About half of Americans born at the turn of the 20th century had blue eyes...

>About half of Americans born at the turn of the 20th century had blue eyes, according to a 2002 Loyola University study in Chicago. By mid-century that number had dropped to a third. Today only about one 1 of every 6 Americans has blue eyes
Who is responsible for this?

Other urls found in this thread:

genetics.thetech.org/ask-a-geneticist/brown-eyed-parents-blue-eyed-kids
stromamedical.com/page/patient-info-faq
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Mexicans

>Who is responsible for this?
You are. Stop committing sodomy.

Two things
1. Demographic change - other races are not as likely to have blue eyes. It is generally rare outside of the white community.

2. Blue eyed whites marrying brown eyed whites - As we got more immigrants from Central and Southern Europe, brown eyes became more common in America. And over time these new ethnicities intermarried. So you had blue eyed whites marrying brown eyed whites, and since brown eyes are dominant, they were more likely to be passed down.

I expected you to say Jews

Not really. Even if you didn't take into account non-white immigration, the blue eyed trait was decreasing in the white community too.

So it just naturally decreases? Then how did entire populations end up with blue eyes to begin with?

Green>Amber>Hazel and light brown>Blue

>look at me guys, I'm contrarian!

I believe it was a mutation.

And it won't decrease as long as you have a mostly blue eyed population. But the reason it decreased in America is because we had immigrants from all over Europe.

Our base started off mostly with Northwestern Europeans, who mostly had blue eyes. But eventually we took in Central and Southern Europeans, who were more likely to have brown eyes. Over time, these groups intermarried and were more likely to produce brown eyed children. Plus you figure some whites were in interracial relationships with other groups like Native Americans and this had an impact.

It will only naturally decrease if you add brown eyed people to a blue eyed population. If a lot of Southern Italians moved into Sweden and started mating with Swedes, you'd probably see it decrease there too.

My eyes are similar to the one in the center, but with more visible green.

Am I white, Sup Forums?

What colour is the centre one?

I think it's called "subhuman"

No what he is saying is typical

No those are the blue ones

yes

Quiet, Chink! Your superior is speaking.

>since brown eyes are dominant, they were more likely to be passed down.
That's not true. Dominance means that if you are heterozygous for that trait (aka a blue and a brown allele) then brown will be expressed. Dominance only affects expression, not inheritability. Someone who has brown eyes but is a carrier of the blue eye allele is just as likely to pass on the blue alelle as the brown.

nope

the danedevil is correct

DNA. The parents need to have blue eyes on both DNA strands in 2 places. Any brown eye DNA supersedes the blue.

IE my parents both have brown eyes but both me and my brother have blue eyes (a 1/4 chance) because both my parents are carriers of the blue allele

Yeah desu, I've hazel eyes and I was born in England to English parents with English blood far back as we know.

It's a mutation that predisposed northern Europeans to have blue eyes.

Since it's a recessive gene, it inevitably becomes filtered out in a society that has brown eyes (dominant).

The removal of the trait is the same concept of hybrid vigor of selective breeding. A regression towards the mean.

It's unfortunate. Nothing happens without a reason, and I don't know the function of blue eyes. I doubt it's merely aesthetic.

genetics.thetech.org/ask-a-geneticist/brown-eyed-parents-blue-eyed-kids

mine are the bottom left corner

>tfw both parents are broweyed
>born with green/hazel
Thanks grandpa

Don't try to pretend you understand genetic please.

In a large population, reccessive genetic traits that are not deleterious (aka do not harm the organism's ability to live/reproduce) will not disappear, because of heterozygosity. Only in a small population could this happen, and that would be due to genetic drift aka random chance.

>I doubt it's merely aesthetic.
there is nothing to suggest differently so
why?
sexual selection is just as important as natural selection

you sound like your understanding of the matter is very superficial at best

>my eyes are Green with ultra-rare central heterochromia.
>wife's eyes are Blue
>all three son's eyes are Green with ultra-rare central heterochromia.
>daughter's eyes are Blue with ultra-rare central heterochromia.

God damn, I love being White!!!!

Are white people even capable of having that dark brown colour of the top right corner?

blue eyes are sign you have pure blood; direct from god; no one understands this, unless you know... i have blue eyes, and one of my daughters has blue eyes, the other, green-blue; depending on her mood; we are the greatest of all.

literally impossible

your dad got cheated on buddy

Same with hair. Both my parents had dark hair, but I got blonde hair.

>t. retard

people with blue eyes tend to not be able to handle intense sunlights and are prone to migraines as they get older

It's basically a lack of pigment around the iris

you got it the other way around m8
it's impossible for two blue eyed parents to have a brown eyed child

>tfw my blue eyes are becoming more rare
what a feel

>who is responsible for this

you know who

Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965, and that was just the start

America is ruined

>tfw greater than your daughter

If blue eyed people had a common ancestor, does that mean that they are all slightly retarded incestuous babies?

BLUE EYES ARE NOT BECOMING MORE RARE

Dominance means that if you are heterozygous for that trait (aka a blue and a brown allele) then brown will be expressed. Dominance only affects expression, not inheritability. Someone who has brown eyes but is a carrier of the blue eye allele is just as likely to pass on the blue alelle as the brown.
In a large population, reccessive genetic traits that are not deleterious (aka do not harm the organism's ability to live/reproduce) will not disappear, because of heterozygosity. Only in a small population could this happen, and that would be due to genetic drift aka random chance.

>tfw my sister got hazel eyes with a little yellow in the middle.
>it honestly looks like she has sunflowers in her eyes.
>gets complimented all the time on her beautiful eyes..
>I got plain old brown eyes.
>even though we have the same parents my sister gets the good eyes
Fuck my life.

i should correct that, blue eye alleles are not becoming more rare

amber>hazel
heresy

I dunno but it looks like shit
Even light brown eyes look like diarrhea.

>mom has amazing green eyes and i have top right eyes. Feels Bad

Ah thanks Iceland

it's worth nothing that while you're correct that blue eyes are recessive eye color heredity is not as simple as once thought though
it's not perfectly mendelian so the standard tables people learn in high school do not apply

It's not impossible at all. Even some niggers have blue eyes.

yea I'm aware, just trying to get these people to see that blue eyes are not dying out

Fuck this mongrel country

It's pretty interesting to see how this affects sexual selection. Several studies have found that men with blue eyes find women with blue eyes more attractive than women without, while women with blue eyes are indifferent. This is probably one reason why the trait proliferates, because of unconscious male desire for paternal assurance. Women, after all, know that their child is theirs, while men have to seek other ways to make sure their genes don't die out.

Green eyes master race reporting in
blue and brown are for heathens

Uhhh i think every men will find women with blue eyes more attractive

Blue eyes are a true mutation unlike say green eyes where it's essentially a lack of melanin and the refraction that creates the color.

Can't recall the deal with gray/silver eyes though.

blue eyes here

I can see like a cat in the dark.

That's not what the studies show. Men with brown eyes, on average, rate attractive women with brown eyes the similarly as attractive women with blue eyes.

Every single new gene is a "true" mutation

>true mutation

What does that even mean?

Having a brain is a mutation. Having hair is a mutation. Reproduction is a mutation.

How did they reproduce before the mutation of reproduction happend? Checkmate atheism.

>mom side all blue eyes
>she got brown eyes
>dad Italian immigrant
>get stuck with poo eyes and jet black hair
Here's hoping the possible future children get lucky in the color lottery

nonwhites shouldn't be having children at all user

Messed up there.

I meant sexual reproduction.

Sorry I guess I thought I was tutoring again.

I just wanted to add that it wasn't just a lack of freaking melanin like green/hazel eyes. Blue is distinct form other light eyes.

Blue eyes are from snownigs looking at glaciers all day

green heterochromia master race reporting in

Cool.

Green eyed master race checking in. We aliens now

US used to restrict immigration to western europe only.

How depressing is it where you live?

>I just wanted to add that it wasn't just a lack of freaking melanin like green/hazel eyes
I think they are.
stromamedical.com/page/patient-info-faq

There's no dye or anything involved. Brown eyes are turned blue through removal of brown pigmentation.

Reminder that you are only partially white if you have white features but not blue eyes.

>Who is responsible for this?

those behind the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965 which shifted our immigration preference away from Europeans and towards brown-eyed shitskins. obviously it was authored by a Jew, Emanuel Celler. another candidate is jewboy Israel Zangwill who created the idea of America as a "nation of immigrants" when he authored his play "the melting pot"

>brown eyed
>white
Half white at best.

>muh beautiful pale eyes

While I tend to agree that dark eyes are a little off-putting can you really deny that pale eyes are optimal for sunny climate? The center of that picture is more suitable for most of the earth. Of course we have sunglasses and sunblock to protect our eyes and skin but doesn't that mean having brown eyes and light brown skin is more convenient and safe?

Holy shit could kek make it any more clear that mudeyes are not true whites

>Europeans are a homogeneous group of people who all have blonde hairs/ blue eyes

blue eyes are a recessive trait and not all whites have them. If we had more isolated populations then you would have the retention of recessive gene's in the genepool but since the modernization of travel all recessive genes are dying out.

Is this considered blue?

I have eyes just like this but with a little less brown

>who is responsible for this?

white people are for being mix racing nigger lovers.

((I really wonder who))

Jews.

Eye color is controlled by one gene. That is 0.00005% of our genome. In other words it has basically nothing to do with whiteness other than it being a common trait in people who are fair skinned. Would you say that a black man with blue eyes is only partially white? No. Everyone alive today with blue eyes can be traced back to one man who had the mutation. As I said before its origin has nothing to do with whiteness it is simply common among white people because 1) white people think it's attractive. 2) it being recessive means it's expressed more easily in white people.

Sup Forumsacks are literally retarted when it comes to recessive genes. eye color is like 1/10000 part of our genetic makeup. additionally, this would happen in an only white environment as well, due to the fact its recessive by nature and green eyes and brown eyes are also natural in whites.

no idea

When two blue eyed whites (bb) marry two brown eye'd whites (BB), their 4 brown eye'd children (Bb) will only have a 25% chance of having a blue eyed baby. This is what we are referring to.
The collapse of Central America and the way that the continued dominance plays between the US and the USSR in Central America created a situation where most Latinos had no chance of success unless they moved to the US.

This is what created the Latino migration, that and American policies that make using undocumented labor (illegal or just grey market, either way) so low risk that legitimate concerns and employers cannot compete.

Falling birth rates in the agnostic/atheistic white demographic do not help much.

real world
>most white people are brown eyed

pol world
>ONLY BLUE EYED PEOPLE ARE WHITE!!

Yes but all human beings are. Even if you follow the bible adam and eve are the mother and father of mankind. That implies that the children of adam and eve fucked and fucked to populate the earth.

>When two blue eyed whites (bb) marry two brown eye'd whites (BB), their 4 brown eye'd children (Bb) will only have a 25% chance of having a blue eyed baby. This is what we are referring to.

This by itself won't change the frequency of blue eyes. It will stay at a constant level unless outside groups get involved.

It's not just a matter of percentage of genes, the genes that control eye colour are highly prevalent in genuinely white demographics.
The genes for eye colour are typically linked with hair colour genes so that during recombination there is a greater than Mendelian (>50%) chance of eye and hair colour genes crossing over together.
While blue eyes don't make a person white by necessity they certainly indicate that one is more likely to carry other genes that are classically considered white (intelligence, height, alcohol tolerance).

also Sup Forums doesnt realize that blue eyes are just the absence of eye color. thats why people with brown or green eyes sometimes see their eyes turn blue when they grow old, because the pigment particles within the eye break off . thats why eye laser surgery will soon be available to remove brown pigment in the eye, and will turn the eye into a hazel blueish color, or the absence of brown color.

I have green eyes and so does my gf and daughter. We're scottish, danish and english blood.
Are we not white???

I have brown eyes and blond hair.

Am I Sup Forums approved?

The ideal genetic distance between partners in a reproductive pair is approximately as close as 3rd cousins.
Incest is an issue for immediate family and first cousins (second cousins to a lesser extent).
Incest only becomes a serious issue after 2 or more generations of familial breeding due to undesirable recessive alleles being expressed.

This has to qualify for the "one of the dumbest post" award

i have hazel eyes and everyone makes fun of me for being white as HECK

Diversity and traitors of superior genetics

glorious diversity. So colorful and progressive, it brought a tear to my eye.