"But what about MY free speech? Where's MY platform?"

"But what about MY free speech? Where's MY platform?"

How do you respond to something like that? Watching Milo videos (like his most recent run in at UC Davis), people tell the person interrupting to shut up and be quiet. That doesn't work for me. It's a cop-out in my opinion.

Is an intrinsic part of freedom of speech also a submission to another's speech?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=a4C-xiSZOb0
youtube.com/watch?v=SANqSEwXW
youtube.com/watch?v=SANqSEwXW-I
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

There's a fucking QA at the end of every speech

dykes on parade

jesus christ, milo is such a faggot

SJWs like him that seem to want diversity, but certainly not diversity in thought. They will try to silence anyone that they don't agree with. This is the first step towards a tyrannical fascist government.

That same guy literally justified breaking windows on the campus for expressing himself. That tells you enough about the tolerant left.

Disrupting a private event has nothing to do with freedom of speech. It's just disruption. Either make your own event, or wait until the end to ask questions like a normal human.

Liberals disrupted it so that we all can have freedom from speech :^)

WHITE PEOPLE DON'T KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE TO BE POOR

At what point does interruption of free speech, by using free speech, become suppression of free speech?

Stop justifying this leftist horse shit.

CHECKED THEM

Every time these liberal shit heads interrupt some one else's speech and pretend they are the ones being censored and marginalized. These people think that a kind of political morality is an acceptable substitute for social morality (aka respect, dignity and humility).

This is my question. We have the right to assembly, which gives us the right to kick somebody out of that assembly. Maybe that's the trick.

Also checked.

The cops and campus security wont do anything.

Cops wont do it because they need campus permission.

Campus wont do it because they're too pathetic and pussy to stand up to the leftist hoard they've created.

They're scared if they piss off the whiney faggots they'll protest the school and make it look bad.

So they cuck themselves to oblivion.

little do they know, many people will literally avoid their school for their lack of spine, knowing they cant trust the school to do whats right, even if it hurts a few feelings.

they've fucked themselves now.

it's not even about an agenda for the left anymore, it's a power play, how much can we get away with? how much money will they spend on our nonsense? how much power can we get?

there's already faggot unions that are edging closer to the power level of the university directors, it's totally out of control.

Need to coin a new term for the campus-coup that's occurring across America.

peanut butter before anyone spurgs out

No.

You can go stand in the forum and shout anything you like but this is a private gathering that has been paid for. You are not allowed to shout me down in this private audience any more than I can come to your home and start giving a speech to your family during supper.

Furthermore you can ask any reasonable question you have at the end when I take questions.

Of you want to have a formal debate with me that can be arranged but it is not right now. Chimping out and silencing my speech while you brainlessly shout slogans is not conducive to a free society.

Even knowing that it makes me feel itchy and weird. Reminds me of that Holes doujin.

>it's a private event with a paid, invited speaker; the people there want to hear this person speak, and paid for him to come speak there
>there's a Q&A session after anyone can speak at; he fields questions and comments from protestors all the time
>protestors have free speech outside the venue, which they waste on repeating "no Milo, no KKK, no fascist USA" forever
>there are leftist events on college campuses all the time; College Republican groups blow their budget on one speaker a year and the left still spergs out despite out-eventing them 30:1
>the views the protestor is complaining about being silenced are actually taught on that campus every single day

>Where's MY platform?
wherever you book a space retard

NO MILO
NO KKK
NO FASCIST USA

I understand why people hate milo for being a fag bUT the alt-light is one stp closer to the alt right

>Is an intrinsic part of freedom of speech also a submission to another's speech?

Yes and no. I think there's a big difference between "freedom of speech" and "freedom to be heard" and people seem to think that freedom of speech means that people have to listen to you, which they don't.

You're free to say or write anything you please, and I'm just as free to completely ignore and disregard you. People don't like to be ignored or disregarded, it makes them mad and makes them feel marginalized, but that's the world we live in and unless you use power or force or give people something they want (this is where charisma and false promises come in) then they're never going to give you the time of day if your opinions conflict with their preexisting beliefs.

There's a difference between being heard and being drowned out and not allowed to speak though.

I hate Milo.
That being said, your freedom of speech only means the government can't imprison you for speaking your mind.
No one has to listen to you. If you want to publish your own bible and preach it on the corner, the law won't stop you. It also won't make anyone listen to you.

lol

I hear that in some places they make them sleep in the stable with the cows. Perhaps not too bad an idea.

There's a big difference between an interruption and a protest from the people and an interruption from the government. If a large majorty of people tend to think your an asshole therefore you should not speak in public tough luck. That's how democracy works. But if the government tells you to stop saying this because its not "right" then that's an issue. Simply because the definition of whats right in the eyes of the people is always changing but the government is not. You have to understand nothing can truly be """free""". Just hope that the culture and people are dynamic enough to be able to spread and accept different ideas rapidly.

They really seem to hate him

they're going to make Milo's book the greatest selling book of the 21st century,

>academic revolution

or

>lunatics running the asylum

Now I understand the first sign that guy was holding

Don't like the Milo guy but Sir Oswald Mosley had the right idea on how to deal with the left trying to disrupt meetings.

Throw them out of the venue and if they get violent form a paramilitary group to respond in kind.

>submission
stand the fuck up and leave the room

I agree that if you're subverting someones ability to even speak their message (through noise machines or screaming or whatever) then yea, that's objectively "wrong" and goes against the essence of free speech. If you don't like what someone is saying then you're free to walk away, and tell your friends to walk away, but you shouldn't try to drown them out. Agree with you on that 100%

>gives us the right to kick somebody out

No you will wait patiently for your turn to talk and then use reason and rationale to express your points which hopefully draws a sound argument.

If you don't do that, like if you leftists don't learn that you need to do that eventually, then eventually the alt-right is going to hold you down. It's going to cut your fucking balls off, put them in your mouth and make you say LQBTQ+ again and again until the pubic hair is stuck in your teeth and you are gagging on bloody slimy skin.

Milo is a failure mainly because he is boring. He says controversial things and lives a controversial life, but listen to him speak. He's not a gifted orator.

Being attractive and controversial works for women like the Kardashian shits. Not for Milo. Men have to have something to say that people want to hear.

You will see groups like that form from the right. It's already happened in Greece, UK, Germany, Sweden. It's not quite there in the US but the biker gangs and groups of ex vets are pretty close. Conservatives in the US aren't really that interested in politics. They do their voting and have an opinion by they mostly stick to themselves, run businesses, etc. The youth is almost all liberal but it's changing dramatically.

If you want a platform built it, but if you are not interesting nobody will listen. Trying to subvert/co-opt a platform built by another isn't free speech, its theft.

Become more than an average Joe and the platform will come to you.

Milo sucks, but you're an autistic faggot. Context. In the case of a performance, a conference, any kind of public speaking event, everyone talking all at once isn't "free speech". These people have their chance to dissent later. What they're doing is calling INTERRUPTION. You seem unable to differentiate between contexts and scenarios and are conflating the definition of free speech with the action of being anti social and impolite.

Yeah that book was a huge failure too, #1 on Amazon in less than 24 hours. If you want to be edgy and signal against him that's fine, just don't blatantly lie lmao

youtube.com/watch?v=a4C-xiSZOb0

>just give it a second, the statistics of black incarceration are about to go up

lmao

youtube.com/watch?v=SANqSEwXW

We all know milo fucking sucks you idiot. The point is identity politics. Nobody can go on TV or sell books with what he says unless you're a gay man who likes black dick. Don't you understand that?

Milo never stated that he was going to have a completely open platform. He states that he is going to lecture, and have a Q&A at the end. If you don't like it, don't go.

Don't even like the guy, but this is a no-brainer. Follow the rules, or don't attend. If you want to speak publicly, go right ahead and make your own event.

I can't believe how much of a retard You apparently are.

whoops fucked up the link

youtube.com/watch?v=SANqSEwXW-I

Why is it the one time XKCD was categorically wrong was also the one time they went most viral?

The other person can sign up to run a conference, people showed up to hear milo's message. The protestor can get his own people to sign up to hear his.

Free speech for Marxists is retarded, they aren't human. The only freedom they deserve is the right to free helicopter rides.

You have freedom of speech in the public square.

Once you enter someone's private event on private land, you have freedom of speech insofar as you are not disrupting other people. The people who rented the venue have the right to use it and not be disrupted. Disrupters can be uninvited from private property at any time -- 1st amendment doesn't forbid that at all.

Just like when idiot liberals were crying "FREE SPEECH" while being ejected at Trump rallies, while not realizing people are ejected from Democrat rallies every day for the same thing.

jewish racemixing homosexuals are not conservatives, let alone "alt-right," so why should any of us care?

Liberal faggots think they are the centre of the universe. People came to hear milo speak not some lib cunts who think it's their OK to interrupt a private event.

all girls look like dudes and all males look like girls.

Fucking golden. I bet a single STRAIGHT FUCKING WHITE MALE could BTFO them all at once.

Just look at the feet of the central douche, he is beyond omega, he looks like you could brake him by just giving him a bad look

>saying there is no wage-gap or rape culture is misogyny.

Feminism is cancer

>STOP BEING A GLOBALIST