Do you believe we will still witness the first warpflight

in our lifetimes? And if so, which country will make the first flight? Germany or Russia?

Other urls found in this thread:

foxnews.com/science/2013/10/09/nasa-juno-spacecraft-to-become-fastest-man-made-object-as-it-slingshots-around.html
youtube.com/watch?v=SCmO0TZ1UEM
digitaltrends.com/cool-tech/emdrive-news-rumors/
wired.co.uk/article/emdrive-space-drive-pluto-mission
sciencealert.com/it-s-official-nasa-s-peer-reviewed-em-drive-paper-has-finally-been-published
arc.aiaa.org/doi/10.2514/1.B36120
popularmechanics.com/science/a24745/science-behind-em-drive/
dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3063082/Has-Nasa-built-WARP-DRIVE-Engineers-claim-tested-impossible-engine-travel-faster-speed-light.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

> Germany or Russia?

try USA or China

No, real life is not star trek you nerd.

Polan

>Chinese
>Innovation
Pick only one.

>No, real life is not star trek you nerd.
But Star Trek has told stories that all became true. The automation, the robotics, the computer tech, the AI, the welfare state exploding, the internet etc.

Best Korea

>Germany

Yeah right. There is no Islamist dick for you to tug off in space. It will be the US, Russia or perhaps both nations collaborating.

They just need to seal the project from us and pour funding into it to launch first

Still no holodeck or beam technology.
Also literally nwo

At this point it is not even sure if we can do this, nor is there a mathematical basis for it.

Without the theory, it is very unlikely we will ever get to see FTL travel.

Best we can hope for in our lifetime is the launch of a probe traveling to another star at a fraction of the speed of light.

Russia? Are you serious?
They are less industrialized than Poland. You cannot power a warp drive with natural gas.

>You cannot power a warp drive with natural gas
Why not?

Really don't need them until we're at least civ 1.5
If we survive multiculturalism, we'll be interstellar (c) before an Alcubierre drive anyway

There is no feasible interstellar travel. Even if civilization lasts a million more years, it will always take 20,000 years to reach the nearest star. That is if you don't get wrecked by a piece of rock the size of a pebble.

>in our lifetimes
hell no
I don't expect us to achieve it before 5000AC

People will return their gaze to stars only when niggers and muslims are gone.

It would take too much energy.

To get that kind of energy we would need to convert Mercury into resources for a dyson sphere and then try to make a kugelblitz.

FPBP

Energy density is too low.

t. uneducated

For 99.98% never, even if we have speed of light that would still be shit considering size of our Milky Way which is still fucking nothing compared to universe

>There is no feasible interstellar travel. Even if civilization lasts a million more years, it will always take 20,000 years to reach the nearest star. That is if you don't get wrecked by a piece of rock the size of a pebble.

Absolute bullshit. Even with our petty tech right now we can get to 15,000km/s or 5% the speed of light, which means we would be able to get to the next star within 85 years.

lol bc it's not exotic matter?
there is a mathematical basis (albucierre), but it basically requires such a large negative gravity well (a gravity bump?) that we can't conceive of a safe way to harvest or store that much anti-matter (which is the only negative gravity mechanism I think we've fleshed out)

I'm sure a lot of the above is not technically correct, but it's the easiest way I can convey it without technical terminology.

"Things pulled out of my ass : The Post"

>To get that kind of energy we would need to convert Mercury into resources for a dyson sphere and then try to make a kugelblitz.

BS. Just crunch the numbers. You can get to say 0.4c with quite obtainable energy requirements.

As to warpdrive, look up Harold White at NASA.

He's not entirely wrong.

It's possible that we never do make a spaceship that can even approach light speed with a crew on board.

For the "real" warp drive it's estimated that it would take a power source the size of Jupiter unless we find some kind of shortcut.

They also need to learn how to not cut corners and use cheap shitty materials when putting things together

I think we might not see practical commercial application in our lifetimes. Experimental success, though? If warp is physically possible, we might see that in our lifetimes
t. armchair physicist

>we can get to 15,000km/s
We haven't come close so far...
record is 25mi/s = roughly 40km/s

foxnews.com/science/2013/10/09/nasa-juno-spacecraft-to-become-fastest-man-made-object-as-it-slingshots-around.html

We're making damn good headway on holograms right now
give it a decade or two and we could probably make a very, very basic holodeck

>a power source the size of Jupiter
it was about mass of Jupiter energy equivalent
If you change the geometry of a bubble and make it thicc, energy requirements will drop by orders of magnitude. I'ts actually less than a tonn of antimatter. But the power is not the most difficult thing, we have to learn how to create negative energy or make it from regular one. That will be much harder

Technology is advancing at an exponetial rate

if you recall, The industrial revolution began merely 3-4 centuries ago

There will be NEVER a warpflight, modern science is almost a religion, if you question the narrative, they cut your funding and shame you.
So many theories that could fit it, Eletric universe theory, the charge calculations by miles mantis. I could go on and on.

The best example of this dogma in science is the EM drive. This is like the "pissgate" is to mainstream media bias.

He didn't say that we got to 15,000km/s
He implied we have the technology if we had the money and the will
Nuclear reactor + High isp plasma/ion drive will do the job

>what is perpetual motion
>what is electromagnetic propulsion

We won't warp, but we'll fly at a very fast speed and the power source solution shall be resolved eventually. If humanity gets past multiculturalism, either by war or by peaceful measures, I honestly think we can achieve a type 1.5 civ in less than 100 years.

YES! But idk which country will be first, never thought of it that way. With the em drive and the new possibilities coming soon, I'd say we should see warp or its light speed equivalent within our lifetimes for sure.

A full scale Orion drive has never been built, not because it is physically unfeasible but because launching that much nuclear material into orbit is politically untenable since the Partial Test Ban Treaty

Reaching high speeds have got nothing to do with warpdrives.

As to Harold White, I hadn't heard about his research but it sounds interesting if it can be done with a low enough energy source, but I'll have to check up on that.

Germania.

Transporter technology was given to humans by Vulcans, and was only initially used for the moving of non-living objects (see Enterprise pilot).

Not sure about holo-technology, but that didn't come until after the 22nd century since the original enterprise (the constitution class) did not have holodecks, but that one isn't solid proof so whatever.

Hell, VR headsets are already a shitty holodeck, we just need to figure out how/if hardlight constructs can be made and you can remove the headset from the equation.

As Harvard astrophysicist Jonathan McDowell confirmed, Helios 2 achieved geocentric speeds significantly faster than Juno during the late 1980s, when it was travelling almost directly away from the Earth as it moved around the Sun. At its fastest in January 1989, Helios 2 was moving away from Earth at a speed of 356,040 km/h (221,232 mph).

That is close to 100km/s, dude.

>a signed agreement severed the path to the stars for an entire species
>a piece of paper prevents us from being a multi-planet species
>a series of signatures trapped us in this little atmosphere clinging to this refuge until our kind burns out forever
LAUNCH ORION FROM KAZAKHSTAN, FUCK THE FALLOUT

Real 3D mid-air holograms that you can interact with safety and directly are right now at the proof of concept stage.

So maybe in 10-20 years we will have something like a holographic keyboard/other interface.

youtube.com/watch?v=SCmO0TZ1UEM

Though that alone is great for spaceflight, as it allows you to get rid of potentially tons of weight by removing most of the control systems and replacing them with a couple of projectors.

digitaltrends.com/cool-tech/emdrive-news-rumors/

wired.co.uk/article/emdrive-space-drive-pluto-mission

sciencealert.com/it-s-official-nasa-s-peer-reviewed-em-drive-paper-has-finally-been-published

arc.aiaa.org/doi/10.2514/1.B36120

popularmechanics.com/science/a24745/science-behind-em-drive/

>EM drive
bullshit drive that will never work because it's impossible

how the fuck is it working

>>Though that alone is great for spaceflight, as it allows you to get rid of potentially tons of weight by removing most of the control systems and replacing them with a couple of projectors.
>projectors stop working, cannot control vessel
Cool idea, but you'd still wind up having analogue redundant controls for emergencies, though you could still maybe cut the weight down by some.

There was this German dude called Burkhard Heim who came up with an interesting Theory about quantified spacetime, it had some credibility as the german and american space agencies investigated it in the 60s-80s. Unfortunately there is a problem with his theory: It predicts a Neutrino at a certain energy where we are now 99% sure that it does not exist. Thus his theory is either wrong or at least severely flawed.

Assuming this is not the case however (or it could be fixed) then it would make possible an almost trivially easy hyperdrive.
The theory postulates the existence of 6 "higher" dimensions where c would be much. much faster than here. The hyperdrive would be a superconducting disk circling very fast on top of a magnetic field of 100-200T.
100T would be feasible within the next 5-10 years. It is already possible now but only for microseconds using explosively pulsed power supplies.
The force is exerted from the disk onto spacetime.

Unfortunately the tinfoilers had their fun with this man and now if you google it you are more likely to find 12 dimensional orgon powered dildos than anything of value.

even if it worked, it would not surpass c.

Hey, sub-c is a start, even if we could accelerate something to half lightspeed we could get a meaningful flyby of Alpha Centuari in relatively short order, unmanned that is, unless we want to start decelerating halfway there.

We already have warp drive and have actually been to 15 different alien civilizations. They're just keeping it hidden because aliens don't want to risk Jews spreading out into the Galaxy.

>They're just keeping it hidden because aliens don't want to risk Jews spreading out into the Galaxy.
>44

I'm ok with that

yeah and disappearance of money, no more wars for resources, interstellar exploration being a priority, prime directive, etc.

hence my inclusion of the modifier "so far..."
I made a separate, non-oppositional statement.
not every post is an argument lol

you can get there already with conventional nuke-powered drives.
Look up "project daedalus" and "project orion" (the old one not the new one).
20%c feasible by 70s technology.

But then polotics happened...

global fallout if in upper atmos

How do you overcome the problem of sexual emergencies in space

wow is pol retarded? its going to be us Fat whites running away from you fucking mud fuckers.

dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3063082/Has-Nasa-built-WARP-DRIVE-Engineers-claim-tested-impossible-engine-travel-faster-speed-light.html

I don't like it, but I understand their thinking.

Airlocks.

In Star Trek canon, all of that follows a devastating series of resource wars prior to our first contact with the Vulcans, when they first show up here we're scraping our civilization back together out of the ashes of WW3.

Oh I'm with you there user, Orion should have been our ticket to the stars, I'm just saying if we're not going to do that (we should) we could try to go this route instead.

That sounds like a problem for people still on Earth.
Really though, how many detonations to achieve escape velocity? If it's no more than a particularly active year of nuclear testing in the 50s/60s, we could get away with it I think.

Don't think so. The easiest way with current tech is to send unmanned space ship to nearest star and then try to make quantum communication channel using Einshtein-Podolsky paradox.

At least it will allow us to collect data from interstellar spaceships faster than light.

>late to the show

(literally has the same pic as the linked article)

India

t. 60%, t. 2100 50%

Good luck innovating when half your country is niggers

>>At least it will allow us to collect data from interstellar spaceships faster than light.
>tfw this creates a read-error in reality and crashes the simulation

Germany
Fuck off USA your country is brown so it won't innovate anymore this isn't the 60s

you know we got a working stable wormhole tech about 5 years ago. So your idea is sound.

Problem is the hole temp is at absolute zero, but that is great for enegry and information.

The first warp flight is from montana you dumbass

if fukushima gets worse then we'll need project orion. i bet that's the backup plan in case global warming starts to get really bad.