CATHOLIC GENERAL

CATHOLIC GENERAL
>DEDICATED CATHOLIC GENERALS EVERY SUNDAY

Everyone is welcome.
Discuss news, ask question, give answers, be kind to one another, and above all assist one another in living the virtuous life. As usual, I will be assisting with answering questions and helping people out. I recommend you do the same.

Today is the second Sunday in Ordinary Time.
Here are your daily readings
usccb.org/bible/readings/011517.cfm

Community links, such as recommended media, are now below in pastebin links. Remember to recommend things to add to the lists!
>Catholic Encyclopedia
newadvent.org/
>Directory for Finding a Latin Mass (U.K)
lms.org.uk/mass-listings
>Directory for Finding a Latin Mass (U.S/Can)
ecclesiadei.org/masses.cfm
>Laudate App
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aycka.apps.MassReadings&hl=en
>Recommended Movies
pastebin.com/xAL9w4fk
>Recommended Books
pastebin.com/K8DUUPdC
>Recommended Music
pastebin.com/dgqjiSgs
>Beauty of Creation
pastebin.com/VKGZEvXK
>Tales of Love and Virtue
pastebin.com/Qt3RUsXA

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/pope-francis-declares-evolution-and-big-bang-theory-are-right-and-god-isnt-a-magician-with-a-magic-9822514.html
churchmilitant.com/news/article/english-bishops-criticize-lgbt-agenda
youtube.com/watch?v=QwJXesn9dlo
ccjr.us/dialogika-resources/primary-texts-from-the-history-of-the-relationship/272-luther-1523
catholic.com/quickquestions/if-jesus-was-a-jew-why-are-we-catholic
tabletmag.com/jewish-life-and-religion/161086/observing-torah-like-jesus
google.com/amp/s/www.compellingtruth.org/amp/was-Jesus-a-Jew.html
pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/religion/jesus/bornliveddied.html
biblicalarchaeology.org/daily/people-cultures-in-the-bible/was-jesus-a-jew/
theologian.org.uk/churchhistory/lutherandthejews.html
uni-due.de/collcart/es/sem/s6/txt09_1.htm
jesusisajew.org/Jesus_is_a_Jew.php
leaderu.com/theology/jesusjew.html
quora.com/Why-are-some-Christians-right-wing-when-Jesus-was-clearly-the-opposite
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2126802/Christians-likely-left-wing-liberal-views-immigration-equality.html
theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2013/07/the-rise-of-the-christian-left-in-america/278086/
news.groopspeak.com/10-ways-right-wing-christians-and-muslim-extremists-are-exactly-the-same/
google.com/amp/mobile.nytimes.com/2015/09/27/opinion/sunday/ross-douthat-springtime-for-liberal-christianity.amp.html
christianhistoryinstitute.org/magazine/article/gods-left-wing-radical-reformers/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=IQcZC_EP9S0
amren.com/news/2012/04/christians-more-likely-to-be-leftwing-and-have-liberal-views-on-immigration-and-equality/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/pope-francis-declares-evolution-and-big-bang-theory-are-right-and-god-isnt-a-magician-with-a-magic-9822514.html

doesn't the pope support evolution, explain this Italian guy

it's his personal opinion, not doctrine of the Church. Also never trust the MSM about this stuff, always look for the word-per-word original quote, as they always twist it

Is it bad that I want to be a Catholic because Christ-chan is a cute?

Anything that leads you to God is good.

But I would love my own lil Christ-chan qt 3.14

It's definitely not giving you a good start but it's getting you somewhere.

that's my issue with Catholicism though, how could he be the spiritual successor of peter if he says stuff like this, even if it isn't doctrine, he still said it

So the Pope accepts the bing bang and evolution as the origin, in John 1:1 it clearly sates that God is the Word, and that the Word is God.

Since the pope speaks in favor of Carl Sagan, jewish fables, does that mean that the church accepts the writing of Carl Sagan as history of the origin of life?

>Call themself a Christian
>doesnt care about the Christ

Dialy reminder that

NO SAVIOR FOR YOU , PODESTA PULLED OUT A NERO ON THE NEXT BABY JESUS AND HE IS DEAD , NO ONE IS SAVING YOU
NO SAVIOR FOR YOU , PODESTA PULLED OUT A NERO ON THE NEXT BABY JESUS AND HE IS DEAD , NO ONE IS SAVING YOU

he is a sinful human like any other. Being Pope doesn't give him perfection in knowledge or actions

Obligatory.

Peter was a man with faults as well.

Don't miss the premier of The Young Pope today at 9PM EST on HBO!

Aw shiet yeah, it's a mofuckin
CATHOLIC
GENERAL

Have a good night bros.

What does Carl Sagan have to do with it? Evolution was theorized by Charles Darwin and the Big Bang was theorized by a Catholic priest.

Goodnight, PortugueseAnon.

At what point in the conversion process do you start giving 10% of your income?

Is my understanding correct that Catholicism generally promotes strong family values correct? If so, is it sinful if you've given up on pursuing marriage... or dating?

>So the Pope accepts the bing bang and evolution as the origin, in John 1:1 it clearly sates that God is the Word, and that the Word is God.

How does that conflict at all?

>Since the pope speaks in favor of Carl Sagan, jewish fables, does that mean that the church accepts the writing of Carl Sagan as history of the origin of life?

How does Carl Sagan relate to this at all?

Post yfw

>(1) Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump)

Atheists think that the best way to troll these threads is to talk about how euphoric they are, but the best way is actually to advocate the theory of predestination.

No, our priests/monks/nuns are celibate and do not engage in romantic relationships.

Hey what do I do when the only church is my area only preaches "Nice heresy", love everyone bullshit?

I want to go to church again, but I feel the only local Church itself is heretical.

>>We must love all men

Carl Sagan is the premier astrobiologist

If God is the word, and you deny that man was made by Him, than you deny the word, and therefore deny Christ as well

Paul says it's okay to live either way, as long as you aren't being a promiscuous little scamp.

Genesis establishes the covenant of marriage, but it's okay to live alone as well.

The law of righteousness comes before early things.

>Is my understanding correct that Catholicism generally promotes strong family values correct?
Yes

>If so, is it sinful if you've given up on pursuing marriage... or dating?
Yes, except if you pursue the spiritual life such as with the monks.

Really like it. I want to edit on the pro-protestant version of the protestant part of this to get a better image.

bump

Earthly*

Top kek.

You're not making any sense.

When can I buy it on Amazon?

Remember when the church stole a bunch of indeginous kids and then let pedophiles rape generations of them for hundreds of years?

>Spreading Jewish lies

Thank you, anons. That's good to know

>how could he be the spiritual successor of peter if he says stuff like this
Remember Peter also said some pretty dumb shit, and did some dumb shit. Like denying Christ three times. Just because hes a successor of Peter does not make him perfect. Nor does being a successor of the other apostles make the Priests perfect.

Remember even St Paul had many problems:
>Romans 7 18-20 "I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my flesh; for I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For I do not do the good I want to do. Instead, I keep on doing the evil I do not want to do. And if I do what I do not want, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.…

And he did not declare that evolution is true. That is just the headline used as click bait. He was pointing out that evolution is in accordance with Christian teaching and that through God guiding evolution or God creating the big bang the rest could have come to past. He did not confirm it however.

And even if he did unless he said it with Papal infallibility in his special room. It would just be the opinion of a normal man.
>I don't know what the special room or the term I think it's ex cathedra or something to that sort

Well you're making a start I guess. Any method that gets you going is fine.

Welcome buddy

You too mate.

We do encourage creating a family or pursuing priesthood. Why do you intend on not starting a family user. We are on Sup Forums after all. Gotta contribute to dat dere white race.

Say what you want about catholics they got the Holy Trinity and the divinity of Christ right.

>God can only possibly make humanity by zapping it into existence
Why?

no I don't

Is there a point in trying to pursue Catholicism if I'm a degenerate who's had homosex in the past? Can I be forgiven in the future somehow?

Yeah, we used to be allowed to just burn such faggots alive.

But muh progress and shieet.

I was raised catholic but became atheist but one thing i always hated as a catholic was believing the pope could talk to god. its pretty retarded. that is all

>but became atheist

Not even agnostic?

>by zapping it into
>it

umm.

>as a catholic was believing the pope could talk to god. its pretty retarded.
good, because Catholics don't believe it either

But user we are taught to love everyone. Even if they do sin. That doesn't however mean we encourage or let them off easily about sin. We are never to stand idly while people murder babies, fornicate like sodomites or stand idly while muslims talk shit about Jesus our Lord.

>pic related
Also try find another more conservative Church, or attend Latin mass?

>Carl Sagan is the premier astrobiologist

He was a media figurehead in, what, the 80s?
God is the word and God can make man through means. You ignore the Catholic position of Divine Conservation.

Worst case scenario: Go for the sacrament.
Best case scenario: Confront the priest and complain.
Stupid scenario: Don't go.

I enjoyed it when the dissenters provided arguments and criticism rather than memes and irrational anger.

You are always open to be forgive insofar as you wish to repent.

>pope
>talk to God
u wot
Thats not doctrine at all. Did you get some child-like shit version of papal infallibility?

You got a problem with my grammar, fuckface? Say that shit to me straight.

>Even if they do sin. That doesn't however mean we encourage or let them off easily about sin. We are never to stand idly while people murder babies, fornicate like sodomites or stand idly while muslims talk shit about Jesus our Lord.

And that is the problem. Those issues are never fucking talked about.

If anything, it's being implicitly defended due to the avoidance of bringing up these topics.

I know some spaniards used Catholicism to pacify my islander brethren but may I join the upcoming crusades my catholic friends

Ave, Maria, grátia plena,
Dóminus tecum.
Benedícta tu in muliéribus,
et benedíctus fructus ventris tui, Iesus.
Sancta María, Mater Dei,
ora pro nobis peccatóribus, nunc et in hora mortis nostræ. Amen.

nah i believe going whole hog, not a fence sitter. i do like christians/catholics.. even mormons to an extent.. more than other religions and i hate atheists more than christians

I may be wrong but as long as you repent by doing good deeds and resisting the temptation, you can be forgiven of pretty much anything.

Priest is black though.

>Those issues are never talked about
By who? We talk about it just fine.

So if the Word is set in stone, whatever the scribbling may say, we must define God.
Science has for centuries been the tool of choice by which man has sought to make that definition, assisting the spiritual component in this search.

Not in my area.

On Sup Forums of course it is.

Cardinal Sarah is black.
Whats your issue?

Is that the truth? I always heard that's just a protestant thing. How does someone go about repenting?

>Is there a point in trying to pursue Catholicism if I'm a degenerate who's had homosex in the past?
Yes.
>Can I be forgiven in the future somehow?
Of course you can user. Everybody in this thread probably has some pretty fucked up shit under their belt before coming to Christ. Hell a lot of us probably are still doing some fucked up shit and looking for forgiveness for our sinful way.

Luke 5:31-33
>Jesus answered, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance.” Then they said to Him, “John’s disciples and those of the Pharisees frequently fast and pray, but Yours keep on eating and drinking.”…

If you come looking for Christ with a contrite and loving heart you can be forgiven. You need to have the mindset that you don't want to sin again, via homosexual sex or any other means. You want to follow the Lord. And if you do fall to these sins again, and are truly repentant for your weakness. You can be forgiven again through the Grace of our Lord. Pick yourself up and try again harder.

>I always hated as a catholic was believing the pope could talk to god
Yeah well Catholics don't.

He shilled for Hillary a few months ago.

churchmilitant.com/news/article/english-bishops-criticize-lgbt-agenda

You got to have faith and do good deeds my man. Any good deeds.

Based.

My racism actually makes it hard for me to become Christian.

>We do encourage creating a family or pursuing priesthood. Why do you intend on not starting a family user. We are on Sup Forums after all. Gotta contribute to dat dere white race.

I guess I am afraid that I'll love someone and they will fall out of love with me and leave me. Marriage just seems like a financial and emotional risk, even more so if there are children. I'd love to have that small family with someone, but it seems more and more like an ideal then doesn't really exist anymore.

youtube.com/watch?v=QwJXesn9dlo

Reminder that you are defacto not catholic If you:

1) Support Trump
2) "Hate" refugees
3) Describe oneself as a "nationalist"

You can't prove me wrong.

>The fact that I believe that some human races are better than others leads me to doubt the existence of Christ
What? Don't be ridiculous. Having superficial opinions that contradict the consensus doesn't make you a false Christian.

Then I'm not Catholic.

eyo nice thread buds but there's absolutely no justification for having a belief in god so you have to believe it on blind faith like a child have a good one

1) wrong
2) 50% right, you shouldn't hate them, especially if they are legit refugees, but it's not an excuse for letting them flow in by the million. (((refugees))) of the current year furthermore are hardly in need of help.
3) wrong

Tower of Babel. You have officially been proven wrong.

I know the text to completely true in any and all aspects, I take it for what it is, literal truth.

So it falls in the realm of apostasy to deny man as a direct creation of God.

Well I find it increasingly uncomfortable to think that Christ wasn't white and this creates a wedge between He and myself.
I'm very apprehensive to worship Him if He found it fit to come to earth in the form of a race which I do not belong to.

Then we are all doomed

Be

forgot the be, typo alert

>And that is the problem. Those issues are never fucking talked about.
>If anything, it's being implicitly defended due to the avoidance of bringing up these topics.

I believe you just have a bad Church unfortunately. My priests are pretty based like that, Hometown or at Uni. yesterdays homily was about rejecting modernism and standing strong in arguments against abortion and euthanasia. Talking about how even through logic and reasoning they will ignore us instead for emotional appeal and thats retarded. Told us to pray for Donald Trump too.

Most of the homily's these days seem to be about standing strong against abortion and all the other shit our modern western culture tries to teach us.

>Is that the truth? I always heard that's just a protestant thing.
This is the truth. It is the truth in every branch of Christianity user. God is not a vengeful bugger, He is loving and understanding of what goes through our minds. And if His children are genuinely sorry for their sins, through His sacrifice we can be saved. He died so that we may be forgiven for our sins.

>How does someone go about repenting?
Start off with praying for forgiveness, apologizing for the wrong doings you've done.

Then go find a Catholic Priest near you and if you are already baptized a Catholic ask if you can go to confession. If not talk to him about interest in joining the Church, and how you wish to confess your sins and ask forgiveness from Christ.

Jesus is a jew

Martin Luther- Jesus Christ was Born a jew.
ccjr.us/dialogika-resources/primary-texts-from-the-history-of-the-relationship/272-luther-1523
If Jesus is a Jew, why are we Catholics?
catholic.com/quickquestions/if-jesus-was-a-jew-why-are-we-catholic
For christians, Practicing Judaism means being like Christ.
tabletmag.com/jewish-life-and-religion/161086/observing-torah-like-jesus
Was jesus jewish? He infact was.
google.com/amp/s/www.compellingtruth.org/amp/was-Jesus-a-Jew.html
Jesus' many faces- yet he was born, lived, and died a jew.
pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/religion/jesus/bornliveddied.html
Was jesus a jew? He was.
biblicalarchaeology.org/daily/people-cultures-in-the-bible/was-jesus-a-jew/
Jesus is a jew- Martin luther.
Luther on the jews- jesus' people
theologian.org.uk/churchhistory/lutherandthejews.html
Jesus Christ is born a Jew
uni-due.de/collcart/es/sem/s6/txt09_1.htm
Jesus is a jew
jesusisajew.org/Jesus_is_a_Jew.php
Jesus is a Jewish man
leaderu.com/theology/jesusjew.html
Jesus is a jew verses

Jesus was taken to the temple as an infant according to the Jewish law of Moses (Luke 2:22).

Sixth, Jesus was at the Jewish temple as a child according to Jewish custom (Luke 2:41-52).

>Repent: feel or express sincere regret or remorse about one's wrongdoing or sin.

I'm not sure what you mean. Confess your sins openly towards God, ask forgiveness, and seek to overcome the faults you have declared.

so what is the point of the pope? Catholicism predates Protestantism and they don't need a figurehead. the fact you can have contradicting popes in a lifetime makes the role look even more unnecessary and just makes catholicism open to wide interpretation.

Chrisrianity leftist

Why are you rightwing when jesus is a leftist?
quora.com/Why-are-some-Christians-right-wing-when-Jesus-was-clearly-the-opposite
Christians more likely to be leftwing have liberal views.
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2126802/Christians-likely-left-wing-liberal-views-immigration-equality.html
The left is now more Christian than the bible belt.
theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2013/07/the-rise-of-the-christian-left-in-america/278086/
Right wing christians are exactly like muslims extremists
news.groopspeak.com/10-ways-right-wing-christians-and-muslim-extremists-are-exactly-the-same/
Leftwing christianity is booming!
google.com/amp/mobile.nytimes.com/2015/09/27/opinion/sunday/ross-douthat-springtime-for-liberal-christianity.amp.html
Gods left wing radical reformers.
christianhistoryinstitute.org/magazine/article/gods-left-wing-radical-reformers/
Was jesus left or right wing?
m.youtube.com/watch?v=IQcZC_EP9S0
American Renaissance- Christians more likely yo be leftwing and have liberal views on Immigration and Equality
amren.com/news/2012/04/christians-more-likely-to-be-leftwing-and-have-liberal-views-on-immigration-and-equality/

Remember when the church brought American kids in as alter boys and let pedos rape them for generations all over America?

Dude what? The race of the son of God determines whether you worship Him? Don't call yourself worthy if you dismiss God based on His appearance alone.

Do you think that the descendants of Abraham lived for hundreds of years at a time on their own?

Do catholics believe that people that deny that Christ is son of God will be allowed into the kingdom of God?

God did not come to the world just to save the White Race

what am i a vampire lmao jews only fear zyklon b

Jesus Christ if I were your father I beat the shit out of you for telling such an egregiously stupid lie.

If you're going to be bad, son, at least be fucking good at it.

Would God not be able to make man live as long as He wants?

KNOCK KNOCK

yes, too bad that modern jews are just LARPers and not actual jews

>Marx subverted some christian values
>therefore christianity is marxist
ebin

no I don't

RARE.

>I guess I am afraid that I'll love someone and they will fall out of love with me and leave me.
Understandable

>Marriage just seems like a financial and emotional risk, even more so if there are children.
That it is.

>I'd love to have that small family with someone, but it seems more and more like an ideal then doesn't really exist anymore.
Have faith user. God will provide for you that one quiet Christian gal with traditional values. Have faith in Him. Don't give hope on women. And then raise your sons to be good manly gentleman, and your daughters to be chastise good feminine women.

>1) Support Trump
Wrong
>2) "Hate" refugees
Yeah probably true. We shouldn't be hating anyone. Doesn't mean I have to approve of them or welcome them. Even though I see why its important to do so. A sanctuary zone created in the middle east would be better for them and us.
>3) Describe oneself as a "nationalist"
Nationalism =/= Not being Catholic

Shalom

sure about that m8?