Brit/pol/ - Hasty Edition

>Sharia May's U-Turn Madness; "Maybe a Hard Brexit"
news.sky.com/story/brexit-pm-expected-to-say-uk-prepared-to-leave-single-market-10729623

>Two by-elections ahead for Labour; Tories and UKIP both have a chance to steal
telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/01/13/ukips-northern-spring-may-break-stoke-on-trent-central/
mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/copeland-election-matter-labour-everything-9600389

>Ken Livingstone: "This is a new era for Labour"
news.sky.com/story/ken-livingstone-tristram-hunt-quitting-indicates-new-era-for-labour-10727858

>"The BBC can't edit the internet, but we won't stand aside either" - 'Permanent Reality Check Team' set up to censor fake news
theguardian.com/media/2017/jan/12/bbc-sets-up-team-to-debunk-fake-news

>"Labour is fully behind free movement" - Read Jeremy Corbyn's speech to the Fabian Society
theguardian.com/politics/blog/live/2017/jan/14/jeremy-corbyn-speech-fabian-society-promises-complete-break-with-this-rigged-system-in-speech-to-fabians-politics-live

>Paddy MPs threaten to go to court and delay Brexit by months if Northern Ireland's crisis is not resolved soon
independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-latest-news-northern-ireland-crisis-stormont-assembly-delay-theresa-may-illegal-article-50-a7526126.html

>"Be open all hours or face funding cuts" - Sharia May's message to GPs
telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/01/13/theresa-may-tell-gp-surgeries-give-patients-appointments-want/

>Parliamentary Brexit Committee demands soft Brexit
theguardian.com/politics/2017/jan/14/brexit-committee-demands-transitional-deal-and-parliamentary-vote

>MILK SURGE continues as the Lib Dems score huge council by-election victories
independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/liberal-democrats-celebrate-stunning-council-by-election-wins-in-both-north-and-south-a7525306.html

Thread Theme: youtube.com/watch?v=XwRvZCIo5YI

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/01/09/theresa-may-mental-health-nhs-live/
youtube.com/watch?v=VJM-xA8PcQ8
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3077499/Laurie-Penny-said-grandmother-won-George-Cross.html
news.sky.com/story/brexit-pm-expected-to-say-uk-prepared-to-leave-single-market-10729623
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

pretty amazing work

one(1) hard brexit please

So are you leaving or not?

>tfw keeping the energy up with shit pop music

I TOOK A CRAZY CHANCE

Who /still up/ here?

It is irrelevant, either we stay and are fucked by EU and UK MPs, or we leave and give UK MPs full reign to fuck us over by themselves.

But yeah, we probably are.

Right, may as well get working on some go-to copypasta to shoo away Mayflies

"Prepare for surprises. If I were the EU leadership (and we must assume they are intelligent and cunning), I would begin with a ‘hard cop’ routine, of aloof resentment, with hints of menace. Then, when enough silly panic had been spread in Britain (this is what the Bad Losers’ Alliance – which has now replaced the Remain Campaign - are now working on, very hard) they can come up with a new offer, which at the very least keeps us in the single market and requires a large contribution from us, and at the very most requires either a new referendum or the endorsement of the public in a snap election."

The key part here is "I would begin with a ‘hard cop’ routine, of aloof resentment, with hints of menace. Then, when enough silly panic had been spread in Britain, they can come up with a new offer, which at the very least keeps us in the single market and requires a large contribution from us". Does all this "You WILL accept free movement or no single market for you! Absolute red line!" talk not resemble this?

I find it sort of telling that in both these articles; one where May says that there will be no Hard Brexit - telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/01/09/theresa-may-mental-health-nhs-live/ - and the one in the OP where she does, they've managed to trot out the old pro-EU pantomime villain Anna Soubry to give her comments on both. This woman isn't stupid, she's in deep with top Blairites who plan on leading negotiations with the EU and probably managed to get some insider info from the pro-EU traitor British Ambassador who quit the other week. Check this, as well;

>Her red lines will be an end to free movement from the EU and clearance to hold bilateral trade talks with other countries, which it is thought will not be achievable while still in the single market.

I'm about to nip out and get another bottle desu

She may well call their bluff, and she may well win. Best to wait until Tuesday because anyone who's been reading the headlines for the last few weeks knows she has a Corbyn-tier record on her stance towards the EU, but there's one thing people don't seem to be getting. You're actually celebrating staying in the EU as a victory. This is exactly what I warned against ages ago when the terms "Hard Brexit", "Soft Brexit" and "Grey Brexit" started being used. The middle ground fallacy is strong here - Why are you celebrating the fact that we MIGHT be allowed to still have to follow EU law and pay the EU? Don't you want to leave the EU? Doesn't it bother you that Theresa May is trying to use Hard Brexit as a nuclear option bargaining chip to get a Soft Brexit from the EU, rather than wanting to power through with it on her own?

>The PM’s willingness to give up membership of the single market will be made clear in a major speech

Willingness. Unless we get something better. Meaning she sees staying in the single market and still being wedded to the EU as a good thing. This is just like when she started to say "We will MAKE a success of Brexit". Surely it was one in the first place?

This is what you get when you have a Remainer as Prime Minister. Somebody that doesn't even see leaving the EU as something good, but would rather threaten it in order to get a good deal. I thought Britain voted to actually leave the EU, not to use leaving the EU as a bargainign chip to get some renegotiations?

You should be very careful what you're celebrating right now because it seems you think the fact that she's using a Hard Brexit as some sort of crazy nuclear option to make the EU give her a more favourable (but still wedded-to-the-EU deal) instead of pushing for one because it's what we voted for is a good thing

We're going for the simple reason that staying in will cause total chaos for the rest of the EU.

The UK could endlessly block or alter EU laws and encourage others to do so, they whole would cease to function and that would have a a fatal affect on the value of the Euro.

>The UK could endlessly block or alter EU laws and encourage others to do so
Why would a 2/3 pro-EU government do that?

fuck karen and fuck wanker chavs
>inb4 shill

It was pretty fucking obvious from the begining that we would have little control over the Brexit deal. What we have to do is simply to Brexit!

Theresa May is starting to look like the most incompetent PM ever.

morning

I think May is trying to delay brexit as much as she can, the court appeals being the most overt example, and I believe she will resign when she runs out of cards to play.

2 prime minsiters resigning over brexit will cause alot of turbulence, less invested leave voters will (if not already) falter and remain voters will feel reinforced in their belief, all before we've even triggered the process of leaving.

Convincing a gambler with a good hand to fold before the flop.

But even if we do leave, UK MPs are hardly representative, and pandering for votes and aggressive factionalism will ensure that remains the case. Leavimg the EU makes UK Parliament the supreme law makers, which in my opinion is hardly an improvement.

God save the King lads

>From Fashy to Fa-Bu-LOUS!

Do you plan on leaving the UK at some point, given the whole Blackpill situation?

THINGS will never get as demographically bad for me as it will for most people in England

I fucking hate potato wogs
All they ever do is fucking whine and cause trouble

Day of the fryer when

Morning lads. What's for breakfast?

>when you only find Laurie Penny attractive because she looks like a young boy

And one for yourself love

So you're just going to get comfy in Wales and watch it all burn?

I wouldn't exactly call it comfy but outside of Cardiff Wales is an afterthought for immigrants who know they can fuck shit up with much less opposition in England

You guys are like the tsundere of Europe.
Just get out and be gone.

We're all a bunch of whiners at heart in the UK
It's literally either putting up with one another for so long or killing each other

What happens when they bleed England dry though? I'm not sure they'll simply stay contained in the towns and cities.

There's no blood in Wales to start with

well as far as Pakis and niggers go, but I live near Wrexham and the place is full of Poles and gypos

Makes sense. I'm debating on staying in Cornwall or jumping ship when the time comes. We seem to be in a similar boat to you down here.

The Westminster traitors will have to answer to their electorate at some point. They are trying to sleaze a deal to stay in the EU and keep their jobs as MPs - that is a recipe for chaos.

Anyone watching The Big Question on bbc one?
Looks like they're taking about "fake news"

I wonder if England will be conquered and Wales and Scotland will be the holdouts? Again. Scotland sounds pretty cucked though.

>The Westminster traitors will have to answer to their electorate
No they won't.

>keep their jobs as MPs
You seriously think some Blairite who's held his seat with a 30% majority since 1997 is going to be worried about the fact that his constituency voted 55% to Leave? Get a grip. You underestimate tribalism and the Shy Tory effect

Oh, and our MPs aren't traitors either. Their voting records and statements are public record, anyone with a brain can see what they are but they keep voting for them anyway, the electorate are just self-harmers

Tory cuts so far:
>20,000 Army
>5,000 Navy
>5,000 RAF
>60,000 NHS
>22,701 Police
>1,000,000 Public Sector
>10,000 Firemen
>1 Banker

what went wrong?

>No they won't

Explain

Wales, Ireland, Northern Ireland, North/SouthWest England and *maaybe* Scotland.

They won't have to answer to their electorate because the electorate never asks anything OF them - They just vote based on what colour team they represent, Team Anti-Labour or Team Anti-Tory, the rest is gravy as far as the vast majority of voters are concerned

Owen Jones is on BBC One.

MP's currently "answer" to the electorate, hasn't changed a thing because nobody in great number gives a fuck.

>May's U-Turn
Why are you calling it a u-turn?

She's never said we'll be staying in the single market. That's just been in YKTD's head and some of you believe everything he says.

Most Military issues boil down to MoD mismanagement of funding, any further funding will evaporate with the rest of it.

I work on a dockyard and have seen 2 RFA ships being fully refubished last year at the cost of millions, that have sat in the dockyard since, one is due out to be scrapped in the next month or two, and the other is under debate if it will be scrapped, but it probably will.

If they have such severe funding issues, which I concede, they do, why waste so much refurbishing ships destined for a Turkish beach as a scrap heap.

This isn't defence of the Tories, just that the issue of the MoD is far deeper than just funding, but one of massive incompetence and corruption.

Why is Britain so pedo? Why are there so many child sex scandals?

youtube.com/watch?v=VJM-xA8PcQ8

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST

LOOK AT HER NOSE
ITS FUCKING HUGE

May has shown repeatedly that she is delaying Brexit, the appeals to the High and Supreme Courts are clear indications of that.

Big grown euro'men' will be crying in the streets come Tuesday
Can't wait to manhandle these fuckers onto a plane home, they'll get my boot up there arse
They fucking lost there own game
Haahahahaa

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3077499/Laurie-Penny-said-grandmother-won-George-Cross.html

She's a fucking idiot

So why did 17 million bother to vote Brexit then?

You are defeatist

> of you believe everything he says.
fucking mongs. He's ill-informed
YKTD. Strong opinions. Lack of knowledge. Filter the filth today!

>I was born in Newport, I'm Welsh.

Looks like you're not right in head like YKTD too.

You want to hate the Tories so you see things that aren't there.

It's been obvious from the beginning that we'll be leaving the single market.

telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/01/09/theresa-may-mental-health-nhs-live/
>No 'hard Brexit' for Britain, says Theresa May

>Theresa May has indicated that there will be no "hard Brexit" for Britain, promising to form a "new relationship" with the EU.

>The Prime Minister said she did "not accept having a hard or soft Brexit" and that she felt "ambitious" about the deal she would secure.

>Conservative MP Anna Soubry, a leading supporter of Open Britain, said: "It’s encouraging to see Theresa May reject the idea of a hard, destructive Brexit and say that she will aim for a new deal with the European Union that puts the economy at its heart.
---

---

>Theresa May is expected to announce the UK is prepared to leave the single market, the customs union and European Court of Justice.

>A Downing Street source told Sky News: "The issue of the single market and the customs union will be answered on Tuesday when the Prime Minister sets out her negotiations."

>Pro-EU campaigner MP Anna Soubry has described the anticipated move as "grossly irresponsible, if true. The Government has no mandate for this. To go into the negotiation conceding on the single market and the customs union is extremely serious and very bad news."

No shit, she's a Jew. My point was more directed towards MW though.

What is even the point of debating "hard or soft" Brexit in UK if Europe is not going to allow UK to participate in the negotiations?

Because for a brief moment party lines were blurred. The Leave and Remain campaigns quickly collapsed after the vote and things went back to normality in record time, so much so that we now have Remainers as our Prime Minister, Chancellor and Home Secretary, the latter of which supports open borders and was arguing in favour of them against Nigel Farage only weeks earlier

You realise there's 2 sets of negotiations? Ones between the EU countries and what they all want (which will show the EU up to be an absolute mess) and the ones between the EU and the UK.

Answer my question. Do you believe that pro-EU politicians with double-digit majorities who've held their seats for decades are currently worrying about losing their seats in 2020 because a (slim, in many cases) majority of their constituency voted to leave the EU?

Even Cardiff is better than English cities in that regard.

I don't hate the Tories any more than I hate any other mainstream party, seeing as they're all just a grey mass of sludge in political alignment terms.

At the end of the day, it is the precious electorate who created the conditions which allow these pandering parties to exist.

Exactly. Largely still ghettoised

YKTD with all care in the world acknowledged, I don't trust May either, surely this is still a good statement for her to be making?

It's clear that she can't actually act right now, so surely this is better than the silence/erring towards a softer Brexit?

Once we make our own laws and decisions again, I will be pushing to review the status of anyone who came to Britain in the last 50 years
If ANYONE of the family members lied to get a Brit passport, they are out.
Anyone committing ANY crime and has dual citizenship will lose the British one.
Etc etc
All the while healing my fellow countrymans ails.
It is going to be glorious

>so surely this is better than the silence/erring towards a softer Brexit?
Not if the whole intent is to call the EU's bluff and secure a Soft Brexit through a concession anyway, it'll be the court case all over again, see my two posts towards the top of the thread

And who the fuck are you, you fucking LARPing moron? Are you Amber Rudd in disguise? Oh, wow, YOU - YOU! - will be pushing to review the "status" of millions of people, nice one there pal, I bet ISIS are shaking in their fucking boots

>I will be pushing to review the status of anyone who came to Britain in the last 50 years

I saw a bloke in the town center pushing to review the status of the Royal Family not being Lizards in human skin.

I am glad everyones personal fantasies will now become reality in a post brexit wonderland.

>She rejects the terms hard and soft Brexit so she wants to keep freedom of movement and EU regulations

Don't be stupid, I don't like the terms hard and soft Brexit either. We're either leaving the EU or we're not. Keeping certain bits of EU membership like freedom of movement obviously isn't leaving the EU.

Again, Theresa May has never said we'll be staying in the single market.

You just want to hate the Tories so you see things that aren't real. I just hope you keep to your word and fuck off when Theresa delivers a genuine Brexit.

You don't get it. The sleazy Remain want deals with the EU but the EU knows where that will lead.

As I said it will be chaos for the EU if the UK stays in and gets special deals, others will try it too and then they are fucked as their Euro value crashes.

Mrs crypto jew is being told to fuck off by the EU, so her and her gang of traitor jews and cucks are spinning the story to make it look like
they are deciding.

remember that one man who wanted to leave Europe?

End of march
End of madness

t. YK I'm a paki cuckold TD
YK I'm a role playing principled cuckservative TD
YK beautiful mixed babies TD
YK Peter Hitchens is British TD
YK I have no knowledge of abortion stats TD

How many tories are in marginal constituencies?

Enough to decide who wins the next election and put Labour in power if UKIP steps in and points out just what Lord and Lady fat arse have being doing re Brexit.

>Again, Theresa May has never said we'll be staying in the single market.

Something she did say was that she would carry out the will of the people while simultaneously delaying Brexit in the High and Supreme Courts.

Has it not occured to you that she is possible insincere in what she is saying to the leave camp, the camp she was not a part of, in order to maintain public cohesion, while subverting brexit in a covert manner?

It is like you faggots are the embodiment of that family guy sketch where she just repeats "9/11" over and over until everyone converts to support her.

>YKTD in immense damage control just a few posts in

The school system mainly.

>damage control
He's so fucking I'll-informed

GOOD MORNING
O
O
D

M
O
R
N
I
N
G

Honest question here, why is this general more favorable to Karen? Wouldn't you prefer a pure breed like Alice, and not a mongrel like Karen?

>You just want to hate the Tories
Nobody needs to make things up to hate the Tories

>I just hope you keep to your word and fuck off when Theresa delivers a genuine Brexit
If that happens then consider me gone, you know my terms;
>If we leave the EU properly under the Conservative Party - no single market, no paying the EU, full immigration controls and no adherence to EU law - Then I certainly won't be on Brit/pol/ anymore because it would be literally impossible to ever recover from being BTFO on such a scale, it would be a "There are no tanks in Iraq" moment times a hundred
But we both know that's not happening. Trusting completely unprepared (and they were) Remainers to do something that it would take a decade for principled, anti-EU politicians to do is ridiculous

This is speculation. This "The EU wants Britain to leave" meme is just plain stupid, nobody with any understanding of the octopus-like nature of the EU can seriously believe it. More than anything they want to reverse the decision as they have done with similar referenda in the past. Thinking they're a bunch of inept, angry kids who are throwing their toys out of the pram because Britain has BTFO them benefits them massively

Again you show your ignorance
Any Tory in a marginal seat is ABSOLUTELY safe in 2020 because all those UKIP voters will back them up to stop crazy communist Corbyn from getting in, not to mention the general state of the Tories in the polls to begin with anyway

Kek, what else can you do when faced with something like this? It was a similar situation in the summer when people thought she was a closeted NatSoc and I ended up being proven right

You're just as in denial about Brexit happening as remainers are. Sad.

What's that got to do with anything?

Glorious Corbyn socialist revolution when comrades?

Haven't been keeping up lads, are we still arguing about the holocaust? I reckon aliens did it but don't dob me in

Get knocking down doors

I voted leave.

But the fact of the matter is that it is being activley subverted, but retards are ignoring that because the people subverting it are chanting "HARD BREXIT" and you're lapping it up like a good little member of the electorate.

Piers defending Trump well on Peston, despite Campbell being a twat chiming in.

Farage on sky news

Yeah he's being fair to him

Where can a man get a jar of grape jam on this forsaken island?

I've tried all of my local supermarkets and none of them seem to carry it anymore, not even Sainsbury's.

Wait, you're still in the UK? Do you hate earning a good living or something?

>Any Tory in a marginal seat is ABSOLUTELY safe in 2020

And this isn't speculation?

>being this deluded

Make your own ffs it's not hard, you literally boil grapes and sugar for a bit

How about typing grape jam into google like I just did and order it online you giant poof

Almost everyone in a position of power went to a fancy school where they were buggered. The people buggering them went to a similar, if other the same fancy school where they too were buggered. The people buggering THEM also went to a similar fancy school and were buggered. Repeat for generations.

It's so common it was included as a subtle jibe in comedy shows like Blackadder an