Why aren't you reading Nietzsche

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aR4MvD9IEAE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because he was a filthy Kraut

Heh. I actually am reading Nietzsche.

Why don't you just give us a 100 word synopsis of his philosophy

But I am.

Because his ideas of a meaningless world only gives excuse for failure as it allows those who have failed at life to fall back on the fact that life is meaningless.

hmmm

I love Nietzsche!

Reminder: Alcohol and Christianity are bluepilled

Absurd existential nihilism

RIP Bowden

But in the meaninglessness you are free, free from morality.

What's the point?

because my actions doesn't depend on others' thoughts about existence. Especially when they're obsessed with their tiny dicks.

Who the fuck walks away from Nietzsche with that thought?

NIETZSCHE WON'T HELP ME

SINK
THE
CHINKS

Sorry I took Philo 101 20 years ago.

I swear there are hundreds of ways to interpret Niezsche. Didn't he specifically say the nihilism would be the destruction of humanity, and was putting forth his own idea of an alternative in the super mensch - which has been basically debunked (he put too much faith in people's ability to create their own values).

Carl Jung was probably more correct, while he didn't have the same unique and original insights that Nietzsche had.

Lol, I've never read any of his books, just going off of what a bunch of internet faggots say.

he thinks anyone who drinks anything other than water is stupid

Morality is the glue that holds our society together. Using meaninglessness as a excuse to erode the fabric of society is a betrayal of your ancestors, family, and culture. So you can go live a absurdly heathinist life you deviant. But some of us have a life to build, a society to protect, and a country to make great again.

cuz books r gay

yur gay faggot

Really bakes my noodles

Reminder that Bowden was killed by MI6.

no ur the gay faggot, faggot
why don't you rub a gay book all over your anus, faggot

Because I have.
Leaf on vacation or house on the border?
Only a stupid person would try to boil down something of intellectual worth to some memes and stereotypes.
Would you like to elaborate further on this? Seems interesting, he said something similar, but really he had great success in some aspects.

I already read some Nietzche when I was in school.

That guy is funny as fuck. I don't get why people don't understand his sense of humor.

>which has been basically debunked (he put too much faith in people's ability to create their own values).

No it hasn't, as he had in mind extraordinary individuals who would be capable of such a feat, not the masses. Specifically members of the Aryan race.

you'd like that wouldn't you user?

Not what he intended to write, but many use the underlining Nihilism as a excuse for their failures if you listen to them long enough and ask enough questions.

wait so let me get this right
this Neetcha guy wrote comics?

Yeah pretty much. He said he wanted to kick the nihilists out of their comfy chairs and then watch what they'd do.

a faggot canadian rubs his anus on a gay book, then gets life-threatening paper cuts on his rectum, while simultaneously soiled the gay book

you bet your ass i would you faggot

Actually he was of pure Polish Nobility, not filthy Godless Germans.
already did.
Nietzsche is a fundamentalist Christian, without God or Christianity.
This is not to say he is purely a fundamentalist. Nietzsche is charactized not by a sort of vulgar atheism like the nu-atheists or the new nu-atheists, but rather of religious longing for God.
You haven't understood Nietzsche.
He did not write for you, he wrote for those of his group, the philosophers.
Westerners have an increasingly small number of philosophers left.
That wasn't his idea, his idea was men need a new meaning since they've tossed out the old one.
Making a meaning would be like composing a symphony, it would be like founding a new religion upon an old one.

Blame the retardation of materialists who can't comprehend the world in a rational manner.
Empiricism is a car not a map.

>dude become the ubermench lmao
>oh you mean exterminate all the kikes and slavs?
>n-no thats not what I meant

good work fred

you sick burger

Good watch:
youtube.com/watch?v=aR4MvD9IEAE

#1 baby
USA USA USA
1776, fuck yeah

also, eff you, you stupid ass fucker face

From what I've read of him, this is what I've gleaned.

+People should accept beliefs even if they are false if they are useful for being awesome (even if once you have told them it is false they can no longer believe it)
+We create values, none of them are some universal, objective truth (haha, now you can't believe anything!)
+Modern thinkers are garbage, everything is garbage, I hate everyone around me, WHERE ARE THE UBERMENSCH UNTERMENSCH SLAVES GET OUT REEEEEEEEEEEE
+He debunks a lot of shit even though truth doesn't matter by his own admission.
+Everything is tragic

Basically it comes off as super self-destructive and I am not surprised at all he died after having a mental breakdown about horses.

I'm too stupid to read Nietzche, and so 99.9% of people. People just pull their own bullshit from his words. I rely mainly on the interpretations and reactions by Jung and Jordan Peterson.

>free from morality
One might say they are free from freedom.
When you surrender the rational self which can bring forth a chaos, you not only make yourself a greater slave but you make yourself a slave to aimlessness, striving only for the next meal or another girl.
You might as well go to a hiker, steal his compass and say "You are liberated."

I am.

IN A VANGUARD WAY

>I'm too stupid to read Nietzche, and so 99.9% of people.

Most of it is self-contradictory and edgy for the sake of being edgy.

He's basically the proto-typical Sup Forums user. His language is a bit flowery, but the concepts aren't that hard to grasp if you take your time reading.

Honestly see him as more a tragic character who was everything he hated.

He says truth doesn't matter? He spends his whole life trying to show the falsehood in ideas.

He says people's rabid desire for truth (whether feigned or not) holds people back? His search to debunk and show everything to be false and everything to be subjective drove him mad.

Really? In "Thus speaks Zarathustra", it certainly didn't seem like this to me. Also there is the question, if this concept could be interpreted as an absolute. How could you debunk the concept, any man in the future, who is a superhuman would disprove the "debunk".
Carl Gustav Jung is even more interesting, than Nietzsche, while he is still working at the great questions Nietzsche proposed, he sarficed some rationality and abstractions, to get at better access to practical knowledge about the human condition.

Did you read it in German?

he was not a nihillist, that was the point he started from not where ut ended.

being neitzche was profoundly incoherent

Let me guess, you'll tell me it all makes complete sense in German?

I realize languages are different, but if there is some kind of subtlety lost on me, do please inform me where I have strayed from the path.

His concepts are pretty broad and I can't imagine how they could have been translated differently. From what I've read there've been a few passages where the translation seems to have made it clunky or opaque, but for most of it the message seems to get across just fine.

The idea that we have lost meaning or that life is meaningless is false.
Your duty to finding truth or meaning would be more important then building upon the greater meaning as a shared culture. Your needs over all others including your family, culture, and society.
To think so individualistically and selfishly for the sake of a unfounded meaning is not only meaningless but also betrays your culture.
We are hear, to build our tribe, make sure our decendants or the descendants of our tribe have a better world.
In this search for meaning you forsake the world you were born into to build.
To be a Nihilist is to admit that what we as a culture have built is meaningless.
It is a great escape for those who can not contribute.

I thought we were reading Plato's Republic.

He is mainly German (didn't likethid) and even the Polish nobility consists out of Germans for the most part. All the -ski endings are nearly all german names, which were "transformed" to polish names.

So you're saying Nietzsche is the intellectual equivalent of a school shooter?

That's kind of the vibe I got as well.

How similar is German and Polish? Usually neighboring countries will have similar sounding languages. German and Polish to my ears sound completely different.

That kind of mind set yes. Some of his ideas are very interesting. However the weak use his philosophy as a crutch to compensate for their failures since they can not live to the standards he set to find freedom.

In English the terms related to moral, world and religion have other fields of connotations and then there is the structure of the German sentences, which if translated to english loses meaning contained in the structure. Basically, if you translate German metaphysical texts to english it sounds like borderline insane ravings and simple truths in big words.

The best interpretation of this that I've understood is in the pragmatic/Darwinian version of the 'truth', meaning that if something is true enough, then it's true. Other than math and physics, there really is no such thing as an objective truth (even history will always be deluded with bias, interpretation, and field of view) in any other sense.

Nietzsche was a cuck.

>reading Nietzsche
But I'm not done reading Maps of Meaning by Dr. Jordan B Peterson yet!

I'm nearly done listening to the lectures though. Mind blowing.

I always enjoy reading Nietzsche, some of his ideas and concepts are absurd (i.e. modern language is a lie), but he's exciting to read.

>free from morality.
No! You're free to create your own morality, not free from morality. Down that road lies anarchy and death.

t. Muhyddeen el-Abdo

Yes they are. German is very distinct from Polish, while German belongs to the family of Northern European languages (e.g. English, Danish, Swedish), Polish belongs to the Eastern European family of languages (e.g. Russian, Ukrainen, Sorbian). The Poles adapted some words and some insulated regions in Germany do have some Polish words in their dialects.

He was a sickly man with poor dating skills.
If he was healthy and had more pussy he would write something else.
He was a depressed man.

Same here. It's not something I can really take in all at once and be able to understand it. I'm half way through the lectures - but I've been introduced to most of the ideas through various other videos.

I think a lot of his stuff sounds like crazy ramblings to an uneducated person.

For instance, I had no deep understanding of 'A man has as many masters as he has vices' until I read A Brave New World and started to compare that world to our world and my own habits. Then I rewatched Pinocchio, and my jaw as dropped the entire movie. Pinocchio might be the greatest movie of all time, and no one really gets the messages any more.

I am, but Schopenhauer is better. Even Nietzsche knew this and so did Hitler.

I would like an example of these "other fields of connotations" because honestly that just sounds like hot air.

Sorry if I sound a assholish, but whenever I hear how other languages have deep, intertwining and sophisticated meanings English can't hope to convey, I die a little inside due to what I perceive as a great hubris of foreign language speakers.

I'm currently reading Beyond Good and Evil, does he get into that a lot there or is more focused on other things? Personally I don't care about his refutations of Christianity and such since I don't follow it anyway.

I have to say, he does say a lot of profound ideas I do buy into, but it would appear that he can't stand up to the scrutiny of his own ideas.

Nietzsche was a fucking idiot that fell for the prostitution jew and lashed out because of his own idiocy.

Nothing worth learning from him.

Sounds like most pholosophers were weaklings.
Id like to read something from someone who was strong successful alpha with lots of money and women.
Lets hear what he thinks.

In very simple terms, yes. His concept of truth is, since it's unclear and can't be proven. He thinks it's most honest and enlightening to understand truth as everything, which benefits the living of the being making the truth claims.

Nietzsche inspired Mussolini

because I'm not in the 8th grade

>I think a lot of his stuff sounds like crazy ramblings to an uneducated person.

Maybe. I think you can get through it if one actually pays attention during the early lectures that lay the groundwork in neuropsychology before going into the mythology portions.

>Pinocchio might be the greatest movie of all time, and no one really gets the messages any more.
That's the great thing about archetypal stories. People understand them at such a low level that they don't realize they understand it, or even what they understand. People appreciate these stories, they just don't know it.

>Only a stupid person would try to boil down something of intellectual worth to some memes and stereotypes.
Anything you can't summarize you don't understand.

I tried reading proto-Nietzsche, aka Max Stirner, but I was rather tired, and got bored and put the book down. Should give it another go soon.

Morons overanalyzing reality cuz they cant be fucking.
Noice.

Sounds like Arthur Schopenhauer would be right up your alley.

Jesus.

He had literally no Polish blood according to the most extensive genealogical researches into his lineage. He only claimed that when he was losin' it in Ecce Homo.

The only thing they found was pure, unadulterated Kraut blood

Because I grew up? You should too.

That's essentially what he thinks. Not in those terms but in the affirmation of the self, will to power. You also have to bear in mind not all us can be warriors, some of us are priests.

You think of it as hot air, because you likely operates with another field of meaning, since "field of meaning", means "hot air" to you. This concept is nothing esoteric, this is widely accepted in nearly all research of linguists, in your dictionary only the next equivalents of the word are given, not the same exact word. Words mean even something slightly different to native speakers, since there are their individual live historys with specific contexts the word occurred to them.

>no children
>is most famous for dying powerless, like a little bitch

Sure thing Christcuck, now go pay Bergstein for his honorary status as God's chosen people and pretend to be a cannibal.

Real men are talking.

nietzsche was heavily spooked

Schopenhauer is shit and Hitler would not have liked him if he actually understood him seeing how Schop said we should resign from the world and cause as little suffering as possible

so did his wife actually write all that shit about anti semitism and put it in his name or is that just a cover up

I haven't read Nietzsche, so I can't agree or disagree, and I didn't get to the part about the spook in Max's book, so I don't know what a spook is to begin with

operate^^ sorry for my autocorrector

Because I am eternal return.

give it another go, it's fun to troll communists using stirner's ideas

This is quite a lot of arrogance coming from your post. I'm pretty sure that almost everyone who enjoys art is in most affinity with Schopenhauer, given the man's position on aesthetics.

How does Max Stirner troll communists?

>nietzsche was heavily spooked
>pic

No one concerned with "lots of money and women", i.e. the most plebeian understanding of the most plebeian worldview, materialism, would ever write philosophy. If you want that go to Dan Bilzerian's instagram for wisdom, or worship the "great deeds" of Sardanapalus.

Just because you aren't dying your hair blue and fucking guys doesn't mean you aren't a degenerate

Schopenhauer is a genius and the life of the philosopher is of no importance. What matters is the ideas they put forth and the individual's interpretation of it.

>You think of it as hot air, because you likely operates with another field of meaning, since "field of meaning", means "hot air" to you.
Oh har har, very funny Kraut. You get a star for being a snarky bitch.

>This concept is nothing esoteric, this is widely accepted in nearly all research of linguists, in your dictionary only the next equivalents of the word are given, not the same exact word.
Of course you don't define a word by itself. That in no way means that language is so extremely subtle and that a single word has a million meanings and connotations.

Not that you implied that, but I felt it was worth mentioning.

>Words mean even something slightly different to native speakers, since there are their individual live historys with specific contexts the word occurred to them.
Which would mean even Germans wouldn't know exactly what Nietzsche meant, or even necessarily have a deeper understanding of it.

It could be by some miracle that English translations are closer to Nietsche's nuance than his original tongue because he had an eccentric way of saying things and his own unique way of saying things like everyone else.

What you're making isn't a case for NO TRANSLATIONS, but rather NOTHING IS ACCURATE. And if nothing is accurate, then we don't even know to what degree translations are wrong.

No need to read it anymore when we are all living in it.

Schopenhauer's position on aesthetics were sufficiently refuted in the third essay of the Genealogy of Morals, and is essentially an outgrowth of Kant's aesthetics who knew nothing about any painters of his day, or any poetry in general, and thought being withdrawn from emotions was the best way to view art.

I'll quote some other user.

"Its because Stirner's view rests squarely on the Marxist home field, while philosophically 'winning' so to speak.

The Marxists believe in a Process, that while eventually yield the entire world to them in slavery. They sell this Process by invoking the naive morality of the goyim. The eventual result is a temporary destruction of morality, and then a monopoly on righteousness, by the Party
Stirner believed that all morality depended on other people, so it should not be used to make decisions for ones self. And because all decisions were indeed made by some self, morality was useless as a guide to action.

In a post-Marxist, communist society, the ideas of Stirner would be incredibly dangerous. That, not only did morality have no bearing on 'your' actions, it certainly did not have any bearing on the actions of the Party. Screw the union, each man is his own Party. Communists removed."

Freud is the only thing you should be reading

philosophy is just intelectual masturbation