Am I going to be blacklisted from being a teacher?

>be me
>going to liberal college because scholarships (no debt). 20 minute commute from my house.
>going to be a teacher
>take the redpill
>realize how bad public school is
>it's the only option outside of being a professor (years of college, debt)
>finishing class, professor gives us exit slip for any concerns we have
>write that I don't want to teach in a low-income school, or a ghetto
>professor asks for meeting
>I explain that low-income schools lack resources from no funding and have a high turnover rate (i.e. many teachers don't want to work there)
>professor fills out a Kafkaesque "disposition assessment"
Pic related. I ended up withdrawing from the program. No debt. I want to transfer to another school and finish.

Other urls found in this thread:

ascdedge.ascd.org/blogpost/moving-from-a-deficit-to-a-developmental-mindset
civilrights.findlaw.com/discrimination/how-to-file-an-education-discrimination-complaint-with-the.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I could probably transfer to the only other college within commuting distance of my parent's house and get scholarships there so still no debt. I was on the Dean's List at the college and had a high school GPA over 4.0. I think it's liberal too, so I would have to work to hide my power level. But I'm concerned that even if I did that and got my degree, I would be blacklisted from being hired. I think the state would see my transcript, see I transferred, contact the previous school, learn that I had a disposition assessment, and assume I'm unprofessional or a racist or something.

Holy shit. Sometimes you just gotta shut up and nod in these situations so you can pass the redpill to the future generations. That being said you're not blacklisted you obviously didn't say "I don't want to teach niggers" so it should be all good. BTW anywhere you study teaching is going to liberal as fuck.

No, it was a private correspondence with my professor. None of this was said while I was teaching, or even in class. I wrote on the slip at the end of class. I wrote that I didn't want to teach in a low-income school, or a ghetto, and that I had doubts about the efficacy of the teaching program (we were making stupid PowerPoints of poems that had have animated text, because God knows that's important).

So much doublethink. It's obvious that low-income schools are worse. Just calling it a low-income school is showing a "deficit mindset". And there's a high turnover rate, so it's not as if my concerns aren't shared by many other teachers.

teachers like yourself give me hope for my future children. Become such a good teacher that you offset the shitty ones

Thank you. But I'm concerned that even if I transferred to the other school within commuting distance and graduated debt free, states wouldn't hire me. I'm concerned that my transcript from School #2 would show transfer grades from School #1. The state would then contact School #1, learn that I withdrew/had a "disposition assessment" and assume that I am unprofessional at best and a racist at worst.

>2016
>not going into Engineering

kys

feel you m8
I fortunately teach in a place full of advantaged kids. The median kid is still dumb as fuck, though, but I have some gems.

Depends on what level you plan on teaching at. I plan on teaching too and I know not to say things like that. Come on now, teacher unions are the most liberal group on the planet. Why on earth would you say something like that, specially with how well spoken you seem. If you plan on teaching college level you might have fucked yourself. Anything lower they won't go into your history that much

Do you think I would be able to get a job if I graduated from another school? I would qualify for many scholarships, and should still be able to graduate debt free. I was on the Dean's List at the other school before this incident. I'm concerned that the state would contact School #1, see this "disposition assessment" and not hire me.

I could probably explain the incident well in a red state.

user change majors please, I graduated with a history degree and couldn't get a job so I went back to get a finance masters, just save yourself the misery

I want to teach high school because I have the opportunity to graduate debt free. Being a professor would take longer, put me into debt, and it's more time in college for incidents like this to occur.

Honestly, the #1 reason why I want to be a teacher is the weekends and holidays off. Family is the most important thing to me, and I want to be available as a husband and father.

Do you think a public school would look into my history that much? I hope they're very unorganized/lazy and would not.

wow. you're doing it wrong. You need to keep those redpill truths to yourself and walk the line my friend. It's one thing to play the skeptic/contrarian card in the teacher's lounge, but, until you get in the door, you need to quack like the rest of the ducks.

Goodluck, just restart the process, having learned to play the game

You don't think this incident will be scrutinized when I'm applying for jobs in the future? I don't know if transfer credits will list School #1. Or the school might ask where they came from. And if they contact School #1, they will likely learn of this incident.

Holy shit, WTF is this ridiculous bullshit?
Deficit mindset?
WTF does that mean?
I tried to Google and still no concise definition.
My best guess is that it's literal brainwashing (what else do you call it when someone insists you THINK a certain way about an issue?)

These people are fucking stupid though.

"Inside a developmental paradigm there is empathy for the stage of development people are currently at. There is not judgement just an acknowledgment. It allows for acknowledgement of progress, and celebration. It realises there are muscles to build, and capacities to grow. In the realm of agriculture one does not judge the value of a plant and ask it to improve. We create an environment for it to flourish and grow. That is what we are actually trying to do with students and staff in schools – aren’t we? In fact, I assert that wherever you find a great teacher, a great school, great parents, great coaches, great teams and high performance – you will find this paradigm. Not surprisingly you will also find habits, structures, practices and actions that develop and grow learning.

My coaching to Claire was simple. As we spoke she became clear how hard she was on herself. She saw that she could have a lot more empathy for herself and also share and communicate with people at the school what she is dealing with right now and what support she would like. She left clear and empowered."

ascdedge.ascd.org/blogpost/moving-from-a-deficit-to-a-developmental-mindset

It was a year ago, what have you been doing this whole time?

Your prof sounds like a total fag. Good thing you didn't waste any money. God speed OP.

These people obviously didn't like me and what I had to say. Like I said, just calling it a low-income school is applying a "deficit mindset". Liberal schools don't mind applying a deficit mindset to all the rich, greedy capitalists and the poor exploited workers, now do they?

I certainly didn't say anything like that. Low-income schools were a whole part of the curriculum. They have a high turnover rate -- teachers are constantly leaving. People don't want to work there! That's why they have numerous grants in exchange for people teaching there. That shouldn't be controversial.

What an asshole.

Assistant manager at a warehouse job. I could certainly move up where I'm at, but I really want to teach. It's a passion and it would be best for family -- spending time with a wife and children.

I was looking into a lot of career options while I've been working, deciding if I want to resume at another school. Spending more time with my family, especially after the holidays, it's the most important thing to me. I don't want to be a father that works all the time and doesn't get to be with his kids as they grow up.

Thank you.

From the same fucking blog post

>Our education systems are then built upon this deficit thinking. We need to “improve” our schools. We need to “evaluate” or “appraise” our teachers and get rid of the bad ones and pay the good one’s more. Politicians use the language of deficit and impose deficit thinking models on schools and school systems. They look at other countries like Finland and Singapore through deficit eyes. If you just look at the language alone (e.g. ‘appraisal - the act of estimating or judging the nature or value of something or someone’) I am not surprised teachers and schools are resisting this thinking.

Condemns evaluations or appraisals despite calling for them. Literal doublespeak

For how long have you been attending this school? You could just start your academic record over completely.

Look into academic bankruptcy. You can get your entire academic record wiped.

Did they mean deficient? Fuck your dumb asshole professor for having the audacity to teach from a position of ignorance. At least now you can say they tried to shut you down for wanting a good job. Add that to your toolkit and carry on. Best wishes and God bless you.

Deficit mindset is codeword for conservative.

I know. Did you see the part of my "assessment" where it literally says "For example, [user] talked about socioeconomic status". It's part of the fucking curriculum! That's like making an assessment for a medical student and saying, "For example, user talked about heart disease".

This whole incident really pisses me off because it wasn't even a redpilled shit fit. The curriculum was just like the blog post you mentioned. All about how bad low-income schools are and how devastating it is. Then I bring up the facts about them, and how I simply have concerns about teaching there, and this happens. The whole assignment was for me to share my concerns privately.

I probably don't have any legal recourse over this, huh? They'll just say it's private, part of their program and it evaluates professionalism. Even though the professor told me to write down any concerns I had -- privately. I do have Asperger's, perhaps I have a legal route?

Your professor is a piece of shit.

Thank you so much. Like I said, this wasn't a redpilled shitfit. The professor told me to write down concerns I had. I simply had reservations about teaching at a low-income school. They have a high turnover rate, so many teachers don't want to teach there. And liberals love taxes, so they should understand how many resources these schools lack for teachers and students.

You can do academic bankrupcty because you're not satisfied with your grades.

Alternatively you could apply to a new school not as a transfer but as a freshman. Then just burn your transcript from your other school like you never attended it.

I would lose a lot of progress. I would have to take educational psychology, educational technology, intro to exceptionalities (disabled students). Those are more opportunities for incidents like this to happen again. It's not like I had a huge spergout in class. One wrong sentence on a paper and this could very well happen again.

"Low-income schools" aren't desirable isn't very controversial in my eyes.

Left and right are gutless faggets

This. OP should STFU sometimes and hold back a short term redpill to redpill more strongly in the future. Delayed gratification

Contact an attorney then. Maybe you have options like threatening lawsuit on the school to remove the disposition assessment.

Hire an attorney or contact FIRE tell them you're a conservative and think you're being discriminate against.

Of course. It wasn't a logical or Machiavellian move. That said, it was a private correspondence, an assignment from the professor. It's not as if I said this in class or in front of anyone. And again, "low-income schools are undesirable" isn't really a redpill.

What is FIRE?

A student rights law organisation. 90% of the cases they handle are for libertarians and conservatives or anyone with politically incorrect beliefs because professors are a bunch of Marxists.

I found it. This looks like a wonderful resource, thank you so much! I just looked up university discrimination cases and filing those has to be done within 180 days unless an exception is granted. I could probably get one, being Autistic. The incident was very confusing and upsetting.

Your not alone. I had a big titted math professor who said she had previously worked in a HS down South. Said she didn't like it. I caught her meaning right quick . Damn she had some big tits.

dude...in gradeschool you probably thought you had a "permanent record"

that shit's a lie and you're being ultra paranoid. schools can't release any information unless you specifically authorize it. on the off chance an employer wants a transcript from your old school, you give them the transcript. your transcript won't say anything besides your courses and grades. and they're not going to start asking questions and poking around, harassing old teachers for info. jesus christ, think of how stupid that sounds.

You likely won't have to get into a legal battle. Just the threat of lawsuit and the school will remove the deposition assessment most likely.

Well, I withdrew from the class and stopped attending the others. So my final semester transcript is just a withdrawal and a bunch of stopped attending. So any school is almost certain to ask me about that.

civilrights.findlaw.com/discrimination/how-to-file-an-education-discrimination-complaint-with-the.html

>"A complaint must be filed within 180 calendar days of the date of the alleged discrimination, unless the time for filing is extended by OCR for good cause."

Aren't I too late? This happened almost a year ago. That said, I am Autistic and I think that would help.

This professor is a cock. I've ran into more than one HS teacher who has bailed from inner city tom foolery. One lady told us in class she was hit by a student with a chair in Chicago, hence her decision to move to a nice suburb.

I don't know. Ask them. FIRE is non profit work but if they say you're too late you can just hire an attorney.

The university is public. So I may have a good case of political persecution/Autism. And it would seem that the First Amendment is respected more with cases involving public universities.

Teaching grades k-12 is bluepilled, especially in the US.

I dropped out of a program after I realized I'd either A) end up in the ghetto or B) Always be regulated to teaching generic BS, same old shit every year to kids who should be outside playing and learning instead of being cooped up in a classroom 8 hours per day for 12 years of their lives brain farting

I doubt it matters if the case is good or not. Schools don't typically fight these cases in court. If you're not after money or anything that costs them money I doubt they'll fight it. But I'm not an attorney so you should contact one and find out your options.

Thank you so much for this amazing resource! I wish I would have heard about this sooner, when the incident was more recent.

I became a teacher in Canada.
Became red pilled... saw all the cultural Marxism the schools push.

Now trying to get into law.

Good luck brother.

How old are you?
A lot of engineering field's in Canada are dried the fuck up.