Fucken no aircon pleb cunt.

No. the way they make is sound neighborhoods along the coast are already underwater.

I can see my grass in january so warming might be real. I will only believe it the day I have palm trees replacing my pines.

>ignoring the fact that last 50 years is what has become so concerning, thinking you need to go back to pangea and compare temperatures to now to tell yourself you're correct.

Look at this fuckin pleb, mates. Needing aircon and shit. This is what we call a "nu-male" or "Melbournite". You've gotta be wary of him, he's a real shifty cunt, that one. He's probably fuckin sipping tea as we type.

Does it even matter, regulating carbon emission will encourage research of renewable 'clean' energy which we have to change to at some point anyway. Even if climate change is a hoax all it does is better prepare us for the change to wind/solar.

Tennessee becomes coast state

If anyone (skeptics or alarmists alike) would care to actually read the IPCC reports they might learn something useful.

Like the fact that there are large margins of error in all the models, so the actual future warming could be a lot greater or a lot smaller than the amount that is predicted.

Or the fact that the vast majority of the problems for the third world linked to global warming (such as food and water stress) will primarily be the result of overpopulation, with climate change merely as an exacerbating factor.

But reading what the actual scientists said would be hard I guess. Better just listen to some celebrity/podcaster/politician instead.

That's because you don't understand the basics of economics

>let's let powerhouse economic cities sink because the internet tells me how to feel

You're a fucking retard, I'm not surprised you're an American

>a fucking leaf! Blah blah I'm an American with no argument

wew halve of germany is gone

I'm a vegetarian and yet I'm on here. I have a lot of conservative right wing opinions, and some left wing opinions. I don't ignore blatant facts (9 of the 10 hottest global yearly temperatures were recorded after 2000)

If you absolutely subscribe to the political dogma of only one party or school of thought, you're a fucking sheep cuckold with no autonomy or freedom of thought.

Deconstructed coffee you fucken undereducated wanker.
Now fuck off m8, I've got to finish binge downloading RHOM.

I think nuclear waste is a bigger problem

Speed up the process then, I can't wait until boomers like you are gone.

What about Greenland ice cores which completely blow your retarded claim out of the water.

>Should we be worried about melting ice?
Nuclear winter will solve our current issues.

F-Florida... REEEE!!!

The richest and the most advanced african cities are on the coast line,so they will be cucked.

There needs to be a more-specific tool used by Sup Forums to locate IPs located in Melbourne or up to roughly 20 kilometres (12.5 miles) around it. These "Melbournites" would have their own flag named "Wankers" so everybody would know they weren't true Australians but limp-wristed fairies.

>if Hitler was a girl

>tfw you could track me down to my suburb from a post on 4chinz.....

Sunny the Sandgroper says g'day btw.

>drought
Or learn to manage water.
That is what Thomas Kuhn would call a paradigm. Any scientist disagreeing with it or finding an observation incongruent with the dominant framework is perceived as a failed scientist and risks his carreer.

>huge lakes inside the amazon.
>the lungs of the planet will turn into a swamp
i'm out

we ded

Which would then be BTFO by desalination plants, built using the money saved from not investing in renewable energy