Why has for all of history Russia been considered a different entity to Europe and the West?

Why has for all of history Russia been considered a different entity to Europe and the West?

When people say "The West" that never incudes Russia. Russia is also not counted as "part" of Europe in modern terms.

Why is Russia so different and when did the segregation form?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/HE6rSljTwdU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_Impact_(spacecraft)
nasa.gov/feature/nasas-stardust-sample-return-was-10-years-ago-today
esa.int/Our_Activities/Space_Science/Rosetta/History_of_cometary_missions
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They didn't open their markets to the Rothschild scum.

Russians look different, Are orthodox over catholic and protestant, Were never part of the roman empire unlike the rest of the western nations.

They are azn

First, Russia didn't want to kneel before Pope, back in the time when it was a big deal, and second Russia got conquered by mongols for 200 years. Pre mongolian Russia liked some fighting but was mostly merchant and traded a whole lot. Post mongolian Russia understood, that strength must be on the first place or you'll get eaten.

>me 12 years old playing lego in my room
>mummy knocks on door and says bedtime
>tidy up lego and climb into bed
>mummy comes over and tucks me in
>tell mummy i need to speak to her about something very private
>mummy reassure me i can talk to her about anything
>tell mummy about problem where peepee go big and stiff very irritating
>mummy says is normal but needs tickle from time to time
>ask whats that
>mummy says she will show me how to
>take off pyjama bottoms and sit on mummys lap
>mummy gently stroke peepee and it go hard again
>kiss mummy and touch her boobies
>mummy unbutton her dress and let me suckle
>suddenly feel rush and peepee start pulsing
>hold on to mummy tight and yogurt comes out
>start to cry
>mummy ask whats wrong but just tell her i love her lots
>mummy says she loves me too and very proud of her big boy

Also a bunch of land that was pre mongolian Rus got picked up by Poland and later Austria. Russia wanted it back, thus setting it on a direct confrontation with two contries that were already without doubt part of "west"...

It's just really far away from western Europe when you think about it.

It has no Roman legacy to draw from, which has bonded Europe for a very long time now.

The Anglos and Nordics also share these properties, but are economically tied to the fringes of Europe anyway because they lack the resources to become fully independent. Russia actually has the ability to retain full independence from European systems because of its massive population and resources in comparison to European countries.

>Over 4x population of California
>GDP lower than California

Basically, if your country performs worse than the most cucked state, you aren't white.

Because they're the Eastern church. Western church. Eastern church. Anything that side counts as 'East' and the Roman church is west.

Lrn2 History in the Christian paradigm context, pleb.

Every other state also has lower GDP than California.

I think you missed the bit about population.

Also have a look at this. This is a british drawing of russian general Suvorov fighting french. Remember we were allies at the time!

Because the dichotomy is there from the Cold War. To include Russia in the West would be fucking retarded because Russia is what the West is in contrast to.

>what is the Bolsheviks fucking over Russia along with the Cold War fucking it over

give them time man, they used to be pretty ahead

The dichotomy has been there far longer than the Cold War.

No man, that started looong before it.

Does anyone else think this paradigm will be destroyed in our lifetime? I think in our lifetime it'll break down into races and Russians and Europeans will finally be brought together, if only against Arabs and Asians

France and GB have basically same gdp as California despite being more populated. Like 20 mil more each.

You bastard! Don't you do that to mummy!!!!

>He still doesn't get it

Also, honest question Ruskies...Do you perceive yourself to be "behind" the west? If yes, what do you think the causes are? If no, am I just an arrogant American? Genuinely curious

*farts*

Soon, leaf, soon.

She looks just like a chick I fucked in Ukraine like 10 years ago.

Time to throw the leaves into a pile and burn them all

Mummy is pure and always will be. Night night Mummy

That's a good mummy

Clean up your own country before you worry about ours

56%

>Be typical Canadian
>Angry as fuck because maple syrup rations were guzzled by rogue moose
>Begin shitposting on Sup Forums
>Try to insult America
>Backfires horribly
>Aussie bantz are too much
>Extremely rare American bantz hit particularly hard
>Decide to make a different thread as a vatnik
>Suddenly
>Boom of thunder extremely close by
>Look out window
>Something is floating toward dogskin hut computer is kept warm in
>It's Natalia Poklonskaya
>Natalia's floating two dozen feet in the air
>She's pregnant with a thunderstorm of righteousness
>Her belly's diameter is equal to her height
>Its smooth curvature pulses with veins
>Her Crimean-made t-shirt is stretched over a pair of breasts too large for Canadian brain to comprehend
>Either boob is nearly as big as her belly
>Nipples as big as fists pump in and out with her heartbeat
>Their weight leaves her perpetually ass-up in the air
>Said ass is a big peach in a pair of torn jeans
>A dildo wedged firmly in her cooch powers a little fan that pushes her through the sky
>She glowers in direction of dogskin hut
>Her shadow blots out the sun
>She looses a battlecry as her hands massage her jugs
>REMOVE LEAF FROM BOARD
>Her areolae begin to bloat up
>Bigger
>And bigger
>And bigger
>They become domes that moisten her t-shirt
>Milk begins to spray from her nipples
>Get slammed by germinal geysers of breast milk
>Can't stand up
>Milk pressure is too strong
>Roll over
>Immediately drown in Natalia's mummy milk
>Vision darkens
>Natalia's body drifts toward Vancouver to begin the Great Canuckian Cleansing

Ethnic Russians (slavs) are 100% Europeans, let's get real here. Plus they have plenty of other European ethnicities, Ukranians, Belarusians, Finnic people etc.

In some instanses yeah, pretty far behind. In some not. The causes... There is a bunch of them. From communism (which is great at mobilising resourses you have, but really bad at developing and improving them), to the fact that we're always "default enemy" or not strong enough to be enemy, and because of that pushed to being a resourse colony...

Isn't "the west" a relatively modern term? At least XX century.

Before that it was "Christendom" and Russia was solidly Christian at least since they kicked out the Mongols.

Maybe it's more to do with , they were geographically too far from Rome and Constantinople so they were kind far culturally as well.

Becuase they've never gone full cuck, unlike most of Europe

>Were never part of roman empire

I don't recall nords being part of it either, yet they're considered part of the west?

Besides, Russians were never conquered by Rome, but they were HEAVILY influenced by eastern Rome. They got their written language, much of their culture, religion, system of government from Byzantines. So much so they were considered a strong candidate for the "third rome" and got revenge on the Ottomans for destroying the last Romans.

>russians look different

greeks look different from spaniards, nords from anglos, whats your point?

Mummy

wtf are you talking about? The West only includes western european countries like france, germany, belgium, etc. Countries like Serbia are not considered the West. The "segregation" has existed for centuries because Europe is not one entity. Moscow is not the same as London just like Bangkok is not the same as Tokyo. This is why I laugh at white nationalists. Russians are shit. Being white doesn't change that.

You will replace the brit mummy poster

Also we had really, I mean REALLY bad last century. We got most of the losses in two world wars (and btw for example in WW2 we lost 24mln (not 26 because that included POW, which returned) and from that 16 mln were civilians. We were not killed in fighting germans just exterminated russians almost as eagerly as jews.

OK, that makes sense. Obviously the geography and climate are huge obstacles to development also. Any hypothesis on why Russia seems prone to totalitarian systems? My personal theory is that Russia has such a history of being invaded, that security takes priority over freedom. I have no idea if this is accurate

I love mummy

That's where the term "West" comes from. From the Western Roman empire. They were under influence from the Eastern Roman empire.

Russia was not, is not, will not be west or east.

Stfu scum

Russia has always been part of Europe, they only expanded into Asia about 400 years ago.

Russians expanded East, while other Europeans expanded West, and colonized lands in Americas.

This

And he nations eastern of germany declined the degenerated western 'culture'

>why is eastern europe not considered part of "the west"

Wow that really cooked my noodle

Cool, thanks for answer. I actually try to use this board for discussion sometimes.

Since Russia is controlling the U.S. now I figured I'd try to understand our new overlords :^)

> No Roman legacy.

If you exclude the Eastern Roman empire.

You know that Russia has a claim to be the third Rome? And that whole Constantinopole LARPing is because of that.

I would agree that Russian and Roman influence is jot strong, but currently it's the strongest there is.

lel

Yup, correct. For a long time we were bordering steppes. And every 2-3 years there was a major raid (minor raides happened each year). It only completely stopped when we destroyed Crimean khanate in the end of 18th century. And if we got too occupied with them none of the neighboors were too shy not to grab a piece. And thats probably because we have no "natural borders".

>Russians look different

Wtf is this? Russians look no different than Brits, Germans. Russians might have more Scandinavian/Finnish influence though.

He goes a bit nuts in the end, but this is an interesting explanation nonetheless.

youtu.be/HE6rSljTwdU

Also on climate. In Italy lone farmer can make enough food on his own to sustain his family. In Russia only communes (that's probably why we were weak to communism) of farmers survived.

On the bright side for you guys, after decades of not being worried about war it looks like the west has become incredibly weak. Hopefully you guys can straighten your shit out

>finland
>white
>check flag

All makes sense

Yeah, I've tried to explain that to Americans before. Here we have a history of individualism...Lone pioneers living as farmers, which was enabled by fertile land and decent climate. Russia has a history of communes which either succeeded together or died in the winter together. You can see how these differences still shape our culture

Realtalk: because Russia was never willing to submit to the world order that the powers that be in Europe saw as the future. Even in the time of Peter the Great when Russia did its best to cuck for the West to the point of converting its entire nobility in Frenchmen even down to the language just to please Daddy Europa, Russia was still different somehow to the Anglo dream. Something was off. Maybe it was the Slav culture, maybe the Orthodoxy, maybe something else, but the Russians always stood against the West.
Since then, Russia has not submitted and even has once again risen to oppose. The country has reached a point where they no longer intend to integrate and this is a good thing or else the whole continent will reach maximum overcuck

The west = rich countries
Russia = poor country

Therefore Russia =/= the west

Thanks, good video

It's from 1825-1854 Nikolai I Russia. Romano she were horrified by French Revolution and suppress the enlightment, both intellectual and political.

It became a base both for antagonism with rational (then) western thinking and internal conflict, which teared empire apart in 1918. It failed to evolve own bullshit filter and wasn't ready for such clash.

>germans just exterminated russians almost as eagerly as jews

You exterminated your own people slavshit read a fucking history book.

That even more holohaux than holohaux itself.

Russia wasn't invaded more than let's say, 5 times. Germany was a battleground losing half of population every generation.

This.

People still like to shit on Eastern Europe as not being Western either. There's still people who say Germans are somehow Quasi-Western too.

Biggest thing is that Russia is far away, never part of the Latin Church and thus has a very different cultural mindset. Plus it didn't experience humanism in the same way the West did with the Renaissance.

Part of it has to do with Russia being a flat plain and basically is the first stop for any horde that wants to go on a rampage to Europe. Western Europe benefited by the fact that Russia absorbed the invaders and caused them to generally run out of steam by the time they reached Central Europe.

the fuck

Because it's the "East" of Europe, right next to China

It's copypasta for people that have a creepy obsession with that chick.

Russians don't have human moral values or modern brains. They're basically Africans with primitive sloping neanderthal slavic foreheads and no intellectual capacity.

Yep, we are behind objectively. Reason - ruined USSR from within and outside. Even if they were less animals in 90s we could be much better off now
>tfw picrelated is buran
>tfw massive amount of technical documents were lost
>tfw they only later realized that they could need them afterwards
Fucking bastards.

What's the matter John did a strong slav liberate your wife?

this is exactly why your country cannot into space without russian engines

How does it feel knowing that Mongols used Russians as basically their shit collector slaves because there was no wood to burn in the steppe.

Russians have a worse history of subjugation than the fucking Jews but they get all the credit.

Sure you don't mean Mutti Merkel?

America's 30 year old shuttles are more advanced than anything in Russia. We took them offline so they could be replaced by the Orion shuttle which be capable of delivering crews to Mars. Russia has never landed even an unmanned probe on Mars. 100% of Russian Mars missions have ended in failure. We're going to put people on Mars.

first put people on mars, then you can jerk off on it
I don't know how advanced the shuttles you're talking about are, but I am certain that the US buys russian engines and other stuff to get to space

First put people on the moon, then visit Saturn, Uranus, Pluto, Neptune, Mercury, then you can lecture us on space travel. Oh wait. You've never been to any of those? Oh that sucks. Maybe if more than half of Russian missions didn't explode you could make it where we've already been. You've never even orbited a comet like we have.

The US has achieved much, I don't disagree. But you're completely forgetting that the first man-made object sent into space was from Russia, the first animal was russian, first man in space was russian, first woman in space was russian, first satellite was russian, first object sent to the moon was russian, first picture of the earth from space (from the moon too) was russian. I don't want to continue this list, this should be known by everybody who respects himself and understands even the tiniest about space.
You put a nigger in space first, tho.

Russia had a lot of very simple firsts. But they didn't mean much. Sending a chunk of metal into space was a first but wasn't impressive compared to landing men on the moon and returning them safely. The difference in complexity and technical achievement is massive. It's the difference between skipping a stone across water and building a working hovercraft. Russia had many firsts but America always had the biggest and most impressive achievements.

yes, you're right...
AMERICA IS THE GREATEST!
America invented life

Fpbp

>orbitting the comet
>we
That was ESA, not NASA, and the comet was named by two ruskies check mate burger :^^)

>that ID
guys

That has to sting.

Russia is in Asia. It always was, not just in "modern terms".

>first nigger in space
Top Kek

This

Russians are predominantly blonde and blue eyed while disgusting Frogs, Anglo, and krauts are mud races with dark hair and eyes.

Don't get mad. America is very impressive and has done some insanely difficult and advanced things in space.

Are you dumb? Rosetta was not the first comet mission. NASA returned samples from a comet in 2004.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_Impact_(spacecraft)
nasa.gov/feature/nasas-stardust-sample-return-was-10-years-ago-today

>but I am certain that the US buys russian engines and other stuff to get to space

Well you're wrong. I guess you missed the past 110 years of history but we do have our own aerospace program.

Whatever market share exists for Russian aerospace is only there because of countries that can't buy from the US due to political reasons. Otherwise your chief exports are crude oil and rope.

Mongols didn't take slaves, besides most of Europe that was initially conquered were vessels to the Mongols and were allies.

All they had to do is pay the Mongols

You're retarded

Jesus Christ don't breed, the United States failed like 3 or 4 times before we had a Nazi build our rocket just to get a satellite up. Russians had put a man into space by that time.

True but was it first:
> Philae lander were launched on an Ariane 5G+ rocket from French Guiana on 2 March 2004
>Deep Impact was a NASA space probe launched from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station at 18:47 UTC on January 12, 2005
?

>The Mongol invasions and conquests in the 13th century added a new force in the slave trade. The Mongols enslaved skilled individuals, women and children and marched them to Karakorum or Sarai, whence they were sold throughout Eurasia. Many of these slaves were shipped to the slave market in Novgorod.[46] [47] [48]

>Genoese and Venetians merchants in Crimea were involved in the slave trade with the Golden Horde.[9] [23] In 1441, Haci I Giray declared independence from the Golden Horde and established the Crimean Khanate. For a long time, until the early 18th century, the khanate maintained a massive[clarification needed] slave trade with the Ottoman Empire and the Middle East. In a process called the "harvesting of the steppe", they enslaved many Slavic peasants.[49]

Wasn't first by a long shot.

>Launched on 12 August 1978, ICE achieved the first-ever comet encounter. This NASA spacecraft was originally known as ISEE-3 (International Sun-Earth Explorer). Having completed its original mission, it was reactivated and diverted to pass through the tail of Comet Giacobini-Zinner on 11 September 1985, coming within approximately 7860 kilometres of the comet at closest approach. It also flew through the tail of Comet Halley on 28 March 1986, at a distance of 31 million kilometres from the comet's nucleus.

Also read this:esa.int/Our_Activities/Space_Science/Rosetta/History_of_cometary_missions

Both US and Russia had cometary missions before the ESA.

>Tatars are now Mongols
????

I'll give you the first one but that was temporary since Russia and other European territories became vassals fairly quickly

>most colleges
>people from all over the world
>are niggers but not too many
for such a cucked beta state it has raw intellect
no wisdom though but still

We're not the West, we're not the East.
We're something else. Our own mentality, our own way. It is a painful way, one that demands effort.
Russians are not a mentally healthy race. Would any normal man head to the frozen wastes, to conquer them and those who live there? Russians did, conquering a whole immense, waste climatic zone. We now have enough resources to last for decades, and that is only what we discovered yet. 90% of Siberia is unexplored excluding specific bits in search of natural resources.
Russia isn't a country that should logically exist. We've been fought and even nearly defeated countless times, yet always we returned stronger than before, having learned of new ways to fail and knowing how to avoid them.
We are the only nation in existence that could possibly solve the equation 'country divided by zero' and recieve an answer.