Merkel Coalition Seeks to Punish Social Media for Hate Speech

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-01-14/merkel-coalition-seeks-to-punish-social-networks-for-hate-speech

>Chancellor Angela Merkel’s government plans to fine social media networks such as Facebook Inc. and Twitter Inc. if they fail to combat hate speech, as German officials accuse media companies of being too slow to take action.

>Volker Kauder, chairman of Merkel’s Christian Democratic Union parliamentary caucus, said on Saturday that he reached a preliminary agreement with Social Democratic Justice Minister Heiko Maas that would require companies to respond to speech complaints within 24 hours. Otherwise they’ll have to pay.

>“The fines have to hurt, otherwise it won’t work,” Kauder told reporters Saturday at a meeting of the CDU’s leadership in the western region of Saarland.

>“This is simply about what is valid in the real world also counts in the digital world,” Kauder said, rejecting a query on whether such measures are censorship.

>Justice Minister Heiko Maas told German newspaper Rheinische Post that Facebook needed to improve its process for deleting hate posts. The government will take legal action if it finds that the social media company is moving too slowly, the newspaper said.

Merkel Coalition = Hillary Clinton 2.0

Germany needs to grow a pair and kill her.

Hate Speech

Wasn't this a term created in 1984? A book centered on showing how a government would take the liberties of the people?

"Everything i dont like is hate speech."

This will turn into a complete clusterfuck and backfire really fast.

they try to stop facebook news and things like that? didn't work 4 Hillary, but hey, wasn't real censorship, she can try harder

not really
considering fake news/ hate speech is basically real life reddit
ratios of liberals : conservatives
in US it's approximately 1:1
in EU it's approximately 3:1
you guys are fucked

Merkel attempts to fine facebook for not censoring anything she deems as dissent against the leftist agenda.

Facebook bans all German IPs and removes services from Germany.

Germans now left without a voice.

Merkel is proud of her victory against hate speech.

This will probably happen.

Yep, that's what the CDU is like.

Also more surveillance. But not enough resources to actually monitor jihadist.

>Merkel's Germany
>Christian, democratic, or a union

Daily reminder Merkel and her minister of immigration ought to be indicted for treason and hung from lampposts.

Scary shit. This is the road we're going down.

i honestly want to know why every faggy european country elects women, you guys are seriously cucked beyond saving

Tyranny can't survive freedom of speech, so tyrants naturally want to control speech.

> A book centered on showing how a government would take the liberties of the people?

yes, it is used as manual here.

If you Nazi shitlords would behave maybe Grandma Merkel wouldn't have to be so strict.

Too far.

Would you Sup Forums?

"No."

This is taking away a circus.

Let it be known, this is the true sentiment of Merkel...Any doublespeak about regretting or lessening the entry of rapefugees, is nothing but lipservice in order to stay in power, and to further destroy Germany.

Who won the war? was it east Asia or Eurasia.

Can we unironically start a coup in Goymerny already? WE need to somehow get east germany to succeed or something, or somehow cause massive civil unrest in order to cause the populous to rise up and kill merkle.

God, it just depresses me seeing the state of Germany, it's not even funny, it's just black pill inducing.

trump will annex germany for human rights violations

This isn't just gonna effect Germany, this is gonna effect social media on a global scale. I swear to fucking god they're closing in, Obama with the NDAA and Merkel with this shit.

JUST KILL HER ALREADY

Germans are becoming Nazis once more. Someone Call Britain, Russia. We got to stop them again

But thought Sup Forums believes censorship is based.

Hey burger, can I buy a gun from you? I feel like you have a point.

In what world do you live? Pol is afraid for the future, that's why they're angry. Stop being so jewey

There will always be a balance in the world. We got an extreme hardcore right wing president, Germany has to fill the leftist void in the world. If she fails, someone else will take her place.

Well leaf, I don't think your liberal cunt of a prime minister would let me.

>In what world do you live?
In the world where Sup Forums applaud for achievements of based censorship in other countries? Now it is time for 1st world Sup Forums to get taste of it themselves.

>We got an extreme hardcore right wing president

You didn't. Trump is pretty moderate despite the media building him up as literally Hitler.

Okay he is a bit socially liberal. I should have said an extreme hardcore right wing administration.

>Now

Are you retarded? Europe and Canada have been censoring shit forever. What's notable is how they're trying put pressure on social media to censor.

In other words, internet censorship and the slippery slope that entails and its effects on the world wide web is the relevant issue here.

Germany has had retarded "hate speech" laws for way longer than that.

what happens to germany if facebook (or any form of social media really) just pulls out all services from their country
what will germany do then ?