Hearing protection act

GET IN HERE FELLOW BURGERS

CLICK THE LINK AT THE BOTTOM OF THE ARTICLE TO EMAIL YOUR CONGRESSMEN IN 10 SECONDS

nraila.org/articles/20170113/your-members-of-congress-need-to-hear-from-you-on-the-hearing-protection-act-of-2017

>The HPA would remove sound suppressors from regulation under the National Firearms Act (NFA) and treat them as ordinary firearms under the Gun Control Act of 1968 (GCA). As with other firearms, commercial manufacturers, dealers, and importers would still have to be licensed, and the items’ retail sales would be subject to the GCA’s background check and transfer form requirements.

>Currently, suppressors (misleadingly referred to as “silencers” in federal law) are subject to the NFA’s cumbersome and lengthy application process and a $200 tax stamp. Lawful purchasers can expect a raft of red tape and months of waiting. This is so, even though the devices themselves are completely harmless and very rarely used in crime.

nraila.org/articles/20170113/your-members-of-congress-need-to-hear-from-you-on-the-hearing-protection-act-of-2017

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c2GchQ3orB0
ontheissues.org/IL/Danny_Davis_Gun_Control.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bump

Bump

Boomp

This is a joke rightß

Why would anybody support fucking gun silencers?
The only people who will benefit from it are
1. Big companies selling them
2. Niggers ans spics killing people because these things silence the shit out of everything and it will be harder to report shootings

Every gun owner who shoots an the fire range should have ear protection

>thinking niggers are smart enough to use silencers

>silence the shit out of everything

Really only close to that effective with bolt-action small caliber rifles.

Everything else is about as loud as dropping a phone book on concrete.

Same amount of energy, just spread out over a longer time.

Also, they do nothing to reduce the noise made by the mechanisms themselves. For example, the sound made by a Beretta 92 slide slamming closed is about 100db - very easy to hear inside an insulated room.

Would the recoil on that kick up the bipod?

More like Easy Assassinations act.

Fuck off gunsexuals

1. Yes big companies will profit. What is your problem with that? No one forces you to buy one
2. No they wont silence the shit out of everything. Guns are still fucking loud. You don't seem to understand the 2nd amendment. Not that I would expect a German to unterstand rights.

ITT: DJTJR pretends he's leading a charge to enact legislation

kys faggot

You should be ashamed to call yourself an American

Youre stupid.

Do you know what criminals will do with silencers?

You should shove the silencers up your ass and stop trying to make crime even easier to commit because of zero reports on shootings

Kill yourself gun nazi. Nobody gives a fuck about gun rights

You are stupid

Do you know how rights work? Besides, there would still be background checks for suppressors. The bill is about removing them from the NFA.

Nothing, because most criminals are kangs and wetbacks, and neither are smart enough to use one

as an american i have a right to do whatever the fuck i want to do so long as its not fucking over other people. you probably can't understand the concept of freedom, being a European and all.
that's ok, try to understand that the actions of a few bad actors do not negate my god given right to do whatever the fuck I please.

yes.

You dumb shitstains. Criminal prosecutions for violent crimes in my state would be next to impossible if guns were silent. Why don't you think critically about the effects of your dumb legislation after you wipe the NRA's cum off your chin.

oil filters make great silencers for center fire rifles and 2 leter bottles make great .22 silencers. this law will not help criminals who already have easy access to improvised silencers.

educate yourself you sound like an idiot.

see
lot of stupid going on around here.

This. Fuck, no one here understands freedom. I want to get out of this country. Immigrating to the US as soon as I finish university.

>there are people
>IN THIS THREAD RIGHT NOW
>who actually think silencers are like james bond and make the gun dead silent

>gun control works
Nope.

Ne'er-do-wells will still use all manner of pointy objects to accomplish their dirty deeds.

Care to outlaw BBQ lighters and butter knives, too? You'll also need to do something about pencils, staplers, forks, hammers, nails, handsaws, and sharpened rocks. Also, long fingernails could be a problem, too.

Everything is still very loud with a suppressor unless you use subsonic ammo on small calibers.

Tell that to enslaved eurofags

No, but it would be nice to not have to wear hearing protection while I shoot my smaller guns.

>Care to outlaw BBQ lighters and butter knives, too? You'll also need to do something about pencils, staplers, forks, hammers, nails, handsaws, and sharpened rocks. Also, long fingernails could be a problem, too.

Don't give them any ideas, some people think that the brit approach works.

>Guns are still fucking loud. You don't seem to understand the 2nd amendment.

>A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed

Definition of arm:
Weapons; armaments:
‘arms and ammunition’

Well so you played yourself Kraut, a silnccer isnt an arm.

And to 1:
Why would i complain? Because the only people who would benefit are big companies , the normal citizen is not going to benefit from it. on the contrary he is going to pay for it with a higher chance for a crime not be solved .

>Gunshot can be heard pretty good
>Use silencer
>Gunshot is muffled
>Now the radius to hear it is signifcant smaller

We actually have tougher laws on suppressors then most of Europe and Canada.

It's this tangent me that they work like in the movies when really all they do for anything larger than 22 long rifle is reduce the immediate decibel impact on the user to something that might not result in hearing damage. Basically the difference between 160 decibels and 130 decibels at most.

It doesn't make you a Ninja Assassin Hitman. It doesn't make it harder to report on crime. Police hearing reports in the city that someone heard a gunshot in the distance "somewhere" would actually be better information if it was limited to within a few blocks less. What police really want is actually eye witnesses.

Do you know how effectively sound travels? During Christmas you can easily hear the bell for the Salvation Army donation Bucket from over half a kilometer away.

It's honestly time to get rid of the entire National Firearms Act.

Done and done

I assume this is a troll, but on the off chance someone else reading the thread doesn't realize - you can buy solvent traps right now that are suppressors, perfectly legally for like 20 bucks. You just can't USE them that way.

Would someone committing murder give a fuck about that technicality? Obviously not, but it fucks ME over because I can't go hunting with one and avoid blowing my eardrums out because I actually give a shit about the law.

>small calibers.
nah just subsonic will work.
check out 300 AAC.

most supersonic ammunition will still be 120db+ silenced, ergo requiring hearing protection.

>this dipshit thinks suppressors make guns silent like in the vidya gaems.

>He doesnt know that they are still fucking loud and can be heard from miles around even with a supressor.

what a friggen idiot LOL

there are guns with silencers integrated into the barrel, meaning that the silencer is the gun, and they are illegal.
check m8 you freedom hating kraut.

Why would a criminal bother to get a legal suppressor? They don't buy their guns legally, why would suppressors be different?

You know nothing about gun crime in the US.

>Concept of freedom in America
>Cant get drunk until you are 21
>Cant fuck somebody who is under 18
>get arrested for taking a piss
>get arrested for making an illegal U turn
>get arrested for nearly everything
>get arrested 3 times and you end up in jail forever

Also
>i want to do so long as its not fucking over other people

>Companies pump shit in your water and you cant do anything because they bought everybody
>Companies start fracking and your house crumbles because of man made earthquakes but lol companies will not pay for your new house

>Do you know what criminals will do with silencers?

nothing stops criminals from getting them right now

turns out being able to hide your gat without a tube hanging off the end of the barrel is more valuable than making sure the gun you probably won't even fire stays a little quieter than normal

how do we know the gun lobby does not have shills on pol right now?

>People still think suppressors work like they do in video games and movies
youtube.com/watch?v=c2GchQ3orB0

I don't exactly have high hopes that my email will bring us a new ally in the House

>Danny Davis on Gun Control

>Voted NO on prohibiting product misuse lawsuits on gun manufacturers. (Oct 2005)
>Voted NO on decreasing gun waiting period from 3 days to 1. (Jun 1999)
>Rated F by theNRA, indicating a pro-gun control voting record. (Dec 2003)
>Close the Gun Show Loophole; restrict show sales. (May 2009)
>Ban large-capacity ammunition. (Jan 2013)
>Repeal "stand-your-ground" laws. (Jul 2013)
ontheissues.org/IL/Danny_Davis_Gun_Control.htm
Pic extremely related

the fact that perfection doesn't exist doesn't mean you should not strive for it.

so whats your point again?

have you ever shot anything suppressed? I don't think you understand, it's still really loud. if it's not loud it's because the bullet is subsonic and inherently less lethal with a greatly reduced effective range.

I also want them to reduce the legal length of barrels with rifle stock. ATF makes no sense. Pay $200+ for a stamp because your rifle barrel is a few inches shorter and you happen to like using a different stock?

Sorry, but certain states have this implemented in relation to Felonies and repeat offenders.

If it was as easy and you put it, 90% of the US would be in prison. 10% would be the prison.

If you've never fired a gun, your opinion on suppressors is uninformed and therefore invalid.

Gunshots may be easy to hear, but you still cannot locate them with just two pairs of ears. Humans have very poor echolocation abilities.

Its called the "Hearing Protection Act" for a reason: Regular earmuffs only do so much to protect against damaging shock-waves. Sounds can still do damage right through your skull if they are loud enough.

> a silnccer isnt an arm
So we both agree that it doesn't belong in the NFA - the National FireARMs Act. If it isn't Alcohol, Tobacco, or a FireARM, the ATF shouldn't be bothered with it.

Also, for the record, in the context of the founder's vocabulary, "regulated" is agreed to have meant "trained", not "controlled".

TWEET THIS TO TRUMP HOLY SHIT

>inherently less lethal
not for all calibers. 45 auto and 300 AAC are examples of cartridges that don't get much benefit from being supersonic. even for something like .223 you can load 3k+ fps subsonic ammo so your not loosing much if you know what your doing.

>so many anti-silencer burgers ITT

G E T
T H E
F U U U C K
O U T

Dumbass. You can make one yourself out of a Maglite flashlight. Neck yourself you worthless cunt.

His son is one of the people lobbying for this.

>3k FPS
>subsonic
nigger wat

Note also that Trump appointed the SilencerCo CEO to his 2A commission.

Things are probably looking up. Here's to hoping prices will go down when it passes.

Suppressors are classified as firearms under Federal Law, dumbass.

>Why would anybody support fucking gun silencers?

to protect hearing, also he in America unlike cuckistan where you live we are allowed to use any weapon we can manufacture

>and treat them as ordinary firearms
Why not just have them treated as non-controlled components?

Leaving them in essentially the same legal standing as receivers only serves to distinguish them as a special kind of device, one which will be more open to state-level control and restriction.

depends on sectional density, m8.
sonic booms happen at differing speeds depending on topology of projectile.

>Sup Forumstards actually defending this

Might as well admit you actually want a nigger bull while your doing the whole cuck routine.

we need to do away with all firearms paperwork, all of it needs to go, it just creates bloated government and wasted resources

This. I've had to shoot a shotgun indoors and I got tinnitus from it.

baby steps

t. muhammad

The step from NFA "firearm" to component could be one single step.

In fact, it makes more sense to skip over the non-NFA "firearm" status entirely, because suppressors aren't firearms, they're simply mufflers which are adapted for firearms.

Here in the UK you can buy a suppressor over the counter. The only regulated parts of a firearm are the receiver and barrel+breech assembly.

I get both sides of the argument, I'll sit this one out.

>I get both sides of the argument, I'll sit this one out.
no, you really don't. because one side is wrong.

see

>silencers
Germany doesn't know how suppressors work, I'm shocked.

They are already silent, they don't know what noise means anymore.

Interesting, is there any info as to why the US doesn't grant the same exception?

Fucking this. Euros get out Reeeeeeee!

muh feels

that is all.

>american solution to rampant gun violence: legalize silencers to make it even easier to conceal and murder people
Fucking lol, I knew americans were retarded but is it possible they are actually this retarded? This is a joke, right?

Because anti-gun laws in the US are drafted by the same people who will be voting on it, politicians.

Here in the UK, anti-gun laws are drafted largely by lawyers working under an advisory committee, composed of police, and weapon experts.

US passed the National Firearms Act in the early 30s in response to organized crime massacres. the $200 NFA stamp was pretty restricting at the time, being equivalent to over $3k today.

read the thread stupid. you can duct tape a soda bottle to your gun barrel and you have a silencer. you think criminals about to attempt a murder are going to care about violating NFA laws?
pull your fucking head out, dipshit.

>Cant get drunk until you are 21
Wrong. You can drink low alcohol content beverages with family before that in a lot of states
>Cant fuck somebody who is under 18
Wrong, age of consent in many states is 16 and 17
>get arrested for taking a piss
Wrong but pissing in public (IE public urination is disgusting and you deserve the fines you'll receive)
>get arrested for making an illegal U turn
Wrong, many states have legal U-turns and even if they don't U-turns are dangerous as fuck
>get arrested for nearly everything
Wrong
Wrong, in some states if you get convicted of a felony for a third time you're fucked (look up the three strikes rules)

Jesus fuck, is this really what the ignorant fucks that spend all day thinking they're sooooo superior to Americans think?

Silent Race War incoming?

Most of our politicians are lawyers. It's not an excuse though. They work under the advisement of campaign advisors on what will make them seem likely to be re-elected.

I know right? Silencers basically make guns invisible and can compact them down to fit into your shoe. They are totally not huge extenders to an already difficult-to-hide firearm and can still be heard from over a kilometer away.

When are you going to ban basements because immigrants can't stop stuffing your women into their rape-caves?

No, it was passed in order to be able to throw organized crime members in prison forever. Just like tax evasion. Remember that it's a $200 TAX STAMP that you pay to the ATF that at the time was a branch of the IRS

>Wrong. You can drink low alcohol content beverages with family before that in a lot of states
also POSSESING alcohol is illegal for minors, being drunk is not.

also if your under 18 too it doesn't matter

my god it will be a cold day in hell before I listen to a fucking german lecture me about freedom. why don't you make a facebook post that will get you thrown in jail you fucking cuck.

i disagree. violating the NFA act in the 30s would not get you life in prison.

>Yes goyim, it's gun violence and has nothing to do with the criminal classes and races of people that commit crimes at rates just like they do in their native countries.
Thanks Sweden

These kind of metal acrobatics are normal now?

Yes, but in the case of the UK, the lawyers are simply drafting for the committee, who are relevant experts, not trained lawyers

In the US, the lawyers are drafting legislation based on their own opinion.

>people, on fucking /pol of all places, are flipping their shit over silencers

The silencer makes your gun about as quiet as throwing a big dictionary on the floor and only if it is a good one, instead of it being loud enough to shake apart your eardrums like an unsilenced weapon.

I love it

what's fucking funny is if a criminal wanted a suppressor they could just get that simple screw-on adaptor and use an oil filter, it works fucking great

>Every gun owner who shoots an the fire range should have ear protection

What if someone breaks into your home? Should you have to choose between finding your ear pro and going deaf from firing a weapon in an enclosed space?

isn't amazing how people will develop a passionate opinion on topics they know absolutely nothing about?

your right. you can use a fucking soda bottle on small caliber rifles as a silencer.

also hunting with ear pro sucks ass. I choose to take the hearing loss when I hunt deer. I will use a silencer for hunting next year (legally I hope)

I prefer electronic ear pro when I'm in the woods, but I get where you're coming from.

I'm sorry this cuck knows nothing about guns. Europe used to have a prominent gun culture but our elites betrayed us and we were fools to trust them.

As a "sportshooter" who's been using suppressors for years because here the laws are very lax in this regard, I support you guys to deregulate "silencers" because it makes no sense to have them restricted or stuck behind tax stamps.
You should promote videos that bust the Hollywood "pew pew" myth, that record actual decibel levels to show the interest behind owning a suppressor.

i use em at the range but i can't easily tell distance and direction while using them.
also its hard to tell a small animal moving through brush from a deer with them.

You're an idiot, go get fucked by a refugee

I'm looking forward to some earpro free hunting this year. Probably use my SBR 300 Blackout because Freedom.

signed and bumped!!!